Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 21 2013, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, my words are taken so literal. Jesus. Say one opinion and people jump down your throat.

Should I say "unnecessary hardware" then? One problem the consoles are having is that they have all these unnecessary Hardware that eats up space. I don't need my system to have all these do-dads I am not really gonna use. I don't need my PS4 or Xboxnext to turn on the lights in my house or connect it to my fridge. Sure I am giving a hyperbole, but you get my drift.
Your hyperbole is a poor example, so no, I don't really catch your drift. Just because there are features you don't use doesn't mean there aren't others who appreciate them.

Motion sensors? Why do we need this? A regular controller is just fine. I never understood the concept of the Playstation move and Xbox kinect. Blu-ray or red-ray? Well, I don't care as long as the games are good.
Perhaps because adding these things to controllers can bring new ways to play, even if they are minor? And if you don't understand the concept of PS Move and the Kinect then I guess that's something you can't help. I'm not even going to talk about Blu-ray.

Then we have features that I don't really care about. Connect it to twitter? Why? I don't need to surf the net on my console. All I need it to do is maybe two things. Play games and watch movies on netflix. Everything else I have never used. Not once. Even the avatars are boring me. Buy all these clothes for an imaginary person? Again why? Can't we focus on making good games?
Again, minor features that some appreciate and again, other people want them.

Take example. My NES and SNES. Compared to PS3 and PS4, it is a relic, yet I can think of tons of games for it that far surpass the PS3 games by a mile. When you're too busy focusing on the hardware and features and not enough on games themselves it tends to go down the tubes.
Your opinion, because I can of only a total of maybe 8 SNES games that are extremely good. While I can think of dozens of PS3 games that I'd rather have.

I don't even have to look far for this. Look at the PS2. It didn't have all the stuff the PS3 had, yet it's games were not only ten times better, but there were a lot more of them to choose from and of such wide variety. The PS2 has been far more successful, not because of blu-ray or some stupid gimmick, but because the games themselves were awesome and some were even great ideas that just spanned the imagination.
I agree.

Hardware is great, but if you have no games, what's the point? I rather have outdated hardware with awesome games then have the most updated hardware with no games. I can only think of 3 games I wanted to play on the PS3. The rest either were on my xbox or not worth playing at all.
Has it ever occurred to you that you're just not interested in the games that Sony makes for the most part now? It's not their fault that they don't specifically tailor games to satisfy you.

Sony need some real game developers for once that will only make for the PS4

Bolded: From what I have heard from my developer friends, that's not true either. Some have even said that the PS3 got so complicated that it got hard to program games for it. So, less limitations? Not from what I have heard. I even hear that is why some developers went to the xbox simply because it was easier to program for.

Here is an even bigger problem. I have been gaming a long time. A very long time. I have every single system from the NES to the PS2. I never bought a PS3. Why? Because I had no reason to. Dropping that much money on a system to play nothing? And again, all the games I wanted to play ended up being on the Xbox anyway along with most of my friends. So...what else? People pestered me because of blu-ray....so what?

The games have always been the biggest selling point of any console. Recently, it has been online play too.

And if the history of gaming shows, hardware alone didn't make a system great. Look at the Jaguar. That system sucked yet was said to have the latest hardware. Look at tons of other systems that at the time had updated hardware yet failed miserably because it was over-hyped and the games sucked. Virtual Boy.

I don't care about the system itself anymore. If anything PC tops it all, so hardware alone I should just buy a PC. So what else can the console give me besides "hardware" gimmicks? Let's see if they can do better with the PS4 then they did with the PS3 and all the hype it had or is it just going to be another repeat?

No matter what, it comes down to the games. I don't care about graphics that much nor about the power of the console. Let me see the games, then I will make a choice.
And what I gathered from this is basically "I can get most of the same games on Xbox and my friends play Xbox so why purchase a PS3?" Again, it seems like most of Sony's first party titles aren't appealing to you anymore, so why do you try to down-talk Sony's newest console by going "I don't care about the hardware, I want to see the games because a lot of these new features are pointless." The point of Sony releasing all of this info about the new console is to try to give us an understanding of what's capable of the system and what's to come down the road for PlayStation.
'

#22 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

LOL Before concrete PS4 specs were released, all the xbox fanboys ran with the rumor that Xbox720 will be 10x more powerful than the PS4. Boy, were they wrong LOL.

