34 replies to this topic

#21 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:47 AM

Well I feel a tad betrayed..

I worked long hours on presenting the content of this topic to you all just to have it heavily bashed and criticized, especially how many of you are stating that i'm ignorant to the Sonic universe and didn't do any research on it, well in order for me to point out the Similarities the Sonic verse shares with the Naruto verse means I would have had to do RESEARCH about the two series in order to point out and compare their similarities right ?  :huh: 

fyi - no one asked you to delete your op. It was a lot of work, and people wanted to respond. Let me repeat that: posters have said it's too graphics heavy and thus can't respond. That means that people want to talk about it. 

The way to fix that is too put the graphics behind spoiler tags. There are lots and lots of ways to break up your info to make this easierr: streamlining. It's not hostility, just a simple request.

#22 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

fyi - no one asked you to delete your op. It was a lot of work, and people wanted to respond. Let me repeat that: posters have said it's too graphics heavy and thus can't respond. That means that people want to talk about it. 

The way to fix that is too put the graphics behind spoiler tags. There are lots and lots of ways to break up your info to make this easierr: streamlining. It's not hostility, just a simple request.

Well i'll admit I don't take criticism well, I am quite arrogant, because I always strive to make every single one of my points 100% correct and when some doesn't agree or either understand what I type I have to take immediate action on it because when I see things like that I question to my self "Where was I wrong ?"

I'm aware of a Spoiler Tag, although admittingly I don't know how to use them here, but I didn't really see a need for it and do research on how to do it here on these forums because my computer is able to upload 1000s of images in less than 10 seconds, I'm always used to using fancy computers which means I don't know what it's like to use a low quality one which means I don't really know how well they can process images which means I didn't really see the problem of the images you guys were complaining about in this topic and also which means I was unfortunately selfishly neglecting other posters who wanted to view this topic I guess I really didn't consider their point of view of this  :confused: 

But this topic has caused me to tarnish my rep by a significant margin So I don't see it to be a good plan for it's return, I do hope my next topic will be the sanctuary for my redemption on these forums... 

Edited by BestSasuHinaSupporter, 07 December 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#23 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:06 AM

Hey it's ok, you didn't burn down a house. You're in no need for redemption or reputation, just be a little nicer next time.

ナルサク

#24 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:40 AM

But this topic has caused me to tarnish my rep by a significant margin So I don't see it to be a good plan for it's return, I do hope my next topic will be the sanctuary for my redemption on these forums... 

This topic remains open for discussion of NS and Sonic. You can participate or not. There's no need for redemption in another topic. And if/when you do start another topic, don't fill the posts with pics. Use the spoiler tags. Then everyone can respond without having to fight with the graphics.

#25 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

1. The only thing parallel between sonic and sasuke is their blue colour and that's about it.

2. Sasuke is not the protagonist and title character, unlike sonic.

3. Tail is a sidekick and supportive character unlike naruto.

4. Yes, there's a lot of Amy and sakura parallel, minus that sonic is not an kitten.

5. Sasuke true parallel is shadow, complete with equal power level, emo, and kitten.

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thing is you can make these comparison with a lot of three people group here let me pull one out of nowhere:Picture%2B9.png

6934590_orig.jpg

Let see; both female have white and pink in their color scheme that are obsessed with romance, a male with orange and blue the seems to be the energetic one, and another with black and red (with the sharingan or uchiha fan, also granted not much in this picture).

New topic: Did Kishimoto steal from the Aristocats?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 December 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Thing is you can make these comparison with a lot of three people group he let me pull one out of nowhere:Picture%2B9.png

6934590_orig.jpg

Let see; both female have white and pink in their color scheme that are obsessed with romance, a male with orange and blue the seem to be the energetic one, and another with black and red (with the sharingan or uchiha fan, also granted not much in this pitcure).

New topic: Did Kishimoto steal from the Aristocats?

Ball o' Lies... you know that is so damn funny, and the Aristocats is one of my favorite Disney movies! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

The only Parallel I know between Sonic/Ami and Naruto/Sakura is that LadyGT shipped the two pairing, beyond that there is no link, I think the first post much have been edited because it's showing as a blank for me or considering the poster, it's so long winded that my 150mb/s connection is not enough to load the full post.

Actually there is one other parallel, Naruto/Hinata pairing made as much sense as Sonic and the human Princess in that awful Sonic game from about eight years ago.

You can't base it on colours, as the blonde, the Dark haired leads with a Pink haired female lead is not exactly original, Tales of Vesperia has the same same set-up only they did the Sasuke type charactor a million times better, if Sasuke was anything like Yuri, I'd be shipping SasuSaku as well, instead he's just weak sauce. 

In fact I started read the first chapter of a new web manga last week, and it's about a girl born with pink hair and bright blue eyes, and the first thing the doctor says is they are sorry their daughter is going to suffer growing up with the trope of being a Manga heroine.

Edited by harry4e, 12 December 2016 - 11:10 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#29 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

The only Parallel I know between Sonic/Ami and Naruto/Sakura is that LadyGT shipped the two pairing, beyond that there is no link, I think the first post much have been edited because it's showing as a blank for me or considering the poster, it's so long winded that my 150mb/s connection is not enough to load the full post.

Actually there is one other parallel, Naruto/Hinata pairing made as much sense as Sonic and the human Princess in that awful Sonic game from about eight years ago.

You can't base it on colours, as the blonde, the Dark haired leads with a Pink haired female lead is not exactly original, Tales of Vesperia has the same same set-up only they did the Sasuke type charactor a million times better, if Sasuke was anything like Yuri, I'd be shipping SasuSaku as well, instead he's just weak sauce. 

In fact I started read the first chapter of a new web manga last week, and it's about a girl born with pink hair and bright blue eyes, and the first thing the doctor says is they are sorry their daughter is going to suffer growing up with the trope of being a Manga heroine.

