Close
Photo

Shino had so potential, it’s so sad how he was wasted.

Shino Aburame Aburame Shino

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

He was incredibly badass. His fight with Zaku was so brutal and planned out. Hes smart AND deadly, plain ruthless. He was surely one of the top 3 strongest of the Konoha 11 in my opinion. But Kishimoto barely used him, which makes me sad.

He was so cool and mysterious and even though I absolutely kittening hate bugs, hes one of my favorite characters. I firmly believe that the Sasuke Retrieval Arc wouldve been successful if he had been on the team.

Thoughts?

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

The whole team is underused. Kurenai is the only sensei who didn't have a single battle and also the only woman.

My thoughts are, kishi sucks.

ナルサク

#3 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

The whole team is underused. Kurenai is the only sensei who didn't have a single battle and also the only woman.

My thoughts are, kishi sucks.

What about when she fought Itachi? It was a group battle, but still...

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

What about when she fought Itachi? It was a group battle, but still...

I wouldn't call that a battle. She didn't really show anything.

Kakashi got many battles, Asuma when he died, and Gai got in the war. They were all long fights and they went all out, showing everything they had.

ナルサク

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

Kishimoto really didn't use many character. He was good at introducing them bad at follow-through.

#6 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

Yeah...

But sadly, this manga is all about missed oportunities.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

He was incredibly badass. His fight with Zaku was so brutal and planned out. Hes smart AND deadly, plain ruthless. He was surely one of the top 3 strongest of the Konoha 11 in my opinion. But Kishimoto barely used him, which makes me sad.

He was so cool and mysterious and even though I absolutely kittening hate bugs, hes one of my favorite characters. I firmly believe that the Sasuke Retrieval Arc wouldve been successful if he had been on the team.

Thoughts?

Agreed, and also, unfortunately, that sums up about 98% of the cast :ermm:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:39 PM

He was probably the only really interesting member of that team, and that includes Kurenai, Hinata was kinda boring and a stalker, Kiba was a more arrogant and less likeable Naruto, and Kurenai was hardly there, though her early scenes seem to hint at her having issues with Naruto, but I guess it would be retconned as referring to thinking about him being the boy Hinata likes, personality wise she was one of the least interesting Konoha Jounins introduced.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

I would say Hinata is boring and certainly is stalker. But Shino was probably the top1 in terms of streght before timeskip. Maybe Lee coud've challenge him for that title.

#10 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

She doesn't fit the definition of a stalker, at the least if we're specifically talking the manga. It's more than just following or even stopping to watch someone. 

Your definition, that is...

#11 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Not so either.

To classify it as stalking, you need first several examples, and you would need to show that the victim felt threatened or bothered by their presence. Frankly, the portrayal is innocent, and turning it into stalking is either not remembering it right, getting things confused from the anime that messes everyone up, or you're just twisting. 

You'd probably not have anything to use in part two. Watching Naruto leave is kind of a weak example, given she meant to say farewell. You don't even get any other panels bar a mention she watched him train, which is used as inspiration. It isn't used for typical malicious stalking examples. So your argument would be based on that she -was- a stalker in the Academy Timeline, and you'd run right up against the intention of the action and portrayal. So you have zero stalking panels. And narrative intention showing someone with insight on who Naruto is. 

Blatantly, Hinata doesn't fit the profile of a stalker, not by my own definition, but by the denotation itself. Fact Checked. 

So, if person can't see that she is being watched, it's ok to stalk???

Hinata never tried to approach him, even in presentation of character, Naruto gives her a description of who she is. As easy as that.

And her looking for him as inspiration or any other reason must justify stalking? xD

Twisting yet another fact, nice.

#12 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

You're assuming they are stalking, which is the issue. There are zero panels of Hinata stalking. And by your definition of watching, we can't watch anyone do anything ever, but that's not how stalking works either.

If you're referring to Hinata saying farewell, she got too shy. This still isn't stalking, you have to ignore intent to twist it that way.

Again, assuming stalking. There aren't any panels. 

