202 replies to this topic

#161 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Last Friday USA lost against Guatemala in their country for the qualifications for World Cup in Russia, next Tuesday they play again   Lid two questions:

Can USA win  VS Guatemala?

If USA lose again will Klinsman say goodbye?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#162 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

Um, I don't know? Haven't really been paying attention to it...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#163 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

Um, I don't know? Haven't really been paying attention to it...

I see, well man USA is in danger to lose the ticket to go to the World Cup.

#164 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

Ok then

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#165 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

Hey lid i wanna ask about digimon again since tai was unlucky with sora who do you want him to end up with? Personally i want him to end up with mimi and not some unoriginal moe chick that kinda reminds me of hinata. And i also hope tai will not be mistreated just so they could up matt in terms of attractiveness and getting girls to fall for him and in general. 

#166 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

More or less agree with what you're saying.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#167 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Wow, this section of the forum sure did lose steam didn't it? I guess I haven't posted much either  :sweatdrop:

Anyways, life has been pretty straightforward lately. Made it a full year back in Minnesota at my job here and it's going well. My newer website has been going well, too, now that it's backed by the company I work for.

As a side note, my old movie review website was more or less obsolete. So I decided to transfer all of my old reviews (Anything before 2016 back to 2008) to a wordpress for archiving. You can find it here. https://atmrarchive.wordpress.com/

Since there were more than 400 articles to transfer, it took quite a while. Plus there was the fact that some of my older reviews weren't as well written. More or less I started the site from scratch originally without much experience in writing other than what I had in high school, so there was some editing needed, lol.

They're all there now, though, and they're also edited.

Speaking of movies, this summer season.... wasn't very good. :sweatdrop:  There were some gems of course, but most were sub par.

For example, the following were all pretty poor:

• Mechanic Resurrection
  • Jason Bourne
  • Ice Age Collision Course
  • The Secret Life of Pets
  • Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
  • Legend of Tarzan
  • Independence Day Resurgence
  • Now You See Me 2
  • Warcraft
  • TMNT 2 

Some of the better movies of the summer, meanwhile, included:

• Captain America: Civil War
  • The Nice Guys
  • X-Men Apocalypse
  • The Shallows
  • Star Trek Beyond
  • Florence Foster Jenkins
  • Suicide Squad
  • Kubo and the Two Strings

Summer now, though, is coming to an end of course. A prime notice for this is that liquor stores are starting to replace summer beers with oktoberfest brews. Even though it may be a little early, I have had a few Oktoberfest beers already. For example, this weekend I had some Blue Moon Pumpkin Harvest Ale, a pretty good spicy beer!

I always enjoy the Oktoberfest/fall beers mainly because they have a rich, spicy flavor while still being refreshing, a good in between from summer and winter. 

This weekend I also tried a solid beer called Fulton Lonely Blonde American Ale, brewed right here in Minnesota! 
fulton_lonelyblonde_7.gif

This is what it looks like. The beer, as a blonde, is a very gold color and is quite tasty. It's a very creamy beer and has just the perfect amount of sweetness while also having a strong flavor. If I had one word to describe it, I would say smooth. It's just a nice, tasty smooth beer to drink.

Another sign that summer is coming to an end is the fact that football is finally back!

:w00t:  :woot:  :th_yeah:  :argh:  :wha:  :dance:  :boogie:  :happyfloat:

For those new to my blog, football is my favorite sport to watch (I actually have a game on now XD, Houston vs Arizona). In terms of the NFL, the Minnesota Vikings are a team on the rise with a fantastic defense and a developing quarterback. Hopefully they can win another division championship and beyond.

More specifically, though, my love for football mainly comes from the college level, and I'm beyond excited to watch the Minnesota Golden Gophers play again this Thursday. Their first opponent is against the Oregon State Beavers. Minnesota is trying to bounce back after a tough season last year, but I think it can be done. Getting past OSU will be crucial, though.

