514 replies to this topic

#81 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Oh dear God I can't believe you people are getting worry because Hinata got panel time. rolleyes.gif Believe it or not I'm glad she got that panel time because it's finally showing she has taken her role as head of the Hyuuga clan seriously I am truly happy she's getting the development she deserves and becoming a great character in my eyes and guess what (nothing pairing related). Because she doesn't have to end up with Naruto to have her own happy ending seeing her ruling as the rightful head of the Hyuuga clan is enough to give her that happy ending, I can see that she will change the course of the clan which means no more having the bird cage seal no doubt she will get rid of that and she will want unite the main branch and second branch as one slowly trying to dissolve the hatred the second branch has had for the main branch for so long. Kishi is finally developing her character the way it should (although it did took him over 400 chapters to do so sweatdrop.gif).

I'm also happy for Sakura healing Naruto because that was inevitable she's the medic (her expression for some reason it reminded me when she was about to feed him the ramen). And yes for a long time Kishi has been leaning towards the theory that Naruto is the reincarnation of the sage of the six paths and finally Rin I have a slight suspicion she would want to be kill by her own choice (doubt it's a parallel to NS SS or whatever rolleyes.gif). Chapter over all was awesome and worth the wait.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#82 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 8 2013, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just can't shake the feeling that we'll see more on Kakashi's side regarding Rin.

I can't get out of my mind that shocked look he had when Obito said Rin died at the hands of who she loved. And then Kakashi starts having that random flashback about Rin telling him to kill her.

I just get the feeling that flashback is going to continue for some reason.

yes i agree, especially when obito said "the one she loved" which at the same time remind me of naruto mindset toward sakura, in the chapter which confirmed naruto parallel obito. and yes rin is important.

@gravenimage

to be honest i was worried when hinata get panel time, then i read again i saw the incoming alliance annihilation, just how much ninja that stand after tenchi jutsu, maybe only sakura will the last stand ninja beside naruto.

Edited by rocci, 08 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#83 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (rocci @ May 8 2013, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i agree, especially when obito said "the one she loved" which at the same time remind me of naruto mindset toward sakura, in the chapter which confirmed naruto parallel obito. and yes rin is important.

@gravenimage

to be honest i was worried when hinata get panel time, then i read again i saw the incoming alliance annihilation, just how much ninja that stand after tenchi jutsu, maybe only sakura will the last stand ninja beside naruto.

The point is Hinata's finally acting like the true head of the Hyuuga clan she's acting as a leader that's PRO character development NOT pairing development. Of course NH fans will say "that means she's going to get together with Naruto" well whatever let them think like that it will never change their minds.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 May 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#84 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 8 2013, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I think the point of Obito's lines is that the cycle of hatred that exists in the Shinobi world is the reason he became this way.

Well it's not like Tobi is resentful of those whom he believes deprived him of his happiness or the system in general actually. Well at least he doesn't externally display his emotions to others. Internally he must be assigning some level of worth to the current world and those around him if he is so adamant in attempting to refute their ideological statements. To be concerned in the manner that he is implies emotional value or psychological value. If he was capable of destroying all of his previous emotions then why even acknowledge the false semblances of these people who will become nothing after he brings about the Moon's Eye Plan?

I believe that Tobi is deceiving himself, at least somewhat.

The Mist's lust for power and destruction robbed Rin of an otherwise normal life (for a ninja) and in turn, robbed her from him. Basically, if you look at it deeper, the cycle of hatred existing in the Shinobi world is what really turned Obito this way. I'm not dismissing the fact that Obito is basically whining, nor am I dismissing his actions, but what I'm pointing out is how he turned out this way.

I don't even understand why hatred is being looked upon as the all encompassing, universal cause for all of the afflictions in the Narutoverse. It isn't as if there aren't any alternative motivations that would compel someone to perform iniquitous actions. Gato was a power hungry megalomaniac with no implications provided that he was a victim of hateful retribution. He committed his injustices for the sole purpose of acquiring wealth and influence. No one ever provided him with a method to redeem himself. Deidara was a sociopathic terrorist and self proclaimed "artisan" who found gratification in the usage of explosives he made, regardless of the sacrifice in lives it must have taken whenever he committed his crimes. Similar to Gato he had no prior implications of being victimized by this cyclical establishment of hatred. He simply acted out this distorted method of artistic expression.

