3357 replies to this topic

#3041 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:26 AM

In general none of Momo desserts look visually appealing to me XD compared to savory dishes even though she emphasizes on loving cute and beautiful things :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 December 2017 - 10:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3042 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:46 AM

I just read the spoilers for the newest chapter:

Ch.240

Edited by trang95, 17 November 2017 - 06:23 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3043 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

Saw it coming? Yes. Disappointed? Especially so. Not only because Megumi lost and therefore developing her is nothing but lip service for saying she is good but will never win so far which I am SICK OF, but again I see no team work that  is being introduced so obviously the rebel will win with plot armour BS and the whole training arc to develop teamwork to overcome individual skill was a waste of time. So what is the moral of this tournament arc? ASS PULLS will win not skill and the Elite ten's  skills will be undermined when it is convenient to the plot so as to question why they are Elite ten in the first place. I really beyond sick of this arc now.

Also I would like to get this off my chest. I'm also SICK of how everyone is saying Megumi is a great chef with amazing potential for greatness yet she is ALWAYS reduced to worfing fodder, I really am. BEST NOT expect anything of her then and Tsukuda shouldn't bother hyping her skills up. I honestly love Megumi's character which is why I don't merely want ego soothing for her where everyone says she did great and that she is amazing for TRYING, but to see actual results in where she proves her self and wins against a superior opponent. Takumi got his worfing redemption by beating out Eizan. Where is Megumi's? And don't say that is because Eizan is the worst  member in terms of skills because regardless that shouldn't matter because the Elite ten are still up and away the best students in terms of cooking skills so who is the best and who is the worst should not matter because they are still better than the vast majority of the student body. And let's not forget that Eizan made a strategy to specifically counter Takumi's dish, but Takumi ass pulled around that one so again, why can't Megumi? That goes back to my previous statement. it will be ass pulls that win which doesn't work well at all in a cooking manga

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 December 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#3044 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:40 AM

This entire arc has LONG overstayed its due. Jfc. We'll have probably 10-15 more chapters to go, which is gonna be 2-3 months.
To be honest, I personally don't feel sad about Megumi loosing. I'm just mad with the author's way of misleading readers.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#3045 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Disappointing battle if i'm honest, felt very unsatisfying, very similar to the three way final, it felt very much like the person who won because the mangaka wanted them to win, didn't feel like it was the dish itself that lost them the battle. While I expected that result, I expected something better, something more satisfying, it felt like a loss that really should not have been a loss, but more a loss to make Souma's battle hold more weight to it.

Was also predictable, I said it weeks ago, it would end with Momo not calling Megumi by her nickname but by her actual name, and as it was pointed out, she only does that to those she doesn't consider as a challenge. Though again the way it was done, it wasn't clear if the reason was because she acknowledged Megumi or was disappointed with her reaction...though atleast with that reaction, you get a better understanding as to why she would vote for the new regime.

iAnby7W.gif

#3046 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

http://readms.net/r/...ouma/241/4722/1

This weeks chapter is how I expected Momo's dish to be presented, atleast that way a Megumi's loss wouldn't feel as bad because the manga managed to show the true skill level of the winners ability.

Thoughts

iAnby7W.gif

#3047 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:29 AM

http://readms.net/r/...ouma/241/4722/1

This weeks chapter is how I expected Momo's dish to be presented, atleast that way a Megumi's loss wouldn't feel as bad because the manga managed to show the true skill level of the winners ability.

Thoughts

Seriously though, considering someone of the fourth's seat background, I was just scratching my head. He was fighting against the sexist system that has existed in the traditional japanese sushi dining, but ended up voting for an elite system that is all for tradition and against outsiders.

Of course, Some is gonna win. That is how predictable things will get.

I just want this arc to end... At least I get to see Erina cooking later for the first time in 200 chapters or so.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#3048 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

Seriously though, considering someone of the fourth's seat background, I was just scratching my head. He was fighting against the sexist system that has existed in the traditional japanese sushi dining, but ended up voting for an elite system that is all for tradition and against outsiders.

Of course, Some is gonna win. That is how predictable things will get.

I just want this arc to end... At least I get to see Erina cooking later for the first time in 200 chapters or so.

He who fights monster becomes the monster?

Well now he'll be in charge of the Japanese's sushi world with the cooking him mother taught him. Also Azami isn't discriminating by gender, he is instead stifling creativity. As long as you follow he way of cooking he doesn't care as long as your good, but do something out of line with his philosophy; he will destroy you. 

#3049 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Well, Souma clearly has won. Nene after her lost to Souma has converted and now cares about him. We see a flashback to Samurai talking with Azami, while he doesn't agree to Azami's ideal he made his argument in such a way that appealed to Samurai's Bushido that he agreed to support him.

#3050 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

Well, Souma clearly has won. Nene after her lost to Souma has converted and now cares about him. We see a flashback to Samurai talking with Azami, while he doesn't agree to Azami's ideal he made his argument in such a way that appealed to Samurai's Bushido that he agreed to support him.

