• Please log in to reply
31579 replies to this topic

#27361 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

Personally, my biggest beef with DBS is not the series itself, but rather the radical fanbase behind it. The only criticism I have with the series is the fact that Dragonball as a whole is very inconsistent and power fluxes are obvious mostly because it is the one series that suffers from the Shonen Power Scaling Syndrome. Basically, Goku's power fluxes depending on how much drama they want to push.

However, I expect this from Dragonball because the story is not to be taken seriously. It is basically meant to be the Micheal Bay of anime. You watch it for the cool fights and flair. If you want a deeper story, you are better off going somewhere else.

The Dragonball fanbase is definitely a bit over the top. They think Goku can defeat any body and any flaws he may have are either non-canon or "don't count." Like Goku being unable to lift 1000 tons. They want to believe he can lift like several planets or what not. When asked for proof they kind of give you this "Well, he did X here so obviously he has increased immensely since then" not really taking into account potential dips or fluxes in power potential.

And people complain about the One Punch Man fanbase. Especially the DB fanbase. The Dragonball fanbase HATES the OPM fanbase.

I know what you mean, there's alot of radical goku fanboys out there, they even hate how vegeta's been getting development. I like vegeta much better than goku. besides, if they think goku is unbeatable they're sadly mistaken. I mean I agree superman is stronger, along with countless other anime characters being stronger, I just didn't like how they portrayed goku and superman in death battle for example, plus the calcs were complete garbage lol. everyone knows dragon ball feats aren't meant to be calculated, even with power levels for that matter. that and I just disagreed on how every superman beats goku, there's certain gokus that could beat certain supermans. but mainly I just didn't care for the fight because they're both heroes, they'd probably be friends and not fight lol.

also I love one punch man. I still think he'd beat goku too, I mean he has way more feats in the manga and webcomic than what has simply been shown in the anime so far, just anime only fans just tend to ignore them lol,

also I feel the same way when it comes to being a minority, I feel like one of the only fans that enjoys sonic forces.

Edited by ultranx, 13 May 2019 - 11:13 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#27362 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

Really really this is why I hate Fandom kitten like this.
  I heard fornever got Into something with the guy that voices goku.
Also the vic thing is out of control get all the info first then judge if he did it.

pretty much this, but of course the people at funimation, roosterteeth, and the kickvic movement don't care, they just want to judge him like that, not even giving him due process. and as I said, if you watch the youtube lawyer rekita law for example, he has vic's lawyer tye beard on the show alot to help explain the latest updates on the situation, he and tye have been exposing more and more evidence pointing to this all being an excuse for them to kick vic out of the industry out of envy, defaming him basically. most of kickvic's "evidence" has been either photos with fans who came out against kickvic defending vic, or just simple he said she said convos and false accusations.

point is the whole mess is just crazy, and now the kick vic people on twitter are trying to do the same thing to the winnie the poo voice actor.

I like seeing rekita law's reactions in his playthrough of the phoenix wright ace attorney trilogy, its funny.

anyways think we're going too off topic about it, maybe we should make a thread? 

anyways I haven't been on the forum much, what's the latest damage on boruto?

oh also the people like that in the steven universe fandom, now those kinda people have  been going after my hero academia complaining momo isn't chubby enough.

Edited by ultranx, 13 May 2019 - 11:16 PM.

#27363 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:56 AM

ANN is the anime equivalent of those gaming sites who hate what they cover, kitten on the fans of said thing, and think their kind of politics needs to be injected into every aspect of it.

I remember I stopped going to Dorkly after years of visiting because of this attitude, both strawmanning these sorts of arguments or calling people insulting names I'm not sure would get by the filter here. I did check it out a couple of weeks ago and noticed they stopped doing articles and comics, saying crap about how the internet has changed and the site is no longer profitable.

Still like some of their Dorkly bits, but I don't binge them anymore.

As for fanbases, no doubt it's the Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans nuts. Not the people who actually discuss the show, the guys who go on and on about how great Tekkadan were and rage about the second season because they loath the ending. It's like the biggest fans of the show completely misunderstood what it's trying to say.

The show's okay, I just bought the second season special edition set (mainly because I had the cheap season one bluray set. Between Rightstuff having to repackage the blurays and the special edition still being available after all this time, I'm willing to wager it didn't sell as much as Funimation hoped).

