Close
Photo

Disk use on iPod touch/iPhone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Disk Use?? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Disk Use enabled??

1. Yea (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Nay (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Undecided (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Ok, I just wanna ask some people here who have Apple devices.

Do you agree with Disk Use being enabled?? Yes or no?? 'cause quite honestly, it was one of the first thing I found out after buying an iPhone. It made me facepalm so hard it's not even funny facepalm.png .

Even now I'm still trying to find an app that gets around it. I've checked jailbroken apps, but apparently it doesn't work for iOS 6 and up.

What I'm trying to find is an app that lets me freely transfer files between two computers and to my iPhone without needing a software that has been pre-installed on either PC's. Just like the old days.

Note: this thread can also be used for discussing whether Disk Use should be enabled or not. So if you guys want to, discuss away!!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 4 2013, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I just wanna ask some people here who have Apple devices.

Do you agree with Disk Use being enabled?? Yes or no?? 'cause quite honestly, it was one of the first thing I found out after buying an iPhone. It made me facepalm so hard it's not even funny facepalm.png .

Even now I'm still trying to find an app that gets around it. I've checked jailbroken apps, but apparently it doesn't work for iOS 6 and up.

What I'm trying to find is an app that lets me freely transfer files between two computers and to my iPhone without needing a software that has been pre-installed on either PC's. Just like the old days.

Note: this thread can also be used for discussing whether Disk Use should be enabled or not. So if you guys want to, discuss away!!!

Have you tried Dropbox?

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#3 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Doesn't Dropbox actually require you to install a software beforehand on the PC you want to transfer files from??

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#4 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 3 2013, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't Dropbox actually require you to install a software beforehand on the PC you want to transfer files from??

No, you can just login to the website and upload from there.

#5 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I use FileApp on my iPhone. You can access it on your computer through iTunes, and on your phone through the app. My parents don't have a stable internet connection, so I use it whenever I go back home and need to transfer stuff between my phone and my computer.

If you need to transfer between two PCs though, you'll need to have iTunes on both of them, so it might not be what you're looking for.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#6 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Super Boom @ Mar 5 2013, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I use FileApp on my iPhone. You can access it on your computer through iTunes, and on your phone through the app. My parents don't have a stable internet connection, so I use it whenever I go back home and need to transfer stuff between my phone and my computer.

If you need to transfer between two PCs though, you'll need to have iTunes on both of them, so it might not be what you're looking for

Exactly. that's what I'm looking for. An app that doesn't require iTunes or any other third party softwares pre-installed beforehand on both PC's. I found a jailbreak app that works, but now that I have the new iPhone, I can't use it. I kinda doubt the developer actually intends on updating it.

248793.jpg

#7 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 5 2013, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. that's what I'm looking for. An app that doesn't require iTunes or any other third party softwares pre-installed beforehand on both PC's. I found a jailbreak app that works, but now that I have the new iPhone, I can't use it. I kinda doubt the developer actually intends on updating it.

As mentioned before, Dropbox only requires the app on ur apple device and then you just login onto the website on any pc.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users