Furthermore we have the likes of Orochimaru and Zetsu. Now Orochimaru was victimized to some extent because it was the deaths of parents that initially compelled him to dabble in kinjutsu, specifically tensei ninjutsu. However, over the course of his studies he lost sight of his original inspirations and began to act simply for the purpose of achieving immortality and learning all ninjutsu. Mind you, we were never provided with the exact specifics as to how his parents died but even if their deaths were confirmed to be a product of war it's not like Orochimaru was concerned with vengeance. Oro had no underlying principals or intentions that contributed any sort of moral intricacy to his character. Even with his suggestive comments about his invasion of Konoha having a deeper motivation to itself what do you believe would be the most probable reason for his actions there? Naturally it would likely have some relevance to Minato being chosen over him for the position of the Hokage as it is the only grievance Orochimaru ever had; but then he has no one to blame but himself because it was due to his unethical experimentations and prying into forbidden techniques that inhibited him from acquiring the position. Both of which he intended to use to achieve some level of ascendancy to what he likely perceived as "godhood". You could say that war, if that was actually the cause for his parents dying, indirectly contributed to Orochimaru's moral decay at a young age but war was not in his mind when he started his nefarious practices.

Beyond his striving to become an equivalent to the Sot6P Orochimaru has commented that he simply wants to see the world "in motion". He finds it "boring" if things are "standing still" and from what we can infer of those comments he appears to be someone who simply enjoys seeing conflict or dissension. I can't blame him entirely for that idea though because what purpose is there for acquiring something if you can't even use it to amuse yourself in some way? In alot of ways his motivations are similar to Cell's from DBZ. Even after having acquired what they believe to be "ultimate power" they still harbour desires in order to gratify themselves. Cell wants to find amusement in his life by seeing the faces of people contort in apprehension and suffering whilst for Orochimaru he satiates his own desires of wanting to see an "active" world by bringing about conflict.

We then come to Zetsu who's personal intentions, if you can even call it that, are to simply carry out the instructions of who created him. His purposes for existing were to simply act as convenient tools for the Akatsuki as a scout and healer then later to Tobi as the primary force of his army. He was never offered any opportunity for redemption nor does anyone appear to care about him in the Narutoverse. Zetsu is a means to achieving an end; in some ways he's merely a weapon or tool to be used and then discarded by those who were actually affected by the system. Regardless of what they may think, I can't help but feel that there is an element of bias in this because Zetsu is a sentient creature, he can feel emotions and he does have his own personality. Yet for some unknown peculiarity the world doesn't place much value in his life. Even Haku was valued as an endearing comrade and companion by friend and foe alike. Zetsu has never been offered those sentiments by anyone. It's quite saddening to be honest.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that there are other reasons for conflict to exist aside from hatred. Thirst for power (Gato), recognition (Haku), wealth (Kakuzu), religion (Hidan), and then there are those who are just instinctually apathetic, as if they were born that way (Deidara). Some act out of ****s and giggles alone (to put it bluntly) like Orochimaru and others were but a means to an end who happened to be capable of sentient thought and emotions but were never given the possibility to be anything more than a tool (Zetsu); regardless if they were just an artificial creation it could still feel and think.

Even if you could somehow remove all hatred in the world (which is technically impossible since it's a product of human nature which will always exist in the minds of humans) there would still be other motivations that drive people to fight and kill. It's one of the many grievances that I have with Kishi's writing. He emphasizes this notion of hatred being the only reason for dissension existing in the Narutoverse but we know that that's patently false with what information we've been given about the personalities of other characters. Bear in mind that the shinobi system also exists as an economic system alongside being a result of hatred or contention. It's apparently the five countries' main source of revenue; essentially their lifeline as a nation to survive.

So it's not just from a psychological or emotional point of view that you need to look at but an economic one as well. How do you address the matter of a system of violence and death being the indispensable means to making sure that your country does not plummet into abject poverty? If there is no conflict in the world then what is the purpose to learning how to become a shinobi? Is it to simply attain some propagandized notion of "enlightenment" akin to what Orochimaru is seeking? How can you apply that to where the sacrifices (financially, mentally, and ect.) necessitated to providing that education and training is compensated in some way?

