45 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

The problem of it not being interesting?

No. We need them to solve the father-son issue. Though they seriously need to be interesting at the slightest.

By the way, is the father the epitome of the series? How many of them in here are the fault to everything?

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

No. We need them to solve the father-son issue. Though they seriously need to be interesting at the slightest.

By the way, is the father the epitome of the series? How many of them in here are the fault to everything?

In theory both Salad's and Bolt's daddy issues were solved in both the gaiden and the movie respectively. Granted it more because they found other father figures in each other father. Also the villain are used to solve the daddy issues as well.

Epitome as in they are the core of the story? Well every story so far has focused on parents neglecting their kids, how the kids react to that neglect, and how it is solved. In the gaiden Sasuke has never visited his family in over a decade, cause Salad to think her father doesn't love them which leads to her easily getting doubt that Sakura is even her real mother when she see that photo, and it solved by Salad decided that Naruto is a better father figure and follows in his foot steps instead. The movie Naruto focusing on work which the spoiled brat can't stop whining about, then through Sasuke training him & Naruto sacrificing himself he realizes that he should have been worshiping his father all along, and then he spends more time with his "piccolo" Sasuke. Here the fire lord is busy with work so he give his son lot of money to amuses himself, the boy tries using the money to buy happiness through trading card & eventually deciding he wants to be a ninja, after kidnapping father sees how brave his son is after he nearly lost him so their issues are fixed, apparently.

That's me trying to make these plot sound nice the story are still told very dull & generic way.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 August 2018 - 01:33 PM.

#23 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

In theory both Salad's and Bolt's daddy issues were solved in both the gaiden and the movie respectively. Granted it more because they found other father figures in each other father. Aslo the villain are used to solve the daddy issues as well.

Epitome as in they are the core of the story? Well every story so far has focused on parents neglecting their kids, how the kids react to that neglect, and how it is solved. In the gaiden Sasuke has never visited his family in over a decade, cause Salad to think her father doesn't love them which leads to her easily getting doubt that Sakura is even her real mother when she see that photo, and it solved by Salad decided that Naruto is a better father figure and follows in his foot steps instead. The movie Naruto focusing on work which the spoiled brat can't stop whining about, then through Sasuke training him & Naruto sacrificing himself he realizes that he should have been worshiping his father all along, and then he spends more time with his "piccolo" Sasuke. Here the fire lord is busy with work so he give his son lot of money to amuses himself, the boy tries using the money to buy happiness through trading card & eventually deciding he wants to be a ninja, after kidnapping father sees how brave his son is after he nearly lost him so their issues are fixed, apparently.

That's me trying to make these plot sound nice the story are still told very dull & generic way.

Perhaps the writers have a lot of unresolved daddy issues IRL?

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#24 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

Perhaps the writers have a lot of unresolved daddy issues IRL?

The daddy issue plot comes from kishimoto. Remember he wrote Boruto to teach a lesson to his children.

As for the new guys. When given an idea a creative person will expand upon it, and un-creative person will just go with it. You have one person who no longer cares, and two un-creative people working on this. Kishimoto no longer cares, I imagine he given them some idea off the top of his head when they ask, while those clowns are just copying Naruto and staying with the daddy issue's theme in hope of & for success.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 August 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#25 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Sat down and actually tried to read this chapter. The words boring and uninspired come to mind. They are making this up as they go.

Posted Image

#26 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

I think the cards use wasn't the best idea since it has the existing concept of "trade."

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:56 PM

Sat down and actually tried to read this chapter. The words boring and uninspired come to mind. They are making this up as they go.

Pretty much. They have to because they have already revealed their plot in the opening bit of their first chapter. It either have Akatsuki clones or start Nail's story where he become's Bolt's Sasuke.

I think the cards use wasn't the best idea since it has the existing concept of "trade."

Your thinking of Yugioh cards (gaming) this is more like baseball cards (collectibles). It more idolization then trade. You never collected baseball cards have you? If your father and or grandfather are still alive ask them if they ever collected sports cards if they did then ask them about their favorite one. That should take up about 3-6 hours out of your day right there. The story is actually quite blunt when you think as cards as collectibles with their own value instead of for playing in a game.

Richie Rich has all the "Cards" in the world except the one he really wants. He is then given the "card" he wants by his first friend.

Bolt has a lot of "cards" he doesn't want but not the one "card" he wants. He is then given the "card" by his new rich friend. He doesn't feel the satisfaction form getting the "card" so he decides to return it so he can find his own "card" on his own.

Has this even been translated yet?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2017 - 12:00 AM.

#28 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:13 AM

I don't even think you need to read it if you're not doing the summaries :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 August 2017 - 12:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

Oh it was just translated to day. It's getting even later it used to be on sunday at least, and at the beginning Thursdays like the rest of shounen jump manga.

It's still talking about the anime even given the time it starts and what channel.

Chapter 15: The Supporting Shadow. Is that Sasuke or the new akatsuki name?

