• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Another thing I absolutely loveeee is the fact that Sakura isn't being what people expected. She's all about her comrades but of course, there's that special place for Naruto. Just makes me love this ship so much more and it's solidifying more and more that this is THE ship. Nothing else compares.

That's because we're drawing closer to the conclusion~ I'm beyond ready for NaruSaku to be canon, but I'm going to take my time enjoying these precious moments leading up to it.

Look at this face:

She's not even trying to hide how she feels about him now. How can this not be an indication that her feelings have changed? It's crystal clear by the look on her face.

#102 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

That's because we're drawing closer to the conclusion~ I'm beyond ready for NaruSaku to be canon, but I'm going to take my time enjoying these precious moments leading up to it.

Look at this face:

She's not even trying to hide how she feels about him now. How can this not be an indication that her feelings have changed? It's crystal clear by the look on her face.

My feels! I absolutely loveeeee how she wears her emotions and its cool how they are linked so of course Ino and others felt what she said. There is no boundaries right now. And I've been loving Ino in these chapters btw. She's just amazing.

Anyway, I too will enjoy these moments as they roll out for us. I don't even care if people still dislike Sakura after all of this because at this point, it's likely ship hate. She's been doing a great job as a nin and being very supportive of her friends/comrades. I've read this chapter over 5 times. Lol and I still love it.

Another question.

What do you think of the face Hinata made with her comment? It's a bit ridiculous that Kishi so blatantly makes her focus on one person so hard. -_- she shows no concern for others and it's just sad.

#103 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

And I still love that hair on her. :-)

#104 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

What do you think of the face Hinata made with her comment? It's a bit ridiculous that Kishi so blatantly makes her focus on one person so hard. -_- she shows no concern for others and it's just sad.

Hinata... What bothered me the most about her panel was her facial expression. While everyone else is quite obviously overjoyed at Shikamaru's recovery, Hinata looks like she just had her favorite toy taken away. I don't know what Kishimoto's intentions were, but it comes off as Hinata not caring at all about Shikamaru's well-being because she's too busy being depressed over other characters wanting to walk beside Naruto too. That, or she doesn't feel she can keep up with the rest of the R9 and is worried that she'll lose her place beside him. What annoys me the most about this is that Naruto himself acknowledged that she is strong and capable of standing beside him, but she's still second guessing herself. How much more encouragement does she need before the message sticks?

#105 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thats true. It's like she's walking in circles. How do you go from standing beside him charging onward and assisting him then backtracking? And what's more is that it's all in the same setting. Naruto gave her absolutely no reason to backpedal. If her thoughts were centered on his wellbeing and such then it'd be different. Her walking beside him comment mixed with that expression was a bit selfish when it could of been something else. I mean, at this point, I care not what she does but its saddening that the girls only focus is Naruto and nothing more. I'd love to see her worry for her team or somethingggg. When I think about it, her team is the most undeveloped out of the lot.

#106 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Overslept this morning. That hardly everrrrr happens. Lol super glad it's Friday though!!!

#107 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Too right! Weekend starts here!

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#108 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Lmao! Realllly Quinster!?

I caught up on the episodes of Bobs Burgers. :( I hate catching up on shows I enjoy. Lol

Alsooooo, I'm super excited about The Walking Dead coming back this month!!

#109 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hinata... What bothered me the most about her panel was her facial expression. While everyone else is quite obviously overjoyed at Shikamaru's recovery, Hinata looks like she just had her favorite toy taken away. I don't know what Kishimoto's intentions were, but it comes off as Hinata not caring at all about Shikamaru's well-being because she's too busy being depressed over other characters wanting to walk beside Naruto too. That, or she doesn't feel she can keep up with the rest of the R9 and is worried that she'll lose her place beside him. What annoys me the most about this is that Naruto himself acknowledged that she is strong and capable of standing beside him, but she's still second guessing herself. How much more encouragement does she need before the message sticks?

