• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#81 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

Gosh, you're so late, it's published and out already tongue.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#82 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 4 2012, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gosh, you're so late, it's published and out already tongue.gif

Also, on the topic of Groose, I thought I was weird for being reminded of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast when I first met him on Skyward Sword. Sort of random, but it looks like I wasn't the only one. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 05 January 2012 - 03:51 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#83 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 5 2012, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy crap you finally got to that part.

111189.gif

Also, on the topic of Groose, I thought I was weird for being reminded of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast when I first met him on Skyward Sword. Sort of random, but it looks like I wasn't the only one. tongue.gif

Oh wow. I never actually noticed that they had similarities until you pointed it out. wow.gif

Then again I definitely don't think of Disney when I play a Nintendo game. But there's even some people who think that Groose and Ganon look similar O.o

JA2DBzd.png

#84 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 4 2012, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap you finally got to that part.

111189.gif

Ha ha, I'm catching up! I just activated the Skyloft Light Tower. I'm not sure if I really like the harp sequences. It doesn't really feel like I'm doing anything other than waving the remote back and forth. I think I prefer having set notes to play, like in the previous titles with music sequences. But maybe it gets harder later on. *shrug*

I think I might try to take it back a notch, though. I've already clocked 20+ hours, and I've only had the game since Christmas. sweat.gif I usually don't play video games that much. Plus, with how story-driven this one is, I definitely don't want to rush it. My goal is still to beat it before the end of February, though. happy.gif

Oh wow. I never actually noticed that they had similarities until you pointed it out. wow.gif

Then again I definitely don't think of Disney when I play a Nintendo game. But there's even some people who think that Groose and Ganon look similar O.o

Yeah, I guess it was sort of random. I think it was just the whole 'macho man with the weird minions laying claim to the prettiest girl in town' sort of thing. I guess I watched those classic Disney movies so many times when I was a kid, I have them engrained into my head now.

I can't really blame Groose, though. There's only, what, four/five single girls in the whole town? Man, it must stink to be a teenage boy in Skyloft. At least Gaston had his own personal harem tongue.gif

#85 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 6 2012, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha ha, I'm catching up! I just activated the Skyloft Light Tower. I'm not sure if I really like the harp sequences. It doesn't really feel like I'm doing anything other than waving the remote back and forth. I think I prefer having set notes to play, like in the previous titles with music sequences. But maybe it gets harder later on. *shrug*

I agree, the harp sequences are quite difficult. The first time playing one of the songs for the trial gates, it literally took me half an hour just to get the whole thing right. Whenever I strum in one direction, Link's hand would randomly /snap/ on the other side. It's so weird. I thought the motion controls were being dodgy at first, then I figured out that you actually have to strum diagonally, like how it tells you to at the bottom of the screen... or at least that's how it worked for me. Even now I still can't get it perfect. Oh well, at least the trial gate songs are easier to play than that DAMN. HARP. MINIGAME.

I can't really blame Groose, though. There's only, what, four/five single girls in the whole town? Man, it must stink to be a teenage boy in Skyloft. At least Gaston had his own personal harem tongue.gif

... really? Well according to Cawlin, Link's popular with chicks [as per usual...]

Anyways, I think there's less than five, because most of the women in Skyloft are married, with most of them being mothers that have unknown husbands and whatnot. The only females I can recall that are single are Karane [unless you complete a certain gratitude quest], Orielle and Peatrice that item check girl who later becomes another Link fangirl if you talk to her a lot. Of course, I won't even think of including Zelda among these single ladies... because she's already taken by a certain chosen hero fu.png

On another topic, I don't think anyone will find this funny but this made me laugh. I was completing a gratitude quest for that Fun Fun Island guy, and this is what happened when I found what he was looking for:
Crappy iPod picture is crappy. --Click here to view--

Oh gosh, she may not have a personality, but Fi makes me laugh sometimes. 111189.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#86 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

So much for me taking it down a notch, I decided to play for an hour and a half after typing that sweat.gif. Argh, why must this be such an addicting game? argh1.png

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 5 2012, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, the harp sequences are quite difficult. The first time playing one of the songs for the trial gates, it literally took me half an hour just to get the whole thing right. Whenever I strum in one direction, Link's hand would randomly /snap/ on the other side. It's so weird. I thought the motion controls were being dodgy at first, then I figured out that you actually have to strum diagonally, like how it tells you to at the bottom of the screen... or at least that's how it worked for me. Even now I still can't get it perfect. Oh well, at least the trial gate songs are easier to play than that DAMN. HARP. MINIGAME.

