https://chatte-georgiana.com

#42 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm not going to let this devolve into a religious debate but I will argue that Kishi is selectively choosing his home country's personal mythos as the basis for his manga. That is the existing source material which he incorporated. The similarities may exist but they're likely only just coincidental as far as the Naruto series is concerned. It isn't reality but there is an underlying approach through which the author has chosen to take the series. 

So in other words, even though I agree with your post's detailing about the relations between major religions, that similarity has no significance to Kishi. This http://en.wikipedia....iki/Kaguya-hime is apparently the information being used for this chapter.

I am going to argue this with you Atheck because you're the kind of guy that thinks he is always right and yet when proven wrong backs down from it.

You provide a source that has no story connected to a forbidden fruit or gaining knowledge from a tree's fruit. All you have a name from a Japanese folklore and a connection with the moon. What connections does the tree have and it's forbidden fruit? That's the other half of the story. Sometimes the references in this manga has no connections to the Japanese folklore and at best just used the names from said folklore.

This is where the western side of religious culture comes in and it is a blend of it. It just might be Kishi is blending two cultures into one. What's wrong with that? You want to say it has nothing to do with Christianity, yet I have seen several Christian/Judaism symbolism within the very manga. This story is very similar to how Adam and Eve bit the apple from the tree of knowledge and gained awareness. This is a similar concept with this woman gaining the powers of chakra by biting a fruit from what is known as "The God tree."

It is interesting that Kishi is willing to break down the cultural barriers and provide a story that anyone reading can relate to. Perhaps this is completely done on purpose show casing in a real world manner how just because we have different cultures with different ideas does not mean we are all that different from each other.

This is an interesting idea for Kishi to do because it allows many Naruto readers to have a sense of connection. Ideas that were lost through time and translation. Again, this is not the first manga to do this and like I said Evangelion is one manga that purely pulls from Christian culture. I am not saying that Naruto pulls directly from Christian culture, but that Kishi is pulling many references from many religions and cultures to prove a show of unity. Isn't that what this manga is about? That you can have different ideas, yet not be rejected or outcasted because of them?

Besides you're the one kittening how "Oh, so Kishi is changing the story again" yet not really taking into awareness that there really wasn't an origin story to begin with. How can we change what never really existed in the first place?

I welcome the idea of blending of cultures.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 September 2013 - 08:55 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#43 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

For some reason reading this chapter again reminds me of Dragon Ball Z: The Tree Of Might... they both had to do with a plant of sorts feeding on an energy source of sorts, and well in the end, a well placed spirit bomb got rid of the tree, maybe something similar will happen in the next chapter?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#44 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

That there's a damn link to it which I am trying to find.

Plus, flowers and blooming? Sakura is all about flowers and her bloom.

I feel like she's going to be more and more into it starting now.

Hopefully though... and kishi doesn't screw it up. -_-

Atunci iti urez mult noroc in a face legatura intre Sakura si copacul vietii. Pentru ca in moment de fata eu n-am nici cea mai vaga idee cum ar putea Kishi sa o lege pe Sakura de copacul vietii fara sa fie o chestie nascocita.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#45 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Anyway to me there's something definitely incoming... I mean, a woman, a tree, flowers, chakra... it smells too much Sakura.

Hope I am not wrong!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

#46 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Have u noticed that the seal is gone?

Sadly, yes, i don't see the diamond  on her forehead ... So it appears that either she released it to save fodder or herself  + shinobi in the matter.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#47 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yep, how bad is she hurt we still don't know , she will heal fast since there is Kurama's chakra covering her  , plus , she can release her seal whenever she wants to .

Oooooh yes you're right ! Maybe Kishi did this on purpose to make her release her seal ! I would love this !

By the way i love the way Saru saved Naruto. this drawing is great.

Anyway to me there's something definitely incoming... I mean, a woman, a tree, flowers, chakra... it smells too much Sakura.

Hope I am not wrong!

I think maybe you're hoping too much from Kishi... i don't think he will make Sakura THIS important.

But i would like your theory to be right, i can assure you !

Edited by Otaru, 10 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#48 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Oooooh yes you're right ! Maybe Kishi did this on purpose to make her release her seal ! I would love this !

By the way i love the way Saru saved Naruto. this drawing is great.

I think maybe you're hoping too much from Kishi... i don't think he will make Sakura THIS important.

But i would like your theory to be right, i can assure you !

I just love the way how Saru waved  that giant .... stick of his to save Naruto  :D :P .

Edited by Psychox, 10 September 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#49 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Meayh, probably I put my hopes too high, again...

#50 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

^Kishi is preparing something for her and its big and its gonna be awesome , don't loose hope just yet . After all she has been out of the picture for like 3 years , its only fair to give her panel time , how big her role in the fighting will be ? I guess we'll have to wait to the next chapter :/ :argh:

#51 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Meayh, probably I put my hopes too high, again...

I hope he will make her release her seal at least ! but if the seal is gone.... maybe he will introduce Tsunade now...

Edited by Otaru, 10 September 2013 - 09:16 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#52 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think Kaguya, Rikudou's mother, simply obtained the knowledge of chakra manipulation at its most basic form, unlike Rikudou who founded the modern teachings of Ninjutsu and Chakra manipulation. Y'know how there are ancient teachings of something and then as time passes, it becomes modernized. Kaguya is the one who spread the teachings of Ancient Ninjutsu. While as her son spread the teachings of Modern Ninjutsu. It is a bit contrived, but if I remember correctly, it was indeed stated that RS founded Modern Ninjutsu. But if there is supposed to be a "Modern" ninjutsu. Then "ancient" Ninjutsu should exist.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#53 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

about the chakra thing. Maybe translation is a bit off and that's why this confusion of if humans have chakra or not.