What's the web manga title? Also once again.

New Topic: Did Kishimoto steal from The Tales of Vesperia?2435207-tales+of+vesperia.png

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

@bail
No, he doesn't.

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

What's the web manga title? Also once again.

New Topic: Did Kishimoto steal from The Tales of Vesperia?2435207-tales+of+vesperia.png

Well He started WAY before Vesperia came out. Besides I only saw that comparison in the first place I knew the mind set of the SS fan base. As in they would any petty and wacky excuse to justify their pairing, and colour-scheme wise it seems to match :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

I didn't play Tales of Vesperia (but I know of Yuri, Flynn and Estelle as they did appear in the Project X Zone series), but the three's relationship are WAY better than messed up Team 7. Yuri is just badass, period.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Yeah they are not comparable at all. I just know that fans would use Yuri X Estelle to justify SS by appearances 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

ok now you guys are making me angry and I'm pissed, I will not sit idle while you insult and belittle my intelligence and my ability to research facts, I will now refute every single one of your points:

Sorry guys, I'm going to debunk the theory because as a Sonic fan, exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy, though imagine if they ever meet, Amy will facepalmed Sakura's "future"), none of this makes any sense at all. One thing I can say about why I debunk it entirely because Sonic the Hedgehog is a franchise that experienced multiple mediums over the years and all of them are extremely different. Those mediums have different canons, so you cannot use a character like Cosmo because she's exclusive to the Sonic X series which is now irrelevant today. And I don't know why you use her to be similar to Hinata at of all people.   :huh:

Furthermore, most of the similarities doesn't make sense. How on earth Sonic is similar to Sasuke (the only possible similarity is their color scheme) and the relationship of Sonic and Tails = Naruto and Sasuke?! WRONG, very wrong here. There is absolutely NO similarity. Sonic is beyond a character that is SO different than Sasuke, its not even funny   :wallbash: . Sonic and Tails' relationship is the more brother/sibling type, way past better than Naruto and Sasuke's. Of course, Tails' character at the time was to become more independent and move out of Sonic's shadow (pun intended towards Shadow) but that had passed. Another thing is Tails is a sidekick, most of the time you'll see its either him being "the smart guy" to Sonic and friends, or hanging out with Sonic as they're best friends/brothers in all mediums. And there is absolutely NO rivalry between Sonic and Tails whatsoever, using Sonic Adventure as a source for this, bad idea.   :down:

I don't know how you gotten the theory that Tails has some romantic tones with Amy which they both clearly doesn't (in all the mediums they appeared, they are basically friends). Using Sonic X as a source is even worse because Amy's personality at the time was heavily flanderized. As for the other characters you chose, Kakashi and Silver...,   :headscratch: Tsunade and Vanilla?   :huh: (Don't know why you went that route because Vanilla is not important as a character other than being Cream's mother), Shadow and Itachi... wuh?   :huh:    :huh:    :huh:  Gaara and Knuckles?!!! HOLD IT! We're going to stop reading right here.

BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!

I will refute everything you said:

You said: "Sorry guys, I'm going to debunk the theory because as a Sonic fan, exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy, though imagine if they ever meet, Amy will facepalmed Sakura's "future"), none of this makes any sense at all."

Nothing you have said debunks any of this theory, And also how can you say that none of this makes any sense at all then in the same sentence you said "exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy," You just contradicted yourself buddy, 

You said: "One thing I can say about why I debunk it entirely because Sonic the Hedgehog is a franchise that experienced multiple mediums over the years and all of them are extremely different. Those mediums have different canons, so you cannot use a character like Cosmo because she's exclusive to the Sonic X series which is now irrelevant today. And I don't know why you use her to be similar to Hinata at of all people.  :huh:"

It doesn't matter how many mediums and different cannons the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise has, Kishimoto copied the concepts of those multiple mediums and different cannons of the Sonic franchise and use those said mediums as inspiration for the characters he designed for his Naruto series, Such as copying the concept of Sonic and Tails relationship to use it as inspiration to create the brotherly relationship and color scheme of Sasuke and Naruto, and again doesn't matter if Cosmo is from a different cannon series in the Sonic franchise Kishimoto copied Cosmo's concept to use her as inspiration to create Hinata Hyuga, So far your points are easily countered and rendered null and void.

You said:"Furthermore, most of the similarities doesn't make sense. How on earth Sonic is similar to Sasuke (the only possible similarity is their color scheme) and the relationship of Sonic and Tails = Naruto and Sasuke?! WRONG, very wrong here. There is absolutely NO similarity. Sonic is beyond a character that is SO different than Sasuke, its not even funny   :wallbash: . Sonic and Tails' relationship is the more brother/sibling type, way past better than Naruto and Sasuke's.  

Most of these similarities doesn't make sense ? you are wrong, You can't see the similarities Sonic shares with Sasuke ? clean you're glasses man, Both Sasuke and Sonic just happen to be blue colored, both happen to have a relationship with their orange colored friend who IRONICALLY are both foxes ? Both just happen to have a obnoxious pink colored girl always harrassing them with romantic advances despite being rejected by them all the time, And they both just happen to have a rivalry with there black and red colored brother/rival who they always strive to defeat ? I just pointed out MULTIPLE  Similarities Sasuke and Sonic has as opposed to the argument your using against me that I only compared color schemes of Sasuke and Sonic, So again clean your damn glasses.

You said:"Of course, Tails' character at the time was to become more independent and move out of Sonic's shadow"

Now doesn't that sound familiar, Naruto always wanting to become stronger and move out of Sasuke's shadow because Sasuke was getting all the attention that Naruto always desired. 