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 21 2013, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL Before concrete PS4 specs were released, all the xbox fanboys ran with the rumor that Xbox720 will be 10x more powerful than the PS4. Boy, were they wrong LOL.

At this point, it will be like PS2 vs. Xbox, same everything, just one very slightly stronger. PS3 vs. Xbox 360 have differences: ram power and processor. It's all about the offer inside the machine, hence why I preferred 360. As of now, PS4 looks promising. I know games will deliver, but I hope the online is really good. Say all you want about live costing money, but their features are great. Party chat, enough said.

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Some trailers and gameplay demonstrations:

Watchdogs

*dies*

Killzone Shadow Fall

*dies again*

Infamous second son

Deep down

This puts Skyrim into shame

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 21 2013, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this point, it will be like PS2 vs. Xbox, same everything, just one very slightly stronger. PS3 vs. Xbox 360 have differences: ram power and processor. It's all about the offer inside the machine, hence why I preferred 360. As of now, PS4 looks promising. I know games will deliver, but I hope the online is really good. Say all you want about live costing money, but their features are great. Party chat, enough said.

I get free games each month with PlaystionPlus, so this $50 thing just to be able to play online is even more ridiculous to me now more than ever. Enough said?

#26 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 21 2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get free games each month with PlaystionPlus, so this $50 thing just to be able to play online is even more ridiculous to me now more than ever. Enough said?

True. Meh, couldn't care. Maybe because I got it easy. My grip for PS3 is that it feels lonely. It's really hard to explain but the community in Xbox just feels alive because of its features. Again, hard to say, but my best friend said it best. Don't get me wrong, I do like all consoles. It's just matter of preferences.

#27 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 21 2013, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. Meh, couldn't care. Maybe because I got it easy. My grip for PS3 is that it feels lonely. It's really hard to explain but the community in Xbox just feels alive because of its features. Again, hard to say, but my best friend said it best. Don't get me wrong, I do like all consoles. It's just matter of preferences.

Sure thing, no point in a console war...not right now anyway. When they're both out on the market, I'll be here waiting here...to wage war. a_plotting.gif a_thumbs.gif

#28 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 21 2013, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure thing, no point in a console war...not right now anyway. When they're both out on the market, I'll be here waiting here...to wage war. a_plotting.gif a_thumbs.gif

Lol. In other news, Wii U is losing pretty early. Shame and sad. I do know its problems but it better get fixed soon because we got two new consoles soon and their games (Xbox unconfirmed games) are looking good. I wonder how sales will be for next gen. PS2 was the winner, 360 soon to be declared winner, and now, I wonder who will reign. Note: I am talking about USA; I'm full aware of worldwide sales.

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just hope that SONY learned their lesson because PS3 give a lot of problems to SONY when it was launched two years of losses and was a console who made success late.
Im' hoping that at least Nintendo WIIU be a failure and they realize that they cant make a console with a trash hardware and shows it like a next gen console.
Both PS4 and XBOX 720 will offer more entertainment and playability than the WIIU but XBOX720 and PS4 will have a way better processing and those consoles will take long to be outdated, Farcry 3 already reached the limit of the consoles since the PC version showed that it's graphical quality was higher than the console version and the FPS rate.

Things until now appoint for me to buy the PS4 on the launch since so many developers are alos planning to release games on the launch date or quickly after since CyberConnect 2 is also there made my decision to not buy the storm 3 and wait for the next Naruto game that will certainly have a new engine and new mechanics.

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 21 2013, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. In other news, Wii U is losing pretty early. Shame and sad. I do know its problems but it better get fixed soon because we got two new consoles soon and their games (Xbox unconfirmed games) are looking good. I wonder how sales will be for next gen. PS2 was the winner, 360 soon to be declared winner, and now, I wonder who will reign. Note: I am talking about USA; I'm full aware of worldwide sales.