Ok they brag about their plan working. They are surprised that he is not down for the count. Molding says he going to enjoy eating their brains. Bolt says stupid lines trying to sound cool. Oh Molding was talking about that seal, thought Bolt was with the organization for a minute, and was scared. Wait why were they going for their B rank mission in the middle of the night? Salad says she couldn't stop worrying about about Bolt..wow she incredibly thin. Cup's snake was how they found them. How did Bolt find Richie again? They have apparently blown off their mission. Richie thinks they're cool. They tell Bolt to buy them western dessert to apologize. Richie says he will pay. Wait they did abandon their mission? How much of a time crunch was that mission? Bolt says he will take all the punishment. Fire Lord comes in worried. Richie says he will become a great man. Should I just start just doing the important bits for the translation summary? When they are at the store Salad says he should have just taken the card. Bolt says she wouldn't understand. Which pisses her off so she buys a pack. Cups mentions his father is Orochimaru. Oh the "Supporting Shadow" is Sasuke. Right they called him the co hokage the supports Naruto from the shadow before right. Well their's Sasuke's nickname folks. 

So onto the interrogation. molding is terrified of Sasuke since he has a reputation in the underworld. He ask about Bolt's seal. The organization is the "Kara" which is Shell or Husk. Going with Husk. ..THIS WAS ANOTHER BLOODY PROLOGUE!!! FIFTEEN CHAPTERS OF PROLOGUE SO FAR!!! A YEAR AND A HALF OF THE MANGA HAS BEEN A BLOODY PROLOGUE!!!

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 August 2018 - 01:38 PM.

#30 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

So I tried to get into the Boruto thing and I...could not make it past the 2nd chapter. At least I tried though right? It's just not...very interesting. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

New title for the manga summary from now on, Boruto: The NeverEnding Prologue.

So I tried to get into the Boruto thing and I...could not make it past the 2nd chapter. At least I tried though right? It's just not...very interesting. 

Well it says something when a story is so bad you can't make it past 1/15 (so far) of its prologue.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2017 - 12:41 AM.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

Pretty much. They have to because they have already revealed their plot in the opening bit of their first chapter. It either have Akatsuki clones or start Nail's story where he become's Bolt's Sasuke.

Your thinking of Yugioh cards (gaming) this is more like baseball cards (collectibles). It more idolization then trade. You never collected baseball cards have you? If your father and or grandfather are still alive ask them if they ever collected sports cards if they did then ask them about their favorite one. That should take up about 3-6 hours out of your day right there. The story is actually quite blunt when you think as cards as collectibles with their own value instead of for playing in a game.

Richie Rich has all the "Cards" in the world except the one he really wants. He is then given the "card" he wants by his first friend.

Bolt has a lot of "cards" he doesn't want but not the one "card" he wants. He is then given the "card" by his new rich friend. He doesn't feel the satisfaction form getting the "card" so he decides to return it so he can find his own "card" on his own.

Has this even been translated yet?

I thought you can trade collectable ones as well. It's like every cartoon I've seen that does this concept. Hell, some repay them with their rare one because of strong moral.

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

The daddy issue plot comes from kishimoto. Remember he wrote Boruto to teach a lesson to his children.

As for the new guys. When given an idea a creative person will expand upon it, and un-creative person will just go with it. You have one person who no longer cares, and two un-creative people working on this. Kishimoto no longer cares, I imagine he given them some idea off the top of his head when they ask, while those clowns are just copying Naruto and staying with the daddy issue's theme in hope of & for success.

I agree with your assessment of creative and uncreative writer.
Do you know fate/stay night?
The spin off fate kaleid liner Ilya prisma is so good. It's a good creative writer expanding a spin off.

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

I thought you can trade collectable ones as well. It's like every cartoon I've seen that does this concept. Hell, some repay them with their rare one because of strong moral.

Trade has very little to do with this story:

(By this point I am probably putting more thought into this then the actual creators.)

Richie Rich has all the "Cards (money/anything he wants)" in the world except the one he really wants (bonds/friendship/his father attention). He is then given the "card (his first real bond and firendship)" he wants by his first friend.

Bolt has a lot of the same "card (to follow his father's path)" he doesn't not have the one "card (Sasuke's path)" he wants. He is then given the "card" by his new rich friend. He doesn't feel the satisfaction form getting the "card" so he decides to return it so he can find his own "card" on his own.

The only time trade is involve is showing that those two have become friends by Bolt giving him one of his Naruto cards for Richie's Sasuke card. Which by the end Bolt gives back so the card becomes a gift. What's important is who are on the cards themselves, and what they mean to each of them: Naruto's card represents: Friendship, bonds, finding inspiration, helping friends, becoming someone people can look up to, and achieving ones goals, while Sasuke's card represents: hardship, coolness, support, mysteriousness, taking the difficult path. They both represent how they boys are going to find their own paths in live Richie through friendship, Bolt through his own way; the hard way. Once again forced to put more though into this then the actual creators.

