• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#21 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

CN over here doesn't air any anime at all. As far as I know, the closest we get is the english dubs with norwegian subtitles (thank god). We did get Pokemon and Digimon in norwegian though, so the most mainstream series will probably get a dub. The norwegian subbed Naruto was released on DVD a couple of weeks ago, and the subs are HORRIBLE. I don't want to see that happen to One Piece!

Anyway... we still have Toonami, so maybe we're just a bit behind in failure and will catch up sometime soon?

Another Canadian cartoon I enjoy is Martin Mystery!

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Nov 5 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hellz yay! Love that show too! 111191.gif

Canadians and French made good cartoons :3

#23 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 4 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will always be a want and need for cartoons, and just because it may not show the cartoons you want to see anymore, doesn't mean that there aren't tons of others who enjoy watching what's on. If your 'prediction' came true, then where would we watch Naruto. Or Bleach. Or Code Geass. Or Star Wars Clone Wars. Or Chowder. Or any of the other shows that are all still doing well on CN.

I call bust on your prediction.

I don't know about chowder, but there is an anime channel.

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 5 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about chowder, but there is an anime channel.

If you referring to the Anime Network, that channel is not one of the free ones. That channel is like a PPV, which just pissed me off.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Nov 5 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Martin Mystery, great Canadian show, as for this show, I'm not too into it because latley I don't watch TV, just go to YouTube for Anime and play video games... depressing...

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#26 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

I did not realize this. I haven't been heavy into TV with all the work I have and the fact that I just usually play games when I am home. This is sad. I've been following Toonami since high school when it started. Even Adult swim has lost me in many ways with cutting down the anime and having a bunch of poorly made unfunny comedies now, which is one of the reasons I cut down drastically on my TV watching. Sheesh, CN and even G4 were so awesome back in the day. Wish we can get a good anime/video game TV station here in the US.

#27 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

Is there no low that Cartoon Network won't sink to? I stuck by Cartoon Network when I was little because it had all these great shows. They did away with most if not all of them but I still watched it. But then they did the unthinkable and killed Toonami. Well I'm here to say that I will not watch this abomination of a cable television network again.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#28 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

Hmm, well I'll have to take a neutral side on this, I never watched a whole lot of CN, even when I was a kid (I didn't watch a whole lot of TV period) so I can't say that I'm opposed to this new development. Though I admit, most of what I may find on the channel can rather work up the gag reflex. But lets be honest here folks, It's a kids network, I can't understand the need, as grown mature individuals to criticize a TV show not in fact meant for our age group. Or, even if it potentially is, do you really think that the makers of this expect us to watch it? It's for the kids, if the kids like it then leave it alone, no one is asking to watch CN, especially since so many of you seem to despise it's very existance.

#29 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

I used to live in America, and I used to love CN. I watched Anime before I even knew what Anime was o.o I don't get Teletoon where I live, I get YTV. YTV shows anime, but they don't go ahead of CN, and right now, we're only on episode 165. I'm hoping that they're speeding it up, now that CN is almost done the dreaded fillers, coz they're skipping Bleach, Blue Dragon, and Zatch Bell, to have 4-episodes on tonight. I wish YTV would buy the license to Naruto Shippuden; Then CANADA would be ahead, and I'd be able to watch decent anime on a big screen
. Don't Press the red button

#30 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

No what i think is goin to happen is this:

Cartoon Network will DIE, but it will be reborn into something different.

Second if you havent noticed: G4 got rid of it's Anime Unleashed, then Toonami and in Adult Swim. Now they have anime on Sci-Fi, which will be gone soon enough.

The anime areas of regular channels are dwindling to nothing. and sadly, there isnt much we can do but buy or go online to get your anime fix...which is sad. B/c I got into anime b/c of Anime Unleashed: every friday, watch Serial Experimental Lai and Soultaker. The darker animes...but sadly that went bye bye.
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#31 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Anime brings joy to many people, including its voice-actors. The Berserk Bloopers are epic win. If anime goes away... I dunno what I will do T_T

#32 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:43 AM

as much as i agree with you, I actually like total drama island. . .
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#33 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (StrawberryAcappella @ Dec 28 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as much as i agree with you, I actually like total drama island. . .