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27364 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

To reiterate, Anime Balls deep seems to be doing this thing where he analyzes one thing to make an opinion on it and then 180 degrees and says a complete opposite opinion that undoes everything that he said before. It is this whole double standard and appealing to the masses kind of BS that drives me up the wall with a lot of these youtubers and the brainless masses that follow them.

That is why I don't even bother with these so called anime reviewers. All they are are biased fans full of hot air like many other average anime fans. (looking at you sawyer7mage and forneverworld) The only difference is, they have an online audience. I see this ALL the freaking time no matter what anime reviewer I see. Now they have some valid points here and there admittedly but that doesn't change the fact a lot of the time they are just brain numbing, double standard fan boys/girls that geek out and praise what they like "to the starry heavens" above us and think any copying hacks or imitations of the "magnum opus" they are a fan of or whatever is not to their "standard of artistic entertainment" is some wannabe "that can't touch or hold a candle" in comparison. And yet when it is their favourite thing that is criticized and has its flaws pointed out I'd bet they would blow their top and act like any other lunatic online that sends death threats and trolls someone else out of rage/ amusement. It is IDIOT B#%& $H!T that I want no part of.

I like Bobsamurai and Glass Reflection. They're more laid back and try to be as professional as possible with their opinions. Otherwise there's really not a great deal of others I particularly enjoy. 

Sawyer, Fornever and Double are just these fanboys who tend to laud what they like with praise and get pissy when they don't get their way. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys say the things they do just because of the clicks

I think I should also mention that ABD made a video about Sakura being the best girl. Granted, I haven't heard him say anything negative specifically about Sakura, but I'm surprised it wasn't made sooner if he really felt that. I also noticed that one of his videos on Sakura had an NS fanart in the background, I was like...Why? You make a video why NS wouldn't happen and put that up. 

Also, this guy sounds British. I could have sworn he sounded hispanic earlier. Is it more than 2 people running that channel?

*reads Claws' post and facepalms*

Yeah, I am not touching that one and how many double standards can be pointed out.

All I will say is this: I still love how Marvel can change their canon as much as they want and people are willing to accept it, but DC wants to give Superman a new take on him and people lose their minds saying "This is nothing like the comic." So why does Marvel get a pass, but DC does not? Why is Marvel held to such a low standard, but DC is held so high that if Superman even sneezes wrong..."OMG, This is so unlike the comics."

So, sorry, but this excuse of "not like comics" is BS when you only apply to DC, but excuse Marvel for bastardizing some of its canon....like Hulk and Black Widow.

My thought is this. So Kishimoto gets a pass because he made NH canon, but Kubo gets full force for Bleach. I hate this world sometimes. The double standards is ridiculous and sad seeing so many excuse.

Seriously, whether Marvel and DC or Kishimoto and Kubo or other mangaka...why are some hand waved excuses while others are just vilified? Why can't people hold everyone to a set standard?

The excuses are worse. If I hear the "you have to understand, it is only a shonen" one more time to excuse bad plots and forced pairings...I am going to seriously just burn everything to the ground.

Hey guys, why don't you watch the Dragonball Z abridged rather than the actual series? It is far superior in terms of plot.

DC had a multitude of problems with their cinematic universe. First, they rushed introducing the main heroes. Also, Lex Luthor just didn't feel like a villain who could rival Superman ( a lot of people thought he was trying to be the Riddler). Also, they had no direction and are still struggling with that. Again, Kevin Feige carefully planned the MCU, and he did a great job of building up his world and getting people back into the theaters to see his work Also, the tone of the films was too serious all around. They didn't have to go to goofy like GoTG or Antman, but they took the work TOO seriously and made much of their early work joyless and taking itself way too seriously. Suicide Squad ALMOST got past that, but the ending was just bleh.

Plus, Zack Snyder was given little to no oversight. He was like one of those fans who claims to be really into a series but makes fanfiction far removed from the source material. Wanting Batman to be a killer didn't help matters for him either. It's okay to change things, and often its necessary. But there's a line between making changes to fit into your world while maintaining the spirit of the original, and changing things for shock value, which I feel Snyder was doing too much of.

