Close
Photo

Will Tsunade die?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Tsunade's death. (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Tsunade die when Pein comes to Konoha?

1. Her time has come -_- (35 votes [47.30%])

Percentage of vote: 47.30%

2. No she'll make it! Believe it! (39 votes [52.70%])

Percentage of vote: 52.70%

Vote

#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Alright so I was wondering since Kishimoto said in his 08' interview that Sakura needs to grow up will that equal Tsunade's death? He's already done it twice with killing Asuma for Shikamaru and Jiraiya for Naruto, so why not continue the trend? In all honesty I wouldn't mind having Tsunade die. She still needs to fight to show her full abilities and with Pein coming to Konoha she would be the best person to defend it by fighting him (unless Kishimoto wants to stick to the traditional female vs. female and have her fight Konan).

The Sannin have all been going down one by one (Jiraiya's dead and Orochimaru is pretty much invalid unless you count Kabumaru) and Tsunade is the last one left. This could fit in the trend with the next generation surpassing the previous one and paving the way for the Neo Sannin Team 7. Also with her death we could have development into Kakashi's focus since he would be the best candidate for Hokage (and IIRC Jiraiya said he was capable of doing so) and Sakura's growth. I know Sakura has already faced death with Chiyo, but she wasn't really someone who she shared a strong bond with unlike Tsunade who trained her for 2.5 years. With her death of defending Konoha we'd finally get to see her real strength and allow for the Kakashi and Sakura focus.

So....does Tsunade kick the bucket or live to see Naruto become Hokage?

#2 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

Okay, if Tsunade can't stand up to Pein, how in the name of Christ can Naruto do anything, even with sage training? Yes, Sakura is close to catching up and surpassing Tsunade, but it's close, it hasn't happened. She's one of the legendary sages, and they're getting beaten like punks. Kishimoto has a load of explainations to do as to why the Great Sages are being beaten like dummies.

I want an explaination for the deaths of Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade, right now. If they can't stand up to an angsty teenager, and someone they've trained, then what's the point of Kakashi, Gai, Yamato, Naruto, and everyone else in Konoha?

Tsunade dying does NOT equal getting stronger, it equals Konoha getting destroyed.

#3 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

I dont really want to see tsunade die, i mean there are other things that could happen to help sakura grow up...

and personaly, i dont really like the idea of kakashi becoming hokage... and i just cant see it...

#4 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

If it serves a spesific reason, I wouldn't mind (although I would be quite sad sad.gif )
BUT, if her death will be for the purpose of making Sakura "grow" up, then I will disagree with the the decision.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

In response to YT:

1.) Orochimaru was ultimately killed by Itachi not Sasuke
2.) The sanin lost to the Rain lord remember? It was explained by Jiraiya and Pein beat him so Pein being stronger than Jiraiya isn't a stretch of the imagination.
3.) It's as Kakashi has said quite a few times "The new generation will always surpass the older one". When Naruto comes back I wouldn't be surprised if they say he is stronger than Jiraiya was.

Tsunade will die protecting Konoha, and Naruto will show up to kick Pein's ass, Kakashi will then be named the next Hokage. That's how I see it anyway.

uc.png

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

I have to go with L on this one. I also think Tsunade will kick the bucket during a fight with Pein or Konan, then Kakashi will take her place as Hokage, and Sakura will have a sad moment of her own (holding Tsunade's body and crying) and start to work harder.

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

Hey True...you spelled 'her' wrong in the poll tongue.gif

#8 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

Well...given that she's like...the 'weakest' amongst all the strong people...yeah, her time has come. Lol. laugh.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#9 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 21 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoops. Thanks for pointing it out ^^

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Aug 21 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...given that she's like...the 'weakest' amongst all the strong people...yeah, her time has come. Lol. laugh.gif

Umm...are we reading/watching the same series? huh.gif

Since when has Tsunande ever been considered 'weak'? She's the Hokage for crying out loud. The highest position in Konoha, and one that can only be held by the strongest person. Jiraiya was always terrified of pissing her off, and unleashing her 'monstrous' strength. She beat the tar out of Orochimaru, during the 3 Sannin showdown. So, I'm not really sure just which 'weak' Tsunande you're referring to mellow.gif

#11 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

the sannin are around equal to me imo.

i don't think she'll die yet. maybe later

#12 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Aug 21 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, if Tsunade can't stand up to Pein, how in the name of Christ can Naruto do anything, even with sage training? Yes, Sakura is close to catching up and surpassing Tsunade, but it's close, it hasn't happened. She's one of the legendary sages, and they're getting beaten like punks. Kishimoto has a load of explainations to do as to why the Great Sages are being beaten like dummies.

