Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

This game looks awesome....and huge!

What I'd personally like to see in the game:

Okay, so we know in NMS you're going to be given the choice of choosing between a few different classes. Fighter, Trader, Explorer, Scientist, and so on...but there should be a much deeper layer of depth built into the game.

It's now known the player can join factions, and help them take out their enemies or help them collece materials they need to build their military might. Both of these actions will improve your relations with said faction, but what if there was more? 

What if there was a literal military system where you went through basic military training, and started off as a mere private or similar ranking in the military, but could make your way up the chain of command until you eventually become the commander of a base, the ruler of a certain planet, or the admeral of an entire Navy force?

What if the developers made it so you could command large capital ships like that gigantic ship that looks almost the same as a Super Star Destroyer in one of the game trailers?

So...say you build up this massive army and fleet, and traverse the universe on a never ending conquest to claim every planet as your own, and build up a mighty and perful Empire or Republic? Depending on the planets you have, and the resources they provide, you could build and maintain this super powerful force that one way or another the NPC's spread news of across the universe from galaxy to galaxy.

Now imagine the news of this super powerful player reaches another player, and they're in possession of a powerful Armada as well. This new player could take his fleet and army to where this other player is, and have his or her fleets go toe to toe in epic space and land battles as they fight for territory. Or maybe they want to ally with each other, share their wealth and concure other players. In my personal opinion, it'd make the game a hell of a lot more fun AND intimidating knowing something like this could happen, and that there could always be a bigger faction out there. 

Now picture yourself as an innocent gamer who trys his or her hardest to keep to him or herself. You're making a decent amount of money from owning a trade rout system, and you're about to make a delivery at the local Space Station...then suddenly...a massive fleet of hundreds of ships arrive, and take over your planet by force. Forcing you to either join them, or flee the system. 

Or what if you pull out of light speed, and find yourself in the middle of a massive space battle, and are forced to choose a side as it's your ownly chance for survival?

Lastly...the ability to design your own ships of any size. Fighters, trasnsports, friggates, destroyers, capital ships...

If the developers made this an actual thing, and I know it's unlikely, but IF this was put into the game...this would easily be the best selling game of all time.

And don't let the designing and battles end in space. What about designing your own guns, turrets, and land vehicles such as tanks and anti-air units?

This is just what I'd like to see in the game, though it'll never happen. 

Thoughts? Yay or Neh on the idea?

Edited by Dalton.T.R, 29 July 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

My body is ready!

Unfortunately my playstation is not...D:

Edited by Azor Ahai, 30 July 2016 - 07:43 PM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

My body is ready!

Unfortunately my playstation is not...D:

I don't know if my PC is either XD

#4 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

Apparently those who made this game were geniuses and deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. Only 5 GB...and the game is fricking huge...Is like minecraft...but with space travel.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 09 August 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#5 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

So, how is it? I'm contemplating in getting it for the PS4. I hear the exploration is great, but I'm wondering if the combat is good too.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#6 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:18 AM

As far as I can tell, everytime I get into a space fight I am destroyed, but that is probably because the ship I have is a piece of crap.

#7 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

So, how is it? I'm contemplating in getting it for the PS4. I hear the exploration is great, but I'm wondering if the combat is good too.

It's a great game imo. It's definitely not for everyone, and the PC version has a few issues, but it's money well spent if you ask me.

#8 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

You know, for being such a huge universe I am having trouble finding zinc.

Edit: Excuse me, not Zinc...Nickel. I heard you can get it the same way as Gold and Copper, but so far I haven't found a single planet with it.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 19 August 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#9 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

You know, for being such a huge universe I am having trouble finding zinc.

Edit: Excuse me, not Zinc...Nickel. I heard you can get it the same way as Gold and Copper, but so far I haven't found a single planet with it.

Nickel is easily found by destroying larger asteroids. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users