*takes notes* Strum....remote...diagonal..........ly. Thanks, that's probably why the thing didn't make much sense. I owe you one, senpai. pictureem0.gif

... really? Well according to Cawlin, Link's popular with chicks [as per usual...]

Anyways, I think there's less than five, because most of the women in Skyloft are married, with most of them being mothers that have unknown husbands and whatnot. The only females I can recall that are single are Karane [unless you complete a certain gratitude quest], Orielle and Peatrice that item check girl who later becomes another Link fangirl if you talk to her a lot. Of course, I won't even think of including Zelda among these single ladies... because she's already taken by a certain chosen hero fu.png

Hmm. Correction, it must stink to be a teenage boy in Skyloft who isn't Link. tongue.gif

On another topic, I don't think anyone will find this funny but this made me laugh. I was completing a gratitude quest for that Fun Fun Island guy, and this is what happened when I found what he was looking for:
Crappy iPod picture is crappy. --Click here to view--

Oh gosh, she may not have a personality, but Fi makes me laugh sometimes. 111189.gif

Ha ha ha, that's random, I literally just finished that sidequest ten minutes ago (I'm a side-quest maniac; Zelda can forget about being rescued when there's a bug to catch or a random mini-game to play!). I chuckled at that scene too. Fi's one of my favorite Zelda companions so far.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 06 January 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#87 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 6 2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much for me taking it down a notch, I decided to play for an hour and a half after typing that sweat.gif. Argh, why must this be such an addicting game? argh1.png

I should be saying that. tongue.gif I've had the game since it's release [I even went to a midnight launch party for it] and I'm still playing it. Then again it's probably just taking me too long to complete Hero Mode laugh.gif

*takes notes* Strum....remote...diagonal..........ly. Thanks, that's probably why the thing didn't make much sense. I owe you one, senpai. pictureem0.gif

Specially reserved for Boom --Click here to view--
Hmm. Correction, it must stink to be a teenage boy in Skyloft who isn't Link. tongue.gif

If you complete the gratitude quest where you get Cawlin's letter and end up giving it to Karane, he ends up getting rejected...
Ha ha ha, that's random, I literally just finished that sidequest ten minutes ago (I'm a side-quest maniac; Zelda can forget about being rescued when there's a bug to catch or a random mini-game to play!). I chuckled at that scene too. Fi's one of my favorite Zelda companions so far.

LOL I still need to complete one more gratitude side quest with that Lumpy Pumpkin waitress... then I can finally get my glorious Tycoon Wallet! wow.png

JA2DBzd.png

#88 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 5 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Specially reserved for Boom --Click here to view--

Wait a minute, how'd you do that?!?! Is there a character named Boom later on in the game, or did you or someone else on the internet just happen to name yourself that?!?!

Ha ha, I suppose I'm ruining the joke by asking about it. tongue.gif

If you complete the gratitude quest where you get Cawlin's letter and end up giving it to Karane, he ends up getting rejected...
Ha ha, I completed that one too. Poor Cawlin. Oh well, at least Groose and his minions have each other (and Strich has his bugs...). Plus, now Zelda and Link can go on double dates with another good-looking couple. laugh.gif

On that topic, do you or anyone else here know if you can still give Cawlin's letter to that bathroom ghost or whatever it is? I gave the letter to Karane (since Boom is a good boy tongue.gif ) and now the person in the bathroom just left. I was curious if there's an alternate side-quest or something. You don't have to tell me if it's somehow plot-relevant (maybe Ghirahim needs toilet paper????), but I hate unfulfilled side-quests. sweat.gif
I might try it out on my 2nd or 3rd playthrough anyways. Because I already know I'll be playing this game for a LONG time. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 06 January 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#89 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 7 2012, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait a minute, how'd you do that?!?! Is there a character named Boom later on in the game, or did you or someone else on the internet just happen to name yourself that?!?!