You said:"Another thing is Tails is a sidekick, most of the time you'll see its either him being "the smart guy" to Sonic and friends, or hanging out with Sonic as they're best friends/brothers in all mediums. And there is absolutely NO rivalry between Sonic and Tails whatsoever, using Sonic Adventure as a source for this, bad idea.  :down:"

At the beginning of the Naruto series Naruto felt like he was Sasuke's sidekick because Sasuke was always superior to him at everything they did together so Naruto had this inferiority complex because of it just as tails always feels that he doesn't measure up to the feats of Sonic so how can they not share the sidekick similarity ? And ok one minute you state that you consider all the mediums of the Sonic franchise as cannon now your denouncing using Sonic Adventure as a cannon source to validate my points ? the game "Sonic Adventure" puts a big emphasis on Sonic and tails rivalry as I pointed out, whether Kishimoto copied Sonic and Tails rivalry from that game or not he used the concept of Sonic and Tails rivalry as Inspiration to create the relationship rivalry dynamic Sasuke and Naruto share, But I will give you the point that the only Similarity Naruto and Tails don't share is "the smart guy"

You said:"I don't know how you gotten the theory that Tails has some romantic tones with Amy which they both clearly doesn't (in all the mediums they appeared, they are basically friends). Using Sonic X as a source is even worse because Amy's personality at the time was heavily flanderized."

False! I'm beginning to question the legitimacy of your claim to be a sonic fan, Amy and Tails have a borderline romantic relationship, they constantly go out on dates, Amy relies on tails to either protect her or spend time with her when ever Sonic her love interest isn't present to do it, Now doesn't that sound familiar to Sakura and Naruto relationship dynamic ? Sasuke isn't around to satisfy Sakura's desire for him so she relies on Naruto to do the things that he isn't around to do for her,

And again it doesn't matter which cannon series of the Sonic franchise such as Sonic X anime series, Kishimoto also drew inspiration from that as well when he was constructing a relationship concept for Sakura and Naruto for his Naruto manga series, and besides, your wrong on Amy's flanderization in the Sonic X series, she kept her clingy romance lusting personality in the Sonic X series just as how she is in ALL the Sonic games/anime

You said:"As for the other characters you chose, Kakashi and Silver...,   :headscratch: Tsunade and Vanilla?   :huh: (Don't know why you went that route because Vanilla is not important as a character other than being Cream's mother), Shadow and Itachi... wuh?   :huh:    :huh:    :huh:  Gaara and Knuckles?!!! HOLD IT! We're going to stop reading right here."

Wow... you claim to be both a Naruto and Sonic series fan and yet you can't identify the similarities of the characters of these 2 franchises ?

Silver the Hedgehog just happens to be friends with Sonic, Tails, and Amy and constantly complete missions together to prevent their world from being destroyed ? Now doesn't that Sound familiar to Kakashi's team dynamic with Naruto,Sasuke and Sakura and they were all released after the aforementioned Sonic characters (Silver, Sonic,Tails,Amy) and you have the audacity to say that Kakashi and Silver have NO similarities ? and you can't see what franchise Kishimoto was CLEARLY inspired from to create (Kakashi, Naruto, Sonic, Sakura) clean your glasses...

Clearly I identified very obvious similarities between Tsunade and Vanilla you either chose to ignore them or didn't read the topic fully, Again... it DOESN'T MATTER if Vanilla the rabbit was a important character in the Sonic series or not she was USED BY KISHIMOTO as a template to give him inspiration to create Tsunade for his Naruto manga series.

Both Shadow and Itachi just happen to have have Brotherly/Rivalry type relationship with their blue colored fast moving friend ? Shadow at one point eradicated all of Sonic's friends and family now doesn't that Sound familiar to what Itachi did to Sasuke's friends and family and yet you have the audacity to call me out for just comparing "Color Scheme" between Shadow and Itachi ? clean your glasses.

When Sonic and Tails met Knuckles he was a antagonist trying to Kill both Sonic and Tails and their friends and family Now doesn't that Sound familiar to what Gaara was trying to do to Sasuke and Naruto ? and both Knuckles and Gaara just happen to be red colored and Gaara was created AFTER Knuckles was created ? clean your glasses. 

You said:"BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!"

And you wondered why I insulted you ? When you said this you were insulting my ability to research facts by saying it would tarnish the reputation of Sonic fans ? That is a clear insult and you need to acknowledge it

OK you didn't actually come up with any new arguments in the last response. I honestly thought it was the original post because it was so similar.

You're just repeating what Derock argued against..

I think Tails and Amy have some similaritires to N&S, but you're overranalyzing some parts. Example, Tails and Amy also have red shoes. It isn't something exlusive to Sonic, I don't see how it's the Uchiha crest just because of that..

You said:"OK you didn't actually come up with any new arguments in the last response. I honestly thought it was the original post because it was so similar."

Points don't ever have to be repeated if they were either understood or read the first time around, but I believe it's the former because based on the image loading complaints you guys were giving me that clearly indicates you didn't read the topic fully

You said:"You're just repeating what Derock argued against.."

Because his arguments were ignorant, he made arguments about my topic only pointing out "Color Schemes" when clearly I presented MORE than just Simple Color schemes comparisons between the characters of both the Naruto and Sonic franchises, So yes I HAD TO repeat what was already in the topic because HE CHOSE TO IGNORE THEM!! 

You said:"I think Tails and Amy have some similaritires to N&S, but you're overranalyzing some parts. Example, Tails and Amy also have red shoes. It isn't something exlusive to Sonic, I don't see how it's the Uchiha crest just because of that.."

You think Amy and Tails have SOME similarities compared to Naruto and Sakura, again, replies such as these are clear indications that you didn't read the topic fully.

And Amy and Tails shoes aren't always consistently red and white colored, their chose vary from game to game and anime to anime, Sonic however always consistently wears his trademark red and white colored shoes in every game and anime series he stars in, And has the Uchiha crest symbol ever changed color ? 