You know, I wondered about that.  Actually, I had two different thoughts.  At first, Hinata's expression struck me as proof that she hasn't changed for the better at all -- at least in terms of strength, confidence, self worth, or an awareness of anything going on beyond herself and her feelings for Naruto.  

I mean, after having the privilege and several opportunities to be directly influenced by Naruto's inspirational leadership, Hinata is basically in the same mental space as the dithering fodder nin who populate the filler scenes.  The fodder nin all wring their hands, consumed with doubt and fear, with no clue what to do for themselves.  Hinata does the same regardless of how many times she has been helped, inspired, or proved wrong in her tentative, negative outlook.

My second thought was... maybe the subtext is that Hinata was disappointed because there was nothing in Naruto's thoughts -- unconscious or otherwise -- about her.  What I mean by that is, not that she's being petulant that he didn't think of her, but that maybe she's aware of the effect Naruto is having on everyone -- the former Hokage, the current Kage, and especially Sakura -- and Hinata either feels or knows she's going to be "left behind" in both skill and importance in Naruto's life.  

To readers' knowledge, Hinata doesn't possess any other personal goals or reasons for looking forward positively beyond Naruto.  As he continues to grow exponentially as a hero, and those who are capable of keeping up with him or are his most significant relationships are also passing her by, where does that leave her?  

I don't know.  It was just a thought that came to me when I saw her face in the chapter. 

Edited by KnS, 04 October 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#110 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

That's a possibility as well. I still feel that her thoughts were really inappropriate given the situation, but I suppose I shouldn't expect much more from such a satellite character. Her obsession with Naruto is killing her character.

#111 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

It really truly is. She looks ridiculous at this point and her development goes nowhere. She's practically back at square 1. She's no good for Naruto but the crazy part is, I want to see how it'll all pain out. I used to feel she could live without Naruto but that's starting to change with these panels of her... she needs a new hobby.

#112 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Caught up on the episodes of Bob's Burgers and I hate that I did. Lol weekend was super nice. Bought some cool new shirts, decided to get Tales of Xillia, worked out for my 5th consecutive day yesterday and I'm taking 2 day break. My body is so damn sore. Lol but I love ig nonetheless. Might draw a bit before I crash. Ready for the next chapter!!

Hope you all had a swell weekend!

#113 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

So my copy of Tales of Xillia came in today.

20131007_221533_zpsdb9ea0bb.jpg

Unfortunately for me, I can't even play it. My nephew got slobber in my joystick when he was here and with that, my joy died. :'( so I have oto wait until my order for my joy comes in. Hopefully it'll be sometime this week.

#114 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Lol might as well post an updated pic of myself. This is less than a month old.

Smileyface-2_zps6f013f8b.jpg

#115 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm liking the hair! What ever happened to all of those braids you used to have coming out of your head? :lol:

#116 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Lmao I haven't had braids in over a year. :P now I pretty much have a mohawk. A lot of people like it including myself. Glad you like it though!

Have you gotten the chance to watch Bob yet?

#117 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

No, not yet. I haven't had free time to do anything fun, but I'm going to check it out during Fall Break! :D

#118 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Alrightyyyu. Sounds like a plan. I hope the chapter's out when I wake up! Lol

#119 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Just dropping by :D I also have been on a marathon of Bob's Burger's myself - although this "marathon" is taking me a loong time and I only watch 1-2 episodes a week (if time allows). It's absolutely hilarious! I love it, I was recommended it by a friend, and since it is on netflix I gave it a go  :excited: I'm also really looking forward to Walking Dead coming soon (I'm a total movies/tv junkie when I am able to watch).

:wave:

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#120 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Holy fecal matter you're amazingly talented, and your males are hot (oh crap Gaaraaaaaaaaa *fans self*).  I approve.

I realize that comes off as less than serious, but I am serious (trying not to be awkward).  I have no ability to draw, so I'm probably not the greatest judge, but you are seriously talented (some of my closest friends are professional artists, and while I probably have no right to judge I do think the quality of your work is quite high).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Strider, Crestone, StriderC, Houston, Scott, drawing, life, fanart, NaruSaku, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users