#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

folklore

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 September 2013 - 08:17 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Wow

Christianity?

Responce

#23 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

So much religion...... it appears to not just be Japanese anymore either... the explanations in this chapter were very interesting. We also know the sages first and last name... and apparently he is related to all shinobi that use chakra..

#24 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Wow

Christianity?

my thoughts

Edited by Otaru, 10 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#25 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Wow... I honestly don't know what to say about this chapter. It's quite shocking what they revealed about the origins of the ten tails and man... everyone dying on the battlefield because their chakra was drained from them, what a way to go. I'm glad to see Sakura is still hanging in there despite being injured or just having her chakra drained thanks to the tree. Is it possible she could lose her seal because of the tree?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#26 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

folklore

hm..

Edited by Psychox, 10 September 2013 - 08:22 AM.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#27 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

or maybe

#28 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

folklore

The flaw with this is that man had existed before Kaguya ate the fruit. It doesn't explain how chakra could have been passed onto others when it was hereditarily acquired by the Sage. No reference to the tree's power being transferable outside of those related by blood to Kaguya was ever given. For that explanation to hold up everyone that uses chakra in the Naruto universe would have to  have married into the Senju/Uchiha/Uzumaki bloodline. Or in other words, everyone is distantly related to one of those three clans. 

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Responce

You'll find Atheck that many religions share common traits amongst themselves. If you do enough research, Christianity is not the only religion with the story of a tree, the first man(woman?), forbidden fruit, and foretelling of messiahs coming into the world. It could very well be that all religion is connected and have the same origin, but time, just like facts, changes things. Even in this universe, people forget the truths to what really happened. Madara says this himself.

I have a theory that all major religions are connected (save for Scientology and some that are barely 50 years old.) Sure, it might not be direct for Christianity, but come on powers come from the palms of the hands creating holes that look like nails used to crucify people? A tree with forbidden fruit that gains a knowledge that mankind is not really supposed to have? It's pretty hard not to make the connections.

However, you do have a point. Christianity is not the only religion, so perhaps it is not just Christianity it is referencing, but rather how all religions have a same basic origin story that eventually gets deluded and faded over time.

Ano did this with Evangelion, so why not Kishimoto with Naruto?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 September 2013 - 08:30 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

or maybe

others have...

#31 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

my thoughts

I'm reading this right now, don't know how accurate it is, as it is wikipedia, but apparently she was discovered inside a stalk of glowing bamboo.

The flaw with this is that man had existed before Kaguya ate the fruit. It doesn't explain how chakra could have been passed onto others when it was hereditarily acquired by the Sage. No reference to the tree's power being transferable outside of those related by blood to Kaguya was ever given. For that explanation to hold up everyone that uses chakra in the Naruto universe would have to  have married into the Senju/Uchiha/Uzumaki bloodline. Or in other words, everyone is distantly related to one of those three clans. 

Unless current shinobi are all descendents of people/families who were disciples of RS.  He could have transfered chakra to his students (assuming he did travel and teach Ninshu as Jiraiya said).

Edited by morgaine4, 10 September 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#32 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Ok, I am sure now that Sakura will have something to do soon... About that interview I said earlier, I found it.

So in the interview was something along the lines:

2014 movie. [getting there] More deaths coming. [we had plenty] God's seat. Team 10 development.[had it] Hyuuga development.[had it also]

Many Japanese enjoy cherry bloosom viewing with sake and snacks from ancient days.

Sakura means cherry blossom in Japanese, and sakura has special meanings.

"Sa" means "God" in old Japanese, and "Kura" means "Seat" in old Japanese too.

Tottaly, "Sakura" means " God's seat".

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#33 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Kaguya

"All of Kaguya's normal weapons are objects which are mentioned throughout Japanese mythology and have been worshiped since ancient times. Sakaki, also known as the Japanese cleyera, is thought to be a holy plant within Shintoism in which a god may reside. A branch from the tree separates mortals from deities, yet also acts as a physical bridge for them to connect to one another. It is often seen in shrines as a protective charm. Its distant cousin Japanese eurya, or Hisakaki, acts as her second level weapon. Due to their similar appearances both plants carry the same religious symbolism, except the eurya grows in the western islands unlike the cleyera in the east. The eurya's flowers are also used in the language of the flowers, representing a flower to appease the gods.

Her third level weapon is named after an evergreen banana tree. Within Japan, it is regarded as holy tree which is said to house the spirit of a god. It predates the cleyera's rite for the claim as it's argued to have been mentioned briefly during Amenouzume's dance to coax Amaterasu from her cave. The dancing goddess either used a branch of the tree or danced on top of it. Kaguya's fourth level weapon is mentioned within mythology the moment Amaterasu curiously peaked from the cave. A deity known as Futodama presented Ihotsu no Masakaki to her. The evergreen tree branch was adorned by the Yata-no-Kagami and magatama gems. The presentation of Ihotsu no Masakaki is thought to be the earliest mention of the tamagushi ritual.

