147 replies to this topic

#1 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 12:55 AM

Ignoring the boruto fiasco. Sakura is finally active in a new manga.
Surprisingly this side story is doing much better than Boruto in both US and Japan.

retusden.jpg

2.jpg

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

What's your thought folks? It's worth for Sakura's fans or the SasuSaku material ruins everything?

Edited by Therece, 27 November 2022 - 05:36 PM.

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 November 2022 - 02:24 AM

Not worth it I don't want to see sakura with sasuke in a romantic sense at all

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:11 AM

Eh, Naruto in general is not worth any of my time anymore. I’ve no more interest in it regardless of Sakura being active in this new series

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:21 AM

Not worth it I don't want to see sakura with sasuke in a romantic sense at all

exactly!!! I don't want to see that kitten. Far as I'm concerned, that ain't even the real Sakura. So, they could take this Sakura's head and shove it up Sasuke's ass and take Sasuke's head and shove it up that other dude who is in the room's ass, and take his head shove it up the guard's ass.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 23 November 2022 - 03:02 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#5 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:36 AM

Honestly, I'm going through another transitional phase and that's be distancing myself from the Naruto series and the fandom like I did back in 2017 because it's really not worth my time and effort anymore.  

A lot of my undivided attention has been going towards Chainsaw Man.

But I'm still sticking around here because I love having conversations with you guys about other things on the forums. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 23 November 2022 - 03:37 AM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 04:05 AM

Just because she is in a side manga based off a light novel that's about appeasing SS fans doesn't means she is 'back.'

The side manga could sell a thousand-fold to Boruto and that doesn't means she will be involved in the story.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2022 - 05:05 AM.

#7 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 04:49 AM

Just because she is in a side manga based off a light novel that about appeasing SS fans doesn't means she is 'back.'

The side manga could sell a thousand fold to Boruto and that doesn't means she will be involved in the story.

Well, this manga is based in a novel heavilly focused on Sakura (and Sasuke)

It's the biggest Sakura's screentime and participation since the ending of the original Naruto's story and Sarada's Gaiden both from 2015.
After that Sakura is a simply side Character who have some training with Sarada and make some dinner in the Boruto anime.

Ignoring Sakura's solo novel who didn't get neither anime or manga adaptation.

I Think it's a good material for Sakura's or NS fans who didn't mind SS.
it's interesting to see finally Sakura working as a Doctor and a Medical-nin, not just a housewife.

Edited by Therece, 23 November 2022 - 04:51 AM.

#8 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 November 2022 - 05:16 AM

It's the biggest Sakura's screentime and participation since the ending of the original Naruto's story and Sarada's Gaiden both from 2015.
After that Sakura is a simply side Character who have some training with Sarada and make some dinner in the Boruto anime.

it's interesting to see finally Sakura working as a Doctor and a Medical-nin, not just a housewife.

There are a few occasions where Sakura does do something medically related in the Boruto anime, but it's like a once in the blue moon kind of situation. 

-  I think the last one was when Sakura was teaching a course on medical ninjutsu at the academy, and her daughter wanted to try it out. 

but for the NS fans who don't mind the SS content in this story... I've got nothing against them and honestly I am okay with the fact they are feeling happy and pleased about the manga.  All the power to them. 

Admittedly, I do also like the fact that we are seeing Sakura in her medical zone here. 

The total wtf moment for me honestly was Sasuke having to struggle against the velociraptor.... that was like huh?   okay  pretty silly and ridiculous, but at the end of the day it is what it is .    

Edited by LuckyChi7, 23 November 2022 - 05:17 AM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#9 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:01 PM

Don't care.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:47 PM

I doubt there are many narusaku fans that don't mind sasusaku or consider this to be good material for them. Frankly I think any self respecting narusaku fan wouldn't like anything with what they done with sakura's character.

It's a bad story that only the most die hard sasusaku fans or sasuke fans would like. Yes it's always nice to see sakura doing medical stuff but the sasusaku baggage always gets in the way if enjoying it

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 November 2022 - 01:42 AM

If I had just one wish it would be for the bs to just die already.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:25 AM

I just want to point out that there was an attempted prison rape scene (the sixth one you picked), just so the story could have a scene where they state they were married. That is the SS scene we have had so far...No thank you.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 November 2022 - 06:13 AM.

#13 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 November 2022 - 01:32 AM

I just want to point out that there was an attempted prison rape scene (the sixth one you picked), just so the story could have a scene where they state they were married. That is the SS scene we have had so far...No thank you.

You know what is really sick is if it happened to Sakura her haters would just laugh saying she had it coming. Shows how bad the Hinata fans are and just how sick in the head they are if they found it funny.

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 06:05 AM

It just shows how sad the couple is that they have to FORCE a moment like that just to show Sasuke actually gives a second thought to his wife, even though Sakura can deck the creep through the ground, no problem. what a kitten fest this is, to Sakura's character first and foremost and garbage writing for a couple to resort to that. If this pairing was actually developed it would need any of this baloney. This scene just reinforces SS is an utter piece of kitten for a romantic couple in every sense.

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 November 2022 - 06:09 AM.

#15 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 12:45 PM

You know what is really sick is if it happened to Sakura her haters would just laugh saying she had it coming. Shows how bad the Hinata fans are and just how sick in the head they are if they found it funny.

Aparently NaruHina and Hinata fans are bitter and angry as ever with this adaptation from Retsuden story.

First because they choosen SasuSaku story.

Second because it's doing supreendelly well, with better numbers than Boruto, what shows that SasuSaku, Sasuke or Sakura is much more  financially successful than NaruHina and the own Boruto.

