33 replies to this topic

#21 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Well not watched all the new shows that have started so far, Working was enjoyable like always, though I didn't find the humour had the same impact as previous seasons, but that could be just the way the first episode was set out, and with it likely that Yamada's story, Souta/ nami's and Yachiyo/Satou's relationships will likelybe furthered it's posibble that there is more drama in this season than the others.

The only other show I've seen that looks interesting is Charlotte...In fact I get the feeling this will likely be the standout show of the season, you can tell this has the Key studios stamp all over it, feels very similar to Angel Beats in that regards, and the hero gives off the poor mans Lalouch vibe about him. I have high expectation for this show.

iAnby7W.gif

#22 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Well not watched all the new shows that have started so far, Working was enjoyable like always, though I didn't find the humour had the same impact as previous seasons, but that could be just the way the first episode was set out, and with it likely that Yamada's story, Souta/ nami's and Yachiyo/Satou's relationships will likelybe furthered it's posibble that there is more drama in this season than the others.

The only other show I've seen that looks interesting is Charlotte...In fact I get the feeling this will likely be the standout show of the season, you can tell this has the Key studios stamp all over it, feels very similar to Angel Beats in that regards, and the hero gives off the poor mans Lalouch vibe about him. I have high expectation for this show.

Definitely one of my favorites of this season. The MC Yu totally gave me Lelouch vibes, but Yu is just the bigger jerk XD Yu's little sister is annoying to me though. I just hope that starting from episode 1, this won't become some slice of life story.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#23 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Definitely one of my favorites of this season. The MC Yu totally gave me Lelouch vibes, but Yu is just the bigger jerk XD Yu's little sister is annoying to me though. I just hope that starting from episode 1, this won't become some slice of life story.

I didn't think the little sister was so bad, or maybe i'm just old and all little girls remind me of my neices and I give them a by, will find out in a couple of week after i've watched more episodes how I think. There is definitely a plot, it's a project by Key who made Visual Novels like Clanned, Little Busters, Air and Kanon, and also wrote the story for Angel Beats (which later also got made into a VN) so I would expect some dark history and drama here, with a big dollop of high jinx humour.

Angel Beats is one of my favourite animes, and that last schene between Angel and Yuzuru iis one my favourite schenes, so I expect something good for the anime first follow up from the same team.

iAnby7W.gif

#24 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

I didn't think the little sister was so bad, or maybe i'm just old and all little girls remind me of my neices and I give them a by, will find out in a couple of week after i've watched more episodes how I think. There is definitely a plot, it's a project by Key who made Visual Novels like Clanned, Little Busters, Air and Kanon, and also wrote the story for Angel Beats (which later also got made into a VN) so I would expect some dark history and drama here, with a big dollop of high jinx humour.

Angel Beats is one of my favourite animes, and that last schene between Angel and Yuzuru iis one my favourite schenes, so I expect something good for the anime first follow up from the same team.

His little sister is too energetic for me. And I don't like her voice. In all honesty, she just reminds me too much of a moe character, and I'm iffy on moe sometimes.

Ok, that's good to hear from you. I hope there will be a plot. P.A. Works generally has some beautiful animation going on, and relatively good animes (with the exception of Glasslip).

Never watched Angel Beats, but I'll plan on watching it soon.

What other animes are you planning on watching? Thought about giving Gangsta or Ranpo Kitan a try?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

His little sister is too energetic for me. And I don't like her voice. In all honesty, she just reminds me too much of a moe character, and I'm iffy on moe sometimes.

Ok, that's good to hear from you. I hope there will be a plot. P.A. Works generally has some beautiful animation going on, and relatively good animes (with the exception of Glasslip).

Never watched Angel Beats, but I'll plan on watching it soon.

What other animes are you planning on watching? Thought about giving Gangsta or Ranpo Kitan a try?

Neither of them are really my cup of tea, I might give them a try but those animes tend not to appeal to me.

Honestly Charlotte and Working were the only two definates for me, Also Durarara, and Gakkou Gurashi don't let the Moe look fool you, if it stays true to the manga it's should be really good, the manga prety much  starts with the MC greating everyone in school, going happy go lucky, and then you get the actual scene and you see a empty school and all the friends the classmates outside as Zombies. I'm interested to see how they adapt this to anime. I'll probably try few others as well but no idea which ones.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

@harry
I don't read the manga, is this zombie because of that curse sword or like Romero zombie?

#27 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:26 AM

@harry
I don't read the manga, is this zombie because of that curse sword or like Romero zombie?

