• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#21 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Sojobo @ Apr 1 2013, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see anything special in this cover, just the two of them being sad for Neji's loss.
They eeven don't look at each other...

Really, nothing to worry about.

We really need more of this.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#22 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

The cover is showing their grief for losing Neji. There's no romantic tone. It's very dry. It's just sadness and they'll get trough this. Plus, notice how they're holding hands which is the same way in 615.

Not cause they're holding hands in a mere way means that anything else is dismissed. The feeling that gives to the viewer from the cover is that there's something that they need to get through it for the character in the phoenix shape.

Edited by T XD, 01 April 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#23 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Sojobo @ Apr 1 2013, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see anything special in this cover, just the two of them being sad for Neji's loss.
They eeven don't look at each other...

Really, nothing to worry about.

I might feel a little sad that Kishi never gave NS something that shows or high
light thier bond to the reader.
But after seen this image better I fell the same way you do, Naruto would have
to say that he is starting to feel the same about Hinata because nothing on that
scene scream Romance to me, it might show how close they become, but there is a
huge different between Sakura bond and Hinata bond Sakura seems far more
special.

Edited by Don-kun, 01 April 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#24 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I actually love this cover. It's amazing, and really hammers in the friendship and bond Naruto and Hinata have, and the bond they share with Neji.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#25 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Maybe nothing screems romance on this cover, but i still think it's weird that Kishi put them together in front of the cover.
We can talk about it. It's not taboo.
Why, over everything else, Kishi choose to put THIS moment on the cover ?
Why Naruto and Hinata in front of the cover ?
The problem is not the holding hands...
The problem is this was Hinata that woke up Naruto, and Kishi consider this really important since he put it on the cover.
If i'm trying to read objectively, this look like NaruHina becoming cannon.
Kishi maybe is actually developping their bonding for the future.
He gave too much importance to this, in my opinion.
It's weird.
Since the fight in the snow, he didn't develop NaruSaku anymore.
It's just weird.
That's what bothering me.
It's not surprising that there is no romance here.
Neiji is just dead.
But this event will make Naruto and Hinata bonding.
Kishi gave a precise role to Hinata.
She was able to woke up Naruto.
I will be honest and impartial here, by reading this chapter is seems like Hinata is the right women for Naruto.
And this is why I don't understand Kishi.
Because he once wrote about the heaven and earth tempers... he once wrote about scary wives... he once wrote about Sakura clearly changing her feelings for Naruto... and over all this, he wrote about a rebel Naruto, an unbreakable Naruto, and lately, Naruto became week and breakable. I really don't like it...

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#26 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

People will interpret it according to their sentiment.

NH screams romance

NS scream no romance

Now trying to be as objective as I can be and say that it's a pretty sad cover. Really kinda conveyes a moment of grief for Neji. And there's also the a bit ackwardness

#27 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Apr 1 2013, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, this is the infamous cover. I won't deny that this is borderline canon people. Of all the events, and the focus is on the holding hands ;( Wow, Kishi, what have you done to your masterpiece... No more subtle romance. Instead of focus on the bond Naruto had with Neji, Kishi chose to present the half-baked and poorly developed romance with Hinata. Not happy. If it's the end game, then he didn't do enough development for them.

Frankly, the only good thing is those thought process regarding hand holding came from Hinata instead of Naruto. Ah well, I'll give it a rest wink.gif I hope Kishi won't destroy his own work. People love Naruto for the basic ingredients in story telling it has. A loser who work hard to reach his dream, never gives up and do whatever it takes to keep his loved ones happy.

Now I can only see Naruto as someone who can't keep his promise, talk big and idealistic ('no one will die in the war?') and become mentally weak to accept the fact that one of his comrades die... And worse, turned it as a plot device for a romance subplot to bloom out of nowhere.

I bet any Naruto fans or NS fans who has been following since over a decade ago will be disappointed. I know I am...

It's that the case of judging the book based on it's cape?
I felt a little better because the handholding on the cover had any romantic subtitles neither from Naruto or Hinata, just what 615 represented acknowledgement followed by 616, and also it's not "no one will die on the war" it was "i wont let any of my friends die in the war".
As trying to prove he was superior to Obito but in the end he was just like Obito.

