Naruto 10th Anniversary Special Fanbook 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Well, something caught my eye while lurking on Mangahelpers and its another Fanbook with some interesting facts and a surprise feature that we Naruto fans will be jumping for joy when it comes out on December 4th (on my birthday, no less)...

Here's a little sneak preview what we'll about to see:
HOLY S***!!! --Click here to view--

The "True" Rokudaime Hokage is in the House, Naruto Uzumaki! biggrin.gif

Source: http://mangahelpers....amp;postcount=1

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

That picture is pretty awesome.

#3 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Nov 3 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, something caught my eye while lurking on Mangahelpers and its another Fanbook with some interesting facts and a surprise feature that we Naruto fans will be jumping for joy when it comes out on December 4th (on my birthday, no less)...

Here's a little sneak preview what we'll about to see:

The "True" Rokudaime Hokage is in the House, Naruto Uzumaki! biggrin.gif

Source: http://mangahelpers....amp;postcount=1

Yeah Naruto doesn't look any older so I think he'll become Hokage soon and will indeed be the true Rokudaime Hokage. Interesting how Naruto's face doesn't look that happy- it's like he's aware of the weight of the role now that he has it, plus the prophecy's responsibility too.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#4 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if it happened soon. Naruto is the only one left in Konoha that's truly Kage level. The other jounin still alive don't hold a candle to him anymore, and he's personally made alliances with two rival villages. It's hard to argue with it...

But if this is an actual spoiler, I don't like it. Naruto is stronger now, but he doesn't really have any leadership experience. Nor does he have the emotional maturity to lead.

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 13 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Naruto doesn't look any older so I think he'll become Hokage soon and will indeed be the true Rokudaime Hokage. Interesting how Naruto's face doesn't look that happy- it's like he's aware of the weight of the role now that he has it, plus the prophecy's responsibility too.

Actually, he is smiling, well, smirking as I call it. The cloak is partially blocking his lips.

And it doesn't matter about the leadership experience. Ever watch the cartoon, Babar?

latest?cb=20140126021943

#6 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 13 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have to disagree on both ends, Naruto looks older by a couple of years atleast, his hair looks longer and more wild, he looks even more like his dad, and he also looks like he has that air of maturity and self-confidence we haven't seen in him before. I also wouldn't say he looks sad, he looks more at ease in my opinion with the look that says 'Don't mess with me or mine, I am the Hokage and will take you down'.

That is a cool drawing, Had to do a double take thought it was the Fourth Hokage first until I saw the Whisker marks.

iAnby7W.gif

#7 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:26 AM

Super duper excited. looks cool. he does look older to me, but with the minimalist style of anime/manga i wouldn't be surprised if it were meant to look the same age and it was just a slight mistake.

but what is a 'fan book'? would that mean that this is a fan drawing of naruto? (not done by kishimoto)

#8 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

O.O

AWESOMEE!!! Aww his dream came true!!

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Nov 15 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but what is a 'fan book'? would that mean that this is a fan drawing of naruto? (not done by kishimoto)

Well, its almost like that. This one is going to have other authors like Oda and Kubo drawing their version of Naruto, another one-shot manga, and Kishimoto is going to talk about his old manga before the series existed.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#10 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:41 AM

Can't wait to see Kubo's version of Naruto XD Reminds me of when the mangaka did their own version of dbz to honor that manga

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

Source: http://mangahelpers....mp;postcount=37

Akira Toriyama - Dr. Slump, Dragonball
Eiichiro Oda - One Piece
Kubo Tite - Bleach
Yoshihiro Togashi - YuYu Hakusho, HxH
Osamu Akimoto - Kochikame
Hirohiko Araki - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Masanori Morita - Rookies, Rokudenashi Blues
Yoshio Sawai - Bobobo
Hideaki Sorachi - Gintama
Ryouhei Tamura - Beelzebub
Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro - Toriko
Kōji Kiriyama - Ninku
Yūsei Matsui - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Katsura Hoshino - D. Gray-man
Hiroyuki Takei - Shaman King
Nobuhiro Watsuki - Rurouni Kenshin
Yusuke Murata, Riichiro Inagaki - Eyeshield 21
Takeshi Konomi - Prince of Tennis
Takeshi Obata - Hikaru no Go, Death Note
Toshiaki Iwashiro - Psyren
Akira Amano - Reborn!
Shinya Suzuki - Mr. Fullswing
Kyosuke Usuta - Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo!! Masaru-san, Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar
Kenta Shinohara - Sket Dance
Yabuki Kentaro - Black Cat, Toloveru
Mizuki Kawakittena - Ichigo 100%
Akatsuki Akira - Medaka Box
Shiibashi Hiroshi - Nurarihyon no Mago

