136 replies to this topic

#121 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, and thank god. Finally. They had the sense to add a Practice mode. laugh.gif

but not to fix the OP characters. happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#122 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but not to fix the OP characters. happy.gif

Yeah...or to make the Ougis actually great again, like they were in Storm 1. It sickens me how they shortened those Ougis so lazily and sloppily.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#123 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...or to make the Ougis actually great again, like they were in Storm 1. It sickens me how they shortened those Ougis so lazily and sloppily.

justu clashes need to be put back in.. now... now.. NNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWW!@!@!@!!!2121@!132432523414235 happy.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#124 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
justu clashes need to be put back in.. now... now.. NNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWW!@!@!@!!!2121@!132432523414235 happy.gif

Jutsu clashes, more health, better Ougis, nerfed Susano'os, free-roam story mode...

AboojTi.gif

#125 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jutsu clashes, more health, better Ougis, nerfed Susano'os, free-roam story mode...

Susano'os are pretty easy to fight actually, you just need to know how to take them out.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#126 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Susano\'os are pretty easy to fight actually, you just need to know how to take them out.

Oh, alright. Well, nerf the characters that need nerfing then, I suppose. Nerf Sasuke's black flame attack because it can do this:

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 07 April 2012 - 04:14 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#127 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are 2 things I don't like about awakenings:

One you have things like nine-tails, which are clearly OP, because when you look at some other character's awakening, such as Kakashi's, Obito's, Orochimaru's, etc... you just get a damage boost and a little twist in your justu attack, but it's no biggie compared to susano, or 8 tails, or 9 tails, or Masked Man awakened.. non of them. I even have a problem with Minato, and all those other teleporting bastards. It's not right.

The second thing is that with the new awesome substitute bar thing, the OP awakens get rid of all your substitutes in just a few seconds, and if your below half in substitutes, then you stand no chance whatsoever. I once had 20% health with Itachi, and my opponent had 90%, then I go awakening into susanoo, and I just creamed him completely, and I felt sorry for him, with no substitutes left after 4 charge attacks in 3 seconds.. he was done.. nothing, my 2000000 foot sword just swiped away any support character he used.. it was just wrong. This is a fighting game, not a "who can get awakening first" game.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 07 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#128 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One you have things like nine-tails, which are clearly OP, because when you look at some other character's awakening, such as Kakashi's, Obito's, Orochimaru's, etc... you just get a damage boost and a little twist in your justu attack, but it's no biggie compared to susano, or 8 tails, or 9 tails, or Masked Man awakened.. non of them. I even have a problem with Minato, and all those other teleporting bastards. It's not right.

The second thing is that with the new awesome substitute bar thing, the OP awakens get rid of all your substitutes in just a few seconds, and if your below half in substitutes, then you stand no chance whatsoever. I once had 20% health with Itachi, and my opponent had 90%, then I go awakening into susanoo, and I just creamed him completely, and I felt sorry for him, with no substitutes left after 4 charge attacks in 3 seconds.. he was done.. nothing, my 2000000 foot sword just swiped away any support character he used.. it was just wrong. This is a fighting game, not a "who can get awakening first" game.

Agreed.

AboojTi.gif

#129 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rarely use awakenings.

#130 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Apr 7 2012, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rarely use awakenings.

good boy. heheelq7.png

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 07 April 2012 - 04:40 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#131 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The awakenings aren't all that bad, the susano'o is horribly slow, I'm even capable of taking it down with a non-awakened Sakura after I've used a speed boost (the minor version). The teleporters are a pain in the ass, but aren't all that overpowered. The hachibi is imo the only one that is overpowered, kyuubi you can avoid until his awakening runs out but hachibi's ninjutsu "licht(ning?) hax(ck?)" says enough doesn't it?

The story however could have been done better the free-roaming kind was much more fun instead of reading the panels between battles. The only one that I found epic and shouldn't have been done any other way is Killer Bee's story I lol'd several times watching those clips even if some of the characters were acting completely out of character tongue.gif .

Edited by Torxe, 07 April 2012 - 06:49 PM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#132 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I might buy this game when they lower the price I don't think it's worth to spend 60$+ on a game that is the same fighting style over and over again with the difference of more characters.

Edited by Gravenimage, 07 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#133 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 7 2012, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might buy this game when they lower the price I don't think it's worth to spend 60$+ on a game that is the same fighting style over and over again with the difference of more characters.

Agreed. Some of it is just...too similar, or simply things that could have been updates to the previous game.

AboojTi.gif

#134 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 7 2012, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually win before the awaken. mellow.gif So I don't see the problem

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 7 2012, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Some of it is just...too similar, or simply things that could have been updates to the previous game.

I was hoping Story mode would engage me more dry.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#135 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Omega (not TheOmegaMan from the boards, Omega2040, whose review of the game I'm posting), thank you. I now know not to waste my money on this game.

AboojTi.gif

#136 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 13 2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omega (not TheOmegaMan from the boards, Omega2040, whose review of the game I'm posting), thank you. I now know not to waste my money on this game.

Eh dont knock it till you try it is all im going to say to you...

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 14 May 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#137 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ May 13 2012, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh dont knock it till you try it is all im going to say to you...

I've already pointed out why that argument doesn't work a while ago. confused.gif But ok.

AboojTi.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users