That being said, I DID like Man of Steel, and I greatly enjoyed WW and AM. The later two changed a lot about their characters (WW starting in WWI, Aquaman looking very different from the comics), but the changes made sense within the stories the directors wanted to tell and at their core were good movies.

the dragon ball actors aren't getting hate because of the fans, its because they have been going after the broly voice actor, from what I've looked into, framing the guy. even anime news network got caught lying about him, the same girls in the photos animenews network used spoke out against animennewsnetwork  defending him. heck people are even boycotting funimation because funimation even went as far as to bash all its fans and call anime fans  anime nazis and too dangerous(yes I'm being serious here).. they're shoving politics down people's throats and destroying their competition's lives so they can get higher in the voice acting industry, sabotaging anime conventions and everything. they were jealous of the broly voice actor vic because of how famous  and successful he was in the voice acting industry, so they wanted him out of the picture. heck the same people of kickvic that went after broly are now going after winnie the poo of all people now.

and now funimation is facing a huge lawsuit over it.

I don't think I'll ever look at my chris sabat vegeta autograph the same way again....

I think it should be clarified that Vic has been getting these accusations since 2003, but it seemed nothing was done about it. Plus, it seems Vic is a complete Diva at Cons to the point where they have a "Code Vic" for him. Apparently there was even a point where Funimation suspended him for a full year before this controversy.

Now, in my OPINION, based on what I heard and seen, I believe that Vic didn't do anything explicitly illegal. However, many have confirmed that he likes to get into other people's personal space and give hugs, kisses and the like. While it may be well-intentioned, a lot of people don't like that thing coming from complete strangers and I can see why some would be made uncomfortable by that (I think he was even warned about this but apparently did not take that advice it seems). Combined with his crap behavior behind closed doors, by the time this fell on him he had no one in his corner, and I guess Funimation and Rooster Teeth saw this as an excuse to let him go.

I will agree though that the voice actors should have stayed silent on this manner, or handled their tweets or whatever with more maturity. In the case of Monica Rial, she should have just shared whatever her experience was and be done with it. 

I personally would recommend an article from the Dao of Dragonball website about this topic. It describes in detail exactly how these accusations got started, and even covers things like sexual harassment at cons and how other voice actors at Funi were caught up in similar situations.

https://thedaoofdrag...lt-allegations/

As for fandoms, I think I've been lucky for the most part. I've encountered fanatics here and there, but it's been a mostly positive experience for me.

Except for Naruto

It still shocks me today how such a colorful and the most part innocent series can have a fandom so toxic. Not just the shippers, but just...man, it seems a lot of what attracted people to the series was having a character others could hate. Sakura got the worst of it, but I've seen others like Neji and Garaa get their fair share.

I also think that fandoms are taking things way over the top when something bad happens in something they used to love, and they go to make hundreds of videos on the subject, bash actors who were not involved in decisions made and smear anyone who liked what they hated, and just be immature about it. 

#27365 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

I like Bobsamurai and Glass Reflection. They're more laid back and try to be as professional as possible with their opinions. Otherwise there's really not a great deal of others I particularly enjoy. 

Sawyer, Fornever and Double are just these fanboys who tend to laud what they like with praise and get pissy when they don't get their way. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys say the things they do just because of the clicks

I think I should also mention that ABD made a video about Sakura being the best girl. Granted, I haven't heard him say anything negative specifically about Sakura, but I'm surprised it wasn't made sooner if he really felt that. I also noticed that one of his videos on Sakura had an NS fanart in the background, I was like...Why? You make a video why NS wouldn't happen and put that up. 

Also, this guy sounds British. I could have sworn he sounded hispanic earlier. Is it more than 2 people running that channel?

DC had a multitude of problems with their cinematic universe. First, they rushed introducing the main heroes. Also, Lex Luthor just didn't feel like a villain who could rival Superman ( a lot of people thought he was trying to be the Riddler). Also, they had no direction and are still struggling with that. Again, Kevin Feige carefully planned the MCU, and he did a great job of building up his world and getting people back into the theaters to see his work Also, the tone of the films was too serious all around. They didn't have to go to goofy like GoTG or Antman, but they took the work TOO seriously and made much of their early work joyless and taking itself way too seriously. Suicide Squad ALMOST got past that, but the ending was just bleh.

Plus, Zack Snyder was given little to no oversight. He was like one of those fans who claims to be really into a series but makes fanfiction far removed from the source material. Wanting Batman to be a killer didn't help matters for him either. It's okay to change things, and often its necessary. But there's a line between making changes to fit into your world while maintaining the spirit of the original, and changing things for shock value, which I feel Snyder was doing too much of.