This is probably just me reaching a bit too far. I doubt Kishi will address these little details at the end of the manga. Still, it's something to think about and pick holes at.

Bolded: It's Senju DNA. what else can't it do?? kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Senju DNA is the cure for cancer obviously.

Edited by Atheck, 08 May 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#85 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Great chapter! Pretty short but also pretty awesome. I liked the scene with Sakura healing Naruto while Hinata provided cover. I agree with Chatte that it was a actually a pretty beautiful moment. I really like the idea of Sakura and Hinata being good friends when they're not doing ninja stuff. happy.gif

I also still have faith that Kishi will give Sakura her shining moment. Pretty much everyone else has been getting screentime, so I just don't see why Kishi would go out of his way to neglect his main heroine.

So Rin was actually a jinchuuriki and thus she decided to kill herself so as not to endanger Konoha? Wow, I did not see that coming. huh.gif

As for Obito, it seems he's even more messed up than we anticipated. So basically everything that he doesn't like or accept is fake? I agree with those who have said that he will be very difficult to TNJ, if that's even possible.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#86 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ May 8 2013, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also still have faith that Kishi will give Sakura her shining moment. Pretty much everyone else has been getting screentime, so I just don't see why Kishi would go out of his way to neglect his main heroine.

Personally i don't anymore. Hinata is always doing what the herione should be. Sakura is just healing and looking pretty.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#87 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 8 2013, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally i don't anymore. Hinata is always doing what the herione should be. Sakura is just healing and looking pretty.

And sasuke get what a hero should get. Naruto always clueless about what happen and his solution is never give up. And he playing hero.

@atheck
Because naruto story revolve around uchiha who has emotional problem.

#88 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

This is why I rarely get involved with discussions here (or elsewhere these days) people just overreact, the chapter was great as far as I am concerned.

still haven't seen anything in the manga to contradict the direction I think Kishimoto is going in fact every chapter just strengthens it

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#89 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's nice that the all the bijuus (or maybe it wals the Juubi itself? I believe was it), seeing Naruto, mix up him with the reincarnation of Rikudo Sennin.

I liked the lilttle NS moment, Hinata and her little speech didn't bothered me.

So Rin was been the sanbi's jinchuuriki for a little but it was only a trap by the mist. I knew that she was a jinchuuriki laugh.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#90 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 8 2013, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Acting like a leader is one of the traits a heroine should have. Sakura already acted like one I mean did Hinata made a great leader when Pain attacked Konoha, oh that's right the suicidal confession and she was wounded while Sakura took in charge when the Hokage was down. Get over it as I said Kishi is giving development as her role been the head of the Hyuuga clan not because she's the heroine sheesh. It's getting tiring to hear your negativity towards Sakura.

EDIT: I will add that people shouldn't forget Sakura is a medic FIRST, then a shinobi second. So healing is her top priority, healing the wounded is her focus. I will be happy if people cut her some slack and quit it with the negativity. Thinking Hinata is the heroine or stealing the role from her is utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 May 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#91 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 8 2013, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acting like a leader is one of the traits a heroine should have. Sakura already acted like one I mean did Hinata made a great leader when Pain attacked Konoha, oh that's right the suicidal confession and she was wounded while Sakura took in charge when the Hokage was down. Get over it as I said Kishi is giving development as her role been the head of the Hyuuga clan not because she's the heroine sheesh. It's getting tiring to hear your negativity towards Sakura.

I second this.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#92 HuntTheWill

HuntTheWill

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I was happy with the latest chapter. It was nice to see Sakura getting more involved in the fight(although drawn poorly) and the Kakashi/Obito scene is turning out more interesting than what I was expecting.

#93 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 8 2013, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not the screen time or Hinata assuming the role of a leader alone that some us have grievances with (well for others perhaps), it's the knowledge that the other rookies are being deprived of any noteworthy screen time to accommodate Hinata. Contrary to what some people may suggest on other forums there are fans of the other, less utilized cast members such as Shino, Kiba, and Tenten. What about their comparative roles in the story? Do they have any personal conflicts or grievances with others that make them complex and dynamic in some way? We're given only a small amount of information about them and that concerns me, yes.