Yes it is losing but Nintendo only care about their home market which is Japan but since PS4 is having so many Japanese developers and with this new system is it's kinda obvious.
The problem with WIIU is that PS4 and XBOX720 are releasing their systems to the next generation it will take long to get outdated and WIIU is already outdated since the released date i know that their focus is the entertainment but PS4 system is way up ahead than the WIIU.

For me there were any innovations on both PS4 and WIIU.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 February 2013 - 03:44 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#30 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 21 2013, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Console war stupidity. Unless companies jump into the Delorean and bring back exponentially better hardware with them, no one's console is going to be that far ahead. Be interesting to see the RAM nextbox has, PS4 is built like a high end PC.

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 21 2013, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kids don't remember the real console wars. I remember my first one. We'd grab our favorite console and have at it. I was about five years old, I grabbed my NES and threw it at the opposition. Then I switched sides the next time, I was hitting people left and right with my Sega Genesis.

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Feb 21 2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They really should have just made an HD Wii, and marketed it that way. Their promotion was phenomenal last time, it was everywhere, on Oprah, on the news because senior citizens were having a blast with it. They have the first parties to get them out of the hole. They probably won't have the domination they enjoyed with the Wii, but they can turn losses into profits.

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Feb 21 2013, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope that SONY learned their lesson because PS3 give a lot of problems to SONY when it was launched two years of losses and was a console who made success late.
Im' hoping that at least Nintendo WIIU be a failure and they realize that they cant make a console with a trash hardware and shows it like a next gen console.
Both PS4 and XBOX 720 will offer more entertainment and playability than the WIIU but XBOX720 and PS4 will have a way better processing and those consoles will take long to be outdated, Farcry 3 already reached the limit of the consoles since the PC version showed that it's graphical quality was higher than the console version and the FPS rate.

Things until now appoint for me to buy the PS4 on the launch since so many developers are alos planning to release games on the launch date or quickly after since CyberConnect 2 is also there made my decision to not buy the storm 3 and wait for the next Naruto game that will certainly have a new engine and new mechanics.

If you enjoy Mario and Zelda, and everyone practically does, I don't know why you would hope that Nintendo would fail. I'm sure they are looking into the next gen Naruto, but it won't be coming out in the next year at the least. And the new storm game doesn't look too bad, this coming from somebody who has grown sick of Ninja Storm's formula.
\

#31 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 20 2013, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No nextbox for me this year. Only have money to support one company. The rest of the money I'm saving for a trip.

And, no. There will be no more Crash Bandicoot. Someone else owns the IP now and frankly, it died with the Playstation.

I wont buy nextbox either but at least the 3rd party multiplatform ports should look as good as the original console it was developed on now.

Well snap! There goes my Crash Bandicoot HD remake down the drain. One last goodbye

#32 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Activision has crash in their evil clutches. I thought Knack looked a little like Crash. And when Activision was saying they were letting playstation users play something they hadn't been able to in a while and teaming up with another dev (they meant a Bungie game) I freaked out a little, thought they were going to say it was Naughty Dog and they were making a new Crash. oh well, R.I.P. Crash, you'll make an excellent Skylander someday sleep.gif
\

#33 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

I am willing to bet that the PS4 controller will revert back to how all previous playstation controllers will look by launch...

Definitely won't be getting this at launch...unless Gran Turismo is one of the launch titles. DX

#34 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 21 2013, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some trailers and gameplay demonstations: --Click here to view--
Some trailers and gameplay demonstrations:

Watchdogs

*dies*

Killzone Shadow Fall

*dies again*

Infamous second son

Deep down

This puts Skyrim into shame

The only ones the really amazed me was Deep Down and Watchdogs. Although, Killzone Shadow Fall certainly puts the Killzone 3 CG trailer, the one that came out before the actual game was even developed, to shame. And Infamous Second Son looks rough around the edges, though, that maybe just me because Lava-Earth-ish power just ain't as flashy as Cole McGrath's Lightning powers.

Watchdogs really does look like next-gen, probably because it's the only game out of Sony's event that has more development time than the rest of these trailers. Deep Down reminds me of Dark Souls a lot, LOL.