So how can you say "but you're overranalyzing some parts. Example, Tails and Amy also have red shoes." When I didn't even make a comparison about tails and Amy's shoes in this topic ? that clearly shows you didn't read the topic fully and putting words in my mouth.

I didn't read all of it either. Your posts are so long they almost crash my browser when I click on the thread.

tbh I also think your mindset is very arrogant. You're worried about Derock's brain and tells him to go to college to fix it??? wth.. That's really insulting, you're acting like this is a deep conspiracy theory and not just similarities between two franchises.   :confused:

You said:"I didn't read all of it either. Your posts are so long they almost crash my browser when I click on the thread."

Well if you guys are unable to read the topic how can you give it replies in accordance to what the topic is about ? that's why all of you guys replies and arguments against this topic are coming out as very ignorant.

You said:"tbh I also think your mindset is very arrogant. You're worried about Derock's brain and tells him to go to college to fix it??? wth.. That's really insulting, you're acting like this is a deep conspiracy theory and not just similarities between two franchises.  :confused:"

Ok and you are going to completely ignore the insult he made towards me ?

Derock said: "BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!

He was CLEARLY insulting my ability to research facts by saying it would tarnish the reputation of Sonic fans ? Nice work singling me out Sushi.

Also I have clearly pointed out that their is a deep conspiracy theory going on between these two franchises, Since you said I'm "Acting" like there is a deep conspiracy going on clearly means like you said you didn't read this topic fully enough to see that I explained fully how their is one going on.

And also why aren't you lecturing Derock on HIS arrogance ? he apparently thinks his knowledge of the Sonic franchise is superior to mine, but considering I have refuted every single argument he has made against my topic that is proven false, Again you're singling me out Sushi.

BestSasuHinaSupporter, clearly, you are walking into dangerous territory. Consider this a warning. If you try to insult my intelligence again, things will not be good for you.

And obviously, you did not read my post because I had said "exclude some similarities, i.e., Sakura and Amy," with my two cents included. You're talking to a person who has knowledge of the Sonic franchise both ins and outs. For this "fun" theory, you clearly believed Masashi Kishimoto has being following this series and use/copy the characters' personalities and traits for his characters in the Naruto series, in which I highly doubt because 1) Sonic is not that big/popular in main homeland Japan, 2) the franchise is more popular in the Western Hemisphere. and 3) as I said before, the Sonic franchise as a whole has different mediums. All in all, the cast can be different, depending on what medium you're looking at: games, cartoons, comic books, etc. 

These parallels, as I said before, majority of them doesn't make any sense. For example, comparing Sonic, the main titular character of his series, to Sasuke out of all people and thinking they're similar?! How is the brooding type, seeking power, doesn't care about friends with inferior and superior complexes (Sasuke) matches the one who is a hero, always on the run because he's carefree like the wind and has a sense of justice (Sonic)? That's an insult directly towards myself and many other fans. And this isn't like comparing apples and oranges either. I see you only match the cast based on color schemes like Kakashi and Silver (Really?), and even if I get a chance to read why they are similar, they aren't similar at all because they all have different traits and personalities (Kakashi is more aloof and a bit of a pervert, on the other hand, Silver is VERY naive, as he's only 14, but he has a strong sense of justice).

You said:"BestSasuHinaSupporter, clearly, you are walking into dangerous territory. Consider this a warning. If you try to insult my intelligence again, things will not be good for you."

Well maybe if you haven't said "BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!" which is clearly a insult at my ability to do research on facts I wouldn't have given you a insult in return, You can dish it but you can't take it ?

So what ? you think just because you are a Moderator/Anbu that gives you the right to insult other posters ? ALL MEMBERS of NaruSaku forums are subjected to the rules and regulations of it regardless if you are a moderator or not, So you don't abide by the rules that you enforce ? that is very hypocritical, and that means YOU'RE ALSO walking into dangerous territory and should be given a warning also. But since you are a Moderator you should be given more severe consequences because a Moderator is a position of regulating and enforcing the rules of the forums and you are suppose to be setting a example, but it seems you set a example that it's ok to insult other posters when your job is to enforce the rule of not insulting other posters, OH THE IRONY!!

You said:"And obviously, you did not read my post because I had said "exclude some similarities, i.e., Sakura and Amy," with my two cents included."

Again... because you can't say "none of this makes any sense at all." and then in the same sentence say "exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy," that is a contradiction.

You said:"You're talking to a person who has knowledge of the Sonic franchise both ins and outs."

Well the fact that you have been corrected so many times about information about the Sonic series goes against this argument.

You said:"For this "fun" theory, you clearly believed Masashi Kishimoto has being following this series and use/copy the characters' personalities and traits for his characters in the Naruto series, in which I highly doubt because 1) Sonic is not that big/popular in main homeland Japan, 2) the franchise is more popular in the Western Hemisphere. and 3) as I said before, the Sonic franchise as a whole has different mediums. All in all, the cast can be different, depending on what medium you're looking at: games, cartoons, comic books, etc."

Well as I presented in this topic there is plenty of reason to speculate that Masashi Kishimoto has been following the Sonic series and was inspired by the concepts of it to create his characters for his Naruto manga series the fact that your saying this means you didn't read the topic.

"1) Sonic is not that big/popular in main homeland Japan,"

So things have to be popular in order to get AT LEAST ONE person to like it ? maybe Kishimoto WAS that one person who was inspired by the concept of the Sonic series which influenced the character concepts of his Naruto Manga series 

"2) the franchise is more popular in the Western Hemisphere."

Again nothing has to be very popular to get at least a few people to like it and get inspired by it, Kishimoto was apart of that few.

"3) as I said before, the Sonic franchise as a whole has different mediums."

Again... it doesn't matter how much different cannons and mediums the Sonic franchise had, Kishimoto was inspired by them to develop his characters for his Naruto manga series...