The rest of the opening weekend is crazy for college football, too. A ton of Power Five conference matchups. Here are the games I'm most looking forward to and my picks.
  • 8. Stanford vs Kansas State (PAC 12 vs BIG 12) - Stanford
  • 3. Oklahoma vs 15. Houston - Oklahoma
  • Rutgers vs 14. Washington (BIG TEN vs PAC 12) - Washington
  • 16. UCLA vs Texas A&M (PAC 12 vs BIG 12) - UCLA
  • 5. LSU vs Wisconsin (SEC vs BIG TEN) - LSU
  • 18. Georgia vs 20. North Carolina (SEC vs ACC) - North Carolina
  • 20. USC vs Alabama (PAC 12 vs SEC) - Alabama
  • 2. Clemson vs Auburn (ACC vs SEC) - Clemson
  • 10. Notre Dame vs Texas - Texas
  • 11. Ole Mis vs 4. Florida State (SEC vs ACC) - Ole Miss
  • Missouri vs West Virginia (SEC vs BIG 12) - West Virginia
  • Colorado vs Colorado State (Fun rivalry) - CSU

I'm also curious to see if my alma mater, Minnesota State University, can make some progress with their football team. While I was attending a few years ago, they were at the bottom of the Division II level, but over recent years their wins have increased and they're becoming more competitive. Hopefully that can continue.

So you may have guessed from my talk of fall beer and football that I love autumn, and you'd be right. It's by far my favorite season. It's usually a dry time, so there's not much to worry about in terms of snow, sleet or rain. The trees up here in Minnesota have leaves that turn all kinds of colors, making for gorgeous scenery. Plus, the temperatures are perfect, not too hot and not too cold. You can just wear a sweater and be comfy. It makes those grey, cloudy days even seem nice.

That's about it from me for now. I will probably post again in a couple weeks, though. Till next time.

:rainbowsheep:

Edited by Lid, 28 August 2016 - 10:27 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#168 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Back in the Twin Cities for another Golden Gophers football game!

As usual, I got a good view of Minneapolis

IMG_0352_zpsgt0dcmhs.jpg

And some swag  :cool:

IMG_0353_zpstwt95jqr.jpg

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#169 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hola H&E peoples! How about another blog on this fine Saturday.

As my last blog post stated, I went to a Gophers game, here are some sights

IMG_0357_zps6rquglnj.jpg

IMG_0358_zpsnwoksvzx.jpg

How bout this for a score  :cool:

IMG_0374_zpslckkhpgc.jpg

Gophers are on a bye week now this Saturday, so just have to enoy the rest of the matchups.

I also assembled my Evangelion figure I bought

IMG_0457_zps3idek270.jpg

I've also had another Oktoberfest recently, this time brewed by Summit in the great city of St. Paul, Minnesota.

summit-oktoberfest-beer-review.preview.j

This one is a beautiful amber and it has a stronger taste than other Oktoberfests I've had. There's a small hint of spice, a bit of a caramel flavor, it's both creamy and rich. 

In other news, I saw my favorite movie of 2016 so far yesterday, Hell or High Water. This flick, a modern western, stars Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges, and they all shine spectacularly. The dialogue is also well done and watching the story unfold is both exciting and suspenseful. Certainly recommend this one.

One more little note, I've been watching the new season of Shokugeki no Soma and wow, do I love this show. It's kind of nice seeing a shonen anime where there aren't as many 'stakes' if you know what I mean. It's not to say that what happens to the characters doesn't matter, but there's no *we need to save the world* or anything like that. In fact, it means that all of the stakes fall back on the characters and their goals, making the story that much more character driven. From what I've heard, this season only has 13 episodes, so I'm HOPING that it gets a third.

Oh, and am I the only one who loves the Soma x Ikumi pairing? I know it's not going to likely happen at the end, but I just enjoy it more than, say, Erina x Soma.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#170 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

Afternoon everyone! Hope Saturday is going well across the land of NaruSaku!  :happy:  Although the landscape certainly has shifted since our ship didn't come in first place, still nice to call this place home to support what could have been.

