Close
Photo

Grace's Blog!

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#21 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 15 2010, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I wore out most of my clothes this summer. Every year I need to remind myself not to wear shirts when kayaking cause it makes rip argh1.png. Good luck finding some clothes, if there's a goodwill by you they usually have something to wear (like 99 cent jeans!). If your addicted to band Tees like me every once in a while you find some.

Kayaking? Brave being! I went once at a camp-mountain-retreat-thing, and it freaked me out. Probably didn't help that I was already terrified of the water, but still ^^;; Do you do "gentle" kayaking or the rougher stuff?

I'm sure I'll find some stuff; my hometown's got a Goodwill, a hospital donation store, a home-run thrift shop, and a small-time charity shop.

For some reason, we're a very thrifty place... Not that I complain--you can find some real gems in places like that! wow.png

#22 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kayaking? Brave being! I went once at a camp-mountain-retreat-thing, and it freaked me out. Probably didn't help that I was already terrified of the water, but still ^^;; Do you do "gentle" kayaking or the rougher stuff?

I'm sure I'll find some stuff; my hometown's got a Goodwill, a hospital donation store, a home-run thrift shop, and a small-time charity shop.

For some reason, we're a very thrifty place... Not that I complain--you can find some real gems in places like that! wow.png

I love kayaking! Growing up in the mountains I was exposed to the wonders of kayaking. I usually do class 4-5, I go out for about a week and camp out on the river and kayak everyday. Though I'm always sick of it by the end of the week sweatdrop.gif. thrift is awesome (cause it's cheap, and I'm broke)

JLHza2T.png

#23 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love kayaking! Growing up in the mountains I was exposed to the wonders of kayaking. I usually do class 4-5, I go out for about a week and camp out on the river and kayak everyday. Though I'm always sick of it by the end of the week sweatdrop.gif. thrift is awesome (cause it's cheap, and I'm broke)

Dang, wish my schedule was so free! Usually it's classes and then straight home for dinner, or I'll run around town for an hour or so with a friend before going home to dinner.

Growing up in the mountains? Sounds neat--I was born in an ocean-town, raised in a small agricultural town. The most I've been to the mountains was for that retreat, or for a single-day hike.

#24 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang, wish my schedule was so free! Usually it's classes and then straight home for dinner, or I'll run around town for an hour or so with a friend before going home to dinner.

Growing up in the mountains? Sounds neat--I was born in an ocean-town, raised in a small agricultural town. The most I've been to the mountains was for that retreat, or for a single-day hike.

A well of course only during the summer I can take a week off biggrin.gif. Ah I love the mountains such crisp air. Man I'm so tired of this no matter what I do I can't find quality anime to watch, I'd read manga but I'm to lazy to press my arrow key sweatdrop.gif

JLHza2T.png

#25 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A well of course only during the summer I can take a week off biggrin.gif. Ah I love the mountains such crisp air. Man I'm so tired of this no matter what I do I can't find quality anime to watch, I'd read manga but I'm to lazy to press my arrow key sweatdrop.gif

What sites do you usually go to for anime? I browse gogoanime.com--they have a pretty decent selection =]

Too lazy for the arrow key? That's a sign to pass out isn't it? XD

#26 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What sites do you usually go to for anime? I browse gogoanime.com--they have a pretty decent selection =]

Too lazy for the arrow key? That's a sign to pass out isn't it? XD

My sleep schedule is a little weird at the moment I had an all nighter yesterday and then I slept 3 hours around 9 now I'm back and not tired sweatdrop.gif
I usually use animeseason, I decided to just pick one the piqued my interest a little called Nyan Koi! A show about people talking to cats? whats not to like.

JLHza2T.png

#27 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My sleep schedule is a little weird at the moment I had an all nighter yesterday and then I slept 3 hours around 9 now I'm back and not tired sweatdrop.gif
I usually use animeseason, I decided to just pick one the piqued my interest a little called Nyan Koi! A show about people talking to cats? whats not to like.

