29 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hey all, welcome to the opening. :thumbs: a_dance.gif a_dance.gif powerglomp.gif boogie.gif :cookie:

Just wanted to share some of my works. I'm working to improve.... the lines... guh.... but I'm working along.

Naruto cosplay

Naruto's Keyblade

Guyver fanfic art

DBZ OTAKU!!!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

Not bad! Keep on drawing! happy.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#3 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:56 AM

Thank you. I'm working at it. smile.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

There some really nice colored pictures you got there Chou. I especially like the design of Naruto's keyblade with the Kyuubi implemented onto it.

And the DBZ one is easily my favorite! Lots of good line art and would look great colored. Goku in the top left looks really well done.

Keep at it and I look forward to some Casshern fanart in the future! :indeed:

#5 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

I like the designs of the 'key blades'. Design skills like that can develop to become quite applicable in a future career. That's what I'm doing anyway.

So Fun! biggrin.gif

#6 Lala-Chan

Lala-Chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, lipgloss, reading mystery novels, dancing, swimming

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

The CG on the Guyver piece looks really good, but you might want to just make the lines more clear, they look a little grainy and not so smooth. Try working with a huge file to start with and then making it smaller as the final product, it makes your art look very crisp.
Strawberry Power!

#7 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:57 AM

@True: Thank you for the compliments! :thumbs: I like the design of the Legendary Sage blade more, it's sleeker, plus it becomes a whip-sword, but everyone seems to like the other one better, probably because it more directly implements what it actually is. Casshern fanart.... mayhaps soon. As far as the DBZ one goes... eheh, I drew that eons ago. I've always meant to color it... <-- is lazy. tongue.gif May-haps someone else will endeavor it.

@jworks: Thanks, who knows. May-haps you'll wind up working for my multiproduction company in the future as a weapon designer for game and movies. :thumbs:

@ Lala-chan: I actually just recently discovered that, trying to figure out how to make those lines not suck. Thanks for the tip anywhoo. a_hug.gif Off subject, is your username from 'To Love-Ru'?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#8 Lala-Chan

Lala-Chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, lipgloss, reading mystery novels, dancing, swimming

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

smile.gif
Nope, it's cuz my name is LAina, so my friends call me La La xD
But if there's someone named Lala in there, maybe I should watch/read it. :3
Strawberry Power!

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

It's been a really long time since I've done anything, but here's my new NaruSaku. smile.gif I'm also waiting to get a tablet, so that I can draw... better, and color better.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 hergirlunknown

hergirlunknown

Hyatt

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Tea , martial arts, death metal, surrealism, and sweets.

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Mar 5 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been a really long time since I've done anything, but here's my new NaruSaku. smile.gif I'm also waiting to get a tablet, so that I can draw... better, and color better.

Cool concept and the line art is pretty good! I would just recommend making Naruto's arms a little longer though to even the proportions!

#11 NaruGirl

NaruGirl

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Mar 5 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It Looks really good! wink.gif My compliments. :"D
NaruSaku isn't just something, it's 100% the best.:3

#12 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:28 AM

@ Narugirl: thank you. happy.gif

QUOTE (hergirlunknown @ Mar 5 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool concept and the line art is pretty good! I would just recommend making Naruto's arms a little longer though to even the proportions!

Yeah, something was off, and thats it right there. I'll fix it sometime this week.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#13 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

HAY CHAO-CHAO! wow.png

interestingggggg. Development is underway i see c:

gotta say the naruto+keyblade thing is alittle out of my ballpark, but i'm really nom noming the DBZ one! IN FACT you working on that particular fandom is super good news for you! I started all my stuff drawing DBZ! First i straight on traced, which led to direct referencing, which then led to minimal reference and then FINALLY FREE-HAND! YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY! rawr.gif

actually i still can't get anatomy right. argh1.png
You should make it a mission to find out what Yokochwan and Yondylicious and Saku-chin did when they first started. That's the ticket. emoticon_monocle.gif

other than that, keep drawling i wanna see moar. eager.gif

#14 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

You are doing very well! Keep drawing!! I liked the key...! This one REALLY rocks!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

#15 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

What's this? Hand-drawn? Yes, I may not know how to scribe well on a pc, but I'd say I'm at least decent on paper. This is a WIP cover for the first chapter of my manga/doujinshi (whatever the correct term is) based off of the Naruto world. I'm still trying to get Kishimoto's look, and it kind of came off more like Toriyama-san's work. I did start off in DB fanart land in terms of drawing anime, so it'll be hard to shake that style. And yes, I know I suck at anatomy, I'll hopefully get that down too. And then there's a bird... of some sort, could be an eagle, could be a hawk... It's art so you decide what it is... yeah... No, I just sketched a bird on there real quick to emphasize height. Anyway, I'm gonna try and color this thing soon. I wish I hadn't drawn it on notebook paper, it'll suck to clean up. Any tips on cleaning?

Edited by chouzu_tao, 30 April 2010 - 11:37 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

Feed Me

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Rikudo Sage Naruto

I thought I would make the seal blue, kind of representing his own chakra... I tried doing red and blue flames but it just looked weird, so I decided to use red as the main one since that's what Kyubi's chakra looks like.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#18 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I want to sharpen my drawing skills so I'll probably start adding more to this.

The Earth Guides Me --Click here to view--

This is just a scratch one. Quick scribbling. Didn't turn out the way I wanted. I'll probably re-work this one. I wanted to imply that the stone was being moved by the bender, but it just looks like he's posing.

I'll probably add settling dust and gravel. But it's here for now.

Earth-bender me --Click here to view--

Unfortunately I haven't improved much. I am doing a better job with my line-art now though. Not a character from Avatar, just me. I've been told I act like an Earth-bender.

Initial line-art was about an hour.
Took about 6 hours to scan, trace, color, shade.

For the love of all things, please can someone give me pointers on how to draw feet. I just can't do it. Which is why I usually draw characters with boots.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#19 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Touched up my Naruto from my Kingdom Konoha poster.

Sakura+ armor coming soon along with an action shot.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#20 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Longest any piece of digital work has taken me. Total of five days worth of hours of work, mostly on the individuals.

Presenting the main cast of characters from my upcoming short story that takes place between series 1 and 2 of Avatar. The story unfolds amidst the building tension leading up to the anti-bender movement in series 2.

Zihao (earthbender), Jun (firebender), Feichang (airbender), Lei (waterbender)

Of the main cast, I drew Zihao last. You can probably tell.

Looking for something else to take up the deadspace between Aang's silhouette and Korra's. Suggestions? I was thinking maybe the antagonist, but I didn't like how any of the ones with the antagonist turned out composition-wise.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users