• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

This is a rant I made about the absolute ultimate reason NaruSaku will become canon. IMO, it feels like the most solid, based entirely on logic, and has much less debatable holes in it. Now I don't usually make a whole thread about my rants, but this one just felt like one of my best. :)

I'm not even saying this as a NaruSaku fan really. More like a story interpreter and writer. Prepare for ground-breaking logic:

Anti-fans often bring up arguments like "Hinata deserves Naruto because she always loved him", "Sakura's always loved Sasuke", NaruSaku will never happen and usually like Hinata better because she never hated Naruto.

We hear this all the time, right? Well here's the truth:

These people completely misinterpret the story, NaruSaku's purpose, and the themes 

NaruHina being canon does not follow the themes of the story. Hinata was the first person outside of his parents to ever truly care about him, true. But this isn't pro-NH. In fact, the very reason Hinata is this outlier is what works against her.

From the very start, Naruto's character has been about having a bunch of goals or desires that seemed impossible but were gradually earned through hard work. That's the key word there: earned. Hinata was never something he had to earn.

Naruto always had a vague interest in love, but the journey to get it is meant to be challenging and difficult. Hinata being the "easy road to take" is not only unlike Naruto's character but also spits on his character theme and by default the story theme:

"Even if things seem impossible, if you work hard enough to get it and never give up, it will eventually go your way."

On a basic level, this is the message Kishi wants to relay to the audience. What NH implies is to look for a girl that is already there. Now this is not exactly a bad thing, but for the context of this story it leaves a hollow message. It would just be out of place if Naruto got all his other goals (Being Hokage, saving Sasuke, village acknowledgement etc.) after going through obstacles except love that for some reason is just handed to him.

There's also a common belief of the SS fandom that Sasuke will get everything and because of that he will get Sakura. But this is not Sasuke's purpose in anything at the very end and the love triangle is no exception. In fact, Sasuke's presence actually strengthens NS's tie into the themes.

Sasuke is a rival. His journey is also a direct antithesis of Naruto's. He started out with acknowledgment and being favored over Naruto, but gradually lost this as Naruto takes it after starting with nothing.  Naruto's also personally marked Sasuke as his rival. But Sasuke had everything he wanted: popularity, acknowledgment, talent, and Sakura's affection. And even more than that, Sasuke has become a severe obstacle to Naruto's goals at some point or another.

Naruto's Goals:

1). Being Hokage

2). Saving Sasuke

3). Reuniting Team 7

4). Having Sakura's love

.... Interestingly enough, Sasuke blocks all of this from happening or makes it very difficult. He is literally a textbook example of a true rival. So ... this is bad? No. Sasuke is supposed to get in the way, but with the theme "achieving goals through time and determination" Naruto will surpass Sasuke one day and have what he wants in his own way. Sasuke---and everything/everyone he affects---are all temporary for the sake of themes and drama.

Now ask yourself this. If we know Naruto will accomplish his first 3 goals ... then why is Sakura suddenly an exception to the rule? There is no reasonable argument for it. Because she still loves Sasuke/has feelings/thinks she still loves him? There's a theme reason for that and it's not anti-NaruSaku. I will say it again:

"Sasuke is SUPPOSED to get in the way, but with 'achieving goals through TIME and DETERMINATION', Naruto will SURPASS him and have what he WANTS in his own way."

People often hate on NS for Sakura's initial hate of Naruto and her love for Sasuke so they prefer Hinata. That's fine, but when you argue canon for NH/SS you're completely misinterpreting the purpose of Sakura's behavior and why it started off the way it did. You're not appreciating the theme behind it or even the story theme to a certain point.

Naruto sets goals. He wants things, but it looked near impossible at first and is actually still difficult. In this example, Sakura's love for Sasuke and how long it's taken for her to move on and she might even still be in the process of it. No matter if you like it or not, this is once again a perfect example of his rivalry with Sasuke and having to jump through hoops for a more fulfilling pay-off. Re-read my message quote and you will know this fits.

Sakura's hate of Naruto? Same thing. It served the exact same purpose as Sasuke in their rivalry. Since Naruto wants Sakura, it has to be difficult. You can say love is a different case, but it's really not. Especially since, just like everything else he desires, Sakura has warmed up to him in a increasingly noticeable degree. It's not just "she acknowledges him as a friend". She should acknowledge him in a love way to compliment Naruto's character and the themes.

