• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

I'm not going to lie. I have fallen completely in love with this animated series. When I first heard Disney had bought Star Wars I wasn't really sure what to expect. I saw a few adds on TV about the new "Star Wars Rebels" movie and just brushed it off because of how "childish" the graphics looked. Yeah, wasn't happy with myself because of that.

I watched all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Netflix in the past. Loved it, I have to say Rebels is better. It has a more interesting story, and I've grown quite fond of the cast..

664086690_1145760.gif

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

Well I see I'm not the only person whose become a fan of this show. 

Not gonna say that I don't ship Ezra and Sabine, but I need to see a strong impactful moment between the two for me to become fully invested in their relationship. Granted I will say that there are hints between the two like the scene where Sabine gives Ezra a little device from his parents and wishes him happy birthday. Other moments between the two have mainly been from Ezra's pov on a comedic aspect which is alright, but you get my point. The point is I do ship Ezra and Sabine, but not completely invested in them. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#3 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

I never gave it too much of a chance. Clone wars was so awesome, this Rebels one looks too childish.

It has gotten better in some way? 

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

I never gave it too much of a chance. Clone wars was so awesome, this Rebels one looks too childish.

Oh yeah I got way better around episode 5 or 6, the show went into the star wars feel that everyone loves and let me tell you the ending of season 1 was really really cool and sets up alot for season 2. 

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

All I care about is kanan and hera lol.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

Clone Wars was good, but it never really offered anything to really make an impact on you. Clones died in every episode, you knew the majority of the cast were going to live through the entire series, and it jumped around too much.

Rebels is completely different. It doesn't jump around episode to episode, it has a continuous story. You get to have a strong connection with the cast, and each member has their own unique personality and skills.

Much better than Clone Wars in my opinion.

664086690_1145760.gif

#7 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Clone Wars was good, but it never really offered anything to really make an impact on you. Clones died in every episode, you knew the majority of the cast were going to live through the entire series, and it jumped around too much.

Rebels is completely different. It doesn't jump around episode to episode, it has a continuous story. You get to have a strong connection with the cast, and each member has their own unique personality and skills.

Much better than Clone Wars in my opinion.

I will probably give Rebels another chance someday. 

What I liked in clone wars was how they managed to humanize the clones and how the whole war was constructed in general. 

And I feared for Ashoka, she wasn't in the third movie or in any other, this means she was an expendable character. The whole setup with her leaving the order was cool, I think she could appear in rebels maybe

#8 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

I will probably give Rebels another chance someday. 

What I liked in clone wars was how they managed to humanize the clones and how the whole war was constructed in general. 

And I feared for Ashoka, she wasn't in the third movie or in any other, this means she was an expendable character. The whole setup with her leaving the order was cool, I think she could appear in rebels maybe

*SPOILER ALEART!*

She's actually in Rebels, and I think it's the same voice actress who plays her.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVED Clone Wars. It kept me entertained, wondering what was going to happen next, and left me thirst for more at the end of every episode and I was VERY depressed when I finished the series. I liked pretty much every episode. But I'm sold on the episodes when Anakin and Obey Wan are together XD

664086690_1145760.gif

#9 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

The only thing I didn't like about the ending of season one was the Inquisitor died. He was such a cool villain.

664086690_1145760.gif

#10 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

The only thing I didn't like about the ending of season one was the Inquisitor died. He was such a cool villain.

had to make way for the darth god.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

I spoiled for myself the season 1 finale and mother of god...

If this series make a fight between Ashoka and Darth Vader I'm sold

#12 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

I spoiled for myself the season 1 finale and mother of god...

If this series make a fight between Ashoka and Darth Vader I'm sold

I'm quite scared for Asoka cause she doesn't know that Vader is actually her master, Man that fight is gonna be emotional for sure. 

#13 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

I'm quite scared for Asoka cause she doesn't know that Vader is actually her master, Man that fight is gonna be emotional for sure. 

OBi wan knows it, I think its possible if they *somehow* meet each other and she ends up learning about it 

Either way I think she will die :cry: , probably in a heroic manner remembering Anakin's old lessons

#14 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I think Asoka will somehow try to talk Anikin out of the dark side and almost succeeds, but the Emperor intervenes and ruins it all.

664086690_1145760.gif

#15 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

I think Asoka will somehow try to talk Anikin out of the dark side and almost succeeds, but the Emperor intervenes and ruins it all.

Don't think so

Vader is too far gone, the ony one who could bring Anakin back was the last remnant of  Padme, Luke

Edited by Nar123, 25 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#16 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

I loved Clone Wars. It was Lucas' return to form. Bringing the most talented individuals in the industry together to create something spectacular to behold. At first I didn't have high hopes for Clone Wars. I didn't like the animation and I thought the whole kid sidekick thing would make it too campy. But, I was hooked after a few episodes and watched it get progressively better as the years went by, in both story and animation. I loved how they mixed in elements from the EU as well. What made it really great is that the war felt like a war, even with the lighter aspects of the series. Aside from the movie characters, you never knew if someone was going to make it. The combat looked brutal at times, and I was surprised with the level of violence they were able to get away with. I'm not sure if Disney will ever allow it to go that far. And Ahsoka... Some of the best character progression I've seen in an American animated series. She went from annoying kid sidekick to a, at times conflicted, badass Jedi. Glad she's back.

As for Rebels. Its not anywhere near the level of Clone Wars, not yet anyway. Its got a ways to go. My problems with it are the same as with the initial problems with Clone Wars. A little too light hearted, but since they're going for more of New Hope feel that makes sense. I'm not really a fan of the art style, it seems like a bit of a downgrade from CW. Also, unlike Clone Wars they focus way too much on one planet. However, its definitely gotten better as the season went on, just like CW. And I can also feel that CW grit under the surface. So glad the CW team are the ones at the helm. Hopefully Disney will just sit back and let them do their work, because if they do, it will only get better.

My one hope is that they bring in the characters from the Force Unleashed. I was so disappointed that Rahm Kota was never brought into CW, even though he is a canon character. As for Ezra and Sabine, if the team decides to go in that direction I'm sure they could pull off a well developed romance. I love to see all of the characters grow as the years progress.

I end this with a clip of Jar Jar actually being funny.

Edited by EmperorZeo, 28 March 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#17 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

Teaser for season two!

https://www.youtube....h?v=rdyZcaDtAzo

#18 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

Teaser for season two!

lol sabine changed her hair color. and lol, vader is gonna wreck the rebels.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#19 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:14 AM

Teaser for season two!

So...

Rex resisted to order 66 ?

How did he do it?

Edited by Nar123, 19 April 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#20 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

So...

Rex resisted to order 66 ?

How did he do it?

Maybe he was wounded at the time? That's all I can think of.

Edit: Who's that other Sith character? Is there more than just on inquisitor?

Edited by Let's Dig, 19 April 2015 - 01:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users