#81 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 14 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's betting that the international community doesn't have the balls to oppose him for long, and for good reason. There is a long history of, well, them not having the balls to seriously oppose him for long. It also helps that he has aid in China who warned people not actually enforce those new sanctions through any kind of force.

I am sad that my ancestral homeland is helping this madman. facepalm.png

#82 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 14 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that madman Kim Jong Il is threatening Nuclear War! DD:

Things just keep on escalating x.x

Nice going Jong, I hope we over throw that madman.

#83 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 14 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pfffffft. Not likely.

The UN is useless, and everyone else is hiding.

Talking can only do so much, but since the Chinese are backing them up... the situation could escalate. facepalm.png

#84 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 14 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pfffffft. Not likely.

The UN is useless, and everyone else is hiding.

Talking can only do so much, but since the Chinese are backing them up... the situation could escalate. facepalm.png

This is true.

#85 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 14 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One other problem. If the UN REALLY wanted to do that, China and Russia, could and probably would, tell the rest of the security council to go screw themselves. And, thus, the Security will do nothing because both countries have veto power. Check the long history of both the USA and USSR doing that during the Cold War to see how it'll play out.

#86 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 15 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One other problem. If the UN REALLY wanted to do that, China and Russia, could and probably would, tell the rest of the security council to go screw themselves. And, thus, the Security will do nothing because both countries have veto power. Check the long history of both the USA and USSR doing that during the Cold War to see how it'll play out.

Ah yes, The UN sucks at defend their own nations from a mad man. Yes, the USSR during the cold war if this plays out. We will be on the losing end but if the voted for us then I'll be happy that are relations have improved quite good over the times.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 16 June 2009 - 12:44 AM.

#87 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 15 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes, The UN sucks at defend their own nations from a mad man. Yes, the USSR during the cold war if this plays out. We will be on the losing end but if the voted for us then I'll be happy that are relations have improved quite good over the times.

Relations? What relations?

The Chinese are so deep in bed with the North Koreans, the UN would be surprised to get even a nice way of telling them to piss off.

#88 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 15 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Relations? What relations?

The Chinese are so deep in bed with the North Koreans, the UN would be surprised to get even a nice way of telling them to piss off.

The USSR not China silly.

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 15 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The USSR not China silly.

Same thing.

And the USSR doesn't exist anymore. It's just Russia now, and they're in bed with the Chinese.

#90 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 15 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same thing.

And the USSR doesn't exist anymore. It's just Russia now, and they're in bed with the Chinese.

Ah I see lol.

#91 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Things are getting worse.

http://news.yahoo.co..._koreas_nuclear
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#92 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Jun 22 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things are getting worse.

He not stupid, I don't think he has the guts if he did do it the whole world will be at his feet because of international law stated he can't use Nukes on anybody unless in war times.

I DOUBT he has anything to offer China and Russia to be in bed with them. Korea is not a supper power nor a rich country so he doesn't have much to offer so they wiil side with us if he even think about attacking us.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 22 June 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#93 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Ugh.... I do not want to die before I'm 40 because of escalating tension..... Really, I was hoping that Jong-Il at least wanted to listen to Obama now that Bush is gone....

#94 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 22 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He not stupid, I don't think he has the guts if he did do it the whole world will be at his feet because of international law stated he can't use Nukes on anybody unless in war times.

I DOUBT he has anything to offer China and Russia to be in bed with them. Korea is not a supper power nor a rich country so he doesn't have much to offer so they wiil side with us if he even think about attacking us.

International law says you really can't use nukes in any case. That's why they're disarming a lot of countries.

China and Russia ally with the US? Keep dreaming. Russia has been annoyed at American antics since the Cold War, same with China. Korea might not be rich, or a super power, but it relies on China for food, arms and fuel. No way China is throwing away a major arms and fuels deal just to side with a crippled superpower like the US.

Jong-Il doesn't have the guts, but that doesn't mean China will side with the Americans either. The Chinese have invested too much into NK to withdraw now, and they've been in there since the 1950's.

#95 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

They might be investing a lot in NK, but consider that what they get is an unstable madman with megalomaniacal tendencies, with piles of half dead human corpses mounting on the walls of his palace. Nice investment, they would be better off investing what ever they did with Bernie Madoff.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#96 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jun 23 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They might be investing a lot in NK, but consider that what they get is an unstable madman with megalomaniacal tendencies, with piles of half dead human corpses mounting on the walls of his palace. Nice investment, they would be better off investing what ever they did with Bernie Madoff.

Money talks.

Anything else doesn't really do with the Chinese government. IMO, its a government with a bunch of old geezers running around like monkeys.

I'll stick to my Taiwanese politics, thanks.

#97 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 22 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Money talks.

Anything else doesn't really do with the Chinese government. IMO, its a government with a bunch of old geezers running around like monkeys.

I'll stick to my Taiwanese politics, thanks.

We have several geniune allies in the Pacific. Like Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea. We can't let let these guys fall. The sad part is that we as a joint operations force have the capabilities to stop NK. We just choose not too. Granted that China and NK are in bed with each other, but still, we have the capability to do something. It's like someone is saying he will punch you enough to cause serious damage and you have the ability to punch him first to stop him because no one else will, but you choose not to.

The problem with the UN is people have faith with them, but they are just like any political body, with corruption and the like. They're just going to end up making resolutions and passing more resolutions about previous resolutions while certain international players ignore sanctions and the line. You stand on any side of the whole Iraq War but before we did anything over other, certain other countries were getting benefits from Saddam's Iraq and doing things to undermine us then. In this situation, you can definitely bet at China, while they pull BS, is definitely doing something with NK.

#98 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Now North Korea is accusing the US of 'provoking' a war, and threatening to wipe the US off the map facepalm.png

#99 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Ugh, don't they know the consequences of their actions can lead THEM also being obliterated from the face of the Earth? It seems like while everyone else is talking about nuclear disarmament, North Korea's leaving the talks with threats..... sleep.gif'

#100 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

They are really pushing it... They are desperately trying to start a war... dry.gif

I don't want World War III with nuclear weapons on board happening, seriously.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users