Oh, that? Nah, I just made it on paint LOL. I print screened that part of the cutscene on Windows Media Player as soon as the purple box came up before the words did. Then I just typed over the box. Yeah I know, my picture editing skills are so pro. But I thought it would be interesting if I made that pic happy.gif

Ha ha, I completed that one too. Poor Cawlin. Oh well, at least Groose and his minions have each other (and Strich has his bugs...). Plus, now Zelda and Link can go on double dates with another good-looking couple. laugh.gif

On that topic, do you or anyone else here know if you can still give Cawlin's letter to that bathroom ghost or whatever it is? I gave the letter to Karane (since Boom is a good boy tongue.gif ) and now the person in the bathroom just left. I was curious if there's an alternate side-quest or something. You don't have to tell me if it's somehow plot-relevant (maybe Ghirahim needs toilet paper????), but I hate unfulfilled side-quests. sweat.gif
I might try it out on my 2nd or 3rd playthrough anyways. Because I already know I'll be playing this game for a LONG time. tongue.gif

Oh, for that side quest, you can only give the letter to either Karane or that ghost chick in the bathroom. It doesn't matter who you give it to, because for that side quest you'll only get five gratitude crystals for the one letter, and either way Cawlin won't end up with Karane anyway. The first time I completed it I decided to be nice and give it to Karane so she and Pipit could hook up [and at that moment a new OTP was born]. So if you give the letter to Karane then the ghost chick will be gone.
If you choose to give it to the ghost instead, when you tell Cawlin about it, he'll say he hates you and run off to Groose's room. Then when it's night time, you can go back into Groose's room where you'll find Cawlin sleeping, but the ghost will be there too, sort of caressing him in his sleep. She does this because she reads the letter and falls in love with him [and yet another OTP is born LOL].

Oh and Karane will stop asking you about what you think of Pipit.

JA2DBzd.png

#90 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 6 2012, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, that? Nah, I just made it on paint LOL. I print screened that part of the cutscene on Windows Media Player as soon as the purple box came up before the words did. Then I just typed over the box. Yeah I know, my picture editing skills are so pro. But I thought it would be interesting if I made that pic happy.gif

Ahhh, I suppose that makes more sense than you naming a profile after my ridiculous H & E name. Well played, senpai. sleep.gif

Oh, for that side quest, you can only give the letter to either Karane or that ghost chick in the bathroom. It doesn't matter who you give it to, because for that side quest you'll only get five gratitude crystals for the one letter, and either way Cawlin won't end up with Karane anyway. The first time I completed it I decided to be nice and give it to Karane so she and Pipit could hook up [and at that moment a new OTP was born]. So if you give the letter to Karane then the ghost chick will be gone.
If you choose to give it to the ghost instead, when you tell Cawlin about it, he'll say he hates you and run off to Groose's room. Then when it's night time, you can go back into Groose's room where you'll find Cawlin sleeping, but the ghost will be there too, sort of caressing him in his sleep. She does this because she reads the letter and falls in love with him [and yet another OTP is born LOL].

Oh and Karane will stop asking you about what you think of Pipit.

So you basically have to choose between Karane/Pipit and Cawlin/Ghost Girl? Looks like I made the right choice. laugh.gif Though I'll probably still try giving the letter to the bathroom ghost on my 2nd playthrough.

On a sort-of related note, I just randomly felt like posting some Skyward Zelink game shots. happy.gif
Click for Zelink Awesomeness! --Click here to view--

What an awesome pairing. It even looks like there's some moments I haven't even reached yet. wow.png

Now, time for another epic play session. pictureem0.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 08 January 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#91 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 8 2012, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh, I suppose that makes more sense than you naming a profile after my ridiculous H & E name. Well played, senpai. sleep.gif

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week... emoticon_monocle.gif

So you basically have to choose between Karane/Pipit and Cawlin/Ghost Girl? Looks like I made the right choice. laugh.gif Though I'll probably still try giving the letter to the bathroom ghost on my 2nd playthrough.