Not even twisting. There's seriously zero panels of Hinata stalking. If it doesn't exist, what are you talking about then? Stalking Hinata is pure fanon. 

So, watching, never care to come and start conversation, fainting from the fact that you speak to person you talk too...

Yeah, not being an agressive stalker, doesn't prove she's not a stalker at all.

But whatever floats your boat, I won't be surprised if you in future will say that Sasuke didn't tried to kll his teammates. I'm not intrested in debating with you on this topic anymore jusr wrote how things really are, as you are unable to acknowledge anything beyond your own opinion, proved many times. Cheers.

#13 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

That's not a stalker, and in the one instance we do see of on panel searching, she's too shy. It does prove it, and you're welcome to try to dig up panels to prove otherwise but you'll find yourself empty. 

Saying Sasuke didn't kill his team-mates is far different and indisputably. Saying Hinata stalked Naruto is not understanding what stalk means or actively twisting facts. 

Cheers though. 

If anything, it's you who disagree in here, so that's you who need to do anything.

And whered did I even said that he killed them.

#14 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Girl, can you ever stay on topic? We're talking about SHINO.  Why do you have to make every thread about Hinata?

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#15 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Shino, just like lot of the cast, was a  wasted character but that's what happens when you create so many characters for the purpose of one arc and stop giving a crap about them afterwards, Kishi merely wrote the K11 for the chuunin exams, after that they were nowhere to be seen until the Sasuke Retrival Arc, then they some appeared a little have their arcs but characters like kiba and shino just puffed out of existence.

It's funny, I always thought that Shino wanted to be the leader of his clan just like his father, why is now a mere academy sensei who acts so flpping goofy, he was NEVER like that, that's not  character development that's character REWRITING, or kishi just forgot about him and his personality I guess.

Hey Analyzer, pls stop it with creating debate threads, we all know your opinions and your stance on pretty much everything so just let it be, otherwise you are gonna get every thread closed for not staying on topic, if you have a problem go to or create a debate thread and write your opinions on that until your keyboard doesn't work anymore.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#16 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, Kishimoto had a lot of good ideas, but he's like a little kid. Rather than play with the toys he already has, he always want something new! Baby want now! Baby want now! This isn't entirely his fault since Shounen Jump more or less pressures manga writers to constantly engage in this form of escalation, but it's certainly one of the many reasons this series ended up falling apart.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#17 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Shino would've been one of the bigger gamechangers in the Fourth War if he were written with consideration.  He's proven to be clever strategist and his bugs consume chakra.  He would've at least become a substantial nuisance for Madara and Obito. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#18 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Shino would've been one of the bigger gamechangers in the Fourth War if he were written with consideration.  He's proven to be clever strategist and his bugs consume chakra.  He would've at least become a substantial nuisance for Madara and Obito. 

Problem is that writing his fights would require a lot more cleverness and creativity from the author than slapping the bad guy with a different colored/shaped rasengan, so he needed to be swept to the side for the greater good of mediocrity.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#19 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Problem is that writing his fights would require a lot more cleverness and creativity from the author than slapping the bad guy with a different colored/shaped rasengan, so he needed to be swept to the side for the greater good of mediocrity.

Oof! and we can't have that now can we.

Person 1: Hey, let's have a nice, cold, calculated fight about outsmarting your opponent!

Person 2: I like big colorful explosions.

Sounds like a Michael Bay movie!  :sweat:

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#20 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

*See attached image*

I actually liked Shino a lot. It was a different Ninja, so to speak, and his bug techniques were very clever. I'd say that he was one of the smartest of the side. Characters out there. However, again, if we go with the line of writing all the way until the Pain Arc, quite a few characters were given development here and there. After the Pain Arc things went Sasuke centered and pretty much dooming every character in the manga in terms of potential (and I don't care of you disagree Analyzer. Don't expect me to read whatever you have to say. I already agreed to disagree with you, so spare me the replies).

Attached Files

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 16 October 2017 - 10:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shino Aburame, Aburame Shino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users