Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Resident Evil Revelations Wikipedia Page --Click here to view--

GAMEPLAY
Resident Evil Revelations will see a return to the survival horror gameplay of earlier series installments, with returning elements such as a limited supply of ammunition, and more emphasis on exploration and puzzle solving. As in Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, the game's camera keeps an over-the-shoulder view from behind the playable character.The player may move the protagonist while aiming a weapon, and has the option to switch between a first-person and third-person perspective. A new item, the supply scanner, detects items hidden throughout the game's environments.

PLOT
The game is set in 2005, between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. It depicts the events shortly after the establishment of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), a counter-terrorism group introduced in Resident Evil 5. The story revolves around BSAA co-founders Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, the protagonists of the first Resident Evil. Chris and his partner Jessica have gone missing, and Jill is dispatched to a cruise ship in Europe to investigate their whereabouts. On her mission, Jill is joined by fellow BSAA operative Parker Luciani. Settings in addition to the cruise ship include a port town and a snowy mountain.

DEVELOPMENT
Development of Resident Evil Revelations began before that of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, an action game that was created by the same staff members at Capcom.[ The Mercenaries 3D was intended as a test for the capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, and made the development team familiar with the handheld's technology. Resident Evil Revelations uses a new revision of the internally developed MT Framework graphics engine. Referred to as MT Framework Mobile, it was designed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS, and is based on an earlier version of the engine utilized in the third-person shooter Lost Planet 2. Depending on the mode Resident Evil Revelations is run in, some graphical effects will be toggled on and off; for example, the graphics feature anti-aliasing if the 3D mode of the Nintendo 3DS is disabled. Resident Evil Revelations is being directed by Resident Evil 5 co-designer Koushi Nakanishi, and produced by Masachika Kawata and Takayuki Hama. Tsukasa Takenaka, who provided the story background and in-game files for Resident Evil 5, is joining the team as assistant producer. According to Kawata, there will be a significantly larger amount of script in the game. The game was revealed at the E3 2010 trade show in Los Angeles. A playable demo for Resident Evil Revelations, referred to as a "pilot version" by Capcom, was released with Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

R.E: Revelations Official Site --Click here to view--

Resident Evil returns to survival horror with a brand new storyline and a new level of tension and intrigue. A brand new setting delivers a more tense and intriguing gameplay experience than any Resident Evil to date!. Built from the ground up to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations delivers outstanding visuals that bring the fear to life.

The action bridges the gap between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, unveiling new adventures for Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield. Jill and her new partner, Parker Luciani, have been sent on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship in the Mediterranean, to search for Chris Redfield, based on his last known GPS coordinates. Far from being empty, the ship hides danger around every corner as Jill and Parker explore the confined space of the ship and must face a menacing new horror that emerges from the darkness.

Adding a new unique horror setting to the series, Resident Evil Revelations gives players the chance to venture underwater as they try to escape the terrifying creatures that are roaming the ship. But even the water isn't safe as the creatures continue to attack from the depths while Jill and Parker make a desperate bid to make it off the ship alive.

Game Features:

• All new Resident Evil — New storyline featuring series favorite — Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield and introducing BSAA member Parker Luciani
  • Classic survival horror gameplay returns — Explore the dark, sinister areas of the cruise ship; there's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide with evil creeping out of the shadows
  • Flexible touch screen functionality — Using the touch screen adds depth to puzzle solving and provides easy access to switching weapons on the fly
  • Use your equipment — Use the Genesis scanning equipment to analyze enemy weaknesses and hidden items that will prove crucial for the player's survival
  • Brand new threat — A new kind of horror is set to join the legions of Resident Evil; for the first time ever in the series, players will encounter enemies underwater, adding a unique challenge to the mix of gameplay
  • Alternate Aiming Perspectives — Players can choose the shooting style that suits them with the ability to alternate between first and third person views to best pin point enemies
Link to the site-> http://www.residente...tions/index.php
The article of IGN about the game-> http://uk.ds.ign.com...077/077738.html
The Kotaku page and the Demo of RE-> http://kotaku.com/58...a-single-second

So what do you guys think? I really want to buy a 3DS and try the game smile.gif

Edited by Black Rose, 04 September 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#2 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Forgot this one from Gamescom:

It's a awesome looking game and as a RE fan i would love to have it in my collection but i just can't see myself buying a 3DS just to play it. Hopefully they'll port it to Xbox Live & PSN on down the road. smile.gif

#3 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I would buy the 3DS just for this game honest. eager.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#4 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

I don't care for the 3DS so I hope they consider releasing this for the PS3!

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#5 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Just another reason to buy a 3DS.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#6 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Actually this is the only and only reason why I want to buy this sooo badly! 3D resident evil must be freaking amazing biggrin.gif

#7 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Sep 4 2011, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a awesome looking game and as a RE fan i would love to have it in my collection but i just can't see myself buying a 3DS just to play it. Hopefully they'll port it to Xbox Live & PSN on down the road. smile.gif

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Nov 24 2011, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got the Zelda 3DS bundle preordered. biggrin.gif

Looks like curiosity killed the cat as in myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users