65 replies to this topic

#41 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:27 AM

I'm repeating a bit of what other people said but Thurday was Naruto's golden time because it was right after pokemon. When Naruto was in its prime it was a power hour for rating. After its decline it was still able to hold on by leeching off people that don't immediately change the channel after pokemon ends. Because Pokemon is one of the few big anime that is not on Sunday the time around it is sought after. The fact that it has sometimes been on that time slot is probably partially why it probably got to the kids. The Sunday move is as they see it high risk high reward situation. The problems are like we both said the constantly changing schedule is going to annoy the audience, but also since they are going into a competitive day/time if they can't secure the time they picked they at risk of losing their audience to other shows.

The problem with Marvel is sales overall are declining in the comicbook industry, and it is in someways marvel's fault.

That was clear from Sakura's speech in the last which was one of the major criticism of the movie.

Sakura's speech in the last was suppose to be about the "true love" of nH/SS, and there was never anything in nor to NS.

However the phrasing of her speech, the situation, and connecting the speech to the large story -even trying to ignore the manga, and just focusing on the movie- turns it into: "Naruto the reason I rejected he offer of being your girlfriend awhile back is because I realize what kind of person you are. You are a cold emotionless liar that doesn't understand any feeling including love, your ideology is mere sophism based on things you have no understanding of in an attempt to become popular, and you only pursued me is because you wanted to beat Sasuke at something. Sasuke despite all his faults is a better man then you, and has more genuine feeling for me then you do. I'm trying to put you, and Hinata together out of pity. She is so madly in love with an ideal you that she will never realize who you really are, and not getting together with you will destroy her. So, I'm helping her in hopes she can maybe teach you something about human emotions." That's me being nice.

AND YET Sakura was being the exact same thing to Sasuke.  :zaru: The whole "It takes one to know one" part of hypocrisy is very apparent here :banana:

And again I can never shut up about this, girls letting go of their first loves makes them horrible women but Men can let go of their first loves because they need to give their love to a women that DESERVES IT? And I suppose Ino let go of her first love so that makes her a two timing bi-atch am I I right!!?? :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Actually, if we went with the logic behind Sakura's speech Sasuke should have a harem of at least seven women, and Sakura should be completely fine with that. Like they would ever do it, but that speech was just for permanently dismissing NS, and promoting nH (and maybe SS if you squint.) So, instead once you try to apply the speech to the story you end up with something like I said up above or what you said.

#42 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

AND YET Sakura was being the exact same thing to Sasuke.  :zaru: The whole "It takes one to know one" part of hypocrisy is very apparent here :banana:

And again I can never shut up about this, girls letting go of their first loves makes them horrible women but Men can let go of their first loves because they need to give their love to a women that DESERVES IT? And I suppose Ino let go of her first love so that makes her a two timing bi-atch am I I right!!?? :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Yeah, but I would hate Sakura being with this Naruto more than I dislike her being with Sasuke. That's how bad they made him. Sasuke at least doesn't act like an idiot and isn't a corrupt dictator. And he treats Sakura with respect at least. It's a far better situation for her than her being with Boruto's Dad. 

I mean Sakura had to be with one of them, because she is Sakura after all. And she made the right choice, even if it was for the wrong reasons. Because Naruto just is that worthless. He's exactly as worthless of a husband as Hinata deserves.

Edited by DrK, 01 October 2018 - 12:31 AM.

#43 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, but I would hate Sakura being with this Naruto more than I dislike her being with Sasuke. That's how bad they made him. Sasuke at least doesn't act like an idiot and isn't a corrupt dictator. And he treats Sakura with respect at least. It's a far better situation for her than her being with Boruto's Dad.

I mean Sakura had to be with one of them, because she is Sakura after all. And she made the right choice, even if it was for the wrong reasons. Because Naruto just is that worthless. He's exactly as worthless of a husband as Hinata deserves.

I think you are right.. though not necessarily because Sasuke is a better person. I mean he treats her politely in the way you would treat a total stranger politely (and they basically are strangers). He withholds affection from her and the series depicts this as humorous.. when really its just kittening awful. I think it is a better situation for her like you say.. but perhaps only because Sasuke is almost never there.. whereas if she was with Naruto she would have to put up with him every day.  

I dunno I mean it's like pick your poison. Be with someone who is the ultimate scumbag or "be with" someone who is always physically or emotionally absent.

