174 replies to this topic

#1 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:12 AM

I'm rather surprised there isn't a Kingdom Hearts thread on here already, but whatever. The next game that is set to be released is Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance. Obviously, it will be on the Nintendo 3DS. What is known is that Sora and Riku will take their mark of mastery exams, and you'll play as both Sora and Riku. Also looks like Hunchback of Notre Dame will be featured as a world. Kingdom Hearts 3 will also be released in the future.

All I have to say is, even though I don't play Kingdom Hearts games anymore, The Princess And The Frog and Tangled better show up as worlds in KH3 or else th_cussing.gif

Edited by sardns, 03 March 2011 - 05:12 AM.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

I'm sick of all these spin-off games. They're never really any good, and Square Enix and Disney just keep releasing them to milk the cow 'till it's dead. I'll just save my money and wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 to come out...whenever that is dry.gif

#3 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

Same here. I've liked the flagship games tremendously but I've lost track of all the different spin offs. Although I wish they'd bring the international versions to America.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#4 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

eh, some spinoffs aren't totally spinoffs like birth by sleep which you'll need to play through to possibly understand things in this upcoming game and maybe in KH3. This also seems pretty plot-important-wise like chain of memories; if you don't play this game, you'll probably be lost in KH3. This is why I stopped playing Kingdom Hearts, the whole thing just got too convoluted ever since the organization was introduced, but I'll always love the first game dearly.

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

Everything you need to know about the 'plot' you can read about on Wikipedia, or a Kingdom Hearts-specific wiki. Play-through of these games isn't necessary.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm also on the ship of "Enough spin-offs, WHERE'S KH3?!!" I had a talk last week of what should be in 3, such as which potential Disney movie should be in. I was fine with Birth By Sleep, but this is getting out of hand. Stop talking about in-betweens and flashbacks right now and get to the freaking point and continue the story, Square-Enix.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

Kairi x Sora development in these games or gtfo (or, at least add Hunchback of Notre Dame/Anastasia and others to the game-series).

#8 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 3 2011, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything you need to know about the 'plot' you can read about on Wikipedia, or a Kingdom Hearts-specific wiki. Play-through of these games isn't necessary.

Well you can do that with the main 1 & 2 as well.

I'll say Birth by Sleep lived up to the KH brand but 358/2 days definitely felt watered down, though they could only get so much out of the DS. And apparently re:coded is about the same.

There's already going to be another Birth by Sleep, so maybe after that and FF VersusXlll we'll get KH3 since Nomura has said that Versus is him testing out the PS3 hardware.
\

#9 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Im just waiting for kingdom hearts 3. Cant wait.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 3 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you can do that with the main 1 & 2 as well.

I'll say Birth by Sleep lived up to the KH brand but 358/2 days definitely felt watered down, though they could only get so much out of the DS. And apparently re:coded is about the same.

There's already going to be another Birth by Sleep, so maybe after that and FF VersusXlll we'll get KH3 since Nomura has said that Versus is him testing out the PS3 hardware.

Birth by Sleep was okay. 358/2 really disappointed me, especially since it focused on my favourite KH character, Roxas. They could and should have done a much better job with that game. And Re:coded just seems so pointless to me.

#11 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Ya re:coded was very very pointless.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

358/2 Days was lame.

#13 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 3 2011, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kairi x Sora development in these games or gtfo (or, at least add Hunchback of Notre Dame/Anastasia and others to the game-series).

Anastasia isn't Disney, it's a Don Bluth movie dry.gif (pet peeve coming to the surface)

#14 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Mar 3 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anastasia isn't Disney, it's a Don Bluth movie dry.gif (pet peeve coming to the surface)

Final Fantasy is from Square Enix, not from Disney, yet their characters make up some of the most fundamental characters in the KH story.

FAIL.

#15 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 3 2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Fantasy is from Square Enix, not from Disney, yet their characters make up some of the most fundamental characters in the KH story.

FAIL.

What are you talking about? I didn't even bring up final fantasy. wot.gif All I said was Anastasia can't be featured in Kingdom hearts because it's a don bluth movie, not a disney one. hostile much?

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Mar 3 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you talking about? I didn't even bring up final fantasy. wot.gif All I said was Anastasia can't be featured in Kingdom hearts because it's a don bluth movie, not a disney one. hostile much?

Mm.

It's a Fox Studios movie, therefore you'd never see it.

#17 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

What are you talking about? I didn't even bring up final fantasy. wot.gif All I said was Anastasia can't be featured in Kingdom hearts because it's a don bluth movie, not a disney one.

See, there you go, not making sense again.

Alright, here's the deal:

Square Enix =/= Disney

THUS

Kingdom Hearts =/= Disney Movies Only

THEREFORE

Don Bluth Movie = Acceptable For Kingdom Hearts.

Should I put it in picture-form next time to make it easier for you to grasp?

hostile much?

No, you just cannot word anything right, nor perceive anything beyond five feet in front of you. What I just did was the reasoning a five year old could handle, even in its non-simplest form.

#18 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

kingdom hearts is sqare enix and disney ONLY. you will never see anything beyond what those two companies own in a kingdom hearts game. therefore, anastasia is still not acceptable in a kingdom hearts game unless they want to be sued for copyright infringement, and it will only be acceptable if they get don bluth's or someone from fox studios' permission.

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

^ What he said. I'm not saying it'd be a bad idea to be Anatasia or other animated worlds.

But I'm sure Square Enix and Disney have a mutual agreement/contract to use characters from their own universes.

Edited by Cloud, 04 March 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:12 AM

So, you want an universe from the Don Bluth movies (Anastasia, An American Tale, Secret of NIMH, Land Before Time, etc.) in a video game that is OWNED by the collaborate works of Square Enix and Disney companies?

You do realized that those works are owned in another companies (its not just Fox Studios, but also others like MGM and Universal Studios)?! (It would had worked he HAD stayed in Disney, but he left the company around the time when The Fox and the Hound was still in production back in the day, real fact.) Also a point of numerous of licenses for copyright material... which basically ruins the subject of the KH games.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users