1457 replies to this topic

#1361 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:26 PM

I do hope that we get to see how Misty and Brock do when they head to Alola, I mean from what a friend on my told me the Armourshipping fans the bad ones are pissed, demanding that Serena come back.

No offense to people who like Serena, I'm only talking about the darker side of the fans that ship her with Ash thinking that is all she is about, pairing fodder. Which I do find sad that this is what Anime has become now, it's all about the guy getting a sweet girl that won't do a single bad thing to the male.

I mean the Armourshipping fans are just like the NaruHina fans demanding that Serena is with Ash not caring about the storyline which is why many fans I've talked to don't like Serena, her whole purpose is to be the girl who pumps out a baby for Ash.

It's also why I have told them also to fight this and not stay in the dark and let Armourshipping become the next NaruHina mainly pointing the flaws Serena has.

I see there are Amourshipping like that, but do not worry I am not Amour like that XD. I have seen some nh fanboys/girls saying that nh is better than Amour.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1362 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

I see there are Amourshipping like that, but do not worry I am not Amour like that XD. I have seen some nh fanboys/girls saying that nh is better than Amour.

Well, that's good to hear then, I wish others would be like this, and not stuff that Serena is the greatest female character and everyone who loves pokemon should love Serena.

I mean you don't know how many times I see an Armour fan on another shipping art saying very BS things.

#1363 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:36 AM

Been a long time since i've been on this thread, and am well aware of what's been going with the pokemon anime community outside of being behind on Sun and Moon since I believe Episode 8 so my catchup marathon (which is alot lol) will probably happen sometime this week. You might be wondering why hold it off this long? Truth is I meant to get to it, but with most of my attention being towards my book and a web ani... (whoops secret!) I just put it on the back-burner.  

That being said, I was reminiscing on XY/XYZ series which I've said many times in my opinion is the peak for Pokemon anime, now don't get me wrong it's not without it's flaws yeah. The end result of the Kalos League while annoying I can at the very least appreciate that Ash was Runner-Up that has never happened before.  Sure we won Orange league and Battle Frontier, but those felt more like semi-leagues (at least with orange islands). However the series in a way was able to end things off on a high note with the Team Flare Arc, and ofcourse the way how the final Episode wraps up with Episode 47 since 48 is like an old tale story that is still great. 

The most important factor to me is Ash Ketchum was just awesome like legit he actually went through a huge ton of progression. It wasn't just an instant reset on his character (*cough* black and white  :sick: )  the guy truly felt like a protagonist something I honestly have really felt since Diamond and Pearl series. I love how the group here felt like a family, and it made me really care about each and every one of them. yeah max was cool in Advanced, but I was never really like invested.  Don't even get me started on Iris either..  Serena of course is still best girl of all the pokegirls and what i really appreciate about her is not just her chemistry with Ash, but the struggles she endures throughout the story too it makes me root for her all the way.  

Don't get me wrong I like many was there from the beginning with Season 1, and Misty was a good character. After a while though at least to me she just felt kind of there and before anyone asks did I ship Ash x Misty? I love their interactions sure, but I wasn't really like super hardcore like I was with NaruSaku. i just thought if they get together if not oh well. That was the same thing with May and Dawn. 

You might ask given my profile and sig, what was the draw to Amourshipping? It initially started off with the flashback between Ash and Serena from many years ago, but i was more interested in their friendship at first even with the date episode(s) (i think there a few) so what really changed? The chemistry to me just really stood out  slowly and once the episode came where Ash gave her the ribbon I knew my thoughts and it got increased with the episode where Ash was having and fever, and episode where Serena snapped at Ash about not being himself. Which finally brought us to the famous kiss between the two of them which I stated before was absolutely beautiful. 

Before a shipping debates starts, I have nothing against Pokeshipping in fact i respect everyone's opinion when it comes to ships. I just feel that Amourshipping is more natural.  but that's neither here nor there. 

That's pretty much all I've got to say at the moment, but I will leave my thoughts in waves regarding Sun and Moon throughout the weeks as i catch up just to see what's been going on.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#1364 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

Been a long time since i've been on this thread, and am well aware of what's been going with the pokemon anime community outside of being behind on Sun and Moon since I believe Episode 8 so my catchup marathon (which is alot lol) will probably happen sometime this week. You might be wondering why hold it off this long? Truth is I meant to get to it, but with most of my attention being towards my book and a web ani... (whoops secret!) I just put it on the back-burner.  

That being said, I was reminiscing on XY/XYZ series which I've said many times in my opinion is the peak for Pokemon anime, now don't get me wrong it's not without it's flaws yeah. The end result of the Kalos League while annoying I can at the very least appreciate that Ash was Runner-Up that has never happened before.  Sure we won Orange league and Battle Frontier, but those felt more like semi-leagues (at least with orange islands). However the series in a way was able to end things off on a high note with the Team Flare Arc, and ofcourse the way how the final Episode wraps up with Episode 47 since 48 is like an old tale story that is still great. 