The remaining are Kurando Kengo, Matsumoto Naoya, Daisuke Ashihara, Itakura Yuuichi, Aimoto Shou, Yoshiyuki Nishi. There were also two that I was unable to translate/didn't figure out.

There'll also be a collaboration piece with Kishimoto and Toriyama.

Second part by Vered

A talk between Kishimoto, Togashi(Yu Yu Hakusho,HXH) and his wife (Sailor Moon's author)

O.O

O_O

Akira, Watsuki and other mangaka besides Kubo and Oda... drawing Naruto?! mellow.gif

HOLY S***!!! wow.png I can't WAIT!!! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Wow...

Both the picture and the list of mangakas are epic. biggrin.gif

I hope it won't be just Naruto they'll draw. It would be great to see how they picture Sakura, Sai, Tsunade, Kakashi, Yamato, Gaara, Sasuke et al.

#13 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Eiichiro Oda - One Piece
Kubo Tite - Bleach
Ryouhei Tamura - Beelzebub
Nobuhiro Watsuki - Ruroni Kenshin (and lesser known Buso Renkin)
Yabuki Kentaro - Black Cat, Toloveru
Akatsuki Akira - Medaka Box

Those are the main ones I wanna see.

It's too bad Ikeda Akihisa isn't on the list, I'd like to see some Rosario-style in Naruto tongue.gif

Edited by Paradox Jast, 19 November 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#14 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:04 AM

Wow! It will be really cool to see Naruto (only Naruto? Or other characters and settings too??) drawn in other mangakas style!
meh.

#15 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

THIS IS EPIC!!! biggrin.gif

Bryon

#16 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

Awesome, looking forward to it, I mean, isn't this what the main plot started out to be from the start LOL, now it could be here.

I know alot of people believe that Naruto shouldn't become Hokage yet, but think about it, he is still Naruto and likely will always act like himself, except, ever since he fought Pain, Naruto has been much different, he hasn't shown any signs of immaturity and the more it goes on the more I'm convinced that Naruto has grown up.

I say: Naruto is ready to become the true Hokage of Konoha.

#17 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'm most looking forward to seeing what Naoko Takeuchi has to say in that talk with Kishimoto. I'm hoping that she likes Tsunade and Sakura best of the female characters.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#18 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

at the bottom of the page in that link it says "Bee and Naruto will meet and provide us with countless hilarious moments", is this something random someone wrote or is this really a translation?

#19 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Eiichiro Oda - One Piece
Osamu Akimoto - Kochikame
Hirohiko Araki - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Yoshio Sawai - Bobobo
Nobuhiro Watsuki - Rurouni Kenshin, Busou Renkin
Takeshi Obata - Hikaru no Go, Death Note
Yoshiyuki Nishi - Muhyo & Roji

Looking forward to these ones. I really hope we get scans & translations quickly. smile.gif
It looks like it's limited to just Jump mangaka. At first I was a little surprised that Masashi's own brother wasn't included. XD The only person it's missing is Ryu Fujisaki.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 19 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it won't be just Naruto they'll draw. It would be great to see how they picture Sakura, Sai, Tsunade, Kakashi, Yamato, Gaara, Sasuke et al.

When they did the same thing for One Piece, the various mangakas only drew Luffy. So it will most likely be just Naruto. I would have liked to see them draw others in the cast as well. sad.gif But that collaboration between Kishi and Toriyama is very curious...

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Here is 2 pages of Toriyama/Kishi Collaboration in the Fanbook: --Click here to view--

Edited by Uzumakikage, 29 November 2009 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users