Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

Eh I'm still on the fence of if I'll watch it or not

#42 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:10 AM

Deleted posts that don't contribute to the discussion.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#43 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:32 AM

Finally got to watch the first ep. I like the opening song. The ending is just too much moe, but not a good moe (at least not appealing to me), so it was forgettable. I liked the episode though, the voices were well done I thought. The transmutation circles got annoying sometimes, but overall I could ignore them easily. I kinda bet Igneel won't always appear with Natsu, they probably wanted to connect Natsu with the dragons more in this ep but later might drop that background image. But who knows XD

#44 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 14 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kinda bet Igneel won't always appear with Natsu, they probably wanted to connect Natsu with the dragons more in this ep but later might drop that background image. But who knows XD

I sure hope so, cause they'll get annoyinig if it happens everytime he uses magic.

#45 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

I was kind of annoyed by that, too.

The circle thing is only applicable to Lucy's magic, imo.

(Btw, wasn't it weird to see the subbers use wizards instead of mages? XDDDD Wizard is a correct alternative, but the scanlations I read all said 'mage.')
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#46 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I'd rather them use mage too.

Otherwise... Yer a wizard 'arry.

#47 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

To go along with True's article link. Since I haven't seen anything of One Piece, after watching a few episodes of the Fairy Tail anime, I instantly zoomed in on the resemblance to DBZ more than anything. With the type of fighting and even Natsu's character design.

Edited by No WhereMan, 26 February 2010 - 08:30 AM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#48 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Read all the manga chapters from were the last anime episode left off over this weekend. (yeah i know chapter 40-174 argh1.png) It's not that bad, I see why Shauna likes Erza so much biggrin.gif, my favorite chapters/scenes was when Natsu fought against evil Gerard and rescued/saved Erza. (NatsuXErza MFAV FTW!) wub.gif happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 March 2010 - 05:44 PM.

#49 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 7 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read all the manga chapters from were the last anime episode left off over this weekend. (yeah i know argh1.png) It's not that bad, I see why Shauna likes Erza so much biggrin.gif, my favorite chapters/scenes was when Natsu fought against evil Gerard and rescued/saved Erza. (NatsuXErza MFAV FTW!) wub.gif happy.gif

Yea I have to admit Erza is one of my favorite characters of the series, right next to Natsu. Sakura-sama's original signature was right, Erza is a bada$$ b***h! ^^;;

I'm currently in the process of rereading the whole series, while I'm waiting for the new issue to finally drop. sleep.gif

I'll also add, Natsu/Erza is a favorite pairing of mine, but at this point the series seems to point to Natsu/Lucy and Erza/Gerard (if he ever get his kitten together)

Edited by No WhereMan, 08 March 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Yay for Fairy Tail, you guys~! a_dance.gif

*I really need to catch up on the chapters* >.>!

#51 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 8 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay for Fairy Tail, you guys~! a_dance.gif

*I really need to catch up on the chapters* >.>!

Surely Natsu carrying Erza in his arms means something special will come in the future. happy.gif

I'm hoping after Fairy Tail is saved and brought back to Earthland by Natsu, Makarov will trust Natsu with the SS rank 100 years mission to give him enough time to find Igneel and of course Erza will come alongside Natsu. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 March 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#52 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Well really I'm actually a Natsu/Lucy fan. I heart Erza but I like Lucy equally. Erza just makes more 'badass' pics tongue.gif

#53 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 8 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well really I'm actually a Natsu/Lucy fan. I heart Erza but I like Lucy equally. Erza just makes more 'badass' pics tongue.gif

She's just more badass period. Yeah, I kind of like Lucy and Erza somewhat equally. Erza edges out Lucy a little bit. But it's just I recognize the relationship Erza has with Natsu. I think it's a nice change from the beginning of the series where he just sees her as the rules enforcer and mini-tyrant. But as the series progresses, she comes to see him as a reliable person and he seen her beaten up and defeated and still getting up with the rest of them to make sure things are seen through to the end. It's something in their relationship that Lucy and Natsu doesn't have.

It's funny Lucy reminds me of DB's Bulma. She's a little spoiled, conceited, but when you get pass all that outer layer stuff, she's got a tremendous big heart. Not to mention a lot of guts when pressed hard enough. What amazes me from her relationship with Natsu is, from the start he was able to see pass her outer faults and just recognize the good person that's inside.

Then again Natsu is one of those good hearted characters that tries to see the good in everyone. ...After he's finished kicking everyone's ass. ^^

#54 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 8 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's true. biggrin.gif

One of my favorites biggrin.gif:

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 8 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's just more badass period. Yeah, I kind of like Lucy and Erza somewhat equally. Erza edges out Lucy a little bit. But it's just I recognize the relationship Erza has with Natsu. I think it's a nice change from the beginning of the series where he just sees her as the rules enforcer and mini-tyrant. But as the series progresses, she comes to see him as a reliable person and he seen her beaten up and defeated and still getting up with the rest of them to make sure things are seen through to the end. It's something in their relationship that Lucy and Natsu doesn't have.

It's funny Lucy reminds me of DB's Bulma. She's a little spoiled, conceited, but when you get pass all that outer layer stuff, she's got a tremendous big heart. Not to mention a lot of guts when pressed hard enough. What amazes me from her relationship with Natsu is, from the start he was able to see pass her outer faults and just recognize the good person that's inside.

Then again Natsu is one of those good hearted characters that tries to see the good in everyone. ...After he's finished kicking everyone's ass. ^^

You make some good pairing points, both Erza and Natsu seem to be getting stronger and sharing a stronger bond/relationship. If only Erza would get over her childhood crush/love of Gerard and realize Natsu is the one she loves and has made her stronger.happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 March 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#55 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 8 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You make some good pairing points, both Erza and Natsu seem to be getting stronger and sharing a stronger bond/relationship. If only Erza would get over her childhood crush/love of Gerard and realize Natsu is the one she loves and has made her stronger.happy.gif

Well Erza's affection for Gerard is deep seeded. He was her strength in a really terrible time in her life. And the fact she lost him when he got possessed wasn't able to do anything to help him for all those years. To finally get a certain semblance of the old him now, only to lose him. The two of them have a lot of unresolved feelings.

#56 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 8 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of my favorites biggrin.gif:

Now that is a hawt pic a_thumbs.gif

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 8 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Erza's affection for Gerard is deep seeded. He was her strength in a really terrible time in her life. And the fact she lost him when he got possessed wasn't able to do anything to help him for all those years. To finally get a certain semblance of the old him now, only to lose him. The two of them have a lot of unresolved feelings.

I'm afraid though he may go back to his evil possessed self when his memories recover or that girl (forgot her name) may use him again.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 March 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#58 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 8 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid though he may go back to his evil possessed self when his memories recover or that girl (forgot her name) may use him again.

His memories wasn't really the issue, it was the fact he was possessed that made him do all those things. Since that presence is no longer with him, he should be fine. He just needs to get out of his imprisonment.

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Fairy Tail Chapter 175 is out at MangaStream

The cats were meant to double cross, didn't see that coming. I wonder how Natsu and the others are gonna get out of this one.

#60 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

Has anyone noticed that all the major story arcs seem to revolve around the main character's background. Like first with Gray in the Deliora arc, then Lucy in the Phantom Lords, then we went on to Erza and Gerard's history. Now we're getting to Happy. If this proves to be true, then next up to plate after this arc will be Natsu. Now that's something I'm interested in seeing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users