• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#101 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

Those entries are looking good! Must get around to reading and looking at all of them later. Way late, but good luck to everyone! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 31 2011, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new deadline for entries is 11:59pm GMT on Wednesday the 9th of November.

After that, we will hold a vote by PM during the following week, ending at 11:59pm on Wednesday the 2nd of November.

Haha, bit confused now. Are the dates meant to be the other way around? XD

#102 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Oct 30 2011, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, bit confused now. Are the dates meant to be the other way around? XD

Oops. 121721.gif Fixed for real this time.

#103 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

Cha! Finally finished my fanfic entry. sakura.gif Though my story is a little . . . different. sweatdrop.gif Hope it's not too long and that people like it. Now I sleep.
End of line.

#104 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Oops. Thanks for the catches and fixes on the deadlines. XD; I was at home sick when I changed the contest deadline, so I wasn't all there.

After the contest deadline has passed, I'll post details on how everyone can vote. smile.gif

#105 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Twenty bucks says I either get no votes or last place... My fanfic was terrible compared to the others XD

#106 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Just making sure, the contest deadline tomorrow at 23:59 GMT converted to PST is 4:59pm, right? Oh man, totally on the clock now, hopefully I'll be able to finish my oneshot before the deadline, haha... sweatdrop.gif

#107 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

I just want to make sure, how much hours till the deadline? I'm making an fanart and want to make sure I can do it.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#108 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (LegendaryArcanine42 @ Nov 1 2011, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twenty bucks says I either get no votes or last place... My fanfic was terrible compared to the others XD

Don't be down on yourself! wink.gif Just posting it, no matter how good or bad it is, is a courageous thing not to be taken lightly, and it sets you apart from the vast sea of fans. Do you know how many people don't post their story ideas?! Or write a little, then never finish? Or don't write their own stuff, but instead leave nasty reviews telling you how you could have written yours better? It's waaay harder to write something, then put it out there for others to read and criticize, so I have a deep respect for creative writers of any kind. And don't worry about whether others are good or bad, just keep writing! Each new piece written, each new chapter finished changes you as an author and improves your writing skills! So congratulations for entering! I haven't, and I'm totally envious. I just couldn't get it together in time to participate. So, 20 bucks says you're one up on me just for entering! laugh.gif

#109 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

And two up on me since I haven't even left any reviews for anyone. 121721.gif

I'm not sure if I'd call it a problem, but what I like least about the contests is that somehow, somebody has to be last and people tend to make inferences from that even if all the entries are good. I've enjoyed reading each of the entries (and the non-entry) and I'm glad that I got to read each of them.

11:59 PM GMT is 6:59 EST. So the deadline is just over 8 hours from this post.

#110 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Nov 2 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And two up on me since I haven't even left any reviews for anyone. 121721.gif

I'm not sure if I'd call it a problem, but what I like least about the contests is that somehow, somebody has to be last and people tend to make inferences from that even if all the entries are good. I've enjoyed reading each of the entries (and the non-entry) and I'm glad that I got to read each of them.

11:59 PM GMT is 6:59 EST. So the deadline is just over 8 hours from this post.

Yeah, I try to do my part by voting at least, and leaving reviews when I can.

It would be nice to award some participant icons for a month or two, then the winner keeps their badge for three months or six months. Hmmm...maybe like when the particpant turns in their first entry, they get awarded a little contest icon to go by their name for that month and until the voting is done. Then when the votes are in it switches to just the winner icons. Don't know th logistics of that, though. Just throwing out ideas. Logistically, that's the easy part!

Voting is exceptionally hard. It usually comes down to what I personally like better, having nothing to do with the quality of the story at all. And I like them all!!

#111 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

I actually made it in time. I surprised myself. Good luck to all the participants. smile.gif

#112 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Excellent. biggrin.gif Keep them coming in, everyone!

Due to work, I won't be around at the exact closing time, but I will be checking out the entries as soon as I get home. smile.gif

#113 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Entries are now closed!

To every one of you who entered, thank you very much! biggrin.gif

The final list of entries is...

(listed in order of submission time)

NaruSaku - Autumn Embrace - by Fox-And-Flower
NaruSaku - Harvest Kiss - by Fox-And-Flower
Jumping in Leaves - by Jworks
Cat by Muttz
Zero Gravity Fall - by Saku-chan

Those Invincible Words - by NaruDeeds
Koyo - by ciardha
Autumn Sky - by Toasty Warrior
Autumn Day Confessions - by Konohakitten
Autumn Dance - by Candleguy
Harvesting Tears - by Densetsu-Kun
The Season When Things Die - by Jena
You'll Come Back - by Miss Soupy
The Hand of Fate - by AchikaMiyu
Autumn Footsteps - by Ani
Carry On - by Kit

Again, thanks for all the NaruSaku. boogie.gif

It's now voting time.

To vote, simply send a PM to me.

You need to pick your top 3 fanarts, and your top 3 fanfics. They need to be ranked in order, with 1 being your biggest favourite! Like this:

QUOTE ("Example votes")
Fanart:

Fanfic:

People who entered the contest can vote, but they cannot vote for their own entries.

Votes must be in by 11:59pm GMT on Wednesday the 9th of November.

If two or more entries tie for a prize, a tiebreaker vote will be held after the deadline.

So, enjoy the fanart and fanfics, let them all soak in, and then get voting. biggrin.gif

#114 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Just a reminder that voting will end tomorrow night. If you haven't voted yet, and you enjoyed the contest entries, please take a moment to choose your favourites and send your votes to me!

Thanks. smile.gif

#115 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

So many wonderfully-drawn, wonderfully-written entries! Makes it so challenging to pick a top 3 happy.gif

#116 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 8 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many wonderfully-drawn, wonderfully-written entries! Makes it so challenging to pick a top 3 happy.gif

Yeah, it's crazy! The fanfics are like that as well... I wonder who will win?

#117 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

It's now less than 3 hours to go, so get your votes in quick!

Results will be posted by tomorrow evening, if there is no need for tiebreakers. smile.gif

#118 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

And the winners have been decided!

First of all, I would like to say thank you so much to everyone who entered this contest. Each of you has given everyone here so much to enjoy. biggrin.gif

This was a closely fought contest, so if you didn't make the top 3, don't be downhearted. We still enjoyed your entry and it would be great to see you all at the next contest. happy.gif

Now, here are the results!

Congratulations to every one of you! biggrin.gif Be sure to send a PM to me, with your choice of prizes in order of preference:

The Prizes (for each category):
1 copy of the Naruto Illustration Book! This high-quality book is full of Shippuden art, and is in English.
2 volumes of the Naruto manga of your choice!
A forum special, with perks such as a larger avatar, bigger PM inbox, bigger attachment allowance, and a shiny little star!

The winner of each category gets the first pick of the prizes, the runner-up gets the second pick, and third place gets what's left. Anyone under 18 years old must provide proof of parental consent for us to ship a prize to them.

Thank you to every single person who entered the contest, and I hope to see more NaruSaku from you all. biggrin.gif

#119 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Oh WOW!

Congratulations to ALL of you!
Miss Soupy...WELL DONE!

#120 Ani

Ani