Close
Photo

Why was Sasuke so cruel to Sakura in the end?

Sakura Sasuke

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

So I was wondering, since Kishimoto knew how the series was going to end, with SS together, why did he make Sasuke so outright mean to Sakura in the final chapters? Sasuke mocked her, left her for dead, called her caring for him a fantasy, and then stabbed her with a genjutsu through the chest. What good was that to the story? When Kishimoto has so often written things vaguely, in a way that could be interpreted in mutliple ways, what was the point of making Sasuke so unequivocally cruel? He saved her once in the end, but it was without the intent he had when saving Karin. It just seemed like something effortless he could do, not because he deeply wanted to because he cared about her.

So what was the purpose of Sasuke's cruelty? In the end, was it just to heighten the atmosphere of NS? Or was it to once and for all detonate Sakura's character once the truth came out and she accepted Sasuke? His behavior doesn't make Sasuke look like a saint either, so was it to reduce Sasuke and Sakura in the story, thus lend more validity and credibility to Naruto's choosing Hinata?

edit: a bit off topic - my autocorrect keeps changing Sasuke to Seasick - lol!

#2 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

SS is supposed to be the "dark tragic angsty" couple which is probably why Kikitten thought it was ok to go ahead and let Sasuke abuse Sakura. He knew Sasusaku fans would swallow that kitten anyway and still let it pass. I mean he continued to get fan letters supporting SS even after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura during the Summit arc right? He probably figured that fans wouldn't mind.

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

To make Twilight watchable.

#4 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Kikitten knew the Naruto fandom would support SS no matter what even if Sasuke raped Sakura and beat the kitten out of her on-panel. Hence why he thought it was ok to make the pairing canon.

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

Honestly, I can't say I know. The only way it even slightly makes sense is that he was rebelling against outside forces for possibly forcing him to write the ending the way it was. That cold be the explanation for all the mistakes, the terrible interviews, the retconning, and everything else. It could be his own way of rebelling by trying to discredit the ending. Deluded SS shippers continue to spout that nonsense that Sasuke was pushing Sakura away purposely and was trying to hide his feelings, but how do you hide what you never had?

It's possible that Kishi wrote it like that for the purpose of making it unbelievable, as he did with turning Naruto into scum, Sakura into a shallow hypocrite (i.e. her feelings being borne of a rivalry, yet that is acceptable for her), turning Hinata into the main character, etc. Either that, or he's an idiot.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#6 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

So I was wondering, since Kishimoto knew how the series was going to end, with SS together, why did he make Sasuke so outright mean to Sakura in the final chapters? Sasuke mocked her, left her for dead, called her caring for him a fantasy, and then stabbed her with a genjutsu through the chest. What good was that to the story? When Kishimoto has so often written things vaguely, in a way that could be interpreted in mutliple ways, what was the point of making Sasuke so unequivocally cruel? He saved her once in the end, but it was without the intent he had when saving Karin. It just seemed like something effortless he could do, not because he deeply wanted to because he cared about her.

So what was the purpose of Sasuke's cruelty? In the end, was it just to heighten the atmosphere of NS? Or was it to once and for all detonate Sakura's character once the truth came out and she accepted Sasuke? His behavior doesn't make Sasuke look like a saint either, so was it to reduce Sasuke and Sakura in the story, thus lend more validity and credibility to Naruto's choosing Hinata?

edit: a bit off topic - my autocorrect keeps changing Sasuke to Seasick - lol!

I just think in the long run, Sasuke always was cruel usually to Sakura, since he tended to find her annoying from square one, and also kept hurting her over and over again, and in his idiocy, Kishimoto-sensei was showing he meant for NS to happen because of Sakura seeing the worst in Sasuke yet again before he ended up selling out and letting Studio Pierrot dictate the ending essentially with the planning for The Last. X-P That's how I feel at least, Tricks.

#7 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Sakura is actually a very bad match for Sasuke since Sasuke is a boy who lost everything and was forced to become an adult at a young age while Sakura is a girl who had everything and was too naive to know it. Sasuke might end up resenting Sakura for having parents and not understanding him. She can't understand him because her family was not killed by the older brother she admired. Sasuke's one true love will always be his family and it makes me shake my head when deluded naive SS fangirls think Sakura can replace that.