"All in all, the cast can be different, depending on what medium you're looking at: games, cartoons, comic books, etc."

Both the characters from the Sonic and Naruto franchises personality and character stories are strikingly very similar As I have proven within this topic, but you don't know that yet because you didn't decide to read my topic fully, example: Sonic and Shadows vendetta against each other easily comparable to Sasuke and Itachi's as I've proven in this topic.

You said:"These parallels, as I said before, majority of them doesn't make any sense. For example, comparing Sonic, the main titular character of his series, to Sasuke out of all people and thinking they're similar?! How is the brooding type, seeking power, doesn't care about friends with inferior and superior complexes (Sasuke) matches the one who is a hero, always on the run because he's carefree like the wind and has a sense of justice (Sonic)? That's an insult directly towards myself and many other fans."

Again you can't say "none of this makes any sense at all." and then in the same sentence say exclude some similarities because again... it's a contradiction...

Again... this is why I thought something was wrong with your brain... you can't see the blatant similarities both Sasuke and Sonic share ? again this only further proves that you didn't read the topic because it explains how they are in rich detail but I'll repeat them briefly within this quote,

1. Both have a obnoxious pink colored girl pursuing them with romantic advances

2. Both have a friendly brotherly relationship with their orange colored friend who both just happens to be foxes ? 

3. Both are actually carefree they do what they want with disregards to the consequences, I can't fathom how you could let both Sasuke and Sonic's traveling around the world tendencies neglecting his friends go unnoticed.

4. LOL ? you don't think Sasuke has a sense of Justice ? laughable! Now it's starting to look like you didn't watch the Naruto series also ? does "I will avenge the Uchiha clan!"  ring a bell ?

And ??? You're wrong about Sasuke not caring about his friends, he always cared for his friends had just felt that having a bond with them would make himself weaker because he wanted to focus on getting stronger only, the fact that he has a bond that he is ignoring means his friends obviously meant something to him

You said:"And this isn't like comparing apples and oranges either. I see you only match the cast based on color schemes like Kakashi and Silver (Really?), and even if I get a chance to read why they are similar, they aren't similar at all because they all have different traits and personalities (Kakashi is more aloof and a bit of a pervert, on the other hand, Silver is VERY naive, as he's only 14, but he has a strong sense of justice)"

Once again... you're wrong anyone who says that this topic only points out color scheme similarities between the franchises of Naruto and Sonic The Hedgehog obviously didn't read the topic fully because it points out MUCH MORE than just "Color Scheme" similarities of the characters of Naruto and Sonic the hedgehog,

Yes Kakashi and Silver don't share much similarities true but I only pointed out WHAT MAKES THEM SIMILAR, I never ONCE said that Kishimoto PERFECTLY copied everything about the Sonic series this topic clearly shows that I pointed out SOME similarities between the characters of Naruto and Sonic The Hedgehog series, I have never ONCE said that every Naruto character created is a perfect copy of each Sonic the Hedgehog character,

If Kishimoto ACTUALLY copied EVERYTHING about the Sonic The Hedgehog series as you are saying that I am, that would mean that Sasuke would be A hedgehog battling a evil genius, Naruto would be a genius fox dreaming to be a great scientist, And Sakura and Amy are the most significantly comparable out of all the sonic and naruto characters I pointed out to be similar but even they have differences such as both not being hedgehog's So I don't know where you are getting this thought that I'm implying that Kishimoto Copied EVERYTHING about the Sonic series   :huh: 

The fact that I DIDN'T say that Kakashi and Silver are perfectly similar and only pointed out WHAT MAKES THEM SIMILAR CLEARLY MEANS THAT I'M NOT SAYING THAT KAKASHI AND SILVER ARE PERFECTLY THE SAME as you are implying that I am. 

The fact that I didn't point out that Kishimoto didn't copy everything about the sonic series CLEARLY MEANS that I NEVER SAID that Kishimoto PERFECTLY COPIED everything as you are Implying that I did.

You are getting the wrong Idea out of this topic buddy, This topic just points out Many similarities that the Naruto and Sonic the Hedgehog characters share that lead me to believe that Kishimoto COULD'VE have gotten inspiration from the Sonic series when he was creating his Naruto series Characters, that's why I've always said "COULD'VE" within this topic which clearly tells me you didn't read the topic fully that's why you're probably thinking that I'm saying that Kishimoto copied everything about the Sonic The Hedgehog series.

Agreed

Also agreed.

I mean there's nothing wrong with pointing out similarities, it happens all the time with anime, games, movies. You name it. They might share art styles, character arc similarities or just your standard tropes.

But the op almost seems to argue that Kishi copied Sonic verbatim with Naruto, but all you really have backed that up with is "these characters have matching colors."

Sakura and Amy for example. Yes, they both have pink hair. So do a ton of other anime and video game characters. They also exhibit tsundere traits, so do plenty of other anime characters.

Then, Sonic and Sasuke, I really don't get. One is blue, the other wore a blue shirt for what, a third of the series? If you don't remember, he changed clothes in Shippuden. And they both move fast? Well, all Naruto ninja characters seem to have super human speed thanks to their chakra. That's even avoiding the biggest elephant in the room, though. If Sonic was like Sasuke, wouldn't he like, leave his friends to join Robotnic and become stronger or something?

Then there's Tails, how is Tails much like Naruto? Can you describe without talking about their color or the fact that Naruto has a fox demon inside of him? Their whole character arcs are for the most part incredibly different. Naruto is the underdog story, the tale of a guy who came from nothing, but was destined for greatness and made it there on hard work. Tails, on the other hand, has always played the role of the side-kick. He's there to help Sonic, he's there to be the smart one, that's about it.

