Rate The Last Game You Played/Finished

• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#21 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

well...... I'm just 4 levels in on path of the warrior. I'm playin through on acolyte for the time being to just get the hang of the combos,etc and to unlock New game + for acolyte so my Non Ninja gaiden playin buddies can play with overpowered weaps fron the start tongue.gif (yea..... they suck at ninja gaiden so they wanted me to get new game + for em). and yea. acolyte is definately for N00bs. i think i died like once in between chapters 9-13. and around maybe 2-3 times the rest of the game. Dunno bout you but i usually move the camera myself. all i did was turn up the camera sensitivity to max in settings and i aint had any trouble after that usin the right analogue.

btw dude. i wasnt talkin about Ninja Gaiden Black when i said the first game. NG1's camera is definately a lot worse since you cant even manually adjust it at all. All you can do is center the camera. and the camera shifts just about as much if not more than NG2. i played that game recently on my xbox1 like a week ago.(My Ninja Gaiden Black dvd is waaay too scratched for my 360 to read)

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

The Incredible Hulk (XBox 360)-4/10
An incredible piece of dog crap, that's all I have to say.

uc.png

#23 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Fifa 2003- Haven't played it in a LONG while. So I still can't beat Feynoord with Custom AC Milan. Grafics were good when released, but compared to the PS3 Fifa08... Nothingness. Music and commentary is really good though 7.5/10

SWAT:3 - Away from those mindless FPS's there are tactical FPS's. And SWAT 3 is one of them. The grafics are old so is the sound but the gameplay is great. 7/10

Empire Earth II - Older Generation RPS's is still better than Empire Earth III. But still not Starcraft class... 8/10
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:44 AM

Time for my PSP reviews:

Power Stone Collection - 9/10

I loved playing Power Stone back it was released on the Dreamcast, first on demo format then having the chance of playing the full version thanks to a certain person. And finally got the chance to not only replay it but to get to play its sequel, which I haven't play.

Though after playing 2, I found out it was too Smash Brothers-ish. It didn't have the originality and arcade fighter feel like the prequel had.

In Power Stone 2:

Pros:

More characters
Ability to customize characters and items

Cons:

Selecting the stage after defeating the opponent, bosses have the Smash Brothers-feel -which I don't like-, one button attack (along with throw, jump and item attack), characters from the prequel lost some moves and fusion attacks but gain more quotes, and the stages are also Smash Bros.-ish (have to run to get to the certain point to continue the fight.) Plus only one ending.

Now Power Stone 1:

Pros:

- Though have the Smash Bros. feel, its more of a arcade fighter
- Have more attack buttons (basic punch, kick and throw buttons like any other fighter game)
- Combo combinations, evading, wall escape, throw escape, hell, you can even use a pole to attack and take it off its henges (for certain characters and transformations)
- box like stages (many with detail and texture, plus the stages are more like Street Fighter - different countries)
- Characters when transform after getting the three gems does a small pose, which the camera goes upclose to the character before the fight continues (which 2 didn't, you just transform and then attack)
- have multiple endings

Cons:

Just only ten characters playable (well I don't mind that, but it has originality to it)

The only gripe I have is that the PSP version of the prequel added the new characters from 2. They don't actually fit in the game (having the sequel attack patterns and feel which makes me never choose them to play and just stick with original characters like Rouge and Wangtang).

Sonic Rivals 2 - 8/10
(sooo sorry for a long review for previous game I mentioned, I had to put out my concern about it because I play it alot. happy.gif This one will be short.)

Better than the prequel. Added Tails, Rouge and Espio as playable characters. More gameplay are added, such as Ring Battle and Knock Out. And their voice-overs did a great job, which is a shocker, making the game enjoyable. Plus more unlockables.

The only thing I dislike that the characters whom are paired up each other in Story mode, get the same storyboard lines and gameplay is repetative. And Sega should've added 2 more characters (Amy should be the obivious choice to be in here since she was in the plot in 1 and can actually fit to be playable - has a spin dash, can use heart attacks for her Signature move, runs fast as well). Oh well, that's for 3 if they are making it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

POWER STONE! That brings back sweet memories, Derock. biggrin.gif

Now my regret at selling my old Dreamcast a couple of years ago grows even more. sad.gif

If only Nintendo could include the Dreamcast on the VC.

#26 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 14 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
POWER STONE! That brings back sweet memories, Derock. biggrin.gif

Now my regret at selling my old Dreamcast a couple of years ago grows even more. sad.gif

If only Nintendo could include the Dreamcast on the VC.