That being said, I DID like Man of Steel, and I greatly enjoyed WW and AM. The later two changed a lot about their characters (WW starting in WWI, Aquaman looking very different from the comics), but the changes made sense within the stories the directors wanted to tell and at their core were good movies.

I think it should be clarified that Vic has been getting these accusations since 2003, but it seemed nothing was done about it. Plus, it seems Vic is a complete Diva at Cons to the point where they have a "Code Vic" for him. Apparently there was even a point where Funimation suspended him for a full year before this controversy.

Now, in my OPINION, based on what I heard and seen, I believe that Vic didn't do anything explicitly illegal. However, many have confirmed that he likes to get into other people's personal space and give hugs, kisses and the like. While it may be well-intentioned, a lot of people don't like that thing coming from complete strangers and I can see why some would be made uncomfortable by that (I think he was even warned about this but apparently did not take that advice it seems). Combined with his crap behavior behind closed doors, by the time this fell on him he had no one in his corner, and I guess Funimation and Rooster Teeth saw this as an excuse to let him go.

I will agree though that the voice actors should have stayed silent on this manner, or handled their tweets or whatever with more maturity. In the case of Monica Rial, she should have just shared whatever her experience was and be done with it. 

I personally would recommend an article from the Dao of Dragonball website about this topic. It describes in detail exactly how these accusations got started, and even covers things like sexual harassment at cons and how other voice actors at Funi were caught up in similar situations.

https://thedaoofdrag...lt-allegations/

As for fandoms, I think I've been lucky for the most part. I've encountered fanatics here and there, but it's been a mostly positive experience for me.

Except for Naruto

It still shocks me today how such a colorful and the most part innocent series can have a fandom so toxic. Not just the shippers, but just...man, it seems a lot of what attracted people to the series was having a character others could hate. Sakura got the worst of it, but I've seen others like Neji and Garaa get their fair share.

I also think that fandoms are taking things way over the top when something bad happens in something they used to love, and they go to make hundreds of videos on the subject, bash actors who were not involved in decisions made and smear anyone who liked what they hated, and just be immature about it. 

nah, its more than that man, he came out and apologized, even broke down in tears during it too, they have no reason to still hold that over him. plus they also have been attacking him for being a christian. also alot of those accusations in 2003 were on forums and were he said she said accusations just like the recent ones, all made against him, and were exposed as such and they all usually go back to marzgirl and her buddies. heck they even had  a private twitter chat where they talked about making fake evidence against him and photoshopping photos and one of the members was so disgusted he/she exposed it and joined the istandwithvic side.

#27366 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

You mean like how MCU rushed Captain Marvel into the MCU and then made a claim that she was going to be the new leader of the Avengers in Phase 4 despite not even interacting with any of the other characters, having no history with any of them save for Fury, and so much more all for the sake of having a "female superhero?" Pushing the agenda that "girls can be superheroes too" while completely ignoring some of the other female stars in the series. Yes, because Black Widow was not important enough right? No, MCU had to have a strong female superhero and give her hax powers that not even she herself can understand all because "we wanted to compete with the boys." A point that the Russo's made when they said "She wasn't originally in Endgame" and she was shoehorned in. Makes sense why she was only in it for about 15 minutes.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Captain Marvel.
Where have you been for the past 10-20 years? I guess Thanos was only a threat AFTER he snapped his fingers huh? I doubt some of the other planets were that much in dire when the entire universe was at stake. Beep beep.

How about Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and so many other TV series that exist in the MCU canon, but make no mentions or anything in the actual MCU movies themselves? You'd think Ghost Rider would have helped in Endgame. I guess when their Netflix series basically tanks and most of their series go town the toilet, you kind of abandoned ship. This is especially true when you realize that Luke Cage played a significant part in Civil War in the comics, but...

Should I mention the Fantastic Four movies?

Sometimes Marvel wasn't serious enough and actually ruined some of their own canon....does The Mandarin ring any bells? I wonder who was a worse villain...The Mandarin or Lex Luthor?

Hey guys what happened to Sif? You know, Thor's friend? How about Jane Foster? How about several other characters that were originally very important, but then kind of were written out of existence because "we didn't think too far in the future."  "They broke up." I guess that's a good enough answer.

Hulk and Black Widow? Who What when where why and how?

I found and interesting letter here. "If Doctor Strange takes place even one year after 2014, why is the surgeon named as a person of interest in The Winter Soldier, which is also said to take place in 2014?"

