The Great Heaven & Earth Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

The Great Heaven & Earth Survey

Will you like to take a survey?

Introduction - Why are we doing this?

For a while, we've been planning to overhaul Heaven & Earth, make it an even better website. For that to happen, we need to know what our members - Fresh Meat and regulars alike - think of this site and what you would like to see happen! We want to improve H&E and make it a better place for everyone to visit and enjoy themselves. smile.gif

Make no mistake - this is your chance to have your say on the future of Heaven & Earth! So, don't miss out - give us a piece of your mind! Simply answer the questions by replying in this thread, and feel free to add any thoughts/comments at the end of your post. smile.gif

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to seeing your replies. biggrin.gif

The Questions

1. Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

2. How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

3. What do you most like to do on your visits?

4. How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

5. Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is? - Click here for a detailed explanation of this question

7. What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

8. Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?

Whether you're a new person, longtime member, lurker or regular poster, we want to know your thoughts! Thanks for your time and help. smile.gif

#2 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?
To check the spoilers for the latest Naruto chapters, and have discussions on them.

How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?
About 3 times a week

What do you most like to do on your visits?
Take part in discussions on Naruto chapters

How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?
Its very easy to use and I really like the different smileys. biggrin.gif I think that posts posted in the fun cafe should count to your total posts.

Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?
I think that the banner on the top of the page could be changed from time to time, as it is kind of boring, seeing the same thing all the time. Maybe you could hold a contest each month on the best banner, and change it then.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
No, I like it the way it is.

What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Google Chrome/ Internet Explorer (usually Google Chrome)

Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?
PC ftw

Edited by Auni, 18 October 2008 - 02:26 PM.

. Don't Press the red button

#3 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

Cause I have fun here and it's such a habit for me now

couple times a day

LIVE CHAT~

How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?
It's simple, but I've been here a while so I know the lay out

Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?
You'd doing fine, I'd say an admin or two more for livechat reasons, or a set schedule, but it's not fair to ask people to give up personal time like that.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
Stay the way it is, it's worked well this way for years.

What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Internet Explorer dunno the number, it's crap

PC

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#4 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

1. Because it's somewhat fun here, and I don't into arguments for liking a certain pairing.

2. Everyday about.

3. Spam in the Fun Cafe.

4. Very easy, but then again I'm used to navigating throughout forums.

5. I feel the site is fine the way it is.

6. Stay the same.

7. Google Chrome/Netfront (PSP)/PS3 web browser

8. I use a PC.

Edited by Kurosaki Ichigo, 06 March 2009 - 01:41 PM.

#5 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

I have been visiting since I joined a few years back, now its a primary website I type in when on the net.

Everyday

Read whats been going on, LC, chat

Easy, simple, thought a change in the H&E picture once in a while might be a welcomed fresh change

not really any shortcomings, Ive noticed the LC isn't on as much anymore, maybe once a week if people are lucky

Stay the way it is, always a good story such as "I was a drifter and I found H&E" XD

Firefox rawr.gif

PC

#6 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

Well, I must admit I'm surprised that all replies so far say they'd prefer H&E stayed as forums-only rather than become a bigger NaruSaku website. smile.gif

Thanks very much for replying! biggrin.gif We're definitely taking note.

#7 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

Why do you like to visit Heaven and Earth?[b]
I love NaruSaku and I really like the people here! Plus, this is where I get my Naruto/NaruSaku news, someone usually posts it before it gets big.

How often do you like to visit Heaven and Earth?
Normally a few times every day.

I roam around and look at the new posts, if there is something that interests me I'll read it and then if I have something to say post it. smile.gif And if people are in the LC I'll sometimes go in there.

Everything that could make it easier has been done already. smile.gif

Yeah, the banner is pretty boring by now. I like Auni's idea.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
The way it is is fine. Otherwise you'd attract people for the wrong reason.

Firefox!

A PC!

#8 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

To read what people are talking about, offer my own opinion and simply interact with others all congregating with similar interests

Whenever I feel like it, though if I were to state an estimate I'd say close to every day, at least every week, though it tends to be irregular

Post on the threads that catch my attention, I might join LC at night on occasion

4. How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

I find it easy enough, so far there have been no difficulties

5. Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

I am honestly not picky about these sorts of things, it's true I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the details as long as the basic needs are met, I haven't noticed anything that inconveniences me in any fashion

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

I think it would be interesting to see H&E expand like that, it certainly would be larger, though I'm also fine with how things are now

7. What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

Firefox

I use both, it depends on what I feel like doing at the time

#9 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

Chapters, posting on topics that interest me. I occasionally stop by Live Chat, say some things, and then idle for several hours XD

I visit every day, usually to see if theres anything to post.