Anyways, did anyone go to the theater this weekend? I did and saw the Magnificent Seven. Didn't like it as much as the original and it was quite formulaic, but damn was it exciting. Solid action, acting was great and there was fantastic chemistry between the cast. Overall, I gave it a high 3 out of 5, it's certainly worth checking out on the big screen, even at a matinee.

Other than movies, I've continued to watch Shokugeki no Soma and have really liked the most recent episodes. Once again, I'm hoping for more stuff between Soma and Ikumi  :fu:

Oh, and by the way, as you know from a few posts ago, I bought Smash Bros. 64! I have unlocked all the hidden characters and I'm now trying to get the secret stage. Certainly takes a while getting used to the old N64 controls, response time isn't as fast and you can't pick up items while running. Still a classic, fun game, though.

In other news, my two football teams, the Gophers and Vikings are undefeated! I'm writing this just after the Minnesota Golden Gophers defeated Colorado State 31-24. Certainly closer than I would have liked, in fact I was screaming at the TV a few times  :sweatdrop:  A win is a win, thought, and they're undefeated heading into Big Ten conference play.

I also tried a new beer today! It's called Willy Vanilly, a wheat ale brewed by Alpine Beer Company out of San Diego, Cal.

AlpineWillyVanillyLarge-042916_1.jpg?v=1

It pours somewhat foggy and it's a light shade of gold in a glass. It has a very rich and creamy taste with a lot vanilla. Overall, it's a sweet beer and nice to have as a sort of dessert or treat.

Well, that's about it for now. Going to spend the rest of the day chillin, having some brews, listening to music and watching more football. 

Till next time.

:rainbowsheep:  :rainbowsheep:  :rainbowsheep:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#171 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hey everyone, happy Sunday Funday! Hope everyone's doing well, because it's time for another Lid Blog post!

I had to deal with some heartbreak last night unfortunately. My favorite team, the Minnesota Golden Gophers, lost in overtime to Penn State University.

Here's how it happened

Needless to say, I was pretty upset about it. MN was 3-0, undefeated and looking pretty good. They had so many chances to win and it just slipped away.  :confused:  :umm: :bash:   :wallbash:  :cry:  -_-  :sad:  :unsure:  :facepalm:  :arg:  :dry:

Of course I know, you win some and you lose some, but man, Minnesota has lost a lot of times like this, and damn does it sting.

But, as they say, you gotta keep on keepin on. It's on to the next game vs the University of Iowa, and hopefully the Gophers turn it around.

In other news, this past weekend I saw Deepwater Horizon, and in my view, it was another 3 out of 5 movies, which there have been plenty of lately. The movie had some OK performances and a lot of suspense, but they didn't go too far into the aftermath of the oil spill and John Malkovich overacted way too much. That said, it was an exciting time at the theater and the situation alone will keep a person invested. 

Speaking of watching, I also saw the finale of Shokugeki No Soma/Food Wars Season 2. Jeez, I do sure hope we get a third season. I've loved the anime so far, it's been funny, exciting and the characters all seem to be developing nicely. In the meantime, I'm definitely going to have to check out the manga.

Keeping on the anime/animation side of things, I'm also getting excited for the next volume of RWBY, which drops in late October. (Spoilers in this post about RWBY)

CtUCAbRUEAAhzGv.jpg

I can't wait for the next season. Hopefully Yang gets a new robot arm and gets revenge while Jaune becomes more of a warrior and a leader. Especially now that he has to avenge Pyrrha. Most importantly, I am looking forward to seeing team RWBY eventually reunite again.

On a side note, though, because of what happened to Pyrrha in volume 3, where my ship essentially sunk, I am officially changing allegiances. Today, I am proud to announce my coming aboard the Jaune X Weiss ship for the foreseeable future. 