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Sakura is actually a very bad match for Sasuke since Sasuke is a boy who lost everything and was forced to become an adult at a young age while Sakura is a girl who had everything and was too naive to know it. Sasuke might end up resenting Sakura for having parents and not understanding him. She can't understand him because her family was not killed by the older brother she admired. Sasuke's one true love will always be his family and it makes me shake my head when deluded naive SS fangirls think Sakura can replace that.

Considering that Sasuke seemed to hate Sakura early on for what she said about Naruto in regards to his not having parents and all, as well as her "annoying" crush on him.

#9 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

Considering that Sasuke seemed to hate Sakura early on for what she said about Naruto in regards to his not having parents and all, as well as her "annoying" crush on him.

And considering that Sakura only liked Sasuke because he was "hot" and thought it was "cool" how he devoted his life to killing his brother..Sasuke must have been even more offended and repulsed by her. Sakura really was an idiot back then. She was academically intelligent but was completely ignorant of the value of family and not taking things for granted.

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

And considering that Sakura only liked Sasuke because he was "hot" and thought it was "cool" how he devoted his life to killing his brother..Sasuke must have been even more offended and repulsed by her. Sakura really was an idiot back then. She was academically intelligent but was completely ignorant of the value of family and not taking things for granted.

Plus she didn't understand people very well, considering she always took what Sasuke said at face value because of his being the best, and always looked down on Naruto, thinking as if she knew him best, but she was so wrong since she knew NOTHING regarding Sasuke after so long, yet got to be more understanding toward Naruto, which is what pisses me off about the ending, that all that got thrown to the wind!

#11 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

Plus she didn't understand people very well, considering she always took what Sasuke said at face value because of his being the best, and always looked down on Naruto, thinking as if she knew him best, but she was so wrong since she knew NOTHING regarding Sasuke after so long, yet got to be more understanding toward Naruto, which is what pisses me off about the ending, that all that got thrown to the wind!

Yeah! That's the beauty of Sakura that she started off as this very naive selfish girl who grew up to see the wrong she did and devoted herself to making things right. She completely turned herself around even preferring Naruto over Sasuke but of course that got thrown out the window at the end. >.>

#12 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Yeah! That's the beauty of Sakura that she started off as this very naive selfish girl who grew up to see the wrong she did and devoted herself to making things right. She completely turned herself around even preferring Naruto over Sasuke but of course that got thrown out the window at the end. >.>

Honestly, the final impression I got was that Sakura never cared about Naruto. The way the manga ended made it seem that she really only considered Naruto a tool to get Sasuke back, as when Sasuke returned, Naruto didn't even exist to her. Another crime of the ending.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#13 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

purely drama purposes. for the oomph, lol.

kishi never wrote sasuke any characters in the story fairly. 

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Let's just say that Kishi didn't want this ending~, maybe it a hint, meant to tell us to look back and notice the OOC-ness. There is a stark contrast in SS interactions between these chapters and 699. I don't think it's a coincidence. Maybe the intent place these contrast together to further prove how much Sasuke has changed?

Or maybe because Kishi really likes the idea that "when a boy bullies you, it means he likes you!". I heard it all the time from teachers when I was a kid, and ps I hate it.

ナルサク

#15 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Let's just say that Kishi didn't want this ending~, maybe it a hint, meant to tell us to look back and notice the OOC-ness. There is a stark contrast in SS interactions between these chapters and 699. I don't think it's a coincidence. Maybe the intent place these contrast together to further prove how much Sasuke has changed?

Or maybe because Kishi really likes the idea that "when a boy bullies you, it means he likes you!". I heard it all the time from teachers when I was a kid, and ps I hate it.

Which would be dumb, but considering who we're talking about...