Plus, you can't compare Sonic and Tails to the legendary CF that is Naruto and Sasuke. Once again, Sonic never abandoned his friends so Tails isn't really put in a situation where he has to try and either convince Sonic to come back or kill him. More than that, though, Sonic and Tails actually have had plenty of friendship moments. How many did Naruto and Sasuke have? Really. They had some moments where they helped each other get stronger, they had some sequences where they were somewhat nice, but I hardly ever saw them as being close friends. If anything, you could say that Yusuke and Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho were more like Sonic and Tails, since, you know, they were shown as friends.

Finally, I have to say, it's all well and good to want to discuss this fandom type stuff. There's nothing really wrong with it, even though we may disagree. However, it's really not cool to tell somebody that they have to go take a semester in college because they disagree with your idea on similarities between an anime and a video game.

You said:"I mean there's nothing wrong with pointing out similarities, it happens all the time with anime, games, movies. You name it. They might share art styles, character arc similarities or just your standard tropes."

That's exactly what I've said in this topic, However everyone else who posted within this topic is making this crazy and wild assumption that I am implying that Kishimoto PERFECTLY copied everything about the Sonic The Hedgehog series.

You said:"But the op almost seems to argue that Kishi copied Sonic verbatim with Naruto, but all you really have backed that up with is "these characters have matching colors."

Again... anyone who says that this topic only points out color scheme similarities between the Naruto and Sonic the Hedgehog characters clearly didn't read the topic fully because it points out VASTLY MUCH MORE than just "Matching Colors"

You said:"Sakura and Amy for example. Yes, they both have pink hair. So do a ton of other anime and video game characters. They also exhibit tsundere traits, so do plenty of other anime characters."

Yes I understand that ton's of female Anime characters have pink hair, But for Sakura and Amy to both have:

1.)The same red and white clothing clothing with a red headband on their head AND HAVE PINK HAIR ?

2.)Both constantly romantically chase after a blue colored High speed moving male in hopes that the blue colored high speed moving male will return those feelings albeit they never do 

3.)Both have a close and borderline romantic relationship with their orange colored friend WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE A FOX ?

Is all kinda makes it all suspicious of where Sakura's character originated from, because Amy the hedgehog was released BEFORE Sakura Haruno and As I've pointed out in this theory Kishimoto was inspired by sonic characters to create his Naruto characters so it's not to farfetched to assume that Amy the Hedgehog ALSO gave Kishimoto inspiration to create Sakura Haruno

You said:"Then, Sonic and Sasuke, I really don't get. One is blue, the other wore a blue shirt for what, a third of the series? If you don't remember, he changed clothes in Shippuden. And they both move fast? Well, all Naruto ninja characters seem to have super human speed thanks to their chakra. That's even avoiding the biggest elephant in the room, though. If Sonic was like Sasuke, wouldn't he like, leave his friends to join Robotnic and become stronger or something?"

ok you're completely wrong on this one, As I explained both Sasuke and Sakura were created AFTER Sonic and Amy were created, Sonic is blue colored and Amy is pink colored, Pink colored Amy pursues blue colored Sonic romantically, Pink colored Sakura pursues blue colored Sasuke romantically, See the similarity now ? what really validates this point of the theory is that both Sakura and Amy have green colored eyes, sports a red and white dress with a red headband on their head and only think that crosses their mind is gaining the romantic love from their blue colored friend, Look I'm not saying that Kishimoto definitely copied the concept of Sonic and Amy but after seeing these similarities that Sasuke and Sakura Share with Sonic and Amy it's highly likely that he did.

True that the Ninja in the Naruto verse has superhuman speed but however Sasuke's speed is Noted to be exceptionally faster than the other Ninja just as Sonic is Noted to be faster than most of the Cast of his universe, you have to learn to connect the dots, Sasuke has exceptional speed who is constantly harassed and pursued by a Pink colored girl wanting his romantic affection Just like how Sonic has exceptional speed who is constantly harassed and pursued by a pink colored girl for HIS romantic affection, And Sonic existed long before Sasuke did, So I hope it's starting to become clear to you where Kishimoto drew his inspiration from to create Sasuke for his Naruto manga series from.

And are we watching the same Sonic The Hedgehog series ? Sonic has abandoned His friends MANY TIMES to join forces with Doctor Eggman

You said:"Then there's Tails, how is Tails much like Naruto? Can you describe without talking about their color or the fact that Naruto has a fox demon inside of him? Their whole character arcs are for the most part incredibly different. Naruto is the underdog story, the tale of a guy who came from nothing, but was destined for greatness and made it there on hard work. Tails, on the other hand, has always played the role of the side-kick. He's there to help Sonic, he's there to be the smart one, that's about it."

ONCE AGAIN... Anyone who says this topic only points out "Color Sceme" similarities between the characters of the Naruto and Sonic franchises obviously didn't read this topic that points out VASTLY MUCH MORE than color similarities fully,

And when you said "Can you describe without talking about their color or the fact that Naruto has a fox demon inside of him?" clearly indicates that you did NOT read the topic fully because I indeed pointed out that Tails has a Inner fox power Just as Naruto does, 

Tails is also a underdog as I pointed out in this topic, Tails for years has been the supportive sidekick to Sonic the hedgehog, It's usually Sonic who saves the day and gets all the credit and spot light for it, now doesn't that sound like the relationship dynamic Naruto and Sasuke have ? Naruto wanting to move out of Sasuke's shadow to gain attention from the people around him that assumed that he was incapable of accomplishing his dream of becoming the hokage, Tails wanting to move out of Sonic's shadow to gain attention from his friends around him that assumed that he was nothing more than the "Smart Guy" as you pointed out to prove that he is a dependable friend who is capable of protecting everything and everyone he holds dear.

You said:"Plus, you can't compare Sonic and Tails to the legendary CF that is Naruto and Sasuke. Once again, Sonic never abandoned his friends so Tails isn't really put in a situation where he has to try and either convince Sonic to come back or kill him."

