146 replies to this topic

#41 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

This chapter was good for one thing though. Confirming how awesome Danzou is. pimp.png

#42 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

I have an interesting theory if anyone would like to listen.

What if Naruto does go back to the village and he is with Hinata. Hinata has her opportunity now to be with Naruto, but she says to him instead "I love you, but I also want you to be happy no matter what. You need to go after her and tell her how you truly feel or you will regret it forever. No matter what happens, I will always be here for you." Naruto then snaps out of his state of mind, says thank you Hinata and then goes after Sakura.

I know NaruHina fans would probably rave saying it makes the couple canon, but if this did happen I would give a whole lot of new respect for Hinata and wonder what Hinata would say if she herself said that Naruto needs to be with Sakura?

I know Hinata is not a bad character, but she would gain so many points if she did this.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#43 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 16 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Sasuke is doing things for his own purposes, but isn't really evil because he is not going on a blind killing spree. He just wants to punish those who did wrong to him. No mistake though, if you get in his way he will take you out.

I thought he wanted to take out all of Konoha... even them that did no wrong to him... unsure.gif ... because they benefited from the peace brought about by Itachi's sacrifice... even Danzou said it, "But you, you've rejected Itachi's will, his cause. "

I think that's pretty evil, and I think it's on par with a blind killing spree. sad.gif I would agree with you if all he wished to do was kill the Konoha elders...

I agree with you on all the rest though, what with Danzou not being so bad, and Madara being... Madara tongue.gif

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Dec 16 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually she didnt scream becaus eof that. It happened after she screamed.

I think i understand why though. Sasuke must have been generating a massive amount of dark killer intent and chakra. for someone like Karin whose abiltiity to sense chakra is very keen. it must be the equivalent of getting hit in the head with a sledgehammer.

Oh, you're right. Now I feel sorry for Karin shamefulcry0js.gif Getting hit by a sledgehammer hurts...

Edited by Raspberii, 16 December 2009 - 10:40 PM.

meh.

#44 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Whatever happens, I just can't see Hinata trying to ''claim'' Naruto while Sakura's away.

#45 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 16 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an interesting theory if anyone would like to listen.

What if Naruto does go back to the village and he is with Hinata. Hinata has her opportunity now to be with Naruto, but she says to him instead "I love you, but I also want you to be happy no matter what. You need to go after her and tell her how you truly feel or you will regret it forever. No matter what happens, I will always be here for you." Naruto then snaps out of his state of mind, says thank you Hinata and then goes after Sakura.

I know NaruHina fans would probably rave saying it makes the couple canon, but if this did happen I would give a whole lot of new respect for Hinata and wonder what Hinata would say if she herself said that Naruto needs to be with Sakura?

I know Hinata is not a bad character, but she would gain so many points if she did this.

This is possible, though not in the way you may think. It would be out of character for Hinata to say she loves him in that way. Her confession was the exception to the rule. Also Kishimoto is more subtle with feelings for the most part while he can be blunt in some occasions his tendencies are more subtle.

However that said a brief conversation between the two would not be out of the question and would more than likley result in a similar scenario with Naruto going after Sakura.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#46 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

I really doubt that Hinata would ever try to "claim him" like the NH fans say she would. I think Naruto has forgotten the confession, since he forgets anything after he goes Kybui mode. James you theory is a possibility, but not very likely due to the fact that she barely shows up, and the plot does look like it going that way thought. I am not ruling it out as a possibility.

Agreed that Batman can play the Darkness revenge thing very well, and Sasuke can not.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 17 December 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#47 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Dec 16 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Batman can actually pull off the darkness thing. Sasuke can't.

Batman can pull off a lot of things other people can't; like being a Pirate and dropkicking a shark.

When I see Sasuke dropkick a shark, then maybe I might not completely dismiss him.
bd5.jpg

#48 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

You guys are starting to sound like NaruHina fans with the whole "She wouldn't do that, that would be out of character" stuff or the "She is not that kind of person" stuff. By this time in the manga I am willing to expect anything.

(NaruSaku fan: What is Sakura confessed?
NaruHina fan: She wouldn't do that, that would be out of character.
Ironic what happened? Is she still out of character by saying she will kill Sasuke?)

I think we all have read this manga enough to expect the unexpected.

Also, some people say they Kishimoto won't get that blunt. Eventually he is going to have to be blunt about something in order to make the climax. If he keeps writing ambiguous lines of dialogue or plot holes then you will never get an ending to the story. The manga will just keep going on forever.

Eventually, he is going to have to answer some questions in the manga. Sasuke dies....maybe blunt, but it is better than saying "Sasuke dies....or does he?" or even our favorite "Sakura loves Naruto....or does she?"

