156 replies to this topic

#21 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Am I the only one happy that they didn't run on with complete unnecessary irrelevant filler? loll

Maybe because we will have more fillers of Kaguya in the future?

The episode is was okay, we saw Sakura in some scenes like her lifting a rock. (  That remembered me to Guan Yipping of Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme Legends her skill of lifting rocks). 

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Lifting a rock? What? What did Sakura do?

#23 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Lifting a rock? What? What did Sakura do?

She saved someones life.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

She saved someones life.

As she has always do.

Sigh. Naruto and Sakura...just kiss already.

#25 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

She saved someones life.

Sorry I was too lazy to say that She used the rock to shield the attack of the Juubi.

Edited by Liu bie, 05 June 2014 - 01:53 PM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#26 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'd figure Pierot wasn't going to screw up this time. After all the studio along with the Japanese fandom has known for YEARS the endgame pairing is NS. Kishi isn't that hard to read when it comes to pairings. Specially when the Japanese fans loved the Road to Ninja movie liking NS a lot. We can't forget Pierot aren't NH fans, on the contrary they support NS. Pierot only likes Hinata a lot that was the point of ep 166, they had a field trip with adding flashy animation and a cute Hinata little girl with puffy red cheeks. Can't wait for 631 to be animated I feel sorry for anime fans who don't read the manga. With this episode they will scream NH is canon getting their hopes up. They're going to get their hopes and dreams crush badly. Like Inferno said after this Hinata will return to the background and Naruto will be out of her reach.

I don't feel sorry for the people who only watch the anime. However I feel sorry for people who think the anime and manga are both made by Kishimoto.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

I'd figure Pierot wasn't going to screw up this time. After all the studio along with the Japanese fandom has known for YEARS the endgame pairing is NS. Kishi isn't that hard to read when it comes to pairings. Specially when the Japanese fans loved the Road to Ninja movie liking NS a lot. We can't forget Pierot aren't NH fans, on the contrary they support NS. Pierot only likes Hinata a lot that was the point of ep 166, they had a field trip with adding flashy animation and a cute Hinata little girl with puffy red cheeks. Can't wait for 631 to be animated I feel sorry for anime fans who don't read the manga. With this episode they will scream NH is canon getting their hopes up. They're going to get their hopes and dreams crush badly. Like Inferno said after this Hinata will return to the background and Naruto will be out of her reach.

Wait, so Pierot likes Hinata, but not NH, while VIZ likes NH completely? Sorry, just trying to keep up with who to ignore and who to actually give some thought to.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#28 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Actually, this episode was really good...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

All I have to say is I was right 100%. In my rants I said Naruto wasn't going to give up, that Naruto didn't raise his hand like a lot of people thought he did. And guess what I was right. :P A lot of people believed it was Naruto's hand not Hinata when Obito basically said join me.

Thank God the anime team didn't extend the episode by inserting 3 million flashbacks about Hinata's love towards Naruto.

And Yes Firefox they screwed Sakura's facial expression.

Edit. Also one more thing I want to point out I was right again. Hinata was only able to deflect one flying wooden stick. :lol:

This reminds me, it seems in recent times, kinda like in the war arc, we got small extra scenes with sakura, nothing major but like in the manga between 540 and 573 those were here appearences for a while, but when in the episode where naruto became friends with kurama, we got that small scene with her and shizune heading out to assist him, I mean small stuff like that.

But besides this episode getting the stuff out of the way, I think the one thing that was good was this:

The Hyuga are supposed to be the best defenders and yet Sakura did the easiest thing imaginable, just lift up a slab of stone and use it as a shield, seriously that was just so simple and it protected her and those other 2 shinobi while HInata just deflected one wooden stick.... I mean didnt any other earth users try this? Wind users could have deflected some, fire maybe even incinerate some of the wooden stakes, but really this is all it took to defend from it, sakura lifting a stone slab to protect herself and others? I mean its filler and not-canon but still just ironic in scope.

I mean this episode was sad with neji dying but seriously? I'm more amazed SP didn't show Hinata doing more and instead she deflected one stick....... well guess its good she her moment passed because now theres no NH in sight for a while, even in the present space of the manga.

Edited by Inferno180, 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#30 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Wait, so Pierot likes Hinata, but not NH, while VIZ likes NH completely? Sorry, just trying to keep up with who to ignore and who to actually give some thought to.

They like the character, not much on the pairing. Just remember, she loves Naruto, so expect a transition to him. He's right about 166. It was mainly on her, more so than here, so that's why it was more overblown.

#31 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

They like the character, not much on the pairing. Just remember, she loves Naruto, so expect a transition to him. He's right about 166. It was mainly on her, more so than here, so that's why it was more overblown.

Gotcha.