Hinata does have her own personal issues and development to resolve but why could Kishi not provide the other rookies with a place as well? Beyond Team 7, Team 10, and recently the Hyuga members of the K11 (primarily Hinata) there has been little to no involvement with them.

Edited by Atheck, 08 May 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#94 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

It's my opinion and if you don't like it don't respond to it. dry.gif

40283620121415711s.jpg

#95 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 8 2013, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's my opinion and if you don't like it don't respond to it. dry.gif

You're right it's your opinion and you have a right to say it. But your negativity towards Sakura and her character is getting out of hand. And when it's not about her character it's about SS but I'm going to leave it there because I want to avoid any kind of conflict.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#96 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

please guys, dont ruin the atmosphere here every time the chapter is out. You're too moody. Please, enjoy the chapter!

I don't want come here and seeing all fights! We're supposed to be NS brothers!

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#97 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 8 2013, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: I will add that people shouldn't forget Sakura is a medic FIRST, then a shinobi second. So healing is her top priority, healing the wounded is her focus. I will be happy if people cut her some slack and quit it with the negativity. Thinking Hinata is the heroine or stealing the role from her is utterly ridiculous.

Implying that she had development for it and Kishimoto didnt just put a panel where she says that "Everyone together to fight" for an instant i thought it was AU!Hinata and not Hinata(because of the facial expression).
Sakura and Hinata lately are getting weird.

Sakura is all goofy and happy around Naruto lately shows concern and etc... i hope it's not a setup for trolling and Hinata i when i read that i just "What?" i would not even bother commenting that, i'm not concerned about Hnata it's just that srsly asspull.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 May 2013 - 11:21 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#98 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

It's good to see Sakura having a bit of panel time and being useful to Naruto. I hope she does something great soon.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 8 2013, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The point is Hinata's finally acting like the true head of the Hyuuga clan she's acting as a leader that's PRO character development NOT pairing development. Of course NH fans will say "that means she's going to get together with Naruto" well whatever let them think like that it will never change their minds.

She's protecting Naruto, so it can be looked at as pairing related. Imo her frequent screentime is indeed for that reason, but I'm more disappointed than offended. At the present time Kishi's making sure to keep her on panel, and it's annoying if nothing else.

#99 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ May 8 2013, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please guys, dont ruin the atmosphere here every time the chapter is out. You're too moody. Please, enjoy the chapter!

I don't want come here and seeing all fights! We're supposed to be NS brothers!

I am perfectly fine but this isn't about NS at all it's about Sakura's character in general. I see it silly that fans complained that Sakura hasn't shown up in so many chapters and when she finally makes an appearance they complained because she didn't do a single thing but waste panel time (which I think it wasn't wasting panel time Kishi must be showing her for a reason that he might be reveal further in the story). She appears for the second time since her long absence and say" she was healing and looking pretty" I see that as complaining. I said she's a medic first before her shinobi duties healing is her main priority especially in a war like this one her healing abilities are mandatory. Hinata is acting like a leader as a result from her character development which Kishi FINALLY is developing since he hasn't done so ever since her debut at the chunin exams, however Sakura's development started since her debut back at ch 3.

I will leave it like that I don't want to ruin the atmosphere the chapter was great and I'm glad Sakura will be shown more in the story because she's next to Naruto (unlike Hinata).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#100 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ May 8 2013, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's protecting Naruto, so it can be looked at as pairing related. Imo her frequent screentime is indeed for that reason, but I'm more disappointed than offended. At the present time Kishi's making sure to keep her on panel, and it's annoying if nothing else.

I agree i feel that he's doing the same with Sakura.
What disappointed me is the "offpanel development" with Hinata which clearly is damaging her character and the arc.
Neji dies there's not a single flashback between her and Neji, then she pulls her speech with no development to do it, forcing the readers to accept that she has a development, lately she still with all the things that happened doesnt show her leading her clan rather chasing Naruto on the battle.
Then 629 Naruto is injured and she appears suddenly "together to fight", it's just.... unbelievable.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 08 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users