If Kishimoto cared about the hard work theme on Naruto's main goals and makes a pairing canon, NaruSaku will undoubtedly happen. NaruSaku canon fits perfectly with Naruto's and the story's main themes.

Sakura is a reflection of the themes. And it's not just in my own opinion. Remember the Pain arc?  Naruto was finally acknowledged as a hero and regarded with genuine potential to be Hokage. Coincidentally, instead of Hinata ("the easy way"), Sakura was the one who hugged him in a way that seemed more than friendship. Just like almost everyone else, she disliked him first but acknowledged him. So Sakura does embody the main Naruto theme, but unlike the others it's hinted she represents the romantic side.

I've never found a better argument for NS than the story's own themes. It just makes me more and more reassured NaruSaku will be canon.

(I thank a particular SS fan who accidently made me fully realize this :P )

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:08 AM

+1 for the effort. I always amaze with your writing skill romance girl.

#3 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

+1 for the effort. I always amaze with your writing skill romance girl.

In almost every post she does a easy  for a GED Test, I would like if can add a litte more  of NS vs open ending.

Edited by Liu bie, 18 September 2014 - 03:58 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

Bravo. Reminds me of some of the points Win-chan mentioned in her rant too. Another main reason we support NaruSaku: the major themes. This was a great rant, and totally correct :)

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

this was a great post, it was amazing actually, I noticed this with all your posts.
😃
Me as a person always grew up with that motto in my head.
"Even if things seem impossible, if you work hard enough to get it and never give up, it will eventually go your way."
I believe in that full heartlessly that's why I have 4 goals and I'll never ever give up.
1. Win over Brittney's love and always keep her happy
2. Make it to the NBA.
3. Become a comic book artist/writer after I retire from the NBA
4. Bring peace to this world
that quote is real life, people just have to have the guts and positivity to never give up.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#6 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

I could use this against a NH and SS fan on Youtube

#7 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

I could use this against a NH and SS fan on Youtube

I swear to god, I see you on youtube all the time!

Anyways, this was great, no surprise.

#8 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

I swear to god, I see you on youtube all the time!

Anyways, this was great, no surprise.

Lol feel free to back me up on Youtube when I argue against a NH/SS fan

#9 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

Thanks everyone! :happy: I've been thinking about the themes reason for a while and I just felt I had put it all together for the NS fans. Now I know there's still a possibility of NaruSaku not happening, but if we look at it from a themes angle it really does seem like they're the only way to go in the context of the story. I get why fans prefer Hinata over Sakura for Naruto, but the pairing itself just doesn't fit into this story with Naruto's character the way he is. If NH ever happened, it would be betraying Naruto's character themes.

There is also the fact some fans pay way too much attention to Sakura's feelings for Sasuke and how Naruto struggles getting her affection, but don't look past their own dislike or pairing bias for the reason why.

I was debating a SS fan once who seemed to believe Sasuke would get everything (including Sakura) because of Naruto's obsession with him, but the conversation made me realize Sasuke's purpose was to be a temporary road block in every way. Literally. I never thought of that part too deeply. That SS fan inspired this rant lol. :P

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#10 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

Thanks everyone! :happy: I've been thinking about the themes reason for a while and I just felt I had put it all together for the NS fans. Now I know there's still a possibility of NaruSaku not happening, but if we look at it from a themes angle it really does seem like they're the only way to go in the context of the story. I get why fans prefer Hinata over Sakura for Naruto, but the pairing itself just doesn't fit into this story with Naruto's character the way he is. If NH ever happened, it would be betraying Naruto's character themes.

There is also the fact some fans pay way too much attention to Sakura's feelings for Sasuke and how Naruto struggles getting her affection, but don't look past their own dislike or pairing bias for the reason why.

I was debating a SS fan once who seemed to believe Sasuke would get everything (including Sakura) because of Naruto's obsession with him, but the conversation made me realize Sasuke's purpose was to be a temporary road block in every way. Literally. I never thought of that part too deeply. That SS fan inspired this rant lol. :P

Not happening? Reread what you just said lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, NaruSaku proof, rant, Anti-NaruHina, Anti-SasuSaku, themes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users