@Inferno Lol, when you put it that way, Sakura kinda trolled the Hyuugas.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Question: this episode has a scene where it was shooting spikes and Sakura and Kakashi dodged it. Who did the dodging?

#33 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

The deal with 166 was like this though:

-It was made much longer than it had to be, like 5-7 pages made of well, a whole episode, basically half a chapter for a whole episode when most episodes take between 1.5 to 3 chapters on average.

-It was so much filler, for Hinata's backstory, it was more like it would have been appropriate if she actually did die, it was like her lifes story kinda like what we say with Jiraya, but we knew she would live so it just defeated the purpose. Besides no one asked or even wondered about her backstory, was it necessary? We already had a good view from the manga itself in the chunin exams...

-They had to dumb Nagato down just so Hinata could land a blow when he was fine and still ready to strike ASAP, they made him cough when he was still in high gear, before naruto went 6 tails

-The episode seemingly used the high quality animation for 10 minutes in a row which came at a cost:

-which resulted in this abomination:

my_pain_is_greater_than_yours__by_beluce

and then the fight with 6 tails naruto goes to tom and jerry antics.

and this is why the joke of Studio Pierrot going overboard with this episode was made with they blow the budget on 166 and had to resort to the animation they did with the following episodes making pain reduced to goo.

But maybe this was all due to the fact that pain blasted her like a bug ASAP in the manga and they felt "it wasn't good enough" but we all wanted to see an epic fight with pain, not a love story background that otherwise was non-canon and made no difference. It was basically, yes Studio Pierrot thats nice and lovely but that episode because it was just unessessary, it made people like me react to it like this:

f52011768acad7db1fbcf2224a6fc3609b7c31e8

because it wasn't in the manga and because it was filler, it was never and will never be referenced again. Kinda a lot for nothing to come. Even then there were hundreds of ways it could have been done better, like a bit extra would not have been bad, but an entire episode? Sorry but no...

Edited by Inferno180, 05 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#34 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Yes Studio Pierrot likes Hinata, they admitted this themselves, however at the same time they support NS. While Viz likes NH.

This reminds me, it seems in recent times, kinda like in the war arc, we got small extra scenes with sakura, nothing major but like in the manga between 540 and 573 those were here appearences for a while, but when in the episode where naruto became friends with kurama, we got that small scene with her and shizune heading out to assist him, I mean small stuff like that.

But besides this episode getting the stuff out of the way, I think the one thing that was good was this:

The Hyuga are supposed to be the best defenders and yet Sakura did the easiest thing imaginable, just lift up a slab of stone and use it as a shield, seriously that was just so simple and it protected her and those other 2 shinobi while HInata just deflected one wooden stick.... I mean didnt any other earth users try this? Wind users could have deflected some, fire maybe even incinerate some of the wooden stakes, but really this is all it took to defend from it, sakura lifting a stone slab to protect herself and others? I mean its filler and not-canon but still just ironic in scope.

I mean this episode was sad with neji dying but seriously? I'm more amazed SP didn't show Hinata doing more and instead she deflected one stick....... well guess its good she her moment passed because now theres no NH in sight for a while, even in the present space of the manga.

All I have to say is this in terms of intelligence Sakura>Everyone.

Just like you said Sakura did the easiest thing and managed to do the impossible save a life.

Also this proves what I said in one of my rants, Hinata could've easily saved Naruto's life. There were a lot of way for her to save Naruto but she choose to commit suicide again, instead of actually doing something useful.

Edited by Nostradamus, 05 June 2014 - 02:16 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#35 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Question: this episode has a scene where it was shooting spikes and Sakura and Kakashi dodged it. Who did the dodging?

No one.. they didn't show that scene in the anime, dunno why...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#36 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Oh I have many reasons to despise 166, especially since the fight was toned down badly in order for 166 to happen and 167 just made an ass of itself.

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

No one.. they didn't show that scene in the anime, dunno why...

That's weird. What's next? Not showing Sakura getting knocked down by the tree.

#38 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sorry I was too lazy to say that She used the rock to shield the attack of the Juubi.

That's because Sakura is awesome.

Actually, this episode was really good...

It was because they didn't make the same mistake as 166.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#39 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

I thought that was funny, if that wasn't supposed to be slow motion she had plenty of time to drag him out of the way

it doesn't even mater if it was slow motion the thing is Hinata positioned herself in front of Naruto before Neji came up , for that amount of time she could have pull herself and Naruto out of there so yeah she had plenty of time to do that but she has no brain cells in her had at all except Naruto Kun so there is that :zaru: .  

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#40 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Oh I have many reasons to despise 166, especially since the fight was toned down badly in order for 166 to happen and 167 just made an ass of itself.

This is why stopped watching the anime besides the pointless fillers after the Pein arc maybe just maybe i would watch it after the manga is finished for now i'm just waiting for 631 i will continue from there . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users