Hey Spider-Man, how ya swinging? What's Mary Jane doing? "Who is Mary Jane?" You know "MJ?" "Oh, you mean Michelle Jones?" By the way, 8 years since the first Avenger movies? Kind of a huge oversight, huh?

Winter Soldier, good to see you. How are things? What? Captain America needs to insert chips into three ships to disable them? Why not just call Hulk? Unavailable? Why?

Hey Thor, you remember how you took the Tesseract in The first Avengers movie? Why didn't you take the staff too? You went along with Tony doing stuff with it? You knew that kind of power is dangerous so why didn't you take the scepter as well? If you did, Tony wouldn't have made Ultron.

Endgame kind of blows an even bigger hole in all of this, but that is a spoiler.

And don't even get me started on all of the "It is okay if I do it, but if anyone else does it...it is bad" kind of logic that many of the characters possess including, but not limited to: Tony Stark, Black Panther, our own US government, and several other characters where..let's be honest...most of the problems in MCU can be summed up in 3 words: "Tony did it."

The Marvel universe is not as air tight as you might think and there are plenty of times where characters had wasted potential, wiped from existence, and just downright never talked about again. The Incredible Hulk movie really was glossed over and only one character makes a return with the others basically being just hand waved from existence.

I shall say it again....why does Marvel get a pass, but DC is run through with a fine tooth comb to the point that if Superman's suit color is off they say "this is wrong?" DC cannot win here because if they did their own thing...people hate it, but if they tried to do what Marvel is doing with the same tone...you all would complain that they are just poorly mimicking Marvel.

Shazam took a lighter tone....and guess what? NOW they say it is too light and needs to be darker. A movie about a kid turning into a superhero is not dark enough.

Now, in my OPINION, based on what I heard and seen, I believe that Vic didn't do anything explicitly illegal. However, many have confirmed that he likes to get into other people's personal space and give hugs, kisses and the like. While it may be well-intentioned, a lot of people don't like that thing coming from complete strangers and I can see why some would be made uncomfortable by that (I think he was even warned about this but apparently did not take that advice it seems). Combined with his crap behavior behind closed doors, by the time this fell on him he had no one in his corner, and I guess Funimation and Rooster Teeth saw this as an excuse to let him go

Here is the thing though...even if that were true...they are all Divas. Monica Rial always hates dealing with fans and thinks being a fan is an insult. Same with Chris Sabat. Sean Schemmel thinks he is the one and only Goku and bashes on Team Four Star constantly. Jamie Marchi is just...she is everything wrong with society. Krillian's Voice actor and Sean did a video about Vic saying how he likes to touch 12 year old boys while mocking his voice.

Rey Ayanami's voice actor Amanda Win-Lee did something at con in 1999 and footage of it of her stripping down to her bra and dry humping a mascot of Pen-Pen in front of everyone AND told a girl that she deserved to be raped. All of this in front of kids and even I think Anno while he was there.

Did she get fired? No. Was she accused of anything? No. Yes, this was back in 1999, but really? Some of these "victims" are accusing him of stuff from 2006. Why does Amanda Win-Lee get a pass?

The whole gang says they are ready and willing to go to court, but when Vic finally does it. When they receive those papers, they are now cowering in fear including Monica Rial who is trying to subpoena Vic back and makes claims about privacy and Jamie Marchi PURPOSELY is avoiding getting handed the papers to the point that she is hermiting herself in her home on record with photos of her cowering.

These people are not your friends and they hate you. They just love your money.

As for the whole "Vic is a diva at cons," the problem I have with this is is that there is no incidents that support this. They looked into some of the cons he has been in the past several years and they all say "No, Vic was awesome and we had no incidents to report." So this whole idea of Vic is a diva at every con is either a hyperbole or it was earlier in his career when he first started out and he let it get to his head as and then mellowed out with age.

Nothing for nothing...we are all divas now and then. We all have bad days and we all act better than we think we are, but it takes experience to bring us down to a better level.

However, if Vic was a diva then....these people are divas NOW with their twitter profiles blowing up whining that Vic was mean to them or the fanbase is harassing them. You know you're a diva when you threaten a fan to the FBI because they asked you "Can I see proof of what you are claiming?" When you use lines like "you're not privileged to that information." You're a diva. When you act like a victim when you are not...you're a diva and that is the truth.