WRONG! there have been MANY situations and scenarios from MULTIPLE Sonic series where Sonic abandoned His friends to join forces with a evil genius Dr. Eggman which is Ironic because Sasuke abandoned his friends to join forces with a evil genius Orochimaru:

And you have the audacity to tell me that I can't compare Sonic and Tails to Naruto and Sasuke ?

You said:"More than that, though, Sonic and Tails actually have had plenty of friendship moments. How many did Naruto and Sasuke have? Really. They had some moments where they helped each other get stronger, they had some sequences where they were somewhat nice, but I hardly ever saw them as being close friends. If anything, you could say that Yusuke and Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho were more like Sonic and Tails, since, you know, they were shown as friends."

Sasuke and Naruto have a incredible bond and friendship, It may appear as a one sided friendship because Naruto always boasted and flaunted their friendship but Sasuke was just less vocal about it but despite that the friendship existed, 

Sasuke doesn't have to express his friendship with Naruto with just words alone, it was also expressed with action, when he felt Naruto was going to perish from Haku's attacks he jumped in front of Naruto and safeguarded him sacrificing himself to save and preserve Naruto's life, even if Sasuke and Naruto's friendship moments are few in number they impacted each other greatly with each one of them,

Sasuke has never thought of Naruto not being his friend, Sasuke has always treasured and valued his friendship with Naruto, It's just that Sasuke felt that having a bond with his friend Naruto would hinder is goal to get stronger to defeat itachi rendering him weak, So he wanted to separate himself from any and all of his friends so that he won't have any distractions while he focuses on his one and only goal to get stronger to get revenge on Itachi for wiping out the Uchiha clan,

And finally Sonic and Tail's relationship doesn't have a perfect slate of being clean and friendly, They have had some tragic moments that caused them to separate themselves of a long period of the series their friendship separation took place it, If you don't know that then you and the rest of the posters have no business on how I don't know anything about the Sonic series when you don't even know much about it yourselves...

You said:"Finally, I have to say, it's all well and good to want to discuss this fandom type stuff. There's nothing really wrong with it, even though we may disagree. However, it's really not cool to tell somebody that they have to go take a semester in college because they disagree with your idea on similarities between an anime and a video game.

It's amazing how you guys lecture me why I shouldn't insult people because I insulted Derock, But yet Derock insulted me first by saying:

Derock said:"BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!"

You guys didn't even bat a eye and didn't give him the same lecture of not to insult people, YOU GUYS TREATED ME VERY UNFAIRLY WHICH IS VERY HYPOCRITICAL!!

Clearly when he said that he was clearly insulting my ability to research facts, and this goes against your argument because HE WAS INSULTING ME BECAUSE HE DISAGREED WITH MY IDEA ON SIMILARITIES BETWEEN A ANIME AND A VIDEO GAME!!

I love reading theory, i always say this many times, it's like reading a novel. But whenever i open your thread is hard on my PC, i'm using mozila firefox and sometimes it's freeze/not responding because there's too many GIF / animated image. If you going to put a lot of GIF just put the link instead of making the image appear here, so people can choose whether they want to see it (just click the link) or not.

I also don't agree about sonic and naruto similarities. In a lot of movies there is saying "Any character name is or similarities whether live or death is purely coincidence". First because Sonic popularity is very low outside it's country especially asian, and two because Kishi admit that his biggest inspiration is Dragon Ball and its creator Akira Toriyama, he never mention anything about Sonic.

You said:"I love reading theory, i always say this many times, it's like reading a novel. But whenever i open your thread is hard on my PC, i'm using mozila firefox and sometimes it's freeze/not responding because there's too many GIF / animated image. If you going to put a lot of GIF just put the link instead of making the image appear here, so people can choose whether they want to see it (just click the link) or not."

Yes I will use spoiler boxes for now on, because the people in this topic are complaining about not being able to load the topic fully so they only read only what ever amount of the topic their computer can load up, That's probably why there replies are "You only compared color similarities between the characters of the Naruto and Sonic Series" when the topic CLEARLY POINTS OUT MORE THAN JUST "COLOR SCHEME" SIMILARITIES, So yes I will now have to make the topic easier to load so that EVERYONE can read the topic FULLY so that their replies WONT BE SO IGNORANT!!!  

You said:"I also don't agree about sonic and naruto similarities. In a lot of movies there is saying "Any character name is or similarities whether live or death is purely coincidence". First because Sonic popularity is very low outside it's country especially asian, and two because Kishi admit that his biggest inspiration is Dragon Ball and its creator Akira Toriyama, he never mention anything about Sonic."

Once again... things don't have to be popular in order to get AT LEAST ONE person to like it ? maybe Kishimoto WAS that one person who was inspired by the concept of the Sonic series which influenced the character concepts of his Naruto Manga series, This topic proves that Kishimoto highly likely took some elements from the Sonic series to implement it into his Naruto series, Hence (Sasuke and Sakura) if you can't see how they are similar to Sonic and Amy then well my friend either clean your glasses or read the topic fully!

Again nothing has to be very popular to get at least a few people to like it and get inspired by it, Kishimoto was apart of that few.

that is very pissy of you to say, a lot of the images you provided are unnecessary. They're just character designs but we know all that. Put them in spoiler boxes, don't use that many, or use a smaller size. It's honestly that simple.

Amazing how i'm the only person whos saying pissy things gets noticed by you guys but yet once again you guys ignore what was said to me BEFORE I GOT INSULTIVE:

Derock said:"BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!"

Once again you guys are singling me out AND I DON'T FUUCKING APPRECIATE IT!!