Also the fact that 615 was an asspull and Hinata give that speech without having development to do so which bothers me more than "romantic subplot" and ended up showing how Hinata is a bad character after all.
It's not the cover or better her speech but that Hinata didnt had the development to do that, Itachi had ot die to have this development and Hinata aquired it with only "Hinata you're strong". facepalm.png

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Apr 1 2013, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might feel a little sad that Kishi never gave NS something that shows or high
light thier bond to the reader.
But after seen this image better I fell the same way you do, Naruto would have
to say that he is starting to feel the same about Hinata because nothing on that
scene scream Romance to me, it might show how close they become, but there is a
huge different between Sakura bond and Hinata bond Sakura seems far more
special.

Are you kidding me?
THe amout of covers, artworks and even interviews without even Hinata being mentioned on the romantic subplot of the manga, even Jump Christmas, Naruto thinking on buying a present for Sakura with a heart on her image.
Seriouslee?

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 12:18 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#28 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Apr 1 2013, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same thread ha already been close. Bad idea to make a new one. Just saying

Yeah...but as long as the focus stays on the cover (not fandom bashing from either side) then it's okay to stay open.

Definitely a somber mood. They may be connected, but I would never say it was romantic.

Also, I wouldn't call it holding hands, because that is a mutual action. Naruto is grasping the back of Hinata's hand, clutching her fingers. Hinata is not holding his hand back. Her hand is simply being held.

But yeah, like Naemanash and Lord287, it definitely reaffirms that this is the volume where Kishi ratchets up the shipping tension. This is where the possibility of NH becomes canon. When there really was no solid proof before.

And if it leaves NS-shippers with an unsettling feeling...it's because it's meant to. It's meant to give hope to one set of fans and doubt to another.

Interesting, Naruto hasn't been shown equal with someone else on the cover of a volume before has he? (probably has, now that I've written it.) He usually has others floating around him, either allied with him but not connected, or against adversaries. And often the image isn't actually rooted in the volume, just the characters. But here he is in a scene setting, interacting with Hinata specifically, on an equal footing. I can't remember one like this before.

Also, does Hinata officially have purple hair? I've always thought it was black with some purple highlights. But here I'm assuming Kishimoto either colored this or approved it — and Hinata's hair is downright purple.

All that being said, I'm not crazy about the cover, but I'm not freaked out either. If anything, there should be no doubt that Kishimoto has introduced pairing tension for the last arcs of the story. And this cover represents that intention more than even the content of those chapters. This is the volume where Kishimoto shifted gears and upped the shipping tension. Even with Neji, shown with back turned and in the background, his sacrifice takes a background role to the interpersonal drama of Naruto/Hinata. The cover could have easily been about Neji and Naruto and bonds and sacrifice, but it wasn't.... And that says a lot. It's about the pairing, baby! laugh.gif

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

No kittens i hope.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 12:21 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#30 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

There's a sad atmosphere to it- which is fitting. Hinata isn't smiling like many thought she was in the low res.

Still looks like obvious ship tease, I'm not liking that.

#31 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a sad atmosphere to it- which is fitting. Hinata isn't smiling like many thought she was in the low res.

I felt better it could be worse, it's not a cover to scream "CANON!".
low res = 615 high res = 616.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 12:29 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#32 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I felt better it could be worse, it's not a cover to scream "CANON!".
low res = 615 high res = 616.

What could make it worse in this situation? Them smiling at eachother? lol. That would be terribly insensitive.

I think its obvious ship tease because the placement of Naruto and Hinata, along with their hands overlapping the logo- definitely done on purpose.

#33 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

So Hinata wasn't smiling, then I was wrong
However, I agree with those who say that it sounds more like a sad cover, there isn't evidence that leads to romance here imho, as I haven't seen in 615. It is probably more advertising stuff this cover. For example, one enters in the library and says "Oh, I see a new Naruto volume there! Let's see how is!" So he takes it and sees with surprise the cover "Oh my god! But there is Naruto who's holding hands with Hinata! Awesome!!I'll buy this volume and then I'll finally enjoy it at home! "
When he arrived to his home, if he reads everything with trepidation and the end of the volume he could likely to say is "What the kitten ... I thought they kissed, declared their love or other, however the most that happened is that Neji dies . Kishi kitten you! "

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#34 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What could make it worse in this situation? Them smiling at eachother? lol. That would be terribly insensitive.

I think its obvious ship tease because the placement of Naruto and Hinata, along with their hands overlapping the logo- definitely done on purpose.