Didn't you find Azami's argument to be contradictory, you talks about how protecting the weak, yet for the plan to work, it would require eliminating anyone who didn't have the strength to stand up to them, and requires exploiting the weak minded to conform to their standards? Then again this is the same manga that talked about sexism in the Sushi Industry, yet you could argue the lack of time and attention to given to Megumi's and Momo's battle was quite sexist, when compared to the focus the male contestants were given.

So who do you think turned up at the end?

iAnby7W.gif

#3051 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Didn't you find Azami's argument to be contradictory, you talks about how protecting the weak, yet for the plan to work, it would require eliminating anyone who didn't have the strength to stand up to them, and requires exploiting the weak minded to conform to their standards? Then again this is the same manga that talked about sexism in the Sushi Industry, yet you could argue the lack of time and attention to given to Megumi's and Momo's battle was quite sexist, when compared to the focus the male contestants were given.

So who do you think turned up at the end?

Azami's little speech was solely for Samurai. He was making his argument in such a way -by using his backstory, and his bushido- to convince Samurai to support him. Remember he only got 6 of the 10 seats to support him. He needed Samurai to support him in order to take over the school. If he didn't get him it doesn't matter how fanatically the other 5 agree with him. He can't make his power play with just five seats. And they other four? He was not allowed near his daughter till he took over the school,  and the other three ideologically disagree with him.

Azami is discrimination is based on ideological levels. As long as you agree with him, do what he wants, and meet his standards you pass. He doesn't care about sex. But if you disagree with him he will destroy you...when he actually bothers to do anything.

Lack of attention was because Momo was a sure win for that one, and it was just another battle about how Megumi has great potential but she is still growing. Eizan and Takumi was the interesting battle -they figured- this round.

Azami, #1 or #2, Headmaster, Souma's father, Gin, or someone else.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 December 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#3052 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Unlimited Blade Works! :D

Yp330yZ.gif

#3053 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

New chapter is OUT!!!! :woot: and it is AWESOME

[post='http://www.mangainn....oma-chapter-244'][/post]

#3054 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Momo seems to be affected by her match with Megumi. She wants her and her dishes to be 'cute' but feels that she is lacking in someway. Samurai has gracefully accepted defeat and had his revelation. It is not the strong protect the weak, but people gain strength by helping each other.

Erina vs Momo. Finally! We get to see Erina go all out. Souma doesn't seem to be fighting in this round. So this thing is going to go into a fifth and final round of Eishi and Rindou vs Souma and Erina. With Takumi and The Naked Capitalist losing this round. Even when it get me interested this arc still brings me down with how predictable it is.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 December 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#3055 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

Yeah that is true. This arc is predictable lol

#3056 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:33 AM

New chapter is OUT!!!! :woot: and it is AWESOME

[post='http://www.mangainn....oma-chapter-244'][/post]

Erina had me going full fan mode :chuckle: :excited: . I've missed that snobbish Princess side of her. It's been toooooooo long!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#3057 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

Yeah that is true. This arc is predictable lol

Agree. It should have never come to this point where Soma and the other first years are already defeating second and third years. But maybe, that'll speed up the story...?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#3058 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

Seriously we wait ages for Erina to enter the battle field and she enters against someone whose the weakest member remaining, and someone whose previous match was written in such a way that it felt like she should have lost or at the best barely scraped through.

My guess is the strategy will be, Erina to get the easier battle and guarantee victory, Ishiki to challenge one of the others to exhaustion but still be plan for the loss, and Ishiki going for the win but still may be a loss, so final day would either be Rindou and Eishi vs Erina & Souma, (So the two power couples against each other.) or it will be two against one, either way I expect it will be a battle for one meal from each side instead of the individual battles we see now.

iAnby7W.gif

#3059 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

Seriously we wait ages for Erina to enter the battle field and she enters against someone whose the weakest member remaining, and someone whose previous match was written in such a way that it felt like she should have lost or at the best barely scraped through.

My guess is the strategy will be, Erina to get the easier battle and guarantee victory, Ishiki to challenge one of the others to exhaustion but still be plan for the loss, and Ishiki going for the win but still may be a loss, so final day would either be Rindou and Eishi vs Erina & Souma, (So the two power couples against each other.) or it will be two against one, either way I expect it will be a battle for one meal from each side instead of the individual battles we see now.

Like I said earlier Momo does seem rattled. Then agan she is still the best chef when it comes to deserts in the school.

I think it likely the Ishiki will face Eishi, and Takumi will face Rindou. They need to weaken Eishi as much as possible if they want to win, and Rindou has been interacting with the first years more often- granted not the best reason-. I really hope this doesn't go to a sixth round between Souma and Eishi. End it with Erina & Souma please mangaka that slightly less predictable and you can use it as shipping materiel, and make it seem the the two of them are equal instead of making Souma the best chef in the school before the end of the first year .

#3060 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Erina had me going full fan mode :chuckle: :excited: . I've missed that snobbish Princess side of her. It's been toooooooo long!

Lmaooooo same!! I was bored but now that she appeard, everyone is hyped up xD

I feel like Erina is going against Momo for Megumi, also I enjoy that it is Soma that show interest in her than she does to him because its usually the girl over the guy that shows interest in the person whether romantically or not

Edited by RyohkiFan, 23 December 2017 - 08:11 PM.

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users