Another thing I wanted to mention in this blog was for anyone that has Twitter. I've found a great account to follow that just posts bootleg stuff and just happens to be called bootleg stuff: https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff

Witness the horror:

Ctx1JZCVIAU-Dc2.jpg

Cth6dN5XgAAaYD2.jpg

CtYhaT5WYAA_RhB.jpg

CtOBMYsUMAEl-u0.jpg

People will do anything to make a buck, huh.  :laughcry:  :lol:  :lulz:

Now before I go, I couldn't leave you without another beer review, so this is what I have this time around. Goose Oktoberfest by Goose Island brewing company of Chicago. 

gooseislandoktoberfest.jpg?1441902291

As expected, this one of course has the classic Oktoberfest look. It's a deep, dark amber color when you pour it in a glass and definitely has the taste of malts. However, it's just a bit more hoppy than your average Oktoberfest. Also, the beer label says it has hints of apricot, but I'd say it's more than just a hint. The apricot flavor is very noticeable.

Overall, it's a good, tasteful beer, one that a person may try if they're looking for a little different take on an Oktoberfest.

That's it for now, until next time

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#172 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

Well, my team, the Minnesota Golden Gophers, lost another one today. Heartbreaker, as usual.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Other than that, I suppose my Saturday has been going alright. I've played some Smash Bros 64 and have re-fallen in love with it. The controls are a little slower than its Wii U counterpart, but the game is still super fun.

In all the other Smash games, I use Link, but in 64, Kirby is my man.

275791-super_smash_kirby.jpg

Although, I still use link from time to time.

250px-SSB64_Congratulations_Link.jpg

Other than that, I've also been writing some pieces for my movie site about horror movies recently. Here are some links:

Celebrating performances of Lugosi and Lee as Dracula

Celebrating Anthony Perkins' performance in Psycho

Celebrating Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining

Other performances I'm going to look at this year range from Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs and Robert Englund as Freddy Kruger in the Nightmare on Elm Street series. 

Speaking of scary related things, I also have to get a pumpkin carved for Halloween! And for the first time, I have a balcony to put my jack-o-lantern on!  :th_yeah:

Oh, going back to movies for a moment, I saw the Girl on the Train yesterday, and it wasn't that good to be honest.  :confused: It was a really mediocre thriller that barely had any energy or momentum. Even with a good performance from Emily Blunt, it felt rather dry.

As usual with my blog, I couldn't let you go without a beer review.  :wink:  This time around I tried Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Style Ale.

founders-dirty-bastard-ale1.jpg

This is sort of an interesting brew. It says on the bottle that it has seven types of malts and that comes through heavily. This is a beer that's much more about the malts than it is about the hops. It has a strong aftertaste and there's certainly a bit of a fruit flavor to it. This one has an alcohol content of 8.5, so it has a kick. On its aftertaste, there's a bit of caramel.

And just because I enjoy making people laugh, here are more funny pictures.

CuQzeYwWcAMYv5i.jpg

CuNA660XEAA9CFf.jpgCt2TRsMUAAAYO0o.jpg

CtydL8UWYAAxCX6.jpg

Well, that's about it for now. I'm going to watch my alma mater Minnesota State University tonight and see if they can win.

Till next time

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#173 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

Gasp! More than 10 days since my last post in my blog, yikes! 

Anyways, I've been plenty busy, that's for sure. Working as a journalist during the election keeps things going every day in the newsroom. Lots more work to do tomorrow, also.

Another thing I've been busy with is my movie site's Halloween Horror Fest, here's a couple more links:
Celebrating Duane Jones’ Performance in Night of the Living Dead
Celebrating Max Von Sydow’s Performance in The Exorcist
Celebrating Boris Karloff’s Performance in Frankenstein

It's just too bad that Halloween is on a weekday this year, I like it better on a weekend  :cry:

The Holiday is certainly coming up quick, though, I can tell by all the leaves finally falling off the trees now. They were really nice this year, lots of red and gold, it was great while it lasted.