Sorry but you can't delete this topic even if you started it unless you're an admin

Second I must say this. Even if your theory proves true, (though honestly every thing presented is a stretch imo) What of it? Naruto has copied MANY series and franchises. I'd laugh if anyone didn't notice  the similarities between Dragon ball or the love triangle from Slam Dunk. But so what if Naruto copied Sonic? ( though again you have to pull a VERY convincing argument for me to see it) Besides the fact that every series that Naruto copied did their stuff infinitely better, I don't see much to talk about

Agreed, I just went through five minutes of page loading for all the images to pop up before I stopped detracting from the part of the page I was reading, with the page scrolling up and up and up and up and up.................................................................................

Once again, Yes I will use spoiler boxes for now on, because the people in this topic are complaining about not being able to load the topic fully so they only read only what ever amount of the topic their computer can load up, That's probably why there replies are "You only compared color similarities between the characters of the Naruto and Sonic Series" when the topic CLEARLY POINTS OUT MORE THAN JUST "COLOR SCHEME"SIMILARITIES, So yes I will now have to make the topic easier to load so that EVERYONE can read the topic FULLY so that their replies WONT BE SO IGNORANT!!!

???

First of all you should be willing to recieve criticism. It's a forum for discussions. If you think we are rude, tell us instead of playing the same card. No one is trying to be mean here, but you should know the difference between calling someone ignorant and saying they need to go to college to fix their brain. I agree with you on some parts, but you think your opinion is the universal truth. The first title was even "the truth about Naruto origins", but this is just your opinion.

Secondly we shouldn't be hostile to NH/SS either, their ships might suck but what's the use of being cruel to people because of that? Differing opinions? My opinion differs from some of yours, but I'm still not hostile. NH/SS fans are only "enemies" if they are bashing, but you've managed that nicely without being one.

You said:"First of all you should be willing to recieve criticism. It's a forum for discussions. If you think we are rude, tell us instead of playing the same card."

Yes I completely understand I should be willing to recieve criticism on a forums for discussion

Of course I know that if I post on a NaruHina or SasuSaku forums I will definitely have to expect criticism, But when I as a NaruSaku fan on a NaruSaku forums with other NaruSaku fans I expect mutual agreement with them on my points and theories but I rarely if not never get that on these forums so therefore I have every right to either be greatly shocked or question the criticism.

Also when i'm on a forums with people who share the same likes such as NaruSaku I expect MUCH LESS criticism for my points and theories, But most of the time I get heavy amounts of criticism for my theories on these forums so why am I not justified for questioning and countering the criticism on a forums that I expect some mutual grounds for agreement ?

And also I definitely expect you guys to be more open, Understanding and Accepting to SasuHina because it doesn't interfere with your NaruSaku Ship but you guys even have a problem with SasuHina...

You said:"but you should know the difference between calling someone ignorant and saying they need to go to college to fix their brain"

And there isn't a difference between telling someone that they are ignorant and they need to go to collage to fix their brain because those 2 things have a common meaning, "STUPIDITY"

You said:"I agree with you on some parts, but you think your opinion is the universal truth. The first title was even "the truth about Naruto origins", but this is just your opinion."

And about naming the title "The Truth About The Naruto Character Origins" true that is my opinion but it is a opinion backed with compelling and plausible evidence that highly shows and proves that Kishimoto was likely a Sonic The Hedgehog fan, But as you stated you didn't read the topic fully which is probably why you missed the compelling reasons within the topic to believe that Kishimoto was a Sonic fan which is probably the reason why you said that I created this theory alone without facts.

You said:"Secondly we shouldn't be hostile to NH/SS either, their ships might suck but what's the use of being cruel to people because of that? Differing opinions? My opinion differs from some of yours, but I'm still not hostile. NH/SS fans are only "enemies" if they are bashing, but you've managed that nicely without being one."

And yes we should very much be hostile towards NaruHina and SasuSaku fans, When ever I or any other NaruSaku and SasuHina fans try to express why our pairing should have also happened in a friendly and cordial way on any forums related to Naruto they viciously attack us with insults and belittle us by calling us Stupid without any significant reason for doing so most of their reasoning is very shallow "Hinata loved Naruto before anyone else and they look good together" "Sakura loves Sasuke and they look good together" even if you just say OR EVEN SO MUCH AS WHISPER SasuHina or NaruSaku to them they will maul you like a bunch of wild apes.

Most NaruHina and SasuSaku fans well at least the ones I encountered are NOT open to either liking or seeing potential in a new pairing, I don't present Hostility when I first speak to them I present my facts about why SasuHina and NaruSaku should have happened cordially and they usually attack me with a barrage of insults "kitten off NaruSaku fan" "SasuHina ? what have you been smoking ?

Being nice to NaruHina and SasuSaku fans doesn't work they are way to biased and egotistic, the only way to effectively counter them is to present better arguments that our pairing should have happened instead of their's that will make them shut up, But considering their arguments are weak such as "NaruHina is better!!" and "SasuSaku is better" it won't be that big of a challenge   :wink: 

1. The only thing parallel between sonic and sasuke is their blue colour and that's about it.

2. Sasuke is not the protagonist and title character, unlike sonic.

3. Tail is a sidekick and supportive character unlike naruto.

4. Yes, there's a lot of Amy and sakura parallel, minus that sonic is not an kitten.

5. Sasuke true parallel is shadow, complete with equal power level, emo, and kitten.

Anyone who says this topic only points out "Color Scheme" Similarities obviously didn't read the topic fully.

Thing is you can make these comparison with a lot of three people group here let me pull one out of nowhere:Picture%2B9.png

6934590_orig.jpg

Let see; both female have white and pink in their color scheme that are obsessed with romance, a male with orange and blue the seems to be the energetic one, and another with black and red (with the sharingan or uchiha fan, also granted not much in this picture).

New topic: Did Kishimoto steal from the Aristocats?

Anyone who says this topic only points out "Color Scheme" Similarities obviously didn't read the topic fully.

#35 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

@bestsasuhina
You don't read the rest of my argument either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users