#44 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:12 AM

I think you are right.. though not necessarily because Sasuke is a better person. I mean he treats her politely in the way you would treat a total stranger politely (and they basically are strangers). He withholds affection from her

Well, they don't want to make him totally out of character.

#45 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

Well, they don't want to make him totally out of character.

I dunno how you could keep Sasuke in character at all and have him in a real marriage.. Unless it was with someone who's hopelessly enamored with him and masochistic /likes being Genjutsu-killed. The writers seem to want to preserve Sasuke's lone wolf/ dangerous renegade faux coolness ..and that just doesn't work with the role hes been put in ..married life and raising a child. (at least not the way they have tried to write it)  It's a real mess..

#46 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

I think you are right.. though not necessarily because Sasuke is a better person. I mean he treats her politely in the way you would treat a total stranger politely (and they basically are strangers). He withholds affection from her and the series depicts this as humorous.. when really its just kittening awful. I think it is a better situation for her like you say.. but perhaps only because Sasuke is almost never there.. whereas if she was with Naruto she would have to put up with him every day.  

I dunno I mean it's like pick your poison. Be with someone who is the ultimate scumbag or "be with" someone who is always physically or emotionally absent.

Is he though? He neglects his wife and child to the point he didn't even know who Sarada was. 

#47 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

Is he though? He neglects his wife and child to the point he didn't even know who Sarada was. 

The point is that it's better than Naruto. Sakura had no respect for herself to be with Sasuke, but she would have to have like negative -100000 respect to want to be with this worthless Naruto.

#48 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

The point is that it's better than Naruto. Sakura had no respect for herself to be with Sasuke, but she would have to have like negative -100000 respect to want to be with this worthless Naruto.

Yeah, but considering how different Sakura's personality is to Hinata, there's no telling how Naruto would have acted if everything went down the same, but he ended up with her over Hinata.

#49 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, but considering how different Sakura's personality is to Hinata, there's no telling how Naruto would have acted if everything went down the same, but he ended up with her over Hinata.

They're pretty similar. They both throw themselves at someone who doesn't want them, until that person eventually gives in and they both live miserable lives as a result of their irresponsible actions. And they raise children badly in the process. Anything else about them is pretty insignificant compared to that trait because it has such far-reaching implications on them and everyone around them.

Edited by DrK, 01 October 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#50 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

That's a fair point. When the manga ended i felt Sasuke being paired with Sakura was far worse. (I even felt it was more awful than Hinata being pared with Naruto)  ...Naruto has has gotten a lot worse since the end of the manga though. I don't know if Sasuke's really changed since then.

Sasuke seemed to always hold Sakura in contempt for the entire run of the manga. All he did was hurt her. Thinking back, I don't think Sasuke ever really resolved his issues or changed. Well.. He got punched in the head by Naruto a lot in the last few chapters.. and that's about as much internal resolution his character got. After that he gave a laughably weak sorry to Sakura.. but he seemed far too damaged to be in a intimate relationship with her.

What stands out in my memory from back then was when they were standing at the gates of the village. Sasuke outright said that he is leaving for his own reasons and wont take Sakura because of that... Which is the opposite of what the journey was supposedly about - atonement. If Sasuke had agreed to her terms.. or at the very least compromised and let her come.. then that would have marked a real change in him and could have allowed for the *possibility* of a positive relationship to begin. That point was never reached.

Personally I still feel Sakura is worse off with Sasuke than Naruto. In part because she gave up any sense of self respect, decency, or character growth to be with him. He isn't a father to Sarada or a husband to Sakura in any real sense. Also because of the more abusive and unbalanced nature of their relationship.

Having said all that I do think DrK makes a good argument that being with Naruto could be worse. So I guess it can be argued either way. Which is why i said it's like choose your poison.

Edited by Toy Ninja, 02 October 2018 - 10:41 AM.

#51 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

That, is the paradox though. WHY does this worthless scumbag that is an insult to scum, Nardo Scumzamaki exist in the first place? TO LOWER HIM to the standard that he would be the perfect husbaaandooo for Hinata Hyuga, the one dimensional, irrevelant dark horse of the series. And how does that work? Break off all relationships with EVERYONE THAT MATTERED to Naruto Uzumaki and turn it into an effing Shojo fanfic that makes this short hair jack@$$ see Hinata as the love of his life and most important bond above all others, even Iruka. This abomination was made to accommodate Hinata and was the failed brain gymnastics attempt to JUSTIFY why Naruto WOULD love and marry Hinata because EVERYONE WAS SAYING WTF to chapter 700. at least if Naruto had married Sakura in the first place and we all know they had EVERY REASON, at least Naruto wouldn't have turned in this hypocrite that has his maturity, emotional and inter-personal intelligence regressed to a goddamned 5 year old. Yes I know, who's to say the writing wouldn't turn out the same even if NaruSaku became canon because Brato needs drama? But at least we all know that a romance and marriage with Sakura wouldn't require burning the bridges of every relationship Naruto has ever made and destroying the audience's minds and sanity.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 October 2018 - 01:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#52 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Here, this pretty much sums up my thought on the series as a whole.