Sounds like what I do during school. During the summer I usually become nocturnal and stay up 'til dawn, then crash all day. For example, it's 1:43 AM where I'm at, yet I might not sleep for another two or three hours =P

Nyan Koi? Aside from strange (I'm assuming? XD ), what kind of anime is it?

#28 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like what I do during school. During the summer I usually become nocturnal and stay up 'til dawn, then crash all day. For example, it's 1:43 AM where I'm at, yet I might not sleep for another two or three hours =P

Nyan Koi? Aside from strange (I'm assuming? XD ), what kind of anime is it?

I'd love to answer that question but I stopped watching like 2 minutes in. I'm just re-reading of the Haruhi Suzumiya light novels but then I got bored of that now fanfiction...sigh I'm so hard keep occupied today.

JLHza2T.png

#29 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to answer that question but I stopped watching like 2 minutes in. I'm just re-reading of the Haruhi Suzumiya light novels but then I got bored of that now fanfiction...sigh I'm so hard keep occupied today.

You could.....er......sleep?
Go take a walk?
Play solitaire?
Play the craziest songs you know and make up your own dance moves?
Cruise Youtube?<----That's what I do when I'm horrendously bored.

Fanfiction's been iffy for me lately, but hope you're having good luck finding anything decent.

#30 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could.....er......sleep?
Go take a walk?
Play solitaire?
Play the craziest songs you know and make up your own dance moves?
Cruise Youtube?<----That's what I do when I'm horrendously bored.

Fanfiction's been iffy for me lately, but hope you're having good luck finding anything decent.

Psssssshhhh sleep?
It's 3:30 and freezing cold lol but that does actually sound nice
I don't know how to play solitaire and I'm not particularly interested in learning stuff right now.
I'm no good at dancing so I'll skip
I cruise youtube to much

Nothing that good really just a hilarious fic thats a crossover between Dethklok and Haruhi Suzumiya

Hmmmm Clannad looks interesting I think I might take a gander at that.

JLHza2T.png

#31 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Psssssshhhh sleep?
It's 3:30 and freezing cold lol but that does actually sound nice
I don't know how to play solitaire and I'm not particularly interested in learning stuff right now.
I'm no good at dancing so I'll skip
I cruise youtube to much

Nothing that good really just a hilarious fic thats a crossover between Dethklok and Haruhi Suzumiya

Hmmmm Clannad looks interesting I think I might take a gander at that.

Cold? Damn, sounds nice. It's near the 90s here, and is supposed to get hotter D:

Your computer doesn't have solitaire?
Pssh, that's what makes it fun tongue.gif
You can never cruise Youtube too much >8[ <-----incredibly serious face.

Dethklok? .......a band? Or is it another manga/anime?

Clannad's pretty good from what I hear; never checked it out myself.

Edited by Kushina, 16 July 2010 - 09:54 AM.

#32 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cold? Damn, sounds nice. It's near the 90s here, and is supposed to get hotter D:

Your computer doesn't have solitaire?
Pssh, that's what makes it fun tongue.gif
You can never cruise Youtube too much >8[ <-----incredibly serious face.

Dethklok? .......a band? Or is it another manga/anime?

Clannad's pretty good from what I hear; never checked it out myself.

Yeah Dethklok is a band but the series I guess would be called Metalocalypse. It's a cartoon on adult swim that celebrates and parodies metal culture.

JLHza2T.png

#33 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 16 2010, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Dethklok is a band but the series I guess would be called Metalocalypse. It's a cartoon on adult swim that celebrates and parodies metal culture.

omfg.gif

OOOOOOH. I know of Metalocalypse, but never watch it so I didn't realize the band had an actual name...

What the hell kind of crossover fic are you reading? XD

#34 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.....holy crap, I'm one of those fangirls.

Y'know, those fangirls/boys that will buy a crap-ton of paraphernalia just for the sake of having stuff to represent their fandom?

