• Please log in to reply
733 replies to this topic

#1 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

For ongoing discussion of post canon episodes.

Figured Id provide a place for everyone to discuss at length and to their hearts content the ongoing anime.

Please enjoy.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

Thanks buddy! :D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:53 AM

This is a good idea.

#4 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

Great idea! We definitely need a place to talk about the spectrum of episodes and whatever is to come next.  :thumb:

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for everything.

#6 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

If i might suggest. One of the mods could sticky this or pin this to the top so general discussion of the anime as was happening in the 480 thread can continue unabated, and if someone decides to do an episode review of episode 490 or the like they can have their own separate thread created where it can be discussed.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

yeah sure

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Good idea Catsi. Pinned thread.

#9 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

So far the anime is trying way too hard to rehash plotlines in the original series. Its starting to feel like a amatuar fanfic.

I really wish this series just completely killed itself for good already. -_-   

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

Yeah if only. SP is doing this kitten to try get back their losses on their own idiocy

#11 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

So the sasuke filler came out and the animation looks "good" so everyone is ignoring the plot holes in the episode and worshipping the sasuke fanservice. The episode also had ss and nh moments

Edited by totherpage95, 01 December 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#12 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

So what BS did they do this week? I ask as I don't want to kill my brain cells with the trash.

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Plot holes? Like what (this time)?

#14 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Plot holes? Like what (this time)?

Like sasuke using his sharingan to read memories and sasuke using fireball jutsu to beat a water style jutsu. Or sai contacting sasuke in the middle of the woods using a ink bird. Or hinata rendering someone paralyzed for a whole day with gentle fist. Or that some random people from a circus knew that sasuke is a uchiha because of his sharingan

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Like sasuke using his sharingan to read memories and sasuke using fireball jutsu to beat a water style jutsu. Or sai contacting sasuke in the middle of the woods using a ink bird. Or hinata rendering someone paralyzed for a whole day with gentle fist. Or that some random people from a circus knew that sasuke is a uchiha because of his sharingan

What's wrong with the last one though?

#16 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

What's wrong with the last one though?

Because they acted as though they had seen the sharingan before and it doesn't seem likely the uchiha clan is so famous everyone knows what the sharingan is. Weren't the leaf village's kekkei genkai secret?

#17 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Because they acted as though they had seen the sharingan before and it doesn't seem likely the uchiha clan is so famous everyone knows what the sharingan is. Weren't the leaf village's kekkei genkai secret?

No? Ninjas outside the leaf knew what the sharingan was. People recognizing Sasuke's sharingan is hardly new

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, the whole ninja idea is sort of warped over the course of the manga. 

Originally, these were super secret skills held only by the clans. Then these clans would be coerced into uniting and fighting for a single village (thus a hidden village, because it's so secretive), which fought against other hidden villages.

But even within the village, the clans were still cagey. Like Shikamaru and his family's deer herd, where no one is allowed to go on the land except certain members of the clan. (From when Shikamaru kills off Hidan. I remember it was brought up then.)

And then individual ninjas were supposed to be secretive about their skills so that no one could ever know how strong they were, etc. (I remember Jiraiya jumping on Naruto about not revealing his strengths/powers, etc.).

But, just because random circus performers DO have an understanding of the ocular jutsu powers of the last ninja of a secretive, cursed clan from a hidden ninja village (and a deep enough understand that they can recognize those eye powers and identify the ninja on site), doesn't mean they SHOULD. 

Now if the random circus workers were ninjas in disguise, then that would be better. Except that now they've just given themselves away by reciting information that could only be obtained from a ninja's bingo book. 

In the beginning of the manga, the ninja acted much more secretive, like they were a world apart from the civilian world. But as the series progressed, it just became completley about the ninjas. The secretive side disappeared, until it was just a given that everyone knew about them.

I mean, why have a hidden village if everyone knows how to get to it, you know??  :lol:

#19 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

not to mention naruto has to rescue the gate security who are also trained ninja and shouldn't need to be rescued

#20 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

so apparently this episode is meant to take place after the events of the last instead of right after kakashi becomes hokage (the story in the anime so far). The interesting thing then is that in the beginning of the episode naruto comes to kakashi's office because of sakura even though he should be married to hinata at this point

Edited by totherpage95, 02 December 2016 - 12:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users