43 replies to this topic

#1 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Alright kitties gather 'round. if you have any translation questions or requests, go ahead and post them here. Lately we've been driving away our own translators away by spamming their inbox. This way we can get the translations we need without bothering everyone over and over again by translating the same thing.

eh10ut.jpg

#2 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Can you post all the old translations? 

Edited by theunburnt, 23 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#3 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Raws don't necessarily answer everything, I mean its one part dialogue and context between the original and various translations but its also a manner of seeing what happens in the manga that actually matters.

Though this thread would be more effective if people really have been asking too much of those who do know Japanese, it would be better to post any words or other stuff you see and then just ask it here rather than go asking other specific people.

Edited by Inferno180, 23 August 2014 - 07:10 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#4 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

Raws don't necessarily answer everything, I mean its one part dialogue and context between the original and various translations but its also a manner of seeing what happens in the manga that actually matters.

Though this thread would be more effective if people really have been asking too much of those who do know Japanese, it would be better to post any words or other stuff you see and then just ask it here rather than go asking other specific people.

We have hence why I made this thread. 

eh10ut.jpg

#5 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

People are gonna wanna kick my ass for bringing this up again but what the hell

which was closer to the original translation

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2aj11m1.jpg

MP or MS, because the context the manga and anime is throwing at us and even word of god make this super confusing. 

eh10ut.jpg

#6 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

MP or MS, because the context the manga and anime is throwing at us and even word of god make this super confusing. 

Can you link both translations? For some reason both websites show me the same translation.

#7 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Can you link both translations? For some reason both websites show me the same translation.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/540

http://www.narutobas...anga/Naruto/540

eh10ut.jpg

#8 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

I think the MP one makes more sense. Why would this guy assume that she's in love with this person even though he doesn't know that person and hardly knows her?

#9 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

Because Sakura said she already has someone she likes?

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#10 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

He would be assuming that she's deeply in love with this person when he's not aware of just how much she likes this person.

#11 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

I already answered you about this by PM. As I said it doesn't change anything to me which one is the correct one. But anyway: 

うまくいくといいですね アナタが好きになる人だ… きっとステキないい人なんでしょうね

"I hope it will go well for you. The person you fell in love with must surely/undoubtedly be a really great/fantastic person, right?"

Edited by 咲耶姫, 27 August 2014 - 04:36 AM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#12 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

I already answered you about this by PM. As I said it doesn't change anything to me which one is the correct one. But anyway: 

"I hope it will go well for you. The person you fell in love with must surely/undoubtedly be a really great/fantastic person, right?"

just trying to kickstart the translation thread, and ofcourse trying to decipher everything because the anime and manga imply a very different context then what the scene was presenting. Also good to make sure his statement was kind of generalized and could be interpreted as "someone you love past or present" 

Edited by Pepsi, 27 August 2014 - 04:47 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#13 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

mangapanda isn't so much accurate to the original, unlike the mangastream version... anyway tha iwa guy was just supposing

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#14 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hello i'm new here. Can you please go into detail about the meaning in those sentences? Because from what i tell MP and MS seem to have two very different translations

MS - "If you love HIM-"

MP - "If its SOMEBODY you like" 

The first one seems to be exlusively talking about the one she currently loves/ is in love with where as the later seems to be directed that anyone she loves past/present/future must be a great guy not just in the present tense" Ofcourse the filler episode "I couldn't kill someone I loved" and the Viz translation of 675 make it even more confusing. 

il_340x270.597674861_fqyl.jpg

#15 Crow T Robot

Crow T Robot

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

What i meant is what each of the individual translation to English words mean. 

il_340x270.597674861_fqyl.jpg

#16 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

Sakura thinks she loves Sasuke still...

#17 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Can't post picture cause I'm on mobile! Somebody translate this picture for me. http://touch.pixiv.n...ust_id=45639359

#18 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

I wish I could log into this website on my phone but it won't let me

#19 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Sakura thinks she loves Sasuke still...

No she doesn't...

That makes absolutely no sense why she would from a storytelling perspective

The whole point of the romance subplot in LOI was her letting go of Sasuke. She flat out said there's nothing between them and even apologized for liking him in the first place. It wouldn't make sense for her to try and let go of him romantically only to be stuck with thinking she has feelings for him just so she can realize she doesn't love. I don't care how much people try to twist how illogical a girl's heart is or whatever but not only does that not make sense but its flat out batsh*t insane. Hell that doesn't even have a positive message.

So no She's not going to have an "epiphany" that she doesn't love Sasuke, that would be pointless.  

Edited by Pepsi, 30 August 2014 - 04:46 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#20 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

No she doesn't...

That makes absolutely no sense why she would from a storytelling perspective

The whole point of the romance subplot in LOI was her letting go of Sasuke. She flat out said there's nothing between them and even apologized for liking him in the first place. It wouldn't make sense for her to try and let go of him romantically only to be stuck with thinking she has feelings for him just so she can realize she doesn't love. I don't care how much people try to twist how illogical a girl's heart is or whatever but not only does that not make sense but its flat out batsh*t insane. Hell that doesn't even have a positive message.

So no She's not going to have an "epiphany" that she doesn't love Sasuke, that would be pointless.  

Well what I'm trying to say is that when that ninja said to Sakura when she was healing him "he must be a great guy if you love him" Sasuke was in her background

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users