Yeah. I'm one of those apparently XD

Today I found that someone had randomly sent me a birthday card (nearly two months late) via Amazon.com--it arrived through snail mail. Inside was a bizarre message with no name, saying that they'd forgotten to give me anything on my birthday because I hadn't reminded them. Also inside was a glorious gift-card for 75$ on Amazon.com!

8O !!!!

THANK YOU ANONYMOUS LATE-GIFT-GIVER.

So I mozey on over to A.com, right? First thing I look up is the first boxed set of Shippuuden, since I'd been meaning to grab it for myself. Checked the price, found it reasonable, and added it to my cart. Once that happened, though, the page reloaded and showed me many other glorious things that "you might like as well".

AND THEY WERE RIGHT.

There were so many random, fabulous prizes! A decent-looking Tsunade's necklace, Naruto's gama-purse, an adorable Iruka-sensei patch--it just went on and on!

25 pages later, and I'd made my final choices (though it was hard to turn down a lot of the stuff I saw....).

In the end I ordered:

--->Naruto Shippuuden Box-set #1
--->An Ichiraku Ramen t-shirt (it looks so freaking cool <333)
--->the iron-on Iruka patch
--->A Shippuuden tote-bag with Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi in the corner. The main image is the Leaf-symbol made up of variously colored shuriken
--->a Part 1 Naruto button =^ o^=
--->another Part 1 Naruto button...... Leave me alone, he was a cute kid arg.gif
--->a dog-tag necklace with the Uzumaki symbol
--->a Sai flashlight keychain
--->Naruto's gama-purse
--->a brown-suede wallet with post-time-skip Naruto on it
--->Tsunade's necklace
--->a necklace with the Leaf-symbol+a little gold heart (it's not as stupid-looking as it sounds)

.......GEE. I'M NOT A FANTARD AT ALL, AM I? But come on: I had 75 freaking dollars with no strings attached, and I was sprung into a fangirl's paradise. What else was I supposed to do besides go wild? argh1.png

Dude, I'm that kind of person, too tongue.gif And I REALLY want an Ichiraku shirt....

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#35 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jul 16 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, I'm that kind of person, too tongue.gif And I REALLY want an Ichiraku shirt....

Glad I'm not the only one XD

The Ichiraku shirt looks pretty cool, though it's just a black t-shirt with the name in katakana/kanji. It was about....20 bucks I think.

http://www.amazon.co...ref=oss_product

#36 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

Seventy five dollars for all of that stuff? That's a steal! omfg.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#37 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 16 2010, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seventy five dollars for all of that stuff? That's a steal! omfg.gif

Well, not all of it was covered...but the difference wasn't very much--it was a huge bargain <3

#38 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 16 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I'm not the only one XD

The Ichiraku shirt looks pretty cool, though it's just a black t-shirt with the name in katakana/kanji. It was about....20 bucks I think.

http://www.amazon.co...ref=oss_product

Looks great! a_thumbs.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#39 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Oh the memories!

So I was cruising Youtube (this is not new) when I came across this old video:

It's from four years ago, and when I first found it I was a humoooooooongous Harry Potter nerd. I got into the series when it first came out here in the States, back when I was only 8 years old, and it was my very first fandom. Well....maybe. It had competition with Pokemon and Digimon, but whatever.

I remained involved with the HP fandom loyally until the final book came out, and then it just sort of....stopped. I still like the books--always will--but I think once I finished the series I'd grown up with, it was like I graduated from it. Because of a crack pairing I supported, I still held a little connection to the fandom until recently when the ultimate fanfiction for my pairing finally ended. Once it did, it was like I had completely separated myself from Harry Potter.

Which....is kind of weird to think about: I was in a fandom for a whole decade, from childhood to adulthood, and now I'm calmly done with it.

So the video was a nice bit of nostalgia, reminding me of all of the random stuff we crazy HP nerds got into while the series was still going.

#40 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

Wow. That was random.

So I was drinking some root beer, when out of nowhere, I suddenly thought: "Is this fuzzy carbonated feeling the same as kissing someone you really like?"

.....what the hell, brain? Just...what the hell? arg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users