89 replies to this topic

#21 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hmm... So apparently Itachi never knew that Madara knew. And the way they didn't cleverly mention WHAT happened, it makes me think that Madara was lying after all. And it also seems like Nagato 'knew' Itachi outside of the Akatsuki. He would never have thought that after the revelation if he didn't.

On another note, the chapter was awesome! Hopefully the next one is too. tongue.gif I'm getting tired of boring chapters every week. Anyway, we finally get to know what the crow is! a_plotting.gif Well, we already know WHAT it is, but we get to know it's purpose. Or a hint to it anyway... dry.gif

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#22 Fliss

Fliss

stfu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

This chapter was pretty coollll. I was interested the whole time. The fight is awesome so far, and omg yayyy we get to see what Itachi's gift was. I'm pretty sure it's a defense power against Sharingan or something like thattt.
It's nice to see Itachi and Pein talking to Naruto again, and this time they're all on good terms lol
Can't wait for next week <3

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

After so many chapters the power that Itachi gave Naruto finally comes into play, I just wonder what exactly it was? I guess we'll find out in the next chapter, but my guess is that the crow could be some sort of policy Itachi did to ensure that he'd remain someway in the living world or could it be that he intends to use the crow to break himself free of Kabuto's will and perhaps help Naruto out with Sasuke in the final battle? I know it seems farfetched, but it could happen.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#24 rastaman

rastaman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well, that was one awesome chapter. My guess would be, that the crow is only good as protection against Tsukuyomi. That would make sense since Itachi probably didn't transfer any ACTIVE technique to Naruto. I bet it's just a manifestation of Naruto's strengthened psyche. I doubt he can repel amaterasu with that^^
The last few chapters all seem to be a conclusion to a particular part of the plot. I sure hope that's a good sign and the series doesn't drag on too long.

PS: I'm sure Sasuke is NOT gonna like the idea of Naruto having a technique which is probably one Itachi developed himself. But I don't think he's gonna acknowledge Itachi's will since it's always that way in such mangas. This technique is actually proof that Itachi wants Sasuke to return back to the village, but that doesn't work on turned-bad-characters^^

Edited by rastaman, 27 July 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#25 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Sexy chapter. Sexy chapter. Sexy chapter. pictureem0.gif argh1.png What is this mysterious power, I want to know! argh1.png

But, I'm totally fangirling over two things right now: Sakura's bada** fanart, and Itachi-kun :3 pictureem0.gif
OTP and my Bby

#26 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

cool chapter

Nagato: Or maybe i can?!

Naruto: I didn't know you liked Jokes!!!!

Seriously...i never seen that much humor in a fight.

Edited by Strangelove, 27 July 2011 - 07:19 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#27 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Itachi may not have been a traitor, but that doesn't really make him a good person. The things he did to Sasuke were unforgivable, and are directly responsible for how Sasuke has developed. And don't forget the absolute mind rape he put Naruto through at the start of Part II. Itachi was always a character that was focused on "The Greater Good", and a bunch of people got trampled beneath his feet in his pursuit of that objective.

Killer B keeps his swords inside of Samehada? That's weird. Cool, but weird.

I'm surprised that Nagato was able to keep control of his summons after his death, since I thought he was controlling them with his Rinnegan, and when he died, it's power should have been turned off. Of course, now that I think about it, his summons are all probably dead, like the Six Paths of Pain, so he can probably take control of them whenever he wants. Or I'm just overthinking things nobody cares about again.

So we're finally going to see what Itachi's crow does? Now I'm sure this is the last arc. We're getting answers to all of the questions we've had, and rapidly at that. There aren't many more things we need to find out at this point. Pretty much just "Who is Madara, really?" and "What's Kabuto up to?"

Oh, and because I don't want to be the only one not fanboying over it: That colored art of Sakura is fantastic. wub.gif

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Still, I prefer Itachi over Sasuke, because at the very least he's not some deranged monster. He's a ninja, so he's done some dark, unforgivable things. I'm pretty sure being ANBU at the age of 13 didn't help his mentality either..... To be honest, I think his mishandling of Sasuke's probably the only thing I hate about him.

Anyway, wow, Naruto's progressed to the point that he can take on Itachi! A far cry from the thirteen year old kid who got freaked out when he opened the door to his hotel room to see Itachi and Kisame.

#29 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 27 2011, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, wow, Naruto's progressed to the point that he can take on Itachi! A far cry from the thirteen year old kid who got freaked out when he opened the door to his hotel room to see Itachi and Kisame.

To be fair to Naruto, if I opened the door to see a seven foot tall fish monster talking about cutting off my legs, I'd probably freak out, too.

#30 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 27 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... So apparently Itachi never knew that Madara knew. And the way they didn't cleverly mention WHAT happened, it makes me think that Madara was lying after all. And it also seems like Nagato 'knew' Itachi outside of the Akatsuki. He would never have thought that after the revelation if he didn't.

I'm not sure about the truth behind what Madara has said. Itachi never confirmed it directly. He only says "Damn you Madara, so you did know...." It still is vague enough that it could be in reference to some other lie or truth.