I want an explaination for the deaths of Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade, right now. If they can't stand up to an angsty teenager, and someone they've trained, then what's the point of Kakashi, Gai, Yamato, Naruto, and everyone else in Konoha?

Tsunade dying does NOT equal getting stronger, it equals Konoha getting destroyed.

some of the problems i might see happening with all this is that we all know pein is like this god person and jiraiya obviously being the strongest of the sannin cant beat him i can definityly see tsuande dieing for konoha i just really dont see naruto kicking his ass either unless kishi decides that a fluke against pein will be a good ending:/ form another post i see a time skip for this you know?

just maybe konoha is getting destroyed everything all to hell and time skip orrrrrrrr by some stupid chance every nation bands together to kicks pein's ass (seriously doubt it) i dont nessisarly see anyone being pein cause if jiraiya cant do it i dont believe naruto can w/o a fluke or time skip for nessiary training/experience yea know? living life on the run to help not this fluke in every battle but an actual serious fight to the death for naruto and the opponent.

#13 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

I dont want to see her die. But considering Orochimaru and Jiraiya have died, I'm guessing she will too. sad.gif

#14 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 21 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tsunades so awesome she doesn't NEED correct spelling of 'her' in polls tongue.gif

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Aug 21 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the sannin are around equal to me imo.

i don't think she'll die yet. maybe later

'Equal' not 'weaker'.

#16 Xyanide

Xyanide

The Poison in your system

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Graphics Design, Naruto, Bleach, fun stuff :D

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Considering that Pein didn't even seem to break a sweat when he fought Jiraiya, I'd have to say Tsunade is doomed if she fights him alone. But Pein is heading to freaking Konoha, so its likely that Kakashi and others would join the fight.

#17 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 21 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm...are we reading/watching the same series? huh.gif

Since when has Tsunande ever been considered 'weak'? She's the Hokage for crying out loud. The highest position in Konoha, and one that can only be held by the strongest person. Jiraiya was always terrified of pissing her off, and unleashing her 'monstrous' strength. She beat the tar out of Orochimaru, during the 3 Sannin showdown. So, I'm not really sure just which 'weak' Tsunande you're referring to mellow.gif

Uh, the village elders initially wanted Jiraiya for the position, not Tsunade. Jiraiya didn't want the responsibility so he suggested Tsunade instead. I wouldn't say weakest, I hate to say it, but i think Orochimaru was the strongest of them all, I mean he was able to fend of both Tsunade and Jiraiya even with his hands sealed. But then again, Jiraiya couldn't fight at his fullest potential since he was drugged by Tsunade.

#18 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

In terms of power, Jiraiya > Orochimaru = Tsunade. In 382, Minato tells Jiraiya "You're a man of true skill, an example we should all follow. I can't think of a finer shinobi." And Orochimaru got beat by 13 year old Itachi, nuff said.

As for Tsunade, I don't think she'll die. At this point, it would just seem meaningless and would change the series too much. Oh, and I feel I should remind everyone that Tsunade practically can't be killed in battle. And unless Pain does something like Orochimaru's barrier thing, she isn't gonna fight him alone.

....and what would Shizune do with herself if that happened? sad.gif

#19 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:29 AM

Im not sure to be honest, originally i selected yes she will live in the poll, but i cant decide now lol. If i remember correctly, Tsunade's cells or something weakened alot when she used that uber healing technique against orichimaru, so theres a big possibility that she could be weaker now, leading to her death. But yeah, im not sure really.

#20 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:58 AM

Well, I was quite shocked to see Jiraiya of all people die. I mean, in truth, I think he was one of the most resourceful and battle-knowledgeable Sannin out of the three. Orochimaru was more in knowledge of ninjutsu, forbidden arts, etc. Tsunade is a great healer, and she's probably the best in close combat. However, in my opinion, I believe that Jiraiya was the most balanced. He was a master at seals, and he knew how to find weak points of his opponents.

So when the Toad Sannin kicked the bucket, I was quite shocked...well, I saw it coming, but I still found it hard to swallow. Anyway, I think that the passing on of the Sannin will be the push that leads the next generation to take over. Hell, Kakashi may be next in line for Hokage for all we know; Kishimoto is known for pulling the sucker-punch from the dark scene. Maybe it's not just a chance of the kids to grow up, but for the adults to finally take their place and lead.

Either way, I think with Tsunade's death, it would cause a chain of events which would lead to a new era for Konoha.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users