Another sign that the season is moving by is football. Last time I posted on here, the Golden Gophers were on a bit of a skid. However, they've now won two in a row!  :woot:  :party:   :w00t:  (Although, the last game was WAY closer than I expected  :sweatdrop:  )

And of course, y'all know that I've tried a couple of new beers since my last post.

First up is Sam Adams Hoppy Red.
image_thumb.png?imgmax=800

This one certainly lives up the name, the hops in this one produce a strong bitterness. However, there's also a distinct sweetness going on, too. Pretty good.

Next was Sam Adams Bonfire Blonde

Samuel-Adams-Bonfire-Blonde.jpg?fit=900%

This one was disappointing. There's a lot of spicy flavor in this beer, but what kills it was the smokey taste it had. Living up to its name, it had a total smokey taste on every sip. I like a smokey flavor in BBQ, not in beer.

Finally, the last beer in the variety pack was Sam Adams Maple Ale.

Samuel-Adams-Maple-Ale.jpg

Once again, this lives up to the name. The taste has caramel, vanilla and most importantly, a lot of maple sweetness. It's a very crisp beer and nice for a cool fall day.

Last one was Agave Wheat Ale by Breckenridge Brewing company based in Colorado.

Agave-Wheat.png

A classic cloudy wheat ale that pours a pure gold. This is another very sweet beer with a nice finish. Overall, not the best wheat ale I've had, but a nice brew still.

NEXT point I wanted to touch on is RWBY finally coming back with Volume 4!  :dance:  First episode was solid, a nice teaser for the season.

Spoiler

Finally, I want to leave you all with more bootleg stuff, because it's hilarious XD

CvY30bOVUAAhluH.jpg

CvcHjHnWYAAn9DD.jpg

CvUZE6mW8AAqFMe.jpg

Cu7PeHBWIAAlK-P.jpg

Until next time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#174 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

I saw Saori there  :lulz: . True about Ash is going that way.

#175 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

I'm so happy to have a dream realized.

I always wanted a place with a balcony. When I was in Fargo attending Minnesota State University, my apartment didn't have a balcony. When I was in the last city, my apartment didn't have a balcony.

Now, I FINALLY have a balcony in the city I currently live in and I love it! It's so nice being on an upper floor looking out over the highway and seeing the beautiful forests!

Right now I'm just enjoying a beer, listening to 90s rap and enjoying the nice fall breeze on my balcony! 

BTW bigger blog post coming this weekend as usual... ; )

Edited by Lid, 28 October 2016 - 09:49 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#176 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hola NaruSaku peeps! How's everyone doing this fine Sunday? Time for another blog post!

I'm going to start off today with my thoughts on the most recent episode of RWBY from Volume 4.

RWBY Spoiler

Besides that I also wrote another Halloween Horror Fest performance piece:

Unfortunately, this project plus my regular job have kept me away from the theater so I haven't seen as many movies lately.  :sweatdrop:

One good thing that's been nice these last few weeks is the Golden Gophers winning. Minnesota won another game yesterday, beating Illinois.

I've probably said it before, but I have to say it again. Halloween being on a Monday SUCKS! It's so much better when Halloween is on a Friday/Saturday. There's just more of a festive atmosphere.

Now it's right on to Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. With that, though, comes the colder weather. It's become certainly chilly sitting out on the balcony now a days, but I still enjoy it.

Also, with the cold weather comes hockey, and I went to see a game last night, it was super fun!
FullSizeR_zpsezxagtlp.jpg

Cv-XyQ0UIAA6MbY.jpg

As per usual, I've also tried a new beer recently. this one was New Belgium Abbey Ale.

abbey_l.jpg

This one had a really flavorful impact on each sip and there's some sweetness there making it go down smooth. There's just a hint of bitterness, but it's definitely more on the sweet side I think. Overall, it's a complex beer with a lot going for it.

And since it's becoming a bit of a tradition, here's some more bootleg stuff.

