#61 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ May 14 2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quite enjoying it so far though the battle system does take getting used too, forgot to save last night and lost three hours of progress sad.gif caught up tho now and just met Pascal

Good luck it's an awesome game make sure you earn 5 starts in the titles you've unlocked. That's the key to making the party very strong while leveling up helps too of course.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#62 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

is it better to get the basics of each title or maximize them as soon as possible? I have been learning each title to at least level 3 then move on to a new one so I get the most of each. Then I go back when I have got the time.

Edited by Verilance, 16 May 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#63 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Today is probably the day I will finally buy a 3DS and obviously the first game I will buy is Tales of the Abyss. I've been wanting to play it for a while.

EDIT: bought the 3DS and Abyss started playing and I've been hooked ever since I bought it. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 May 2012 - 01:54 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#64 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Tales Festival 2012 starting on June 2nd, mark your calender for that date, it will be the date the next Tales Mothership title will be officially unveiled, looking at the concept art published in Famitsu, look like the game has a very differt tone and setup than usual, we have a futeristic city with skyscrapers and a busy shopping distrct, and what looks like a advanced bullet train.

I'm dissapointed that th anime look appears to be replaced for something more realistic, but i'm also hoping this means the design choices were made to appeal to the western market, increasing the chances of seeing a Western release.

Also i'm intrigued by the catchphrase 'Are you prepared to Destroy the world for the sake of a girl.' Are we going to see a Enslaved type setup with your own survival being dependent on the heroine or something else?

iAnby7W.gif

#65 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 16 2012, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today is probably the day I will finally buy a 3DS and obviously the first game I will buy is Tales of the Abyss. I've been wanting to play it for a while.

EDIT: bought the 3DS and Abyss started playing and I've been hooked ever since I bought it. biggrin.gif

Congrats, man! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm getting more use out of my 3DS right now than the Wii60 combined. happy.gif

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 19 2012, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also i'm intrigued by the catchphrase 'Are you prepared to Destroy the world for the sake of a girl.' Are we going to see a Enslaved type setup with your own survival being dependent on the heroine or something else?

My first thought was that the hero of the game would basically choose to save his female friend at the expense of the rest of the world, sort of like Lloyd's choice to save Colette in Symphonia. Of course, the catchphrase sounds a little more decisive than that, so it could just as easily be something else.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#66 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ May 19 2012, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tales Festival 2012 starting on June 2nd, mark your calender for that date, it will be the date the next Tales Mothership title will be officially unveiled, looking at the concept art published in Famitsu, look like the game has a very differt tone and setup than usual, we have a futeristic city with skyscrapers and a busy shopping distrct, and what looks like a advanced bullet train.

I'm dissapointed that th anime look appears to be replaced for something more realistic, but i'm also hoping this means the design choices were made to appeal to the western market, increasing the chances of seeing a Western release.

OMG! th_confused0089.gif I want to see the new Tales game! wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#67 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ May 16 2012, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it better to get the basics of each title or maximize them as soon as possible? I have been learning each title to at least level 3 then move on to a new one so I get the most of each. Then I go back when I have got the time.

Full mastery of skills is really only useful at end game or new game+. Pick the skills that will give the largest benefits.(skills that give conditional boosts such as "Stun(biggest CC generator in the game)" or health recovery on eleth bursts)
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#68 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Dang I never knew there will be a new Tales of lol
I got Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss (PS2) and Tales of Graces f biggrin.gif
I can't wait to see. When is that?
Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#69 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

As I already imported the US (Well Canadian really) copy of Tales of Graces F I was on the fence about getting the Europe copy when it gets released in here in England, was thinking maybe to wait a bit and then buy a copy when it goes down to £20, but after Namco Announced the Day One Pre Order version well it became a must pre-order game....No way am I missing out on the sountract and artbook....Namco sure are releasing some good games this year, there has been Witcher 2, Naruto, and soul Calibar, so far, and Tales of Graces, Tekken Tag 2, One Piece and ni no Kuni still to come.

iAnby7W.gif

#70 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I heard that the next Tales is tittled" Tales of Xillia 2" there's actually going to be a sequel to last year's tales game, making this will be the second sequel made from the series (without counting Tales of the World lol) But I am looking forward to this game, because since the first Xillia was branded by Namco of NA it will eventually be localized meaning that the sequel will probably be localized too just like both Tales of Symphonia.