I agree.....
I am still pinky-ash

#34 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

well I do know that CN, TNT, Spike, and Sci-Fi are owned by Turner broadcasting. and all at one point or another has shown anime. I think its more Turner going, "ok what shows can we buy the sydication and where to show them?"
and as for chanels changing: Spike used to be The Nashville Network, which showed stuff like the grand old opary and G4 was techtv which was gaming/computers/anime the G4 bought it and tossed out just about everything from Techtv besides X-play.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#35 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

Ah man I miss techTV, back when x-play was for reviewing games and not stupid snarky host crap. But really, CN isn't doing anything ungodly. Every generation of young teens wants a show they can relate with, be it cartoon or live action. Degrassi ran for how many seasons? Jesus I think it's still running. That too is a canadian show. It's really more common then you think for there to be shows geared towards teens in a comedy drama style, it's just recently become more common for it to be a cartoon.

But honestly, let me call all your nay-sayers BS. It may not have been a cartoon, but I bet in you watch(ed) a teen drama. Don't believe me? You know how many anime's we watch are gears towards teens and some of the issues they face? While it may not be the upfront plot line, it's mixed.

When you were little, did you watch Doug? That's like a 90's version of the shows that are on now and your complaining about. It was geared towards young or preteens about the stuff they deal with. Since it was the 90's it was really tame compaired that what they show now. The major issues then were crushes and zits. There were soooooooooo many shows on Nick that were like TDI or 6teen, but fit to their time period. Salute your shorts, Clarissa Explains it All, Pete and Pete, Doug and I know I'm missing a bunch more. Alice Mac, That show with the girl that could turn to goo, The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. All of these were drama shows that had a lot of teen drama stuff mixed in.

But really, if your that hurt that CN is no longer appealing to you, yeah you the 20 something year old, what a shock that a teen drama seems silly to you! Let me just say this, every year they get new views for every one that grows out of what their showing. Their not going to cave in an crumble cause your not watching anymore. There's millions of viewers in the age ranger their marketing to that will still be there to watch. There's a reason that at 10 they switch to broadcasting Adult Swim, to keep you in their pocket. So you out grew stuff like Cartoon Cartoon shows, they'll still have you tuned in for their late night programing.

Edited by Nikko, 10 January 2009 - 03:33 AM.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Dec 28 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree.....

So do I happy.gif

It's doesn't take itself seriously, and is just a quirky fun show to watch. I look forward to the new season this summer happy.gif

QUOTE (Nikko @ Jan 9 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah man I miss techTV, back when x-play was for reviewing games and not stupid snarky host crap.

How about rewinding back even further to a time when it was known as Extended Play, and Adam was the only host. I hate X-play now. I stopped watching it completely over a year ago. All they do now is hate on any and all anime-based games, and it gets really old after the first 1000 lame, snarky jokes and insults dry.gif

#37 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 4 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second this.

wrong, it won't die.

I don't watch much of the CN shows anymore, but the shows they have, do well with their target audience. They have to cater to the ones who watch it, which are kids, so I dont have any issue with what they have. If it was aimed at an older demographic it'd be a different story.

#38 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 9 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So do I happy.gif

It's doesn't take itself seriously, and is just a quirky fun show to watch. I look forward to the new season this summer happy.gif

How about rewinding back even further to a time when it was known as Extended Play, and Adam was the only host. I hate X-play now. I stopped watching it completely over a year ago. All they do now is hate on any and all anime-based games, and it gets really old after the first 1000 lame, snarky jokes and insults dry.gif

I hear TDI did very well for CN. Personally, I loved the show.

#39 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:49 AM

Ok I resend my position that Cartoon Network will die (I should really learn by now not to type when I'm pissed off) but I still won't watch the crap that they put on their channel these days. I miss the days where it used to air Scooby-Doo like 12 hours of the day, I also miss Genndy Taratovsky's work (I used to watch Dexter's Laboratory all the time and yes I liked the Powerpuff Girls) not to mention all the superhero cartoons like Teen Titans and Justice League. And of course there's the recent ending of Toonami which brought us DBZ back when Funimation was just starting to dub it and helped in making it popular in the US, same with Naruto. It's barely even "Cartoon" Network anymore, every now and then they'll like air a live-action movie or run a live action series (like Goosebumps or airing Saved By The Bell on adult swim, I'm sorry but WHAT?!). These days the only reasons to watch Cartoon Network are anime, Robot Chicken and Venture Bros., everything else makes me sad.

uc.png

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jan 9 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't watch much of the CN shows anymore, but the shows they have, do well with their target audience. They have to cater to the ones who watch it, which are kids, so I dont have any issue with what they have. If it was aimed at an older demographic it'd be a different story.

Agree. I also stop watching CN, except only for Naruto and maybe Bleach when I catch it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users