The most important factor to me is Ash Ketchum was just awesome like legit he actually went through a huge ton of progression. It wasn't just an instant reset on his character (*cough* black and white  :sick: )  the guy truly felt like a protagonist something I honestly have really felt since Diamond and Pearl series. I love how the group here felt like a family, and it made me really care about each and every one of them. yeah max was cool in Advanced, but I was never really like invested.  Don't even get me started on Iris either..  Serena of course is still best girl of all the pokegirls and what i really appreciate about her is not just her chemistry with Ash, but the struggles she endures throughout the story too it makes me root for her all the way.  

Don't get me wrong I like many was there from the beginning with Season 1, and Misty was a good character. After a while though at least to me she just felt kind of there and before anyone asks did I ship Ash x Misty? I love their interactions sure, but I wasn't really like super hardcore like I was with NaruSaku. i just thought if they get together if not oh well. That was the same thing with May and Dawn. 

You might ask given my profile and sig, what was the draw to Amourshipping? It initially started off with the flashback between Ash and Serena from many years ago, but i was more interested in their friendship at first even with the date episode(s) (i think there a few) so what really changed? The chemistry to me just really stood out  slowly and once the episode came where Ash gave her the ribbon I knew my thoughts and it got increased with the episode where Ash was having and fever, and episode where Serena snapped at Ash about not being himself. Which finally brought us to the famous kiss between the two of them which I stated before was absolutely beautiful. 

Before a shipping debates starts, I have nothing against Pokeshipping in fact i respect everyone's opinion when it comes to ships. I just feel that Amourshipping is more natural.  but that's neither here nor there. 

That's pretty much all I've got to say at the moment, but I will leave my thoughts in waves regarding Sun and Moon throughout the weeks as i catch up just to see what's been going on.

You know Lucky before I read what you wrote I saw your Avatar and I asked  myself did something big happen with the Amour XD? Even i check YT to look what is happening. Then I read it and you came very inspiring mood that your changed your both images. Well ready for a strong debate XD.

#1365 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

You know Lucky before I read what you wrote I saw your Avatar and I asked  myself did something big happen with the Amour XD? Even i check YT to look what is happening. Then I read it and you came very inspiring mood that your changed your both images. Well ready for a strong debate XD.

That is kind of funny plus it's the two images i had before for my avatar and sig they are just great.   Haven't seen anything big on that for the youtube front with amourshipping. That and I'd rather have Serena if she were to show up again be in Gen 8 as opposed to Sun and Moon i think it would become too much of a nostalgia fest since Brock and Misty were introduced (even though I haven't seen those episodes yet) planning on continuing from where I left off today with Sun and Moon.    

strong debate, I'm prepared for the carnage pokeshippers have against me putting Amourshipping and Serena on a pedestal over their beloved ship and goddess Misty!!! SHIPPING WARS LETS GO!! :lmao:  :lmao:

JK wow makes me sound like a hypocrite from how i talked in the last post lol

We don't need nonsense here just a nice fun discussion on perspective nothing else more :D   

I didn't mention this last time, but I do like that technically none of the previous traveling companions showed up in the XY/XYZ anime series in order to be like remember this character!! It's able to help make the series stand on it's own without relying on events or characters from the past.  Yeah, Cillan did technically show up, but it wasn't until like the after everyone went there separate ways.  Which fun fact Pokemon XYZ  DVD Set 2  only goes up to Episode 48.  XYZ Episode 49 is the one where Cillian shows up, and that wasn't aired nor was it included here. 

m2226788.jpg

AAC0-cw3jKFfeinBq0mRLYyQZve92Fg9oSqMk3Bh

Which honestly is really really nice that it ends with the legend of X, Y, and Z episode.  I know it's been a good two years since XY/XYZ series ended, but damn was it just an amazing series overall. 

#1366 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

@LuckyChi7 I think I have to disagree with you on Serena being the best female in pokemon, to me, that's going to have to be Jessie we know more about her past then Serena, so I would have to say that Jessie is better developed than Serena is. 

As for the whole Serena and Ash knowing each other and people are saying they are the best of friends I have to disagree with that too most summer camps only last a week or even two, so they wouldn't have gotten to know each other that well not like Ash and Brock or Ash and Gary.

To me, I think Ash's best friend is Gray and Brock he knows more about them then Serena, I I kind of have to agree with Evil100 on this Serena is a little overrated in my eyes I get it she is the first to show her love out in the open and not hide it.

I mean whenever a story pops up not related to Serena pops up or art the Amour fans get way too out of hand. Another friend Don 77 on fanfiction was bullied off from doing anything pokemon related unless Serena was the main focus.

Is Serena the best pokegirl to ever show up in pokemon, sadly no again there is Jessie and now Lillie.

#1367 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:51 PM

Stop the debate for while because this.

#1368 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:02 AM

that was certainly something,  gonna keep my eye on it! 

#1369 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

that was certainly something,  gonna keep my eye on it! 

Looks like many people is not convince the video has many dislikes.  

