23 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

We're a little bit into the new season, but a bunch of animes came out already. Here's a link to all the animes coming out this season:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

What animes are you guys planning to watch? Overall, this seems to be rather a weak start for this year. I'll be watching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime season 2, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

lots of slice of life this year

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

musaigen no phantomworld AOTS

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

For a Winter season it's not a strong showing, with the exception of second and third series ofcourse.

I was looking forward to the Phantom World the most, (actually the only new series I was looking forward to.) but first episode was a dissapointment, felt very much like a typical Shounen, which is fine, except this is KyoAni and I expect better, though I should not be as surprised, this seems to follow their trend, they have the more story focused and then the light hearted stuff...this feels more inline with the likes of chuubi, and Amagi Park though with not as interesting charactors....hopefully that will change in further chapters.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

If you use ANN's first impressions as a reference, ERASED and Dimension W should be your must-watch for this season. I'm interested in ERASED, but there's something about it that doesn't quite catch my interest, despite all the good things I've heard. I might change my mind later, though. For Dimension W, just watched it, and I love how it evokes past greats the likes of Bebop, Samurai Champloo and for some, Solty Rei without being too obvious about it.

Funimation is supposedly co-producing it directly with their Japanese counterpart, though I'm not quite clear on it. But that said, it's quite obvious why. The anime is pretty obviously aimed at those who grew up in the anime boom of the 2000s. The first episode isn't spectacular, but it has decent footing to set the tone of the series.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

I don't really see anything of interest personally BUT I'm MAD HYPE FOR Spring 2016 for only ONE REASON. Boku no Hero Academia  :hehehe:  :fu: 

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2016 - 12:35 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

If you use ANN's first impressions as a reference, ERASED and Dimension W should be your must-watch for this season. I'm interested in ERASED, but there's something about it that doesn't quite catch my interest, despite all the good things I've heard. I might change my mind later, though. For Dimension W, just watched it, and I love how it evokes past greats the likes of Bebop, Samurai Champloo and for some, Solty Rei without being too obvious about it.

Funimation is supposedly co-producing it directly with their Japanese counterpart, though I'm not quite clear on it. But that said, it's quite obvious why. The anime is pretty obviously aimed at those who grew up in the anime boom of the 2000s. The first episode isn't spectacular, but it has decent footing to set the tone of the series.

Dimension W was interesting but not really captivating to me. The assshot fanservice was annoying.
I don't think you can do anything wrong with ERASED. Kind of like a combo of Case Closed and Steins;Gate.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#8 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

SnS had that tentacle rape-orgasm in its first episode, but it still turned out to be pretty good down the line. If the fanservice turned you off, then I have no words considering this is far, far tamer. I'm willing to cut it some slack and wait for another few episodes to see where this is going.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#9 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

SnS had that tentacle rape-orgasm in its first episode, but it still turned out to be pretty good down the line. If the fanservice turned you off, then I have no words considering this is far, far tamer. I'm willing to cut it some slack and wait for another few episodes to see where this is going.

That annoyed me about SnS first, too, lol. However, SnS is known to be classified as an Echi, so I knew exactly what to expect.

I won't drop Dimension W b/c of the fanservice, but it really is unnecessary (more like lolly if anything). The story just doesn't seem to pull me in as of right now.

Edited by trang95, 11 January 2016 - 04:26 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#10 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

tfw people get turned off by fanservice

prince of stride and aokana also are two animes to watch out this season

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

tfw people get turned off by fanservice

prince of stride and aokana also are two animes to watch out this season

Unless its classified as an ecchi, it can strip a show's dignity away in my eyes cause it's unneeded. Dimension W does it on a little girl? Tell, what's sexy about it?

Oh well, I've seen worse.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

For me, fanservice is a non-issue. Unless it's specifically ecchi in genre, that is. For goodness sakes, it's only one episode and it is completely unfair to dismiss an entire work based on just one aspect.

248793.jpg

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

For me, fanservice is a non-issue. Unless it's specifically ecchi in genre, that is. For goodness sakes, it's only one episode and it is completely unfair to dismiss an entire work based on just one aspect.

That was a little critique I had for Dimension W. I've already talked to others who read the manga. They said the fanservice on that girl goes away later. If I drop this anime, I will drop it b/c the story sucks.

I point out the assshots are annoying once cause it's sort of useless in this anime, but people act like I'm attacking the entirety of this anime. I've seen fanservice for a long time, guys, ok? Honestly, when I mention my dislike about fanservice over the internet, people take it a lot more serious than they think I mean it. If you wonder how I reacted to it, it was something along the lines of:" Oh yeah, assshots, Annoying. Whatever." I just don't like it if fanservice is done on little kids.

Changed your opinion on ERASED yet?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

aww I didn't watch dimension w yet is it /e/dgy?

anyway, my point stands still; mirror's edge nip edition and aokana are aots contenders

#15 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

We're a little bit into the new season, but a bunch of animes came out already. Here's a link to all the animes coming out this season:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

What animes are you guys planning to watch? Overall, this seems to be rather a weak start for this year. I'll be watching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime season 2, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

That's pretty much what I'm planning to watch too.

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

That's pretty much what I'm planning to watch too.

I'm not surprised, lol.

I guess after seasons and seasons of watching animes on a weekly basis, I've started to find out what suits my taste or what I should simply avoid.

What do you think is the best anime of this season? I personally think it is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (that name is a tongue twister). I can't say that I'm all too engrossed in the actual story the characters are presenting, but the cultural significance is really intriguing. And the drama is nice, too. It seems like the focus of the story has shifted backwards though?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

I also look forward to Ace Attorney! :w00t:

#18 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

I'm not surprised, lol.

I guess after seasons and seasons of watching animes on a weekly basis, I've started to find out what suits my taste or what I should simply avoid.

What do you think is the best anime of this season? I personally think it is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (that name is a tongue twister). I can't say that I'm all too engrossed in the actual story the characters are presenting, but the cultural significance is really intriguing. And the drama is nice, too. It seems like the focus of the story has shifted backwards though?

The last couple or so seasons for anime have been largely disappointing for me, so I'm becoming more picky.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is currently my favorite for this season too. I like the look it gives into an aspect of Japanese culture I don't know much about and the characters themselves are engaging enough to maintain interest thus far.

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

The last couple or so seasons for anime have been largely disappointing for me, so I'm becoming more picky.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is currently my favorite for this season too. I like the look it gives into an aspect of Japanese culture I don't know much about and the characters themselves are engaging enough to maintain interest thus far.

I created a thread for the anime: http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15594

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Yeah I mean I don't mean to bi tch or anything but all I see is cutesy art harems left right and center :dry: and if it's not that well it's just something I'm really not that interested in. Anime just doesn't intrigue me like it use to, except for those REALLY rare occasions

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 January 2016 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users