136 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:58 AM

Who would you guys say is the worst dad? Naruto or Sasuke?

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 14 September 2015 - 02:21 AM.

#2 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:47 AM

Both.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#3 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:02 AM

I'd say sasuke is slightly worse than Naruto. At least Naruto never tried to kill his children

#4 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

sasuke without a single shroud of doubt.

naruto meanwhile is a close second.

#5 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:49 AM

Of course Sasuke is a worse father than Naruto, but that's not saying much. I always knew Sasuke would be a terrible father, but we should have expected far more from Naruto. He's a failure in everything a father should be, and it's still surprising how bad he is considering his past and development before the ending.

Edited by RedFaction, 14 September 2015 - 03:49 AM.

#6 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

A neglectful father is bad, but a completely absent father sucks.

#7 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

It's Sasuke. Never was around his kid, tried to kill her, and then left soon again. But hey Salad loves him now because Sasuke is just "that cool" according to the Narutoverse.

#8 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

Its a close race.

We all never expected Naruto To be like this tho.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#9 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

I never expected to be this close. If you asked me threel years ago that who would be a worse Father, I would have said Sasuke in a heartbeat. But ever since this ending it's still Sasuke but barely.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

Sasuke if you ask me. Naruto may be just as terrible, but he's never tried to kill his kids, just neglected them.

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

Both.

I agree with you as well both are bad fathers.

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Sasuke and I don't think it's close.

Naruto works too much and is neglectful, but at least he saw his kids before they turned 12. Sarada didn't meet hers until SHE sought him out.

#13 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

Sasuke and I don't think it's close.

Naruto works too much and is neglectful, but at least he saw his kids before they turned 12. Sarada didn't meet hers until SHE sought him out.

Pretty much this.

#14 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

Sasuke is the worse of the two, Not even seeing his daughter once in 12 years is unfogivable, (Though I lost respect for SS fans even more when one panel of showing he cares, had some declaring he was the best father ever.) This is dispite him knowing what it is like growing up wondering if his own father even cared for him.

Naruto is a lousy father, who dispite knowing the pains his son is going through does nothing to help his son, instead tells him to deal with it. Though atleast he spends some time with him,.

Now who is the worst mother? Hinata who seems to ignore his sons trouble, or Sakura who is teaching her daughter it's fine to have a neglecting partner, for kittens sake they've never even kissed.

iAnby7W.gif

#15 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

I think it's a close call but Sasuke takes this one

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#16 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

Sasuke is the worse of the two, Not even seeing his daughter once in 12 years is unfogivable, (Though I lost respect for SS fans even more when one panel of showing he cares, had some declaring he was the best father ever.) This is dispite him knowing what it is like growing up wondering if his own father even cared for him.

Naruto is a lousy father, who dispite knowing the pains his son is going through does nothing to help his son, instead tells him to deal with it. Though atleast he spends some time with him,.

Now who is the worst mother? Hinata who seems to ignore his sons trouble, or Sakura who is teaching her daughter it's fine to have a neglecting partner, for kittens sake they've never even kissed.

I'd say Hinata, Harry, since she doesn't seem to care about anything but Naruto. Sakura at least has helped take care of Sarada, whether she's the biological mom or not (I still say it's Karin, even if Gaiden says otherwise, mostly due to her keeping Sarada's umbilical cord instead of Sakura, who should if she's the real mom of Sarada).

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 14 September 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#17 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

The Sauce is terrible.

For females, probably Hinata.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#18 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:45 PM

In regards to mothers, I don't honestly think that Sakura and Hinata are bad moms. Aside from the part were Sakura destroyed her house over nothing, they haven't really done anything to warrant being called bad parents

#19 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I'd say Hinata, Harry, since she doesn't seem to care about anything but Naruto. Sakura at least has helped take care of Sarada, whether she's the biological mom or not (I still say it's Karin, even if Gaiden says otherwise, mostly due to her keeping Sarada's umbilical cord instead of Sakura, who should if she's the real mom of Sarada).

I don't think we have enough information to. We know Sasuke was absent and Naruto works too much because the manga tells us. The manga tells us next to nothing about Hinata and Sakura as mothers. All we know is (1) what we saw in Gaiden and (2) that the kids seems to like and get alone with their mothers. Of course, I am not sure how much to run with number (2) in a series that ret-cons a bunch while also being plagued with internal consistency issues. So, it's never impossible for Kishimoto to suddent create new material that dumps all over that assumption.

As to (1) Gaiden makes Sakura look terrible; not that anyone in the series cares. Much of Sarada's existenial crisis is created because Sakura tells her nothing and then when she finds out cannot be straight with her for reasons that are a total mystery. She destroyed their house over it. At the same time, Sarada loves and respects her, except this one issue.

What do we know about Hinata the mom? Virtually nothing.

So, I couldn't tell you who is worse or even if they are bad overall.

#20 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

What did Sakura keep from her? She already told Sarada about Sasuke's mission when she was younger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users