17 replies to this topic

#1 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

huh.gif I thought tales of a gutsy ninja was related to something else buutt~ no spoilers allowed so here is the anime linkage:
Part 1 (ep 127)

Part 2 (ep 128)

Think they did a really good job with this. It's kind of like a gaiden for Jiraiya and it shows where other people's stories merge like Kakashi and Orochimaru.
Minato and Kushina together SOOO ADORABLE! I wish there were more scenes with those two!!

Edited by Nee-sama, 24 September 2009 - 05:06 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Its interesting watching the evolution of the prophecy in these episodes. especially seeing the way Jiraiya gave birth to the elements of the prophecy in his own way.

he trained the three who would become Akatsukis driving force, he trianed Minato who would give birth to Naruto the chosen one. and of course he trianed naruto.

In many ways its interesting to consider the what if of if hed stayed with Nagato, yahiko and konan. would they become the force for good and would narutos life has taken a turn for the worse with out Jiraiyas guidance? would naruto beturned by someone and become a monster?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

I REALLY liked it! So it really was the prophecy of Jiraya to became Ero-Sennin!

Catsi took ewerything else I have to say about these episodes so I really wont repeat it.

I quess I can say that there won't be another such a good filler arc.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#4 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

The prophecy said he would either destroy the world or save it, so I think if Jiraiya had made any other choices Naruto may have lost to Nagato, among other things. But, even if Jiraiya had stayed with Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato they wouldn't succeed at saving the world. They would have made more progress towards peace, for sure, but it would still be a farce, since Nagato isn't thee chosen one it's not part of his destiny.
The Naruto without Jiraiya's guidance.. too impossible to imagine! laugh.gif He'd end up with an arsenal of pervy jutsu and a harem of shadow clones, probably.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#5 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Gotta wait to watch late tonight after classes, but can't wait.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

I was impressed of the episodes! Beautifully animated, nice additions about Jiraiya; taken a glimpse on what Naruto is about to experience in Sage training animated, seeing and hearing Fukasaku and Kushina... man, Naruto has one hot mom! wink.gif

Nagato, Yahiko and Konan, is that Obito's voice I hear on Yahiko?

This is what the series should be like animated.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Aww, I liked these chapters!! Even more the Minato/Kushina part happy.gif
But now Jiraya's death is coming near shamefulcry0js.gif

#8 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

i thought after kakashi gaiden they couldn't get any better but these two episodes proved me so wrong. loved everything about it. lovely animation, parallels with team 7 (when the sannin stood at the gate before heading of to battle, i just saw team 7 there for a split second) and they really mixed in everything nicely. jiraiya's tale, the student teacher era, the sannins, the great ninja war, everything. definitely my favorite ep. oh and minato and kushina are the hottest couple ever. xD

#9 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

Heh, speaking of Minato, when he was grinning like an idiot I couldn't think rhere was THE most dangerous shinobi of the era.
Like father, like son...

I started to think just how long did 3rd ninja war last, because I got the image of Jiraya spending 3 years with those triplets and also after that Minato growing from genin to sensei.

Edited by Hak, 24 September 2009 - 11:29 PM.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#10 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

The story seems to indicate it was a long standing war with periods of intense action followed by short or sometimes long periods of light skirmishes.

The forces fo the 5 nations would more then likekly not throw massed waves at each other every battle but engage in a long series of skirmished with a few nasty big battles over strategic elements thrown in.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Sep 24 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The story seems to indicate it was a long standing war with periods of intense action followed by short or sometimes long periods of light skirmishes.

The forces fo the 5 nations would more then likekly not throw massed waves at each other every battle but engage in a long series of skirmished with a few nasty big battles over strategic elements thrown in.

Actually they messed up on several details, including one really major one with the chronology. The soon to be Sanin faced off against Hanzo during the Second Ninja war not the Third. Second Great Ninja War happened from when Nawaki died to around the time Jiraiya returned from training Yahiko, Nagato and Konan. (roughly from when the Sanin were 16-21) Kushina's birth country was probably destroyed right around the end of that war and she became a refugee child in Konoha. Jiraiya would have become the Jonin sensei to Minato and his team mates right around his return. (In the manga he even says to Nagato, Yahiko and Konan the war looks to be ending very soon- not "before you are grown".)

the Third Great Ninja War probably started right around the time Dan died, when the Sanin were right around 27 and lasted until they were 37. With the messed up chronology the episode gives Minato would been born around the same time as Kakashi. Ugh.