The question is, do you want Naruto manga to end or do you not?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 December 2009 - 12:07 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:11 AM

I also like danzous words ım more certain now than before sasuke never understand itachi so for me
İtachis death was meanless..
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

#50 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

I don't see Hinata having that sort of conversation with Naruto.

I *could* imagine Ino trying to get Naruto to "rescue" Sasuke from the rest of the village, perhaps,
and that would lead to Ino's surprise when Naruto mentions Sakura's confession. Ino has enough
history with Sakura (which Hinata does not) that she could give insight to Naruto.

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Dec 16 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually for me its about time he broke.

im sorry but no ones "THAT STRONG!" everyone has a point where all the crap in the world being dumped on their shoulders bends or even breaks.

Sheesh is it any wonder the poor guy hyperventilated?

Ive had days when i felt like an anxiety attack was kicking in and i didnt have even a quarter of the stuff hes had to deal with dumped in my lap.
So yeah im gonna cut the poor guy some slack

I'm willing to cut him some slack as well.
It takes more toughness and courage to deal with weakness, than it is to act tough and live a lie.

I had a case where (intellectually) I figured out what the truth was, for months, but I still got faint
when I heard the news directly, without a doubt. Emotions and denial are very tricky things to deal with.
(Yes, it involved a girl. tongue.gif )

#51 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 16 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Sasuke or Danzou truly evil...just bad guys.

Madara is probably the real "evil" one who wants to destroy the world for power. It seems Sasuke is doing things for his own purposes, but isn't really evil because he is not going on a blind killing spree. He just wants to punish those who did wrong to him. No mistake though, if you get in his way he will take you out.

Danzou also is not really an evil guy, but someone who is willing to do anything to gain something. He is willing to do bad things for the rights reasons. Like he says, is it not so easy to explain why.

Ya never really thought about that.

But just wondering where does everyone think the line between Bad and Evil is.

Personaly I do think there is a diference but everyone has difernet opions of when you stop being just Bad and cross the line into EVIL

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 16 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Naruto has forgotten the confession, since he forgets anything after he goes Kybui mode.

Sometimes Naruto just forgets things peroid unless its really important.

#52 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

As a person that suffers from a severe anxiety disorder, I not only understand why Naruto is freaking out as much as he is, I think it's way past time.

He's had his home destroyed, his life disrupted, his grandparents die and go into a coma, the first person to ever tell him they loved him nearly died in front of him while he could do nothing to prevent it, found out that the one person that truly saved him from the darkness of hatred and loneliness has now embraced those concepts himself, and to top it all off, the woman he loves and the people he considers precious to him are all agreed on the fact that the one person he's tried his hardest to save has to be put down like a rabid dog.

The fact is, Uzumaki Naruto is 16 years old. He's not a battle hardened war veteran with a thousand kills under his belt. He's a kid. To expect him to be entirely together after all of this is laughable, and even insulting to his character.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 17 December 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#53 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:48 AM

Danzo's arm of Sharingans has me thinking about his past. He said that each had a story, so I hope Kishi shows us at least a bit of it. I couldn't help thinking of this when I saw it though. XD

I didn't expect Naruto to collapse like that but I can understand why. Everything KungFuTruffle said is true. Some may expect him to have resolved his problems by now and gone to find Sakura and hunt Sasuke. It is a bit tedious waiting an entire week for the next chapter just to have him hyperventilate and knock himself out - but we've got to remember that on the realistic side, Naruto's still a human. In fact, he's got one of the most humane personalities in the series.

I had a skim through some posts and really liked the idea of Sakura being told that Naruto needed him. It'd be a huge catch for us if she went back to Naruto and had a talk to him, helping him settle his mind. Naruto has to unload on someone, right? Then after they're done consoling each other, they'd go after Sasuke together. And if they fight, we'll get to see some of that Naruto/Sakura teamwork that was so brilliant when they fought Kakashi. Yep, definitely ideal. happy.gif

All in all, not a bad chapter. It feels like the calm before the storm; the storm being Naruto vs Sasuke, or something similar.

#54 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:05 AM

Naruto fainting over Sasuke? I wonder how Kishi will top this humiliation. :True:

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Dec 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a person that suffers from a severe anxiety disorder, I not only understand why Naruto is freaking out as much as he is, I think it's way past time.

He's had his home destroyed, his life disrupted, his grandparents die and go into a coma, the first person to ever tell him they loved him nearly died in front of him while he could do nothing to prevent it, found out that the one person that truly saved him from the darkness of hatred and loneliness has now embraced those concepts himself, and to top it all off, the woman he loves and the people he considers precious to him are all agreed on the fact that the one person he's tried his hardest to save has to be put down like a rabid dog.