Yeah pretty much. I gave it to the ghost on my second playthrough. I actually found it sweet that she fell in love with Cawlin <3

On a sort-of related note, I just randomly felt like posting some Skyward Zelink game shots. happy.gif
Click for Zelink Awesomeness! --Click here to view--

What an awesome pairing. It even looks like there's some moments I haven't even reached yet. wow.png

The last one looks like they're getting married wub.gif oh gosh now this is giving me so much motivation to make a GMV eager.gif

Link is really short

JA2DBzd.png

#92 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 7 2012, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last one looks like they're getting married wub.gif oh gosh now this is giving me so much motivation to make a GMV eager.gif

Heh heh, I'm not sure which one I like better, that one, or the one right above it where Link's nibbling on the nape of her neck. pictureem0.gif

Link is really short

Wait a minute...wasn't Zelda shorter than him when they were standing on the Tower of the Goddess? Hmm, she's either wearing heels now, or she went through a slight growth spurt during the 60 hours Link was questing for her. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 08 January 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#93 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 9 2012, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh heh, I'm not sure which one I like better, that one, or the one right above it where Link's nibbling on the nape of her neck. pictureem0.gif

heheelq7.png

Wait a minute...wasn't Zelda shorter than him when they were standing on the Tower of the Goddess? Hmm, she's either wearing heels now, or she went through a slight growth spurt during the 60 hours Link was questing for her. tongue.gif

LOL a little growth spurt within 60 hours? That's still pretty quick. laugh.gif

I don't think she's wearing heels with that new dress. The soles of her new sandals are probably just really thick.

Anyways, I'm assuming that you've passed the first Silent Realm? ermm.gif how scary is it?! argh1.png

JA2DBzd.png

#94 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 8 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha ha ha! I forgot about that text box. I guess Link's been lusting after that neck for a while now. pictureem0.gif

Anyways, I'm assuming that you've passed the first Silent Realm? ermm.gif how scary is it?! argh1.png

I just beat the Ancient Cistern, actually. I'm playing this game a lot faster than I usually do. It usually takes me 2+ months to beat a Zelda game, and I feel like I'll beat this one by the end of January if I keep this up. But I'll probably slow down once it gets more challenging, so it's hard to say. The Ancient Cistern had some moderately challenging puzzles, and what an EPIC BOSS!!

But yeah, that first Silent Realm was pretty creepy. I only lost once on that first one, and that was only because I was dumb and left the last two Tears on opposite ends of the map. And those guardians are SO FAST!

Looking at that trial though, I love how the game designers have incorporated so many ideas from previous Zelda titles into this one. They used almost the same Tear Drop (or whatever it was) vessel from Twilight Princess, and those guardians seemed pretty similar to the Phantoms from the central dungeons in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Plus, the powers that Water Dragon Scale gives you seem pretty similar to the Zora Mask's powers on Majora's Mask, which I absolutely loved. I remember spending the entire three days just playing in the Bay on that game! tongue.gif Anyways, it's great, since the game has so much to stand on by itself, and yet it still works so well as an amalgation of previous titles. This might go down as my favorite Zelda game, if it keeps this up!
happy.gif

#95 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 9 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just beat the Ancient Cistern, actually. I'm playing this game a lot faster than I usually do. It usually takes me 2+ months to beat a Zelda game, and I feel like I'll beat this one by the end of January if I keep this up. But I'll probably slow down once it gets more challenging, so it's hard to say. The Ancient Cistern had some moderately challenging puzzles, and what an EPIC BOSS!!

Yaaaay~ you finally beat the best dungeon in the game! 8D

What I also loved about the Ancient Cistern was the Heaven and Hell feeling it had to it, with the upper floors being all bright and elegant and the lower floor being the complete opposite [with additional Cursed Bokoblins, which I call "the ReDeads of Skyward Sword"]. Not to mention that scary moment when you have to climb that super thin thread while you have these Cursed Bokoblins trying to knock you off. They're only zombies but honestly, how can they be so fast?! I would even drop down and place a bomb to get them out of the way, then place another one just in case new ones emerge from the ground, but when I climb the thread, they just keep coming and coming. But anyways, because of the general atmosphere of that lower floor, this dungeon is the first dungeon in a Zelda game to legitimately make me so afraid of completing it.

And yes, the boss is le epic. I'm probably giving it too much credit, but that was probably the best boss in any Zelda game. That one scared me too, to be honest, because of the sound it makes when it's about to slam its arm down on you, and the fact that its face is so... blank. mellow.gif

But yeah, that first Silent Realm was pretty creepy. I only lost once on that first one, and that was only because I was dumb and left the last two Tears on opposite ends of the map. And those guardians are SO FAST!