So what I'm saying is Naruto blabbed everything that Madara said about Itachi's "real" mission, and Itachi only said "That's enough, Naruto." A panel or so later when Nagato says to Itachi "Is this true?" Naruto keeps on talking. Itachi never answers. And the only request Itachi has is for Naruto not to say anything to anyone, to 'preserve the reputation of the Uchiha.'

There is still no confirmation of Madara's story as truth. And Itachi might be crafty enough to see through Madara's ploy and decided to let it play out. I've never been comfortable excepting the villian's explanation as truth. And Itachi's non-responses are highly suspicious. Taken as a whole — looking underneath the underneath — I think there's still something else going on. I don't know what, and I don't have any good theories, but I think Madara's only telling part of the story.

Itachi's just the flipside of Madara, manipulating for the greater good instead of the greater bad.

#31 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 27 2011, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure about the truth behind what Madara has said. Itachi never confirmed it directly. He only says "Damn you Madara, so you did know...." It still is vague enough that it could be in reference to some other lie or truth.

So what I'm saying is Naruto blabbed everything that Madara said about Itachi's "real" mission, and Itachi only said "That's enough, Naruto." A panel or so later when Nagato says to Itachi "Is this true?" Naruto keeps on talking. Itachi never answers. And the only request Itachi has is for Naruto not to say anything to anyone, to 'preserve the reputation of the Uchiha.'

There is still no confirmation of Madara's story as truth. And Itachi might be crafty enough to see through Madara's ploy and decided to let it play out. I've never been comfortable excepting the villian's explanation as truth. And Itachi's non-responses are highly suspicious. Taken as a whole — looking underneath the underneath — I think there's still something else going on. I don't know what, and I don't have any good theories, but I think Madara's only telling part of the story.

Itachi's just the flipside of Madara, manipulating for the greater good instead of the greater bad.

Who knows, it could actually be worse then what we know so far or less. The way Itachi sounds with "then the Uchiha must remain dead" (paraphrasing). Seems like anything Uchiha keeps getting Darker and Darker.

Edited by Insurrection, 28 July 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#32 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

I had a weird theory before that the crow would have the power to somehow counter Itachi's eyes. Now I'm starting to think that might not be such a weird theory afterall...pictureem0.gif
OTP and my Bby

#33 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

So any predictions for major bombshells in 550? I was half-hoping the chapter would have something about Sakura, basing it off Kishimoto's history of throwing in good stuff at the big chapter milestones. But I think not. If anything big comes up, after this chapter, it will probably be the reveal of whatever crow-power Itachi gave Naruto. It looks like it will be more battle/talk/battle.

Was anyone else wondering if Sakura was going to make an appearance next chapter, or was it just me and my vain hopes?

#34 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 28 2011, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So any predictions for major bombshells in 550? I was half-hoping the chapter would have something about Sakura, basing it off Kishimoto's history of throwing in good stuff at the big chapter milestones. But I think not. If anything big comes up, after this chapter, it will probably be the reveal of whatever crow-power Itachi gave Naruto. It looks like it will be more battle/talk/battle.

Was anyone else wondering if Sakura was going to make an appearance next chapter, or was it just me and my vain hopes?

I think there's a possibility of her making an appearance, but I don't think it's very likely we'll see any NS interaction for a while. Maybe in the first page or two she'll find out Naruto's on the battlefield, considering their fight has to have been noticed by some people after Nagato summoned those giant animals. Maybe then she'll have a nice little reflection or something, but I doubt it'll be anything as big as her 450 hug.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Sakura will enter the battle randomly, help Naruto and Bee with the fight, and then give us the best NS interaction scene yet. *crosses fingers*

Edited by Boom...Winning, 28 July 2011 - 04:22 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#35 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Okay so Shippu-chan decided to comment on this chapter, hehe :3

First off, yay Itachi and Nagato! I remember when we first saw them they were all emo and "kill everything" but now that their dead they seem so content. It's nice! I expected them to talk about Sasuke, but it wasn't anything that hasn't been said before so... Anyway, final page, Naruto throwing up that crow. My gosh maybe it is to fend off the effects of the Sharingan? That's leave Sasuke pretty damn helpless (well, mostly) when him and Naruto fight [I can't wait!]. Next chapter is gonna be good, I guess. Finally some answers!

#36 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Chew @ Jul 28 2011, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a weird theory before that the crow would have the power to somehow counter Itachi's eyes. Now I'm starting to think that might not be such a weird theory afterall...pictureem0.gif

I had that theory as well ^^

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#37 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I loved it, especially the part where Naruto goes "Since when did you start cracking jokes?!" tongue.gif Can't wait for the next chapter. biggrin.gif

P.S. It's been said already, but that Sakura colored pic is just badass. The Gaara/Karura one is pretty awesome too.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I KNOW!!! I'm getting pumped for next week! can't wait to see what that Crow Itachi Naruto is! laugh.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#39 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Loved this chapter, and can't wait to see what happens next week. smile.gif I agree with those who think the manga is drawing to a close, we've seen a lot of questions answered recently, and Kishimoto is pulling out all the stops with the recent fights. Could we be seeing the end of Naruto sometime in 2012?

#40 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

This chapter proved that Madara's "lie" to Sasuke is in fact the truth cool.gif ...Itachi did told Naruto to stop talking, so it might also be that he is hurt about Sasuke ignoring his (Itachi) will.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users