They also messed up on Hanzo's eyes and Konan's eyes, and the colors of Kushina's dress- in the manga Kushina's shirt part is obviously lighter than the dress part- they messed up and made the shirt darker.

Also another boo-boo character wise, Tsunade's mocking of Jiraiya- saying if she dated anyone she'd chose Orochimaru over Jiraiya- no, she disliked Orochimaru even more than she did Jiraiya- she says right inn the manga that she never liked or trusted Orochimaru. She may have actively disliked Jiraiya when they were young, but she clearly always trusted Jiraiya and despite her irritation at his acting like an ass and a pervert she much perfered his company to Orochimaru's.

That being said I actually liked these episode a lot (which made the problems I listed so frustrating! The chronology mistake especially was inexcusable) Jiraiya's character growth and Jiraiya and Tsunade's interactions from mid teens onward were fantastic. I had to laugh at the filler with Jiraiya's "Captain Oblivious" moment- Tsunade makes a very obvious leading comment about "settling down" in Konoha and Jiraiya totally misses it and talks about his destiny instead. This is even more oblivious than Naruto missing Sakura's flirting and accidentally saying something unintentionally insulting. Jiraiya was older and that was a really obvious suggestion that she was interested in being with him. Jiraiya just continued to cluelessly make the wrong (insulting then a perverted come on) approach, instead of noticing how she'd get interested when he showed his serious, determined side. He finally did notice that during their conversation before he heads off to Rain country but he still seems uncertain he's seeing what he thinks he is and tells her he's joking- this time she sees through him and knows he actually is in love with her (and she knows she's loved him).

They had some nice filler moments with Jiratsu on both sides that I really enjoyed in these episodes. I would have liked to seen a filler moment showing how he dealt with seeing DanxTsunade and what his reaction was when Dan was killed. I wish they would have also given us a filler moment showing Jiraiya with Minato and his team mates and young tomboy Kushina driving him crazy with her hanging about fighting with the boys and constantly talking.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

The TsunadexJiraiya parts made this episode for me.

What a waste shamefulcry0js.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Sep 25 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also another boo-boo character wise, Tsunade's mocking of Jiraiya- saying if she dated anyone she'd chose Orochimaru over Jiraiya- no, she disliked Orochimaru even more than she did Jiraiya- she says right inn the manga that she never liked or trusted Orochimaru. She may have actively disliked Jiraiya when they were young, but she clearly always trusted Jiraiya and despite her irritation at his acting like an ass and a pervert she much perfered his company to Orochimaru's.

Actually Tsunade only said that she would date someone LIKE Oro. Not date him. Basically she wants a strong guy who's also a genius.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Sep 26 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually Tsunade only said that she would date someone LIKE Oro. Not date him. Basically she wants a strong guy who's also a genius.

Actually she noted at that time period Jiraiya was more intelligent than she was, but she thought he was in an annoying nerdy way- "egghead". I think it was more she was talking about preferring someone who thought things out before he acted, wasn't trying to see her naked and saying perverted stuff to her. Jiraiya had plenty of brains but he tended to act without thinking when he was young.

Strength wasn't that much a factor either apparently- Orochimaru was weaker on taijutsu than either Tsunade or Jiraiya- thus his reliance on a sword and training his tongue to act like a boa constrictor's body.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, that sums up my point.

Edit: about Jiraiya's "Captain Oblivious" moment, It's because finding the destined child was more important than forming a relationship, so it was all he could think about.

Lastly, does anyone know WHERE I can see the Taka version of the episode? (streaming)

Edited by Newkerz, 28 September 2009 - 01:38 PM.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Sep 26 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's this? Sannin Love triangle? Tsunade's in love with Orochimaru AND Jiraiya?

Well, I'm kidding about Tsunade being in love with Oro, but it's an interesting idea. If Tsunade actually showed in earlier years that she had a crush on Orochimaru, but actually loved Jiraiya, it would be ridiculously similar to the Team 7 triangle.

*Picturing OroTsuna* th_twitchsmile.gif

#17 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

No, it's NOT like that. She just gave an example of her ideal guy.... that's all, she was just using him as an example.

248793.jpg

#18 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Sep 29 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's NOT like that. She just gave an example of her ideal guy.... that's all, she was just using him as an example.

Uhm, I know it's not like that. I was just saying it would be interesting if it were like that, like the Team 7 triangle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users