EDIT: here's a link of the game. smile.gif

http://www.abyssalch...=...s&fn_id=903

Edited by Gravenimage, 02 June 2012 - 11:23 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#71 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

First Tales game I ever got my hands on? Probably my neighbor's copy of Dawn Of The New World on the Wii. When we found out it was a sequal, she got the original Symphonia on her Game Cube and we took turns playing it. She also owns copies (and I've played them some) of Vesperia (XBox), Legendia (after she found out I had a copy and wanted to stop borrowing my disc all the time, lol) (PS2), Abyss (3DS and PS2 copies), and Radiant Mythology (PSP), and Graces F....off what I remember off top of my head.

For my own game library, off the top of my head, I own Legendia and Abyss for PS2. I'm also planning on nabbing Graces F as either a b-day gift for myself or talking a family member into gifting it, lol.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 07 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.

"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#72 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 2 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard that the next Tales is tittled" Tales of Xillia 2" there's actually going to be a sequel to last year's tales game, making this will be the second sequel made from the series (without counting Tales of the World lol) But I am looking forward to this game, because since the first Xillia was branded by Namco of NA it will eventually be localized meaning that the sequel will probably be localized too just like both Tales of Symphonia.

Thanks for the link, i've been using TalesUnion for my news for the tales series and they are slower than the sleepy turtle.

Ooooh nice piece of anticipation for Hideo Baba's last part of his interview...aparently has a surprise so it can't be shown yet...could it we are finally getting Xillia?!?!?!?!?!? Please let it happen.

iAnby7W.gif

#73 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Oh The new mothership title is Tales of Xillia 2

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 16 2012, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe Let me know when you finish. It's a great game gut not to crazy about some of the characters though

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 June 2012 - 11:52 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#74 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 2 2012, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That controller looks sick man! Here's hoping we get the localized version soon.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#75 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jun 7 2012, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh The new mothership title is Tales of Xillia 2

Hehe Let me know when you finish. It's a great game gut not to crazy about some of the characters though

I finished the game already and now I'm up to my 2nd playthrough with 10X experience making it a lot easier to level up it's like a cake walk, this time I want to do the side quests also the end made me cry I love Luke/Tear and Guy/Natalia too (I think they make a cute couple pictureem0.gif).

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 June 2012 - 03:07 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#76 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 7 2012, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finished the game already and now I'm up to my 2nd playthrough with 10X experience making it a lot easier to level up it's like a cake walk, this time I want to do the side quests also the end made me cry I love Luke/Tear and Guy/Natalia too (I think they make a cute couple pictureem0.gif).

Dang, you're a lot farther than me! I got the game for Easter and only just beat the Shurrey Hills dungeon! laugh.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#77 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 7 2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang, you're a lot farther than me! I got the game for Easter and only just beat the Shurrey Hills dungeon! laugh.gif

Well I admit the game was long and the story is probably longer than the first Symphonia. I should tell you without giving spoilers that you can clear the game being around lv 78 to 80 (thought the final boss will knocked you out a couple of times I was in 78-79 and some members of my party got KO).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#78 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 8 2012, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I only watched the anime due to not having enough time. After finishing it, I wished I had played it few years ago before my PS2 went bust.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#79 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Now that Tales of Vesperia the movie First strike has been finally released to NA do you guys think that the PS3 version of the game will be release too? I certainly hope so. eager.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#80 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Lol, so I take it all recomend Graces F? I'm certainly looking forward to when I nab my own copy, which might be soon (if I decide to treat myself after all that work painting the fence, lol).

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 7 2012, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I only watched the anime due to not having enough time. After finishing it, I wished I had played it few years ago before my PS2 went bust.

I've seen PS2 Slims selling for $99 in various stores.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 30 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that Tales of Vesperia the movie First strike has been finally released to NA do you guys think that the PS3 version of the game will be release too? I certainly hope so. eager.gif

I second that sentiment, lol.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users