CvrEtlDWcAAZVsk.jpg

CvkBPdJUMAAPIMF.jpg

CvfvELwW8AA6JHm.jpg

That will be it. Till next time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#177 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

Good morning and happy Sunday NaruSaku peeps! Hope everyone is doing super well. I'm just sitting out on my balcony right now enjoying the perfect weather, sunny, not a cloud in the sky and a great balance between warm and cold.

Cwl4zMyUoAEwBPR.jpg

Here's the view I'm looking out at as I write this.  :happy:

This peaceful morning comes after a pretty nice weekend so far. Thursday and Friday I watched some new movies, including Doctor Strange, Trolls and Hacksaw Ridge.

Outside of the cinema, I watched the latest episode of RWBY yesterday...

RWBY Spoiler

Another thing I watched this weekend was the trailer for the movie Passengers.

I missed it earlier when it debuted. I have to say I'm looking forward to it. I love it when sci-fi explores themes such as romance, like the 2013 movie Her did. Plus, the lead performers are usually solid in everything they're in. I think it will be pretty good.  :thumbsup:

One thing that made my Saturday really enjoyable was watching my team, Minnesota Golden Gophers win its fourth straight conference game!  :D  :w00t:  :th_yeah:  :party:  :dance:

Unfortunately, the schedule gets really tough coming up, taking on top teams like Wisconsin and Nebraska. :unsure:  Hopefully, we can steal a win.  :sweatdrop:

I also tried another beer, going with New Belgium again. This time, it was their Trippel Ale.  :thumb:

new-belgium-six-trippel.jpg

Not the most complex beer I've had, but there was plenty going on. There was some spice in the taste and overall, the beer was smooth and quite sweet. It also had a very foamy feel, which fit with its flavor.  :happy:

And finally, continuing my new tradition, here are some more bootleg photos.  :lol:  :lol:

Cwi5jEjWgAAwKxj.jpg

CwiERFAXUAASVop.jpg

Cwc6XnpXEAAJ_j-.jpg

CwevI84XUAE9EaS.jpg

CwW3orxUcAA69Gf.jpg

That's it for now, catch ya next time!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#178 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hey NaruSaku fans! It's been a while, huh? One thing is for damn sure, the weather has completely changed in my area here in northern Minnesota. 

We just had a major blizzard roll through the area on Friday, bringing a lot of rain, snow and ice to the area. Here's some pictures I took in the aftermath Friday evening:

CxuV6RhVEAAgqBN.jpg

CxuV6RdUkAAjbpT.jpg

CxuV6RdUoAAIsl_.jpg

CxuV6RcUsAAOzlQ.jpg

Another sign that winter is here and fall is coming to a close is that football season is winding down, at least in college terms. It's been a nice season for the Minnesota Golden Gophers, too, they're 8-3 now, their fourth 8 win season in three years.  :thumbsup:  :dance:  :boogie:  :eager:  :spaz:  :w00t:

Next week Minnesota plays its biggest rival, the Wisconsin Badgers. The Gophers haven't beaten them since 2003, so hopefully we can win and get back this trophy:

zhecijytskjchwl.20070201233946.jpg

It will be tough, though, Wisconsin is one of the best teams in the country. But, I'm still a bit optimistic that the Gophers can give them a good fight.  :thumb:

What I'm not as optimistic about anymore are the Minnesota Vikings. After a super great start, they've lost four in a row. So, they really have to turn on the jets if they want to make a playoff run.  :ermm:

Now that it's pretty much winter I've also tried some different beers since my last post! :D  Quite a few were included in a Sam Adams Variety pack:

Chocolate_BDLB.png

First up was the chocolate bock and this one certainly lived up to its name. This beer was very chocolatey and quite sweet, but it works for what it was going for. It's a very dark, creamy beer and there's a hint of vanilla. This is one that's good as a sort of dessert beer, one to enjoy after a nice meal.