The fact is, Uzumaki Naruto is 16 years old. He's not a battle hardened war veteran with a thousand kills under his belt. He's a kid. To expect him to be entirely together after all of this is laughable, and even insulting to his character.

The same goes for Sakura breaking down in tears several times lately, look at how much extreme stress she's had to deal with. Even strong women react that way to stress, then you pick yourself up and fight back that much harder- just like Sakura does.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#56 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (True @ Dec 16 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto fainting over Sasuke? I wonder how Kishi will top this humiliation. :True:

I thought breaking down and begging a Kage before they even said a word was more humiliating. Either way, is it even possible to top at this point? Sometimes I barely feel like I even know Naruto anymore. Stuff like this don't help.

Sakura's handling crap a lot better than Naruto does anymore.
bd5.jpg

#57 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Dec 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danzo thats an easy one.

Sasukes just stupid.

For Sasuke the choice is easy and pretty well out of his hands. hes driven by his need for revenge, and all madaras doing is putting targets in front of him. hell Madara doesnt even have to lie to him, just point him in the right direcxtion and like a pitbull with lockjaw hes off chasing cars.

Danzo though is clearly a proponent of using a bazooka to open a door. hes acting for his own agenda and a perceived better good for Konoha. hes always resented Hiruzen Sarutobi for winning the hokage seat from him, and fought his policies at every turn,

and remember that there are people who even still today say that policies like segregation are for the good of the nation, and that when they enforce those policies they are acting for the betterment of the nation.

I don't know, what's more evil, doing what you did to protect the lives of your village, or to seek out revenge on those who wronged you, even if it means the livs of thousands of innocents?

But I would agree Danzou is the evil of the two, as unlike Sasuke, he's the one making the decisions ordering the mahem, and even though part of him is doing everything to protect Konoha, his main purpose is to gain power himself, if he really cared for his village as much as he says he would not have abandoned it when Pain was invading.

Sasuke is a mere puppet in the show, his strings were being controlled by Itachi to make him stronger, then Orichimaru to get his body and now Madara to rule the world....he would have been great for Sasori's doll collection

iAnby7W.gif

#58 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

I agree about Sasuke. He needs to demonstrate that he can actually think for himself and make a decision on his own. Itachi was the first person to tell him what he should do with his life, then Orochimaru did some damage, and now it's Madara. Sasuke is supposedly the most mature of the kids in Team 7 but from my point of view he still has the most to learn.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#59 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 16 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought breaking down and begging a Kage before they even said a word was more humiliating. Either way, is it even possible to top at this point? Sometimes I barely feel like I even know Naruto anymore. Stuff like this don't help.

I don't want to be confrontational, but read chapter 457 again. Raikage's group was in a bad mood to begin with, with the stealth tracking and the "rudeness" of not setting up an appointment. Despite that, Naruto (only a chunin) got to plead directly to the Raikage for a stay on Sasuke's execution. It is only when the Raikage turns away ("Let's go") that Naruto plays the only card he had left, and begs him to change his mind.

What else was he going to do? Start yelling at the Raikage to change his mind? The Raikage was not going to repect a "kid", and attacking him would not be the best negotiating tactic. I think Naruto did the only thing left when making an unreasonable request to royalty. It is humiliating, but Naruto has never put his pride ahead of achieving his goals. (And for all his bluster, that glance back as the Raikage was leaving shows that Naruto did plant the tiniest seed of doubt of doubt in his mind.)

#60 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:01 AM

Everything now is just boiling down to Naruto becoming a more mentally strong Hokage. Up until now, becoming Hokage to him just meant being the most powerful shinobi. He didn't anticipate that he'd have to make such hard decisions (though Jiraiya and Itachi warned him about that). But right now, he's obviously not as emotionally strong as any of the current Five Kages. It's something he's got to work on if he's ever to be respected on the same level as them.

I'll be really surprised if he returns to Konoha after this. He's said himself that he can't sit around and do nothing, and leaving Sakura to hunt down someone much stronger than her would be doing just that. It's like when he wanted to help out in the Pain investigation despite Shizune being fully on top of that. So, I predict he'll want to go with Kakashi. I'd like it if they could have a little heart-to-heart after Naruto wakes up.
And from a literary standpoint, him going back wouldn't advance the story (as I mentioned before), and just Kakashi trying to convince Sakura wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 16 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura's handling crap a lot better than Naruto does anymore.

It pretty accurately portrays the whole "girls mature faster than boys" thing, I think.

Sakura has about reached the age where she's no longer going through puberty; Naruto hasn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users