#16 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

Which would be dumb, but considering who we're talking about...

all the possibilities are dumb :argh:

ナルサク

#17 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Honestly, I can't say I know. The only way it even slightly makes sense is that he was rebelling against outside forces for possibly forcing him to write the ending the way it was. That cold be the explanation for all the mistakes, the terrible interviews, the retconning, and everything else. It could be his own way of rebelling by trying to discredit the ending. Deluded SS shippers continue to spout that nonsense that Sasuke was pushing Sakura away purposely and was trying to hide his feelings, but how do you hide what you never had?

It's possible that Kishi wrote it like that for the purpose of making it unbelievable, as he did with turning Naruto into scum, Sakura into a shallow hypocrite (i.e. her feelings being borne of a rivalry, yet that is acceptable for her), turning Hinata into the main character, etc. Either that, or he's an idiot.

Yes, I've wondered about this too, that maybe Kishimoto lost his enthusiasm for the series after his editors/SP chose Hinata as the central character over Sasuke. Kishimoto loooooved Sasuke, and the story really revolved around the Uchihas. But the anime was about the Hyuugas, and in the end Neji and Hinata were the important ones. Not Sasuke. 

I wonder if he just realized he'd lost the tug of war between the manga and anime, and he just washed his hands of it? Did what he needed to do to end it quick? Cause like I said, Sasuke really got the shaft too in the end. He wasn't even in the movie! (well, for half a second or so) Since when has that ever happened? Hinata is now the primary character, and Sasuke is now the forgettable character she was.

Yes, you'r right, Sasuke is not a good match for her. I've thought that too, that Sasuke's only real love was for his family. And when they died, it died with them. I could more easily see him getting with Karin, who represents adulthood and sex and no commitment, over Sakura, who represents the village and commitment and a family. As much as he talked about rebuilding his clan, I don't think that was ever a reality for him. Cleansing the Uchiha name, yes. But never starting another family. And that's probably why he's now out the door. Because Sakura and sasuke don't make sense together.

Yes, Sakura's character evolved. Out of the whole manga, only her's and Naruto's did. Hinata's didn't, no matter what her fans or shippers will say. She was still hyper focused on Naruto, even as her cousin's body was going cold at her feet. It's awful. Just really makes me think that Kishimoto gave up.

#18 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yes, Sakura's character evolved. Out of the whole manga, only her's and Naruto's did. Hinata's didn't, no matter what her fans or shippers will say. She was still hyper focused on Naruto, even as her cousin's body was going cold at her feet. It's awful. Just really makes me think that Kishimoto gave up.

Even when some characters' personalities would evolve, they would still be based on bad stuff, like Shikamaru with his guilt at "failing" Asuma when there was nada he could have done vs. Hidan to change the situation, and his still over-relying on his brains and intelligence rather than his gut instincts and such. It's why I feel Naruto and Sakura are among the few who grew the most in the series. Sasuke didn't so much since he just kept lashing out at the world whenever he learned something he didn't like, like his presuming EVERYONE in the Leaf was aware of what Itachi did, as well as others' inability to see the truth of it when they learned it, such as in Kakashi's case, and the fact he failed to see just like he did with wanting to destroy the Leaf, Itachi chose to protect it of his own accord. Even though you can also admit,. Tricks, that Obito "nudged" Sasuke in the direction to destroy the Leaf since he was trying to make Sasuke his successor, like Madara made him into his.

All in all, it's just sad how some characters' character stagnated, or got to grow in a wrong direction a lot of times in the series. :( :hug: :smooch: But there're fans like us out here who want to bring it up, who want to discuss the facts and also try to get to the bottom of it. If we didn't, it'd all be downhill for us since we know the ending's pathetic nature tied into how The Last handled things would just keep breaking us.

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Truth be told: we still be good even without the last two arcs.

#20 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

This story starting turning to kitten when it was revealed that Tobi was actually Obito (I was a firm supporter of Tobi = real Madara ) Kikitten obviously read the fan theorys on the internet and decided to go with it for the fans. He is such a kittening sell-out. It sucks that us Naruto fans got stuck with a coward like him. He is terrible at plot twists and doesn't plan them correctly.

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 22 January 2015 - 10:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura, Sasuke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users