Look through the chapter threads, and maybe some other posts.

I'd like a better layout for the fanfiction section, but then again, I usually go to FF.net anyway.

Not really.

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
Don't care, I like the current feel for it though, can't say much about a community website. As long as it doesn't turn into NarutoFan.

Firefox

PC, Linux sometimes...
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#10 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

To share my abridged series, not too sure how many people like it from H&E. Also, I'd like to post fanfictions here someday. I come here because everyone here is friendly to me, and that's a breath of relief for me. :3

I visit about every 2 minutes, if I have nothing to do. I make up 40% of the views on this site. xP

Have fun, talk, maybe think, I rarely post, since I've broken the 1,000 post count in about 6 months of staying here. I have that talent. xD I like to put out opinions, maybe stalk the live chat and leave when nothing is going on, or I have to work on my abridged series or fanfictions or homework or just go to bed.

Allow us to put up Live Chat. Please, it gets lonely around H&E.

Hm... Wow, I'd... probably say a video game arcade. I'm an avid pong, frogger and Tetris player.

It isn't already? Well, I'm split on that. Tell me more, what is a 'NaruSaku Community Website'?

I used to use Internet Explorer 7, but now I use Firefox.

PC, baby. Best computer out there, by far.

#11 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Originally I came for the Naruto chapters/spoilers/NaruSakuness. Now I think that it is NaruSaku and some of the people on this forum.

Usually once a day.

Fun Cafe and Live Chat.

The load time can be a bit slow, but that might be due to the fact that someone in my house is downloading. LC also has some trouble logging in some days.

The only short coming in this forum is the spammers, n00bs, and some mods that do nothing. My solution, get rid of them. =DDD

Maybe add a more adult section where we can swear and talk about stuff that would get some of us in trouble that isn't The Village of Hentai. I think the idea of that place scares some people.

Just stay the way it is I don't want pairing bashing, that is far too annoying.

FireFox, unless that craps out then IE 6 I think.

PC
Tsu.gif

#12 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

Because I've come to enjoy the community and become a part of it. I enjoy insightful topics/posts and the other sections that aren't only about NaruSaku/Naruto.

Usually between classes or whenever I check my tabs on my internet browser (H&E made it =D).

I live in the funcafe XD I also check out the active topics using the New Topics feature and post ones that catch my interest. I'll usually stop in LC if its active.

Nope just about perfect.

I think adding more skins would be a sweet idea. Since this isn't a V. bulletin powered site I'm not sure about the features you can enable that won't cost too much bandwidth. I know there is a skin selector, so it be nice if you could switch it to different colors. Also, the ranks could be changed into something more interesting. I think mods should get the title "legendary ninja" and admins should get "God of Shinobi" (Sandiame ftw XD) as their titles, and you can make the ones for regular members different. Maybe a suggestion thread for different ranks? Also an adult section for more mature and sophisticated discussions would be cool addition.

I'm not sure I understand this question exactly. H&E is more than just about NaruSaku since they're so many other sections dealing on a broad number of topics and areas that I'm sure anyone can find something they are interested in to discuss/post about.

Firefox version 3!

PC!

#13 Sakura_Naruto_Sasuke

Sakura_Naruto_Sasuke

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Boys, Naruto, DBZ, Boys, Bakugan, Playing around, People, www.Crunchyroll.com, Helping out, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball, hanging out with friends, always being there when someone needs me

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Because not a lot of my friends are NaruSaku supporters like me.

Every day.

Go through the gallery and chat.

Um, no. Everything is fine the way it is.

I'm a video game addict so... Some games would be cool.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
Totally! Step up people!

Internet Explorer 6/7

PC
Happy and single but still gots love *chuckles*

#14 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

The people. Most of them, anyhow.

Usually once a day.

LC. I also sometimes hang around Fun Cafe/Ichiraku.

It's pretty easy to use.

Shortcomings? Well, just some n00by members who don't exactly act...er...appropriately. Also, every once in a while, I don't really agree with a mod's decision. But it's really not my place to critique that, I guess, especially since the decisions never mean any harm.

Things to add/change? Not sure I can think of three, but I'll try.
Well, I like some of the ideas people have posted previously. I agree with True on the skins thing, that'd be pretty neat, if it's doable. I also agree with True and Tsu on having a section on the board for only mature discussions. Not like "Mature :teehee: ," but a place for intelligent discussion between mature members. Although, I don't think it should have an age requirement to decide who gets in or not. (No, I'm NOT just trying to get into the "grown up" section of the site. facepalm.png ) The simple fact is, there are a lot of members who are much more mature than their age suggests, and there are a lot of members who are a lot...uh...less mature than their age suggests. So maybe access to this section can be requested to a mod, and the mod can judge if the member in question is mature enough to be allowed into this section, based on past posts and past behavior. A shortcoming of this that I can think of, however, is that new members who could be mature as all-get-out would be denied immediate access, since the mods would not have anything to base their decision upon. But, I suppose all that new member would have to do would prove himself. Oh, and not to mention, if there was simply an age limit, someone could just register as a year higher than that age, and get in easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Oh, and maybe I'd add some new mods.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by a community website? I think it's fine the way it is now, but I'd like to hear an example of what you have in mind.