I met Vic in person. I talked to him several times and talked to people who also met him and hanged with him. Not one time was Vic a diva. Not one time. In fact, Vic was very humble and greatful. Even to me. So when people say this stuff I have to ask...what was the context? Was he having a bad day? Was he tired? Anything could have been the case.

Heck, Vic once spent 9 hours without a break to be there for the fans. Some of these VAs couldn't even spend 2 minutes with you without an hour break. That is how good a man Vic is. He is not perfect, but by hell he is A LOT better than most of the other VAs people praise.

People all think Vic is hiding something, but what is the rest of the people hiding? Imagine the skeletons in their closets.

Honestly, this is all off-topic and I am actually sorry I made this post. I won't talk about this anymore here at least. If you want to talk more, KClaws we can take it to PM or go to the endgame thread.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 May 2019 - 05:58 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27367 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

You mean like how MCU rushed Captain Marvel into the MCU and then made a claim that she was going to be the new leader of the Avengers in Phase 4 despite not even interacting with any of the other characters, having no history with any of them save for Fury, and so much more all for the sake of having a "female superhero?" Pushing the agenda that "girls can be superheroes too" while completely ignoring some of the other female stars in the series. Yes, because Black Widow was not important enough right? No, MCU had to have a strong female superhero and give her hax powers that not even she herself can understand all because "we wanted to compete with the boys." A point that the Russo's made when they said "She wasn't originally in Endgame" and she was shoehorned in. Makes sense why she was only in it for about 15 minutes.

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Captain Marvel.
Where have you been for the past 10-20 years? I guess Thanos was only a threat AFTER he snapped his fingers huh? I doubt some of the other planets were that much in dire when the entire universe was at stake. Beep beep.

How about Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and so many other TV series that exist in the MCU canon, but make no mentions or anything in the actual MCU movies themselves? You'd think Ghost Rider would have helped in Endgame. I guess when their Netflix series basically tanks and most of their series go town the toilet, you kind of abandoned ship. This is especially true when you realize that Luke Cage played a significant part in Civil War in the comics, but...

Should I mention the Fantastic Four movies?

Sometimes Marvel wasn't serious enough and actually ruined some of their own canon....does The Mandarin ring any bells? I wonder who was a worse villain...The Mandarin or Lex Luthor?

Hey guys what happened to Sif? You know, Thor's friend? How about Jane Foster? How about several other characters that were originally very important, but then kind of were written out of existence because "we didn't think too far in the future."  "They broke up." I guess that's a good enough answer.

Hulk and Black Widow? Who What when where why and how?

I found and interesting letter here. "If Doctor Strange takes place even one year after 2014, why is the surgeon named as a person of interest in The Winter Soldier, which is also said to take place in 2014?"

Hey Spider-Man, how ya swinging? What's Mary Jane doing? "Who is Mary Jane?" You know "MJ?" "Oh, you mean Michelle Jones?" By the way, 8 years since the first Avenger movies? Kind of a huge oversight, huh?

Winter Soldier, good to see you. How are things? What? Captain America needs to insert chips into three ships to disable them? Why not just call Hulk? Unavailable? Why?

Hey Thor, you remember how you took the Tesseract in The first Avengers movie? Why didn't you take the staff too? You went along with Tony doing stuff with it? You knew that kind of power is dangerous so why didn't you take the scepter as well? If you did, Tony wouldn't have made Ultron.

Endgame kind of blows an even bigger hole in all of this, but that is a spoiler.

And don't even get me started on all of the "It is okay if I do it, but if anyone else does it...it is bad" kind of logic that many of the characters possess including, but not limited to: Tony Stark, Black Panther, our own US government, and several other characters where..let's be honest...most of the problems in MCU can be summed up in 3 words: "Tony did it."

The Marvel universe is not as air tight as you might think and there are plenty of times where characters had wasted potential, wiped from existence, and just downright never talked about again. The Incredible Hulk movie really was glossed over and only one character makes a return with the others basically being just hand waved from existence.

I shall say it again....why does Marvel get a pass, but DC is run through with a fine tooth comb to the point that if Superman's suit color is off they say "this is wrong?" DC cannot win here because if they did their own thing...people hate it, but if they tried to do what Marvel is doing with the same tone...you all would complain that they are just poorly mimicking Marvel.

Shazam took a lighter tone....and guess what? NOW they say it is too light and needs to be darker. A movie about a kid turning into a superhero is not dark enough.