#1370 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

@LuckyChi7 I think I have to disagree with you on Serena being the best female in pokemon, to me, that's going to have to be Jessie we know more about her past then Serena, so I would have to say that Jessie is better developed than Serena is. 

As for the whole Serena and Ash knowing each other and people are saying they are the best of friends I have to disagree with that too most summer camps only last a week or even two, so they wouldn't have gotten to know each other that well not like Ash and Brock or Ash and Gary.

To me, I think Ash's best friend is Gray and Brock he knows more about them then Serena, I I kind of have to agree with Evil100 on this Serena is a little overrated in my eyes I get it she is the first to show her love out in the open and not hide it.

I mean whenever a story pops up not related to Serena pops up or art the Amour fans get way too out of hand. Another friend Don 77 on fanfiction was bullied off from doing anything pokemon related unless Serena was the main focus.

Is Serena the best pokegirl to ever show up in pokemon, sadly no again there is Jessie and now Lillie.

I agree with you. Just like Hinata, Serena is mostly relevant for shipping/fan service (but even then, Serena is better. At least she could interact with Ash)

Sadly, she didn't have a proper goal. She spent tons of episodes not knowing what to do/blushing for Ash, then she wanted to be Kalos Queen (which was a lame contest wannabe based on popularity and not talent) then she wanted to make people happy? She didn't even get a full team. And though I'm not her fan, I think that was unfair, because I really liked her game/manga counterpart. She deserved better.

Heck, there was recent a poll about the cutest pokegirl (won by Misty, second May and third Serena) and all they could talk about third place was her crush (they also said Ash was a jerk for not returning her feelings. Kinda like Naruto being an idiot for ignoring Hinata) 

Edited by Yojeveka, 13 November 2018 - 04:22 PM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#1371 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:04 PM

I agree with you. Just like Hinata, Serena is mostly relevant for shipping/fan service (but even then, Serena is better. At least she could interact with Ash)

Sadly, she didn't have a proper goal. She spent tons of episodes not knowing what to do/blushing for Ash, then she wanted to be Kalos Queen (which was a lame contest wannabe based on popularity and not talent) then she wanted to make people happy? She didn't even get a full team. And though I'm not her fan, I think that was unfair, because I really liked her game/manga counterpart. She deserved better.

Heck, there was recent a poll about the cutest pokegirl (won by Misty, second May and third Serena) and all they could talk about third place was her crush (they also said Ash was a jerk for not returning her feelings. Kinda like Naruto being an idiot for ignoring Hinata) 

Not to mention that Misty and her sisters were abandoned by their parents.

#1372 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

if you guys ever wanted to listen to amazing pokemon remixes, or even megaman ones, the youtuber to check out is kokiremix.

I thought it would be impossible but today, he just did the hoenn elite four theme and surpassed the anime mix.

edit: also if you guys like mystery dungeon, I stumbled upon this remix in my recommended feed on youtube:

Edited by ultranx, 24 November 2018 - 12:04 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1373 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:58 PM

Not to mention that Misty and her sisters were abandoned by their parents.

yeah and then she's stuck watching the gym for her sisters while they're on that cruise. I think fans forget that she's the only female companion not following her dream. I mean sure, she's getting a lot of experience as a gym leader, but last I checked her dream is still to travel and become a water pokemon master, you can't do that with just being a gym leader. its why bringing her back actually makes sense more than bringing the others back because the others are following their dreams and have reasons to not come back to ash so soon because they have work in another region to do for their dreams, misty's the only one whose development towards her dream has been halted.

THIS, heck one pokeshipper  youtuber I know had a  child serena fan troll harass him for a video even going as far as making multiple accounts to stalk him.

EDIT: noone's posted it yet so I'll edt my comment to post it
brockmistyPokemonAnime-1038x576.jpg

brockmisty.jpg

misty and brock return to the anime in alola december 23rd.

Edited by ultranx, 25 November 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#1374 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:33 PM

Nice, this will be good I hope Misty will catch a new pokemon.

#1375 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

EDIT: noone's posted it yet so I'll edt my comment to post it

brockmistyPokemonAnime-1038x576.jpg

brockmisty.jpg

misty and brock return to the anime in alola december 23rd.

Of course :hehehe:

Edited by T XD, 06 December 2018 - 02:43 PM.

#1376 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

Okay, guys the trailer for the episode in which Brock and Misty come back is here.

#1377 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Okay, guys the trailer for the episode in which Brock and Misty come back is here.

so anyone see the 2 misty and brock episodes yet? any gundam fans will get a laugh out of this:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

ggundam02.jpg

186500405_728213.gif?4

behold, the meowth version of the dark gundam!! even controls like the g gundam mobile suits.

Edited by ultranx, 18 January 2019 - 03:43 AM.

#1378 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

also:

lol

#1379 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

Digimon fan has to do this, I mean I like  the shipping Pokemon, before I put something about shipping I thought someone interrupt my moment I put this that none talking about it XD.

#1380 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)