Curse Sword? Well Zombie as is Romero Zombie I guess, the typical slow flesh eating type.

iAnby7W.gif

#28 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:00 AM

Neither of them are really my cup of tea, I might give them a try but those animes tend not to appeal to me.

Honestly Charlotte and Working were the only two definates for me, Also Durarara, and Gakkou Gurashi don't let the Moe look fool you, if it stays true to the manga it's should be really good, the manga prety much  starts with the MC greating everyone in school, going happy go lucky, and then you get the actual scene and you see a empty school and all the friends the classmates outside as Zombies. I'm interested to see how they adapt this to anime. I'll probably try few others as well but no idea which ones.

Ok, tell me what you think if you do try them out!

Trying to catch up on Durarara right now. Kind of want to try to fit in an anime sequel in this season besides Gintama. So far I love it. While the concept is entirely different (or better: I still have no idea what is going on after two episodes), I get strong Baccano vibes from Durarara. Huge cast, jumping back and forth in time, a mysterious character, magic/supernatural abilities etc. Needless to say, I loved Baccano XD

Zombies... Not a big fan of those type of stories. I might check out the first episode to Gakkou Gurashi though. Moe would never be a reason for me to not watch an anime.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#29 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

Ok, tell me what you think if you do try them out!

Trying to catch up on Durarara right now. Kind of want to try to fit in an anime sequel in this season besides Gintama. So far I love it. While the concept is entirely different (or better: I still have no idea what is going on after two episodes), I get strong Baccano vibes from Durarara. Huge cast, jumping back and forth in time, a mysterious character, magic/supernatural abilities etc. Needless to say, I loved Baccano XD

Zombies... Not a big fan of those type of stories. I might check out the first episode to Gakkou Gurashi though. Moe would never be a reason for me to not watch an anime.

Omg you began on Durarara!! :hi5:  Lmao, you'll understand the series better after some more episodes. (I understood nothing when I first started watching it) 

But you'll love it!

Edited by Mixer, 07 July 2015 - 07:45 AM.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#30 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:58 AM

Omg you began on Durarara!! :hi5:  Lmao, you'll understand the series better after some more episodes. (I understood nothing when I first started watching it) 

But you'll love it!

How many episodes have you watched so far?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#31 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

How many episodes have you watched so far?

15 episodes from the first season  :happy: I need to finish it after Owari no seraph.
You watched 2 episodes so far, right? Lmao, I understand if you understood nothing of the series. It's really hard to understand first, but becomes better and better.   

Edited by Mixer, 07 July 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#32 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

15 episodes from the first season  :happy: I need to finish it after Owari no seraph.
You watched 2 episodes so far, right? Lmao, I understand if you understood nothing of the series. It's really hard to understand first, but becomes better and better.   

Watched another one yesterday evening. I really love this anime! Good to know that the second season is more or less split into three parts ^_^

And some of my favorite voice actors starring in the same anime :wub:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:51 AM

Watched another one yesterday evening. I really love this anime! Good to know that the second season is more or less split into three parts ^_^

And some of my favorite voice actors starring in the same anime :wub:

There's a thread for the anime, but it's locked. I'll try to ask the Mod, if they could reopen it:D

It's amazing! The animation is also really beautiful. I want to read the novels afterwards (if I can find it on the internet).
Yups happy that it's split up, then it's easier to catch up on XD

Oh, and also the opening and endings. They are SO great! lol, I listen to them so much. 

Trangy, you and Voice actors XD   

Edited by Mixer, 07 July 2015 - 12:02 PM.

#34 Maxximumhate

Maxximumhate

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama, Bleach, Noblesse and plenty others

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

Durarara is love and life XD I liked the first episode.

So far, none of the 1st episode on my to watch list have disappointed me. Dragon Ball Chou was just general stuff but good.

Ushio To Tora was 10/10. All those retro feels are going to be the death of me. It was also much funnier  than I remember from the original OVAs and better than Iexpected from Mappa. Love both OP and ED.

Gangsta was great too! Only had a little problem with the animation during the fight scenes but it was awesome. Again I love both OP and ED.

Something that I didn't even have on my radar but checked out was Gate Jietai and I like the concept a lot although I'm hoping it doesn't turn into another tedious Harem anime. The MC is kind of fun although I wish they had interoduced him better instead of "I'm an otaku first of all" for most of the episode. I couldn't understand how a civilian would act the way he did until someone mentioned the info in the newspaper  

Will try to check Charlotte later. Now I'm waiting for Overlord.

R6yd0D.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users