Looking at that trial though, I love how the game designers have incorporated so many ideas from previous Zelda titles into this one. They used almost the same Tear Drop (or whatever it was) vessel from Twilight Princess, and those guardians seemed pretty similar to the Phantoms from the central dungeons in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Plus, the powers that Water Dragon Scale gives you seem pretty similar to the Zora Mask's powers on Majora's Mask, which I absolutely loved. I remember spending the entire three days just playing in the Bay on that game! tongue.gif Anyways, it's great, since the game has so much to stand on by itself, and yet it still works so well as an amalgation of previous titles. This might go down as my favorite Zelda game, if it keeps this up!
happy.gif

I think those Guardians are faster than the *Swift* Phantoms from Phantom Hourglass.

In the first Silent Realm, I got hit like ten times because half the time I didn't know what I was doing. The first time I played it, I was getting the tear that was on that rock scaffolding thingy [the one where you had to climb the vines] and I straight away jumped off and landed right on the Waking Water [the water surrounding the tree that was below]. Then when I grabbed the tear that was just there, Fi's voice pops out and says "This is Waking Water, step on it and the Guardians will activate blah blah blah" and I was thinking "NOW she tells me!" facepalm.png

But although the Silent Realms are scary, they're a lot of fun. It's a very stealthy part of the game, and you only have a certain amount of time to complete it, since you only get ninety seconds of free roaming around the area trying to find the other tears, and the protective circle you stand in at the start of the trial is the only "Safe Zone" you have in the entirety of the area. What also makes it difficult is that although you're in a spiritual world, you still have a stamina gauge, as if you were a physical being. I thought spirits are meant to be immortal or whatever. confused.gif

Oh and you'll reach another stealth-like part in the game later on. It's basically the Silent Realms all over again, but the only difference is that it's in the physical world so at some point you can use your items. It's heaps and heaps of fun. As soon as Link gets out of the jail cell... thing, the first thing you'll think is Metal Gear Solid. laugh.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#96 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

#97 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

So...I just completed that sidequest (if you can call it that), where Peatrice confronts you and asks what you think about her. I was worried about not getting Gratitude Crystals, so I gave all the positive answers. Oops. Now she thinks Link's engaged to her. And even worse, Fi now tells me that Link has a happy "aura" when he's around Peatrice. Dang it! I should have made Link turn her down, since apparently her father gives the same amount of Gratitude Crystals. I hope Zelda and Link don't go back to Skyloft in the end. Zelda's SO obviously Link's love interest in this game, and I'd hate to think of him having a mistress. wacko.gif

Also, on the topic of Zelda shipping, did anyone see that love letter on the desk in Zelda's room? I wonder who it's for. pictureem0.gif Or from. wot.gif

#98 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 12 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So...I just completed that sidequest (if you can call it that), where Peatrice confronts you and asks what you think about her. I was worried about not getting Gratitude Crystals, so I gave all the positive answers. Oops. Now she thinks Link's engaged to her. And even worse, Fi now tells me that Link has a happy "aura" when he's around Peatrice. Dang it! I should have made Link turn her down, since apparently her father gives the same amount of Gratitude Crystals. I hope Zelda and Link don't go back to Skyloft in the end. Zelda's SO obviously Link's love interest in this game, and I'd hate to think of him having a mistress. wacko.gif

Also, on the topic of Zelda shipping, did anyone see that love letter on the desk in Zelda's room? I wonder who it's for. pictureem0.gif Or from. wot.gif

Looks like Nintendo has established a new ship. LOL just kidding, Peatrice annoys me dry.gif

I only took note of the letter on Zelda's desk in my second playthrough. The first thing I did when I went to Zelda's room was sleep in her bed. Link can be such a creeper sometimes.