Here is the thing though...even if that were true...they are all Divas. Monica Rial always hates dealing with fans and thinks being a fan is an insult. Same with Chris Sabat. Sean Schemmel thinks he is the one and only Goku and bashes on Team Four Star constantly. Jamie Marchi is just...she is everything wrong with society. Krillian's Voice actor and Sean did a video about Vic saying how he likes to touch 12 year old boys while mocking his voice.

Rey Ayanami's voice actor Amanda Win-Lee did something at con in 1999 and footage of it of her stripping down to her bra and dry humping a mascot of Pen-Pen in front of everyone AND told a girl that she deserved to be raped. All of this in front of kids and even I think Anno while he was there.

Did she get fired? No. Was she accused of anything? No. Yes, this was back in 1999, but really? Some of these "victims" are accusing him of stuff from 2006. Why does Amanda Win-Lee get a pass?

The whole gang says they are ready and willing to go to court, but when Vic finally does it. When they receive those papers, they are now cowering in fear including Monica Rial who is trying to subpoena Vic back and makes claims about privacy and Jamie Marchi PURPOSELY is avoiding getting handed the papers to the point that she is hermiting herself in her home on record with photos of her cowering.

These people are not your friends and they hate you. They just love your money.

As for the whole "Vic is a diva at cons," the problem I have with this is is that there is no incidents that support this. They looked into some of the cons he has been in the past several years and they all say "No, Vic was awesome and we had no incidents to report." So this whole idea of Vic is a diva at every con is either a hyperbole or it was earlier in his career when he first started out and he let it get to his head as and then mellowed out with age.

Nothing for nothing...we are all divas now and then. We all have bad days and we all act better than we think we are, but it takes experience to bring us down to a better level.

However, if Vic was a diva then....these people are divas NOW with their twitter profiles blowing up whining that Vic was mean to them or the fanbase is harassing them. You know you're a diva when you threaten a fan to the FBI because they asked you "Can I see proof of what you are claiming?" When you use lines like "you're not privileged to that information." You're a diva. When you act like a victim when you are not...you're a diva and that is the truth.

I met Vic in person. I talked to him several times and talked to people who also met him and hanged with him. Not one time was Vic a diva. Not one time. In fact, Vic was very humble and greatful. Even to me. So when people say this stuff I have to ask...what was the context? Was he having a bad day? Was he tired? Anything could have been the case.

Heck, Vic once spent 9 hours without a break to be there for the fans. Some of these VAs couldn't even spend 2 minutes with you without an hour break. That is how good a man Vic is. He is not perfect, but by hell he is A LOT better than most of the other VAs people praise.

People all think Vic is hiding something, but what is the rest of the people hiding? Imagine the skeletons in their closets.

Honestly, this is all off-topic and I am actually sorry I made this post. I won't talk about this anymore here at least. If you want to talk more, KClaws we can take it to PM or go to the endgame thread.

couldn't have said it better myself james, I never met Vic but I believe it. just seeing him break down like that in his apology and seeing some videos of his past streams I know he's a real deal good person and not like they make him out to be. heck he even went as far as visiting one of his biggest fans when she was in the hospital, the video's on youtube too. tye beard is cool too.  I think we really should make a thread on this though huh? xD if someone does, someone let me know.

Edited by ultranx, 15 May 2019 - 08:34 PM.

#27368 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

You can, if you want to. It's a good discussion after all.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27369 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:53 AM

And honestly, it feels like it needs to be said since this stuff with Vic Mignogna is tearing the voice acting industry to shreds and hurting Funimation, not just from some of its talent, but also how it handled the accusations with Vic that led to his firing, obviously fearing potential backlash if it was like Scott Freeman with those child porn charges a few years back.

#27370 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:20 AM

I was just worried, since 1. we're offtopic, and 2. I was worried this would be one of those topics not allowed, like the old political stuff. 

also was worried about posting this video because of the title, since its calling someone an idiot, even though its justified lol

its a video of yellowflash covering the recently leaked court documents made by monica's lawyer. and its hilaiorusly bad. most of the sources are bad  unreliable gossip sites, sources already proven false by fans, and for example the church it supposedly happened at calling it false in one instance, and mere twitter and tumbler posts and stuffs, all their so called "proof" in the documents. he shows it in the video if you all wanna see. its basically an update on what james talked about, they already got served by tye and vic, this is monica's lawyer's response basically. tye already knows most of this stuff and how to counter it too lol

also what section of the forum would the thread fall under if we made it? 

but yeah it doesn't even have monica's story from twitter, her whole "it happened to me!" thing, it just has the stuff tye and nick rekita already covered, like the jelly bean story. not looking good for funimation if this is all they got, plus they're being hit by copyright troll lawsuits at the same time as the vic lawsuit

also, we talked about proof of how cool of a person vic is, this gem got uploaded today

Edited by ultranx, 16 May 2019 - 02:24 AM.