Edited by Killer Bee's Album, 22 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#35 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Confirmed Social features of the PS4 so far in the Playstation Meeting Conference:
  • Broadcast gameplay live (your friends can comment live),
  • Your friend can assume control to help you get pass a level for example,
  • Patnered with UStream for broadcast schedules and such,
  • Remote play (Play PS3 games remotely with PSVita), which is WiiU's selling point LOL,
  • Share Button on the controller - record gameplay and uplaod instantaneously (Feature demo-ed with KillZone Shadow Fall game).

There are a slew of other social features that is yet to be told, such as the PSN id carry over, and how the Operating System will facilitate the social feature. I guess that's what E3 is for. wink.gif

#36 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Killer Bee's Album @ Feb 22 2013, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Confirmed Social features of the PS4 so far in the Playstation Meeting Conference:
  • Broadcast gameplay live (your friends can comment live),
  • Your friend can assume control to help you get pass a level for example,
  • Patnered with UStream for broadcast schedules and such,
  • Remote play (Play PS3 games remotely with PSVita), which is WiiU's selling point LOL,
  • Share Button on the controller - record gameplay and uplaod instantaneously (Feature demo-ed with KillZone Shadow Fall game).

There are a slew of other social features that is yet to be told, such as the PSN id carry over, and how the Operating System will facilitate the social feature. I guess that's what E3 is for. wink.gif

Sounds awesome smile.gif

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

Oh goody, I hope though at least they allow to play the games of PS3 to PS4...otherwise I may just wait until time goes by.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Feb 22 2013, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh goody, I hope though at least they allow to play the games of PS3 to PS4...otherwise I may just wait until time goes by.

via Gaikai Streaming service.

#39 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 20 2013, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hardware smarware. What are the game gonna be like? That's my questions.

It's great that we have all this hardware tech, but if the games suck what's the point?

Also, Ex-nay on the backward capability. I have seen game modders that can make a system that can play all games on it, you mean to tell me the big wigs can't make a system that does the same thing or at least play their own line of games? They say it is hardware and programming issues, but come on. I just think it is lazy.

Thank You. You just summed up my stand on gaming consoles James. 111191.gif

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Feb 21 2013, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your hyperbole is a poor example, so no, I don't really catch your drift. Just because there are features you don't use doesn't mean there aren't others who appreciate them.

Perhaps because adding these things to controllers can bring new ways to play, even if they are minor? And if you don't understand the concept of PS Move and the Kinect then I guess that's something you can't help. I'm not even going to talk about Blu-ray.

Again, minor features that some appreciate and again, other people want them.

Your opinion, because I can of only a total of maybe 8 SNES games that are extremely good. While I can think of dozens of PS3 games that I'd rather have. If the games for it are not good then he feels that buying a PS4 is not really worth the money.

I agree.

Has it ever occurred to you that you're just not interested in the games that Sony makes for the most part now? It's not their fault that they don't specifically tailor games to satisfy you.

And what I gathered from this is basically "I can get most of the same games on Xbox and my friends play Xbox so why purchase a PS3?" Again, it seems like most of Sony's first party titles aren't appealing to you anymore, so why do you try to down-talk Sony's newest console by going "I don't care about the hardware, I want to see the games because a lot of these new features are pointless." The point of Sony releasing all of this info about the new console is to try to give us an understanding of what's capable of the system and what's to come down the road for PlayStation.
'

From what I read you don not understand what he is saying. mellow.gif What he is saying that all this so called upgraded hardware is not appealing to him if the game play on the games is not special or more innovative than before. If you you don't have good games for it but all this fancy media hard ware for this console , it is not a console. you can get a DVD player or a a radio/ music player cheaper than a Play Station if you honestly want to watch DVDs or listen to music, or something else that has nothing to do with gaming. If you appreciate those things, that's your opinion and I hold nothing against you for it, only questioning why should getting a PS4 should matter to you just for being a media device if you already have a DVD player or MP3 or what have you that works perfectly fine at home.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#40 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't understand the game issue here, we have Watch Dogs, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, and Diablo III (for both PS3 and PS4, even), it's an impressive line up.

Plus, they JUST announced the system, of course the line up of games will be small so far. E3's bound to shed more light to the PS4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users