JA2DBzd.png

#99 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 11 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like Nintendo has established a new ship. LOL just kidding, Peatrice annoys me dry.gif

Ha ha, it figures that in the Zelda game with the most obvious pairing development, they had to throw in a few red herrings. Link/Peatrice and Zelda/Groose are like ships out of a bad dream. argh1.png

On that note, I just discovered this page. Apparently there's more than one Zelda Wiki, and this one has a much longer section on shipping. I love how long the Skyward Sword section for Zelink is. happy.gif
It's also interesting to see Zelink stuff they put in other games. I totally forgot about some of the stuff in Majora's Mask (mainly because Zelda wasn't even in that one), and the Oracle games. I also love how they acknowledge the possibility of Link just being oblivious in the Link/Peatrice section. It sort of reminds me of Naru/Hina for some reason.

I didn't want to read too much of the SS Zelink stuff on that site, but my inner shipper has a random question. Before Zelda got sucked into Ghirahim's whirlwind, she tells Link, "There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about..." Was this ever elaborated upon later in the game, or was it left open-ended? Because my first thought during that scene, given how romantic it felt, was that it was something shipping related. wink.gif

I only took note of the letter on Zelda's desk in my second playthrough. The first thing I did when I went to Zelda's room was sleep in her bed. Link can be such a creeper sometimes.

I plan to sleep in that bed whenever I go back to Skyloft. Link's gotta get used to it. pictureem0.gif

EDIT: I'm a few months late, but I just found this gem while searching the eShop on my 3DS.

Daww.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 12 January 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#100 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 12 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On that note, I just discovered this page. Apparently there's more than one Zelda Wiki, and this one has a much longer section on shipping. I love how long the Skyward Sword section for Zelink is. happy.gif

FHDFGKFDGJHL OMG 8DDDDDDDDDD a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif I just totally spazzed there, I'm such a fangirl x) sorry about that.

Ahem, anyways. Whoa. I knew that this Zelda Wiki existed. I knew there was a shipping article. What I didn't know is that the Skyward Sword section was added and would be that damn long. Wow. I'm actually quite surprised, seeing as SS shipping section on Zeldapedia is pfft, only a paragraph long. Even the shipping section for Spirit Tracks is longer on Zeldapedia. But this one... oh my gosh. Just, wow. eager.gif

Anyways, time to read. wow.png

/ten minutes later

... okay I'm back. Anyways, yeah. I'm just... really surprised. I read the shipping section over on Zeldapedia [which is on Zelda's article, not a separate page] and they actually go into more detail about the Zelink moments in games where there aren't as many hints. Look at Ocarina of Time for example. On Zelda Wiki the only cutscene that's been acknowledged as a "romantic" moment is the ending. But look what Zeldapedia's got:

Some cutscenes in Ocarina of Time featuring the two together have been interpreted as signs of an attraction. For example, when Link follows Zelda out of Ganondorf's crumbling castle prior to the final battle, several hearts that recover the player's life energy are left by Zelda. While Link and Zelda are escaping Ganon's Castle, Zelda will additionally show her concern for Link by shouting out whenever he is hurt. Moreover, in the game's final scene, Zelda and Link are floating in the sky together, sharing a decidedly sentimental (if not necessarily romantic) moment.

Ironic how Zeldapedia's only got a paragraph about SS moments, while Zelda Wiki's got a whole section that's almost 800 words [yes I actually did a word count]. Anyways, I love how they go into so much detail about the smallest moments in Skyward Sword, because then when someone goes back and watches it, the little moments become straight out obvious. happy.gif

I didn't want to read too much of the SS Zelink stuff on that site, but my inner shipper has a random question. Before Zelda got sucked into Ghirahim's whirlwind, she tells Link, "There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about..." Was this ever elaborated upon later in the game, or was it left open-ended? Because my first thought during that scene, given how romantic it felt, was that it was something shipping related. wink.gif

That... is for you to find out when you finish the game. tongue.gif

But now I know why Link hates Ganondorf or whatever. Every time he's about to get his moment with Zelda, some evil force in whatever form always manages to kitten block him somehow. Poor Link sad.gif

I plan to sleep in that bed whenever I go back to Skyloft. Link's gotta get used to it. pictureem0.gif

Oh yes. The bed must smell nice too. Oh gosh, now Link really has to get used to it. pictureem0.gif

heheelq7.png

EDIT: I'm a few months late, but I just found this gem while searching the eShop on my 3DS.

Daww.

LOL, I saw that ages ago. tongue.gif I posted it on the other Zelda thread long before the game was released, and I went on about how the game was gonna be one hell of a high school drama. laugh.gif

JA2DBzd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users