#27371 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:08 AM

also what section of the forum would the thread fall under if we made it?

I suggest in the Otaku Square since this is dealing with English VAs.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27372 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

I suggest in the Otaku Square since this is dealing with English VAs.

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=16507  well here's the thread I made

#27373 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:00 PM

What's weird is that Victor saliva the guy who did the jeepers creepers movies had his way with the one actors in his movie clown house and he got caught and was convicted and he's out there still making movies.

#27374 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

https://imgur.com/UKy8VSG

I wish this was actually done in canon, since I never liked what The Last did to Sakura's development, and what the ending also did to how she had her feelings for Naruto change. XP

#27375 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

https://imgur.com/UKy8VSG

I wish this was actually done in canon, since I never liked what The Last did to Sakura's development, and what the ending also did to how she had her feelings for Naruto change. XP

Yeah because it didn't make any sense. Liking her because rivalry? Dumb as kitten. What people don't bring up is that Naruto's obsession of Sasuke was half he saw Sasuke as a rival/friend and half wanting to make Sakura happy. He even said he would bring him back so she would smile. That's the perfect story for her to realize her feelings for Naruto. 

#27376 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Yeah because it didn't make any sense. Liking her because rivalry? Dumb as kitten. What people don't bring up is that Naruto's obsession of Sasuke was half he saw Sasuke as a rival/friend and half wanting to make Sakura happy. He even said he would bring him back so she would smile. That's the perfect story for her to realize her feelings for Naruto. 

Yeah, exactly. And it also basically makes Sakura's actions to help Naruto, like rushing at him when he was berserk with Kurama's power against Orochimaru, her giving him CPR when he was dying when the Yang half of Kurama was removed from him by Madara, and other stuff seem like she only did it for herself and nothing else.

#27377 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

And yet noone had a problem with Sakura like Sasuke because of a rivalry game. Go figure. It is that weird system with Naruto now. All of NS's good stuff goes to NH and SS while all the bad stuff about SS and NH get pushed on to NS to excuse.

People say NS can't happen cause Sakura is too obsessive, but it is okay for Hinata to be obsessive.(They say she isn't, but come on...we all know the truth.)
People say Naruto only loved Sakura for a rivalry game, but isn;t that what Sakura crush was and how it continues with Ino? It still continues cause the only reason she got with Sai is because "he looks like Sasuke."

So...double standards everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27378 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

And for the billionth time there was double standards to the developments between Sakura and Hinata. Sakura becomes stronger and more selfless as a person and matures into a confident, independent woman? she is still a useless, ugly thot. Hinata gets her Naruto-gasms, and only fights to protect him and gain his attention? OMG she is such a divine goddess!!!! :zaru: And notice this, the behavious and context in which they display this is SOLELY for shipping purposes. Once Nardo and Hinata "tied the not", there is not one peep of how amazing and strong she is from her fanatics. It is all "OUR SHIP WON!!! OUR SHIP WON!!!!!" *conga line*

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 July 2019 - 07:56 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27379 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

And yet noone had a problem with Sakura like Sasuke because of a rivalry game. Go figure. It is that weird system with Naruto now. All of NS's good stuff goes to NH and SS while all the bad stuff about SS and NH get pushed on to NS to excuse.

People say NS can't happen cause Sakura is too obsessive, but it is okay for Hinata to be obsessive.(They say she isn't, but come on...we all know the truth.)
People say Naruto only loved Sakura for a rivalry game, but isn;t that what Sakura crush was and how it continues with Ino? It still continues cause the only reason she got with Sai is because "he looks like Sasuke."

Sakura crushed on Sasuke, but it wasn't to the point where she was a kittening stalker like with Hinata.

#27380 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:26 AM

And Naruto only started "loving" Hinatatas when Toneri came into the picture.

2e5.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2), Google (1), Bing (1)