They could make her smilling, they could make Hinata blushing, they could make Naruto at least showing intentions of reciprocating and etc.. that would validate a moment as mutual and something to add fire to the romantic subplot.

The handholding was a moment to be emphasized because it was acknowledgment and it's justificable.

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Apr 1 2013, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Hinata wasn't smiling, then I was wrong
However, I agree with those who say that it sounds more like a sad cover, there isn't evidence that leads to romance here imho, as I haven't seen in 615. It is probably more advertising stuff this cover. For example, one enters in the library and says "Oh, I see a new Naruto volume there! Let's see how is!" So he takes it and sees with surprise the cover "Oh my god! But there is Naruto who's holding hands with Hinata! Awesome!!I'll buy this volume and then I'll finally enjoy it at home! "
When he arrived to his home, if he reads everything with trepidation and the end of the volume he could likely to say is "What the kitten ... I thought they kissed, declared their love or other, however the most that happened is that Neji dies . Kishi kitten you! "

What the kitten i want my money back i was trolled!!! rawr.gif

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 12:41 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#35 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They could make her smilling, they could make Hinata blushing, they could make Naruto at least showing intentions of reciprocating and etc.. that would validate a moment as mutual and something to add fire to the romantic subplot.

It wouldn't fit in this scenario though. Neji just died, so for Hinata to smile or blush would just be insulting to her character. =/ I would say that same if Sakura were in her place.

Naruto is holding her hand, so on all accounts the "ship tease" is coming from him in this instance. Hinata looks saddened and her hand is significantly looser; unless you're trying to say its not mutual on *her* side. LOL

Edited by AzureWaters, 01 April 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#36 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It wouldn't fit in this scenario though. Neji just died, so for Hinata to smile or blush would just be insulting to her character. =/ I would say that same if Sakura were in her place.

Naruto is holding her hand, so on all accounts the "ship tease" is coming from him at this point. Hinata looks saddened and her hand is significantly looser; unless you're trying to say its not mutual on *her* side. LOL

"the Naruto's hand is big and strong" didnt fit with the scenario and he still put that line with Neji's body still warm.

|♖|♘|♗|♕|♔|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|_|♙|_|♙|♙|♙|
|_|_|♙|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|♙|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|♟|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|_|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝|♞|♜|

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 12:46 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#37 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Apr 1 2013, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"the Naruto's hand is big and strong" didnt fit with the scenario and he still put that line with Neji's body still warm.

It wasn't too out of place. She was reiterating that Naruto made her feel safe, because they were facing the Juubi and looking a bit isolated in that scene.

Blushing and smiling would be unnatural for what had just happened, and instead of being giddy that Naruto's holding her hand, Hinata's being a bit more mature by focusing on the way it reassures her.

Not sure about your last line.

#38 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

It wasn't too out of place. She was reiterating that Naruto made her feel safe, because they were facing the Juubi and looking a bit isolated in that scene.

Blushing and smiling would be unnatural for what had just happened, and instead of being giddy that Naruto's holding her hand, Hinata's being a bit more mature by focusing on the way it reassures her.

Not sure about your last line.

Well you know while Naruto was thinking about Neji she was thinking about Naruto's big hand.

|♖|♘|♗|♕|♔|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|_|♙|_|♙|♙|♙|
|_|_|♙|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|♙|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|♟|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|♞|_|_|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|_|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝|_|♜|

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 1 2013, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was a shipping tease Hinata would be smiling and blushing. It was no doubt Naruto reinforcing his friendship bond with Hinata NO romance and also Hinata character development. And as I said it's just a f****** cover get over it. One cover or one chapter or a panel doesn't make a pairing canon because Kishi loves to do slow development to a pairing (we already know the pairing). If that was the case then NS would have been canon YEARS ago with how many covers Naruto has appeared with Sakura or how many chapters, panels have they appeared (example the 450 hug that makes the pairing canon, or when Sakura ran to 4 tails Naruto crying that makes the pairing canon etc etc).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yes, the cover looks like a ship tease. But, that in the eyes of pairing fans and that takes everything as simple interaction as romantic. We need to see it as in the whole cover, and not " Naruto and Hinata are holding hands... OMG... We're doomed " with all its atmosphere and the characters reactions to trash !

@ Darkrerst: The chess table is lol laugh.gif

Edited by T XD, 01 April 2013 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users