Kaguya's second unique set of weapons tie her to the moon. Her first weapon mentions rice cakes which are made during the full moon to celebrate the Moon Viewing Festival. China uses it celebrate Chang'e while Japan's religious reasons for the festivities are to pray for a bountiful harvest. Both countries celebrate the festival on the August 15th, which is the same archaic date Kaguyahime left the mortal realm for the moon. Her second weapon is named after the shadow of the rabbit on the full moon. Since rice cakes are mentioned in her previous weapon, it's probable that the rabbit could have made them."

Interesting

Edited by Otaru, 10 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#34 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

You'll find Atheck that many religions share common traits amongst themselves. If you do enough research, Christianity is not the only religion with the story of a tree, the first man(woman?), forbidden fruit, and foretelling of messiahs coming into the world. It could very well be that all religion is connected and have the same origin, but time, just like facts, changes things. Even in this universe, people forget the truths to what really happened. Madara says this himself.

I have a theory that all major religions are connected (save for Scientology and some that are barely 50 years old.) Sure, it might not be direct for Christianity, but come on powers come from the palms of the hands creating holes that look like nails used to crucify people? A tree with forbidden fruit that gains a knowledge that mankind is not really supposed to have? It's pretty hard not to make the connections.

However, you do have a point. Christianity is not the only religion, so perhaps it is not just Christianity it is referencing, but rather how all religions have a same basic origin story that eventually gets deluded and faded over time.

Ano did this with Evangelion, so why not Kishimoto with Naruto?

I'm not going to let this devolve into a religious debate but I will argue that Kishi is selectively choosing his home country's personal mythos as the basis for his manga. That is the existing source material which he incorporated. The similarities may exist but they're likely only just coincidental as far as the Naruto series is concerned. It isn't reality but there is an underlying approach through which the author has chosen to take the series based off those belief systems. 

So in other words, even though I agree with your post's detailing about the relations between major religions, that similarity has no significance to Kishi. This http://en.wikipedia....iki/Kaguya-hime is apparently the information being used for this chapter.

That still doesn't account for the existence of chakra in everyone when it was only the Sage's mother that consumed the fruit. 

Edited by Atheck, 10 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#35 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Actually, some of the Mythology in this story seems similar to Chinese mythology (according to wiki again), I wonder if that could have influenced Japanese mythology?  I'm tryiing to find any Japanese tree of life mythologies...

In Chinese mythology, a carving of a Tree of Life depicts a phoenix and a dragon; the dragon often represents immortality. A Taoist story tells of a tree that produces a peach every three thousand years. The one who eats the fruit receives immortality.

Many religions have similar concepts, global cultural exchange isn't new (even though we often act as it is).

Edited by morgaine4, 10 September 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#36 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

I think Sakura is injured, but her chakra wasn't drained. You can see that those people who have been drained were not glowing anymore --Sakura is still glowing. I think this is a plot to make Sakura unable to heal Naruto ;( too bad, I was expecting them to work together as a team... Hopefully I'm wrong and Sakura make a badass move next week...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#37 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Ok, I am sure now that Sakura will have something to do soon... About that interview I said earlier, I found it.

So in the interview was something along the lines:

2014 movie. [getting there] More deaths coming. [we had plenty] God's seat. Team 10 development.[had it] Hyuuga development.[had it also]

Many Japanese enjoy cherry bloosom viewing with sake and snacks from ancient days.

Sakura means cherry blossom in Japanese, and sakura has special meanings.

"Sa" means "God" in old Japanese, and "Kura" means "Seat" in old Japanese too.

Tottaly, "Sakura" means " God's seat".

Ok so what are you implying?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#38 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ok so what are you implying?

That there's a damn link to it which I am trying to find.

Plus, flowers and blooming? Sakura is all about flowers and her bloom.

I feel like she's going to be more and more into it starting now.

Hopefully though... and kishi doesn't screw it up. -_-

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#39 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think Sakura is injured, but her chakra wasn't drained. You can see that those people who have been drained were not glowing anymore --Sakura is still glowing. I think this is a plot to make Sakura unable to heal Naruto ;( too bad, I was expecting them to work together as a team... Hopefully I'm wrong and Sakura make a badass move next week...

Yep, how bad is she hurt we still don't know , she will heal fast since there is Kurama's chakra covering her  , plus , she can release her seal whenever she wants to .

#40 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Even though it's difficult to make out her forehead, I don't see any marking. Could it be that Sakura depleted her seal's chakra supply to rescue herself and/or others? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users