Sakura is doing something important like fighting in a mission and being a medic-nin not just a useless HouseWife like Hinata.

Also Hinata scenes was completely excluded from the special Naruto's 20 years video comemoration while they put Sakura moments and SasuSaku departure scene.

Edited by Therece, 25 November 2022 - 12:55 PM.

#16 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 03:24 PM

No thanks.

Sakuras character is destroyed by the end of the manga. Im not sure who is the target audience of a character that throw away her self-dignity, self-respect and self-worth for someone who doesnt even care for her and her daughter.

Well see how the manga sales fare when it comes out. Thatll be the true yardstick.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 09:16 PM

No thanks.

Sakura's character is destroyed by the end of the manga. Im not sure who is the target audience of a character that throw away her self-dignity, self-respect and self-worth for someone who doesn't even care for her and her daughter.

Well see how the manga sales fare when it comes out. That'll be the true yardstick.

Oh that's simple, people that don't care about her character and only care about using as a insert character; so, they fantasize about a relationship with a hot dreamy bad boy who is still semi-wild and dangerous.  

Aparently NaruHina and Hinata fans are bitter and angry as ever with this adaptation from Retsuden story.

First because they chosen SasuSaku story.

Second because it's doing supremely well, with better numbers than Boruto, what shows that SasuSaku, Sasuke or Sakura is much more financially successful than NaruHina and the own Boruto.

Sakura is doing something important like fighting in a mission and being a medic-nin not just a useless HouseWife like Hinata.

Also Hinata scenes was completely excluded from the special Naruto's 20 years video comemoration while they put Sakura moments and SasuSaku departure scene.

Because they haven't gotten anything like this since the last despite the fact that they are the end pairing and the couple that made the new main character.

Again, showing how this was the worst option for Naruto to end on because they actually hate each other.

Again, making them bitter and likely making the people in charge of Ikemoto putting a fire under his ass.

Not sure about the housewife part they just hate she is involved in the story at all, and that this story is about having SS moments.

They did? I skimmed through that video.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2022 - 09:17 PM.

#18 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:49 PM

I'm enjoying this so far. At some point  you guys gotta get over the pairings to be honest. I have no feelings seeing SasuSaku and ya'll should do the same.  I'm here for Sakura content.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 11:53 PM

Sakura as a character? Sure. Sakura as a plot device to show that Sasuke “I couldn’t give two kitten shakes about this woman before” Uchiha actually is jealous/ protective of his wife is another issue. Especially since said moment is not actually in character with Sakura in the first place because like I said, she should have punched any perpatrator of molestation/assault a dozen feet away. She did that when she was 12 so why not now? And perhaps Sasuke and Sakura being a couple is something that all of us should at least be indifferent to at best, I admit it but they are not like Naruto and Hinata. Their relationship up til their marriage was toxic, plain and simple. It does not erase chapter 693. It does not erase Sasuke trying to kill Sakura at least twice in the Kage Summit Arc. It does not erase Sakura turning into a sobbing depressed mess whenever Sasuke is brought up after the time skip. Most of all it does not erase the fact that Sakura regressed to her 12 year old self because she got her dream man back. And you know what turns me off to it now? The fact that Sasuke said sorry but he hasn’t changed. He’s still mostly indifferent to Sakura and he left her alone to essentially be an overworked single mom and barely if ever shows up to be part of his family’s lives. If he actually tried to better himself and attempt to be a family man as best he can, instead of being a vagabond spy of his own volition, I wouldn’t be complaining. And you know I’m not making this up. As for Reading because you want to see Sakura moments, sure. But for how long I wonder? How long will she she be relevant to the plot and how long will or until we see the strong and intelligent Sakura Haruno we all love? She’s already been reduced to damsel in distress so Sasuke can have his “manly, hands off my woman!” moment so I’m not too hopeful for much considering it is essentially a SS fanfic. Yes anyone is welcome to look past old wounds to objectively enjoy it but I can’t. Now yes I get that if there is anyone not even willing to try it they’re better off refraining from commenting altogether but I just want to express my opinions. Don’t let me stop you though, I have nothing against anyone liking it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2022 - 02:08 AM.

#20 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 12:22 AM

Guys actually Sakura was used as damsel in distress to show NS or Naruto so many times both in Anime filler and manga.

The most famous exemple was when  Sasuke was exausted from his fight against Danzou and Kages, was blind and a 100% Sakura who fought against Sasori and 100 pupets have to be saved. If Sakura  didn't want to hurt Sasuke, she could easily simple dodge that Kunai instead of be saved by Naruto like a princess.

Sasuke broke a sound guy arm for hurting Sakura and  was willing to sacrifice himself to save her in Part 1 when he was actually a sane person. So i really don't see a problem with him being "protective" with Sakura in a story focused on both, now they are married.

Because they haven't gotten anything like this since the last despite the fact that they are the end pairing and the couple that made the new main character.

Again, showing how this was the worst option for Naruto to end on because they actually hate each other.

Again, making them bitter and likely making the people in charge of Ikemoto putting a fire under his ass.

Not sure about the housewife part they just hate she is involved in the story at all, and that this story is about having SS moments.

I have Nothing against Hinata, ikemoto or Boruto.
She is a Secondary  Character and Boruto is simply  a desperate attempt to continue Naruto.

Hinata's  toxic fanboys who are daily bullying Sakura and tried to downplay Sakura's status as main heroine make me hate her fandom.

Most of the fanboys hate Sakura, SasuSaku and NaruSaku because both are always  outshining Hinata and NH.
So aside to finally see Sakura in action again, it's nice to see a story showing that Sakura is the true main heroine. Puting Hinata's fanboys in their place.

Edited by Therece, 26 November 2022 - 12:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users