• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#1 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

5 years 5 months ago to this day, floundering movie studio 20th Century Fox bought the rights to make a live action movie based upon Akira Toriyama's classic manga. However, due to several difficulties including changing directors, disputes with cast and Fox nearly letting the liscence go has hindered the chances of this movie being made. However, recently announced in a Canadian newspaper shooting will start for the Dragon Ball movie in October with a reported budget of over $100 million and they hope to finish by next July. 20th Century Fox has not confirmed or denied this. I have never thought the idea of a live-action Dragon Ball movie was a good idea and now that it looks like the movie will be made after all I'm just at a loss for words.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 03 October 2008 - 12:34 AM.

uc.png

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

They STILL talking about this?!!! DX

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Sep 17 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They STILL talking about this?!!! DX

I know, I thought it was over too.

uc.png

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

When I heard about this (yeah about 5 years ago), I said it looks interesting...but here's the problem... DBZ will be the 1st Manga/anime related movie ever produced only in the US... and will it turn out like other horrible movies? and how did they got the copyright material from Toriyama-san?

Then I know it won't happen because DBZ is from Japan, do you think Toriyama-san wants to agree on a deal of a LIVE-ACTION movie based on his infamous mangaka, especially made in America first-hand huh.gif ?

Now... 5 years later... DB series is DONE!!!! No need to bring this up now...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 Arcticfox

Arcticfox

Foxness get used to it

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:52 PM

Wooohooo another Anime/videogame turned into a real action movie. Reminds me how good Street Fighter was in movie form...... Maybe Jean Claude could be goku or better yet Steven Segal

work through the pain :love:

#6 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

Speaking of the Live action...

A Chinese version of the Dragon Ball live action movie was released back in the 90's.

No , I don't think they're going to sub it, because it was a piece of utter crap.

Still , the americans are still babbling about the Live Action movie.

The series is over for a ten thousand years ( Over nine thousand ) . No need to be poking it.

Seeing what the chinese did at a poor job at actually following the plotline of the anime and a even worst job at the fighting scenes and the entire movie , I can't wait to see the americans at action. >D

#7 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

They're still talking about this?!

When I first heard about this, I was like 8 years old and a bit happy for hearing about the live action movie (I don't know why though... huh.gif ) So, me and my friends were waiting for this live action movie but gave up about 2 weeks later since we didnt hear much about it. The whole DB Live Action movie was just a small fragment in the corner of my mind and has been locked in there for the longest!

It's 5 years later now, DB is over now so there's really no need to bring it back. (Even though CN is airing the Cell Saga of DBZ again sweatdrop.gif )
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#8 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

Isn't this just a TAD old? I mean, I heard of it yeah but I didn't think it was recent. O.O;

#9 Dart Tension

Dart Tension

I will protect those I care about. No matter what.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, writing, reading fanfics (especially about narusaku), animating, hanging with friends, sneaking up on people, stealing other peoples' food, and meeting new people.

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:14 AM

They were gonna make a live action dragon ball movie? huh.gif

*thinks back to 5 years ago*

I................got nothing.... :shrug:

Lol...ok maybe I heard a small reference or so from my one of my friends who reads teh mangas but I can't be sure...

I winder how this will turn out.
"Life is empty if there's no one to share it with when it's full."
Insanity can be fun!
I'm Extreme Reborn in Live chat! But you don't know that.....
Dedicated, Hardcore, NaruSaku Fan, Current number of narusaku fics that I'm waiting for to finish: ? ( I lost count)

I'm making up for my mistakes.

#10 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

Ah... Further proof that Hollywood is in the business of making money instead of movies.

Though I have to admit, Silent Hill wasn't bad. And the Super Mario movie was creatively different. And the Street Fighter movie was... Oh good grief, I won't even try to delude myself.

#11 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

I thought this was over and done with.
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#12 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (ForgottenYakatsu @ Sep 17 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of the Live action...

A Chinese version of the Dragon Ball live action movie was released back in the 90's.

No , I don't think they're going to sub it, because it was a piece of utter crap.

Still , the americans are still babbling about the Live Action movie.

The series is over for a ten thousand years ( Over nine thousand ) . No need to be poking it.

Seeing what the chinese did at a poor job at actually following the plotline of the anime and a even worst job at the fighting scenes and the entire movie , I can't wait to see the americans at action. >D

Isn't that movie based upon "Journey to the West"? I don't think it's based on the manga/anime, but rather the legend/novel that spawned Dragon Ball... But it sucks, that much is true!

As for my picks for the actors playing the DBZ cast, I would say that I wish there was even a remote chance for them all to be asian. I REALLY don't want to see Chuck Norris as anything but Mr. Satan (That thought spawned as I wrote... that would be acceptable!), but I think Robin Shou could make a good Goku. Jet Lee has to play something in this, so I guess Vegeta or something could be cool? Yamchu and Tienshinhan could be white as well.. Ok, completely disregard the whole "They have to be asian" remark... as long as they can fight and doesn't kitten up the characters, I don't care.

#13 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Sep 19 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that movie based upon "Journey to the West"? I don't think it's based on the manga/anime, but rather the legend/novel that spawned Dragon Ball... But it sucks, that much is true!

Not really, I think I know the movie that he was talking about although I can't remember the title. I'm pretty certain that its about Dragon ball where the Z warriors fighting against some cyborg empire, not Journey to the west since the dragon balls does make an appearance there. The story is crappy, that much is true but the movie was pretty old too compared to nowadays movie.

#14 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

With the movie now finished filming and it set to release next March I bump this thread with a poster.

http://dbthemovie.co...gokuposter.jpeg

uc.png

#15 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:38 AM

Heh. I've been looking forward to this. At the very least it will be amusing, and it has the potential to be fun. biggrin.gif

#16 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 24 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the movie now finished filming and it set to release next March I bump this thread with a poster.

http://dbthemovie.co...gokuposter.jpeg

The poster looks pretty good! ^^

And after reading an article about the movie in the magazine makes me wonder if it's worth seeing or not. But knowing me, I'll probably end up dragging a friend *coughKARAcough* along with me to check it out - and that outfit 'Goku's' wearing? LOVE IT! XD (maybe it's my odd sense of fashion, but it's awesome to me)

The poster has gotten me even more interested, and it seems that it might actually be fun to watch :3
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#17 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Jul 24 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh. I've been looking forward to this. At the very least it will be amusing, and it has the potential to be fun. biggrin.gif

Yeah, at the very least it could be good for some mindless fun. But some of the changes they made like Goku is not only smart, he's a geek changes like that make me facepalm. facepalm.png

uc.png

#18 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

Ech. It'll probably end up with bad reviews from people but with a decen box office record since people would be wondering what will come out of the movie. We'll live we'll see what happens.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#19 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jul 25 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ech. It'll probably end up with bad reviews from people but with a decen box office record since people would be wondering what will come out of the movie. We'll live we'll see what happens.

I'd probably see it just as a fan.

uc.png

#20 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

I will watch it, but I'm not expecting much lol.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users