Finally, someone that gets it.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#53 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

https://www.animenew...ber-1-7/.137976

Oh right, forgot about this. The 6th Volume came out 96,221 number five on the chart its first week. Lets see: Vol. 3: 180k Vol. 4: 130k Vol. 5: 124k Now Vol. 6: 96k. So, it went down about another 30%. Sadly it still one of the better selling manga despite the what 90% lost in sales now. It really did have a long way to fall didn't it?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 December 2018 - 03:51 AM.

#54 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

https://www.animenew...ber-1-7/.137976

Oh right, forgot about this. The 6th Volume came out 96,221 number five on the chart its first week. Lets see: Vol. 3: 180k Vol. 4: 130k Vol. 5: 124k Now Vol. 6: 92k. So, it went down about another 30%. sadly it still one of the better sell manga despite the what 90% lost in sales now. It really did have a long way to fall did it?

The importan thing here is that its going down, we cannot expect it fall fast 'cuz there are a lot of Naruto's fan whom still supporter it

#55 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:49 AM

The importan thing here is that its going down, we cannot expect it fall fast 'cuz there are a lot of Naruto's fan whom still supporter it

I think it clear that people are getting bored of the manga. 6 volume so if 3 every volume they should be on 18. Which is, the testing of the ninja tech and the light(ning) saber. If it doesn't bounce back after they pull what ever they are going to be pulling with Nail; they are dead. The anime maybe holding it up since I don't know its numbers.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 October 2018 - 05:13 AM.

#56 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:44 AM

I think it clear that people are getting bored of the manga. 6 volume so if 3 every volume they should be on 18. Which is, the testing of the ninja tech and the light(ning) saber. If it doesn't bounce back after they pull what ever they are going to be pulling with Nail; they are dead. The anime maybe holding it up since I don't know its numbers.

The problems with Boruto are 1 a great part of the fandom just throwed boruto away because of the bad ending naruto has, 2 SP was expecting Boruto got same succes that naruto did, just because it has naruto in his name and 3 the history does not give anything new... and the kid has a lot of mejor mangas and animes like boku no hero, black clover, one piece, DB Super, etc.

#57 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

I just saw some spoilers for the new chapter and apparently its supposed to be super emotional. Naruto takes kawaki to inos flower shop maybe and we get a karasara "moment" and somehow naruto ends up hugging kawaki. Yes, hugging kawaki.. has naruto ever hugged his own son the way hes treating some strange, random kid? Dont even get me started on the cover of this whole mess of a chapter... just look at it!!

Just Why?

And heres naruto being a father to his future, possible murderer...

idk

And the alleged kawasara "moment"..

Again.. why?

#58 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

I just saw some spoilers for the new chapter and apparently its supposed to be super emotional. Naruto takes kawaki to inos flower shop maybe and we get a karasara "moment" and somehow naruto ends up hugging kawaki. Yes, hugging kawaki.. has naruto ever hugged his own son the way hes treating some strange, random kid? Dont even get me started on the cover of this whole mess of a chapter... just look at it!!

Just Why?

And heres naruto being a father to his future, possible murderer...

idk

And the alleged kawasara "moment"..

Again.. why?

The first image really bothers me that they drew a little girl like that.

The second image, is actually sort of funny. Who hugs people with one of their hands in pocket while making a face that looks like you're trying to do a number 2.

Or by having that hand there, he trying to tell us something else. :hehehe:

Edited by Nostradamus, 19 October 2018 - 03:40 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#59 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Oh that's this week great. I'll have the summary up I've read the translation.

#60 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

The first image really bothers me that they drew a little girl like that.

The second image, is actually sort of funny. Who hugs people with one of their hands in pocket while making a face that looks like you're trying to do a number 2.

Or by having that hand there, he trying to tell us something else. :hehehe:

It shouldn't be. Loli is big in Japan. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bored., The importance of a vase., Filler, Slow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users