I agree with your assessment of creative and uncreative writer.
Do you know fate/stay night?
The spin off fate kaleid liner Ilya prisma is so good. It's a good creative writer expanding a spin off.

Never read/watch any of the fate/stay night stuff been too busy.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 August 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#35 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

Well, I know the premise behind it, but yeah, you put a lot of thought to it. It's not hard to follow since they have been saying it out loud, rather than subtle. I just find it odd how characters are on cards, including the mass murderers. It's not even fictional (within the world). It's odd and forceful to get some plot thread going.

#36 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

You should try Alternative The Last. Granted is not canon, but the doujin might be slightly better the DB-GT anime.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#37 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

I tried that myself and there is literally nothing interesting about this series. No interesting team dynamics,  no interesting characters (apart from Sarada a couple of times) and no interesting plot lines to look forward to in the future. This Kara group is basically a poor man's Akatsuki. There's just no passion or inspiration in this manga. It feels like it's written by a bunch of otakus just there for a paycheck. And I predict Kara won't be the last of the rehashed concepts from the original. No wonder Kishimoto is just sitting on the royalty checks these days.

Posted Image

#38 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Well, I know the premise behind it, but yeah, you put a lot of thought to it. It's not hard to follow since they have been saying it out loud, rather than subtle. I just find it odd how characters are on cards, including the mass murderers. It's not even fictional (within the world). It's odd and forceful to get some plot thread going.

I did not put much thought into that this stuff is blatant and un-creative. Granted I probably thought more about it and put more meaning into the story and those cards then the creators did. But trade have very little to do other then start their friendship.

They didn't bring it up 5 chapters ago when the movie did. So they need to do it now. Since the first volume also included Cups one shot blatantly saying he Orochimaru's son/experiment and he exist to worship Bolt. Remember all that matter in the end is Hinata got Naruto; so who cares about anything else. Also the chapter did basically say Orochimaru still and more importantly frequently switches bodies.

I tried that myself and there is literally nothing interesting about this series. No interesting team dynamics,  no interesting characters (apart from Sarada a couple of times) and no interesting plot lines to look forward to in the future. This Kara group is basically a poor man's Akatsuki. There's just no passion or inspiration in this manga. It feels like it's written by a bunch of otakus just there for a paycheck. And I predict Kara won't be the last of the rehashed concepts from the original. No wonder Kishimoto is just sitting on the royalty checks these days.

What the ten chapters of rehashing a movie that was nearly a year old before they even started adapting it, nor the 5 chapter long story that any other manga or anime would have told in one week because of how standard and basic it is? Or it is the fact that after a year and a half they are still in the prologue.

...Oh my. Wow. They really haven't interacted that much to have any team dynamic other then Bolt is a jack ass, Cups worship him, and Salad is a Tsudere (switch between being annoyed with him, to sexually aroused by him) despite all this time. Salad's ability to be an interesting character comes more from the gaiden and the movie then the manga so far. At the moment like I said before she just the anti-Sakura -everything fans used to complain about Sakura she is not-.

Interesting plot lines? We already know the ending. Rehashing Naruto and Sasuke with Bolt and Nail. Next arc rehasing the akatsuki.

The creators are otaku...Most likely. Their mangaka image/symbol/shorthand is creepy compared to all the other shounen jump makanga which are cute, and one of the few author notes I read of their was one of them talking about a new game. Also the artist may have been the guy that pissed off the japanese fan on twitter after the ending, or one of the assistance that was a really big hinata supporter. Also he wanted to do his own version of Naruto instead of the sequel. The other guy is just someone from the light novel division.

As for rehash concept from Naruto: Konohamaru & Inari/Richie Rich, Akatsuki/Kara, Salad/Sakura, Cups/Sai, Nail/Sasuke, Tattoo/Kurama & Curse Seal, Molding Cannibal/Gato, Sasuke/Piccolo/Kakashi, Konohamaru/Iruka, and so on. The brain eating is the closet thing they have had to an original idea so far, and I'm pretty sure i have seen that in at least 6 other anime.

He wanted to leave so he could do his sci fi manga. They won't let him. So he just stick around and probably gives them some ideas every once and a while.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 August 2017 - 04:49 AM.

#39 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

He wanted to leave so he could do his sci fi manga. They won't let him. So he just stick around and probably gives them some ideas every once and a while.

Never make a deal with the devil, the devil always wins in the end.

Kishi really should have stuck by his guns. He needed popularity to get what he wanted, but Nardo's popularity is in the tubes now.

I don't really hate Kishi, I think he is great at world building. but if you sell out your fanbase, eventually you'll find that your fanbase has gone broke.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#40 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

So guys Evil100 and I were talking as Evil100 does still have his old Naruto Manga vols and we not sure what we should do with them does anyone know what should be done with them.

He already has better manga now like the manga for Corpse Part and Gundam Seed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users