Look how I feel... my Dreamcast controllers DIED on me! shamefulcry0js.gif And I regret of buying 2 more just in case back then...

Oh well... there's always emulators. mwahaha.gif

EDIT:

Played another game, guess what it is?

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - 10/10!

The inner fanboy of SF back around 2006 scream with glee when I first heard the annoucement a_spaz.gif Talk about ARCADE PERFECTION of the Alpha series in the palm of my hands! Not only the Alpha series, but also Super Gem Fighter (aka Pocket Fighter) included and plus with the addition of the new Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, using the same engine Capcom produced with the original Street Fighter II for the Anniversary Collection. Out of all of the SF collections, this IS the best one ever! Perfect Arcade ports, tons of secrets, lots of characters and strategies to master... this one takes the cake! Though fans complain about no World Tour mode, but who cares about that? That's for the complete console version!

The only thing I was disappointed is that while Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold have the remix music, Street Fighter Alpha 1 doesn't have the option to use the remix music. >_> Capcom, you brought the remix for SFA2, why can't you bring back the remix for SFA?! Although its in the huge Sound Test, I want to listen to it again in this version instead of my old PS1 version.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#27 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Brothers In Arms: Road To Hill 30- 8/10

I like the strategy in this game and the fact that it's not just running around shooting at stuff. I think that having to order your men and make the decisions as a leader should for the benefit of your victory is important. I've always liked this game and I think it's excellent if your in the mood for a good old war scenario cool.gif.

Edited by psycho666, 14 June 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#28 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

Lol, took up FFVIII again. 8/10. tongue.gif

I really like the ending. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#29 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:51 AM

Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)-9/10
A great remake of one of the best action games of all time.

uc.png

#30 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Hearts of Iron (In Poland Europa Uniwersialis : Druga Wojna Światowa)-8/10. One of the best strategy games. A real technology tree, not as complicated as the Sequels. Everything is pretty much random there. (Ever though that Finland would be conquered in 1945 by England and USA?). Yet there are alot of actual events (Ribbentrop-Molotov, Winter War with Finland, Nankin Massacare etc.).

And you can shape the world according to your own desires. Imagine Poland, a great empire raging from the Rhine to the Urals and further. Or Soviet Russia Slowly invading Mexico and South America. And the extreme Canada becoming the only country in the Americas after conquests and in 1944 invading the Nazi-Soviet ruled europe.

In this game everything was possible wink.gif yet it still sticks to some actual events. And that's why I love this RTS.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#31 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

Call of duty 4 8/10

It's amazing that they moved the series 75+ years to the future and yet, it still feel like it's world war II all over again...

Multiplayer is nice though.

Edited by Dormin, 18 June 2008 - 11:33 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#32 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:18 AM

FMA - Bluebird's Illusion (7/10)

Yeah, I finally downloaded the game. >3> I did enjoy most of it, but there was a good lack of real fighting sequences... Plus, I'm currently on the final battle with King Bradley and it's a total pain.

#33 Sexta

Sexta

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:pervy stuff

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

Ninja Gaiden II - 7.5/10
It's so fun. Lots and lots of killing and body parts are just everywhere and don't disappear off the screen! Unfortunately, the camera sucks and there is some slowdown when there are too many enemies.

On my first playthrough, the game just stopped for like 2-3 seconds during battle in Chapter 2. WTF? It happened like 7 times in that chapter. I only suffered this once and it didn't happen again on my second playthrough.

There is also a game ending glitch that people have suffered. :/ Team Ninja should've polished up the game more.

#34 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

Fable: 7.0/10 it was an ok game it had a fun story plot and good combat but entirly it was just a little boring towards choices and what different things you could do. for example killing badits gave you halo points which made no sense if they constantly attacked you:/ it was like star wars jedi knight jedi academy game. no real choices until the very end which was either light side or darkside

#35 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

Guitar Hero: On Tour (Nintendo DS)-9/10
Now this is how you make a rythem game for portable systems.

uc.png

#36 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Lost Planet-Xbox 360

That game is just pure fun.

#37 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

World of warcraft 8.5/10

It ruins your life, end of line.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#38 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:49 AM

Boogie Bunnies - 8/10

Funny little LIVE Arcade game

latest?cb=20140126021943

#39 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:46 AM

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)-10/10
Personally my favorite game in the franchise.

uc.png

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution - 9/10

Update of original VF4 with Goh and Brad as new characters and other characters (Akira, Pai, and Kage) has updated moves and attack properties. AI system is hard in Quest Mode though.

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users