Firefox 3

PC

Edited by Zatren6, 18 October 2008 - 10:09 PM.

#15 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

The Questions

The NaruSaku and I like a lot of the people.
    About every other day, but I don't usually sign in.
    I always check out the fanfic threads. Sometimes the new chapter or general NaruSaku threads, but I'm usually behind in the chapters and I'm usually only in for a short time anyway.
    Very easy.
    Nope.
    Please elaborate.
    Usually Firefox 3. Occasionally IE7.
    PC.

#16 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

I think one thing would be theabundance of ideas and thoughts, differents points of view, and the disscussions sparked by those. Another one is the pure randomness of fun and comedy here.

Nearly as much as I can, at least everyday I have internet on.

Hmmm... Fun Cafe, Read spoilers on Naruto, and LC.

I think that H&E is a very simple websiete and it should stay that way. A well defined tree of topics with interesting summaries.

Probably the darth of mods during sometimes, a lack of an area where you can post, more serious topics without having some immature people posting there.

Basically I agree with True's and Zat's comments

No, I think that the website is fine as it is. A Posting board.

Opera 9.6 or Chrome

PC, Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#17 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

It's a fun friendly community that has almost no fights/arguments and people are free to do as they please without fear of being bashed on. Plus, it's the first forum I've ever joined seeing as it's such a nice place.

Almost everyday, if I have the time.

I like to check out what new stuff has been happening around the site, though I'm mostly in the Library Coffee Shop.

I have to admit, I'm not much of a forum person and didn't really know how to use it/navigate around it, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how simple H&E was. It made browsing other forums after this easy!

There's not much that I can think of since I'm rather fond of the way it is. Though I've seen some people mention the banner art above. Hmm, I suppose it'd be nice to have different skins and banners?

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website
(with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

Do you mean something like LC communities? Hmmm... but this forum is already so organized! But if you mean something like a NaruSaku shrine and such, I'd think that's all up to you, though I like the forums the way it is.

Firefox

PC, though I could sort of use a Mac.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#18 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:13 AM

I'm currently pretty interested in the NaruSaku pairing and it's nice to see other fanfics floating around. Everyone is nice and easy to communicate with. It's also the first forum site I've been on and it's pretty efficient.

About once every two days.

I generally check up on the new posts and then spend most of my time reading up the stories that have been recommended in the Great NaruSaku Fic Listing II.

It's great! At first, I was a little confused about how everything worked but thankfully there was a help section. It's easy to work things out after that. No complaints.

Hmm, that will take some thinking. I don't really mind, but perhaps it would be a little easier to upload pictures on your signature if the only method wasn't to choose a pic from the Internet. Maybe we could upload a pic from the computer drive, something like that. But I'm fine with it anyway. That's all, I think.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website
(with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

I think I like the website the way it is. I'm a very routine person; changing stuff has me running around in circles.

Flock (it's sorta like FireFox but a little different, uses the same technology, I think)

PC. I'm hopeless with a Mac

#19 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:33 AM

I enjoy H&E above all other forums because of all the members that make it up and how well everything is placed. It's not as complicated and redundant as other sites.

A couple of times I day I look around the site. It's a very large addiction. x]

I usually look for the most active topics of the day, or the introduction area. Fun Cafe and LC take most of my time though..

4. How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use? H&E is the easiest site for the reply system. Using text and smilies isn't as complicated for me. I don't think there's much to fix. Maybe an adults only section? wow.png

No.

I'm not too sure of how that would work.. xD

Firefox.

Windows all the way.

Edited by Darkofthenight, 19 October 2008 - 02:34 AM.

#20 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:11 AM

Very friendly and I practically feels like a second family to me.

Often a lot but I don't as much as I used to due to my real life & Naruto manga slow down

Exploring Narusaku but I do take time to serve other parts of the site to see what's new or opinion among related topics.

The site is fine just the way it if there's any problem its from my side since I'm fighting with the internet 25% of the time.

The same as above sleep.gif

H&E already has an narusakuct7.gif community actually the site was founded based on the possible canon couple, unless you are going to expand that it the way NF has it it not all that necessary. tongue.gif

Firefox

PC windows is totally kick ass cool.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users