Anyway her son was born with different body than other humans but still was able to reveal the secrets of chakra.

And somehow there should be a connection to the sage chakra and the fact that he was named a sage...

#54 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think Kaguya, Rikudou's mother, simply obtained the knowledge of chakra manipulation at its most basic form, unlike Rikudou who founded the modern teachings of Ninjutsu and Chakra manipulation. Y'know how there are ancient teachings of something and then as time passes, it becomes modernized. Kaguya is the one who spread the teachings of Ancient Ninjutsu. While as her son spread the teachings of Modern Ninjutsu. It is a bit contrived, but if I remember correctly, it was indeed stated that RS founded Modern Ninjutsu. But if there is supposed to be a "Modern" ninjutsu. Then "ancient" Ninjutsu should exist.

Don't think so I think something happened to her. Probably killed but by who the juubi or another human.

#55 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ok, I am sure now that Sakura will have something to do soon... About that interview I said earlier, I found it.

So in the interview was something along the lines:

2014 movie. [getting there] More deaths coming. [we had plenty] God's seat. Team 10 development.[had it] Hyuuga development.[had it also]

Many Japanese enjoy cherry bloosom viewing with sake and snacks from ancient days.

Sakura means cherry blossom in Japanese, and sakura has special meanings.

"Sa" means "God" in old Japanese, and "Kura" means "Seat" in old Japanese too.

Tottaly, "Sakura" means " God's seat".

I remember this but it was a fake interview, generated by some hyuuga fans on twitter during the late jump festa but in that occasion Kishi has never gotta interviewed...

Edited by 六道仙人, 10 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#56 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Also, I can't help but wonder... Sakura's DB 3:

「桜の花が美しいのは、経てきた苦境や悲しみを養分とするからだ――という言葉がある。確かに木ノ葉のクノ 一、春野サクラも、経験してきた悲しみの数だけ、美しく成長してきた。身近な者の死、そして最愛の人との別 れ…。だが傷つくそのたびに前を向き、強き自身を涙に誓うサクラ。それら胸に刻まれた哀傷、さらに、元より 備えていた忍としての資質は、伝説のクノ一、綱手を師に得ることで、確実に結実しつつある。艶やかなる満開 の桜が、戦野を舞う日は近い!近い!」

There’s a saying: “Turning hardship and grief into nourishment is what makes a sakura, a cherry tree’s flower, so gorgeous”. Indeed, Haruno Sakura, a kunoichi from Konoha grew up beautifully out of the sorrows she’s experienced. The death of a close one, then the parting of ways with the person she loved… But whenever she was hurt, she faced forward, and tearfully vowed to become stronger. Those sorrows engraved into her heart, her predispositions as a shinobi will certainly prove even more fruitful, as she’s obtained apprenticeship under Tsunade, the legendary kunoichi. The day when the entrancingly graceful, fully bloomed sakura flower dances upon the battleground is close at hand!

616 cover tells us that "Flowers dancing on the battlefield, make your move heroes and heroines".

The same battlefield that was mention in BD3 and now we have Sakura on the battlefield and a flower blooming.

I don't know if it's that much of a coincidence, tbh.

I remember this but it was a fake interview, generated by some hyuuga fans on twitter during the late jump festa but in that occasion Kishi has never gotta interviewed...

Oh, really? Sorry to hear that tho'... :(

Oh and I also found something..

"Whereas the cherry blossom tree represented the female form in China it took on a much deeper meaning in Japanese culture. The Japanese observed the life cycle of the cherry blossom tree and drew a similitude between the nature of the blossoming tree with human life in general."

A woman, the cherry tree having a connection with human life.
Damn, I hope I am not looking that much into it.

Edited by Chatte, 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#57 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

are you implying that god tree is a Cherry tree?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#58 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

The way the bud was drawn didn't it look like a lotus?

#59 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

I abolsutly loved what happened with this week's chapter of Naruto. Intitally I thought to myself how is kishi gonna make the ending of these next two chapters surpasss the last one, and wow he was able to surprise us. I still can't believe, my theory didn't come into play to this volume setup of sakura's appearance. However I can take, and will Sakura play an important from here on out; we'll just have to see. Quick question did anyone else think of Pokemon: Lucario and The mystery of mew with whole tree of beginning concept in this chapter?  

I also think now we should start placing our bets on what the big cliffhanger for the final chapter in this volume. As a whole it was a great set up.

My review to the chapter:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 10 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#60 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I do think Sakura will be given something, or at least I hope so.  Kishimoto has always associated flowers with Kunoichi (Ino, Konan, Sakura).  I don't know what she'll be allowed to do, or in what capacity, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we were shown Sakura -supposedly in a bad place- right before the flower bloomed.  As soon as Madara spoke of the flower blooming, I thought of Sakura (though that might be because I absolutely adore her), but it's not a coincidence that she was featured among fodder ninja (as Naruto was looking at the ninja who were harmed).  Having said that, I really hope she hasn't released her seal yet, and her seal disappearance is a mistake or that it wasn't drawn in because of how tiny she was in that panel (they seem to forget Minato ET eyes quite often), because when Sakura releases her seal I want to see the details of WHY she released it.  I don't want for her to release it off panel.

Edited by morgaine4, 10 September 2013 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users