1881.jpg

This is more of a complex beer and it has quite a bit going. It has plenty of spices to make it flavorful but is also a bit sweet to make sure things are balanced out.

image_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png?imgmax=80

This is one of the better IPAs I've had. There was a bitterness there but also a hint of sweetness making for a beer with a kick but is still smooth

goose-island-winter-6.gif

In terms of sweetness, this might be one of the most for winter ales. This beer had a taste with both some chocolate and fruit. There is a note of bitterness, though, so this one is very well balanced.  :happy:

Other than watch football and enjoy some brew this weekend, I also watched the new RWBY episode, here are my thoughts.

RWBY New Episode Spoiler

Also, continuing the tradition, here's some more bootleg photos  :lol:

CwwARpvWEAAR5cJ.jpg

CxmgyswUkAARbNW.jpg

CxkIp8MVQAMbkCa.jpg

CxQ5E2AXUAA2PH_.jpg

CxGNfNfXEAAUkaQ.jpg

I think that's all for now, till next time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#179 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:54 PM

What I'm not as optimistic about anymore are the Minnesota Vikings. After a super great start, they've lost four in a row. So, they really have to turn on the jets if they want to make a playoff run.  :ermm:

Well, looks like my wish came true, Vikings won today!  :w00t:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#180 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

Sup H&E peeps! Been a little while since my last post, but I did get a little busy, lately. Looks like this part of the forum got a boost from Black Rose, though, so that's nice.

Anyways, lately I've been watching my favorite football teams..... all lose.  :confused: Well, it's not all bad. Although the Minnesota Golden Gophers lost (AGAIN :bash:   :wallbash:  :cry: ) to Wisconsin, they finished the regular season 8-4 and got invited to San Diego! 

Cy3Kc2SXUAAdw_n.jpg

They're going to play Washington State University later this month in the Holiday Bowl! Hopefully they can cap the season with a win.

The Vikings, meanwhile, have less to celebrate. After starting 5-0, they're now 6-6, so if they want a shot at the playoffs they're going to need a great four game run. Season's not over though.

One area I"m more excited about is basketball! So far the Gophers are 7-1, which is a gigantic turn around from last year when they only won eight games.

A real bright spot for me, though, has been my alma mater's team, the Minnesota State University Dragons, going on a roll in basketball.  :dance:

Since graduating, (go figure  :arg: ) the team has won three division championships, one conference championship and a regional championship earning them a trip to the Division II Elite Eight. This year, they're on a winning streak again at 7-1. This was one of their wins: 

It's great to see because when I was going to school there, the word "championship" was the last thing on a person's mind.

Outside of watching sports, I've been watching movies and movie award shows! It's award season and that's really going to keep me busy. This weekend alone I traveled to the Twin Cities and watched three movies, here are the reviews:

Manchester by the Sea Movie Review

Loving Movie Review

Moonlight Movie Review

On another note:

RWBY Spoiler

So, on my last point, the best thing about waiting a while to do a blog post is that I get to share a whole bunch more bootleg photos with y'all!!!  :lmao:

CwDF3XGWEAAmBiO.jpg

Bort Sempsin  :hehehe:

CytalbUUkAA78A5.jpg

Master Fighter, a masterpiece  :twitch:

CyqiE3PUkAE4xYo.jpg

Pet Elf Go, gotta catch 'em all  :chuckle:

CyryLQYXAAYvcU8.jpg

Mamma Mia!  :sweatdrop:

CynZR-4W8AAcubN.jpg

Who needs Naruto?  :ninja:

CyiuxIwUAAAOI1J.jpg

If you liked Mario, you'll love Somari  :thumb:

CyZdSTQXgAAdACP.jpg

The sequel everyone's been waiting for!  :eager:

CyryLQgWgAAFHwC.jpg

CyixM4OUUAAjaQO.jpg

These are my original characters Pasta and Pickles the Hedgehogs! Do not steal!  :rawr:

Allllright, I think that's about all I can do. 

Until next time! 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users