1386 replies to this topic

#1281 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

Jennifer Lawrence was great in the Hunger Games franchise. Joy movie didn't suit her. It's better she acts as characters like the one of Hunger Games and X-men.

And Bradley Cooper is too old for her :P

#1282 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

Assassins Creed

Saw it a couple of days ago. Now I liked it but at the same time there were a couple of things I didn't enjoy.

First of all it's like some people said, that this is the worst movie Fassbender has been in. Those people need either to shut up or actually watch a bad movie to see what a bad movie really is.

Secondly let's move on to what I didn't quite enjoy. The Assassins themselves, the way they were portrayed in the movie makes them really close to a psychopathic group of individuals. Cal's father killed his own wife to save her from Abstergo, and the mother was ok with it. Then the whole creed creed creed above all. Blindly following the creed without actually understanding it. That's something that I didn't enjoy with their portrayal in the movie.

In the games the Assassins are more likable. In the movie honestly judging from my first watch they aren't any better than the templars.

Another thing I didn't enjoy are the fights and the fog. The fights because I absolutely hate Hollywood for the jump and shaking and filming a fight from 3 different angles and switching between then in a nano second each nano second. The viewer needs to see what the bloody hell is going on.

I do understand why, it's because this method is quicker and because of that it's also cheaper. Because do it right means more time with the actors and stunt doubles and the camera operators, which means more money. More time, more money. So it's a cheaper to do it that way.

The fog, what I mean is the added fog in the past scenes. Again they do this in movies because it's cheaper,  because they haven't rendered the entire scenario, the area itself. Because doing that adding detail everywhere again needs more time therefore more money. So they find different ways to make the background fuzzy or darker or some kind of effect to hide that they haven't rendered the whole area. Remember a good portion of the movie is actually filmed on a green screen.

Oh and one more thing I didn't like. The soundtrack. I remember the songs from the games vividly, in the movie can't recall a single good song or something that I might enjoy.

So what did I like. :)

The opening scene. The initiation. It was like watching Ezio becoming an Assassins again.

The actors for doing a fantastic job. The dialogue. The fighting even though it was poorly filmed, you can see beyond the poor film making that the fights were well done. Just badly filmed.

The new Animus, yes. Just yes. Absolutely loved the way they showed the past and the present when Aguilar was fighting or climbing and Cal reliving those memories. Fantastic. The bleeding effect.

The present part was well done. The past as well. Love the touch of them speaking Spanish in the past.

Overall a good movie that unfortunately suffers from the Hollywood effect of cutting corners and saving money, instead of spending more money to make a better product.

Oh and I even have to mention that the movie had a LEAP OF FAITH in it? Do I???? :D

So final rating, it's a thumbs up. This movie never set itself to be some grand masterpiece like a lot of the movie reviews are judging it right now. It is what it is.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1283 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

In my case I just like Assassin Creed The movie I en joyed it and love it, if I praising too much this movie probably because I don't know how to really review a movie, but I will not deny that this movie had a lot failures.

I believe this movie was short having in mind that the AC universe has a lot  to provide even the first one. Talking about the first game Ubi said that this story was different, but it was alternative or spin off of the first AC game just in a different way. Why not did they take the risk having Michel as Altair? Or Why not instead a game sequel, the movie should have been the next story in line of the series?.

Still I enjoyed a lot stuff in this movie, the feeling of the initiation, the feeling they made when they enter to the Animus and the Leap Of Faith. The execution of the Bleeding effect. I have to give credit to Ubi, I believe gave us everything what we asked ( except Eye Vision) still even the interruption from the action to the bore drama out of the Animus which a lot fans were cry babies about it. 

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1284 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Star Trek Beyond 10/10- another masterpiece in the franchise J.J Abrahams has done it again.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1285 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

Live By Night

Avoid it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1286 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

John Wick Chapter 2

Turn off your brain and watch some mindless action of Neo reuniting with Morpheus and taking out some gangsters.

If that's what you care about then go for it. If not then don't go for it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1287 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Live By Night

Avoid it.

You're suppose to give it a score out of 10 anyway.

Hacksaw Ridge 10/10- Andrew Garfield's best movie ever since he didn't do that well with both spider man films. Base on a true story from WWII tells the story of a heroic young man who refuses to use violence and wants to become a medic enlisting in the army. However he becomes a combat paramedic but refuses to use a weapon. The whole plot unfolds during the battle field as he was able to saved over 70 lives on his own comrades by himself and without using a rifle or weapon to defend himself. He was given the medal of honor a very aspiring film. The heroic veteran who Andrew portrayed in the movie passed away at the age of 87 in 2006.

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 February 2017 - 03:57 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1288 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

Moana; thumbs up! It's an 8. A bit cheesy and cliché, but that's disney style. So if you like disney you'll like it.

I think it's the best movie in recent years(exc Merida maybe), I think both frozen, princess and frog, and tangled were mediocre in terms of quality.

At first I didn't like the songs either, but they've grown on me. :) Really catchy and full of hope.

ナルサク

#1289 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Boo ! A Madea Halloween : 5.5  /10

In terms of comedy, funny, but not that funny.

#1290 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:31 AM

Arrival 4/10- I will admit the movie started interesting and as it progresses it gets more interesting. But the further it went on the more complex it got and eventually it becomes rather, boring. It's a good thing I saw it on amazon instant video because I am pretty sure those who watched it in theaters fell asleep. Again the concept of the movie was interesting but it becomes complex and boring. All in all not worth watching. 

Independence Day Resurgence 8/10- the movie has too much sci-fi/fantasy but the story was good, the drama was good and the characters were good. Fans from the first film will like it. Point is the movie really didn't needed Will Smith to make it good. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1291 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

The Last Of Us The Movie or as the rest of the world knows it Logan

Hugh Jackman's last movie as Wolverine.

Well unlike the previous X-Men and Wolverine movies, this was is serious and brutal. And I liked it. Not just because they finally showed what would actually happened if someone has metal claws sticking out of his hands, but the story and the dialogue as well.

Keep in mind it's not the typical superheroes dressed in spandex jumping around and saving the world without any consequences.

Thumbs up.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1292 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

Inferno 10/10- Tom Hanks has done it again in this drama/suspense movie based on the third book novel trilogy of the same name. It's also the third movie following the events of the Da Vinci Code and Angels vs Demons.

Edited by Gravenimage, 11 March 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1293 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

Kong Skull Island

After the disaster of Godzilla from 2014, I thought that Hollywood just can't do big monster movies. I'm happy to say that I was wrong.

It's a good movie, it's fun, it's filled with good action, it's filmed well, and to me the most important thing they got rid of stupid insanely dumb nonsense that the giant monkey ("Is that a monkey?" good line) falls in love with the pretty blonde human woman.

Thumbs up.

Oh and they are apparently going to make a movie where Kong will go up against Godzilla. Hope they don't let the people who worked on 2014's Godzilla work on it. The special effects guys? Yes. Everyone else? No.

Apart from this guy:

Ken Watanabe

Edited by Nostradamus, 11 March 2017 - 03:11 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1294 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Life.

This one suffers from what I call the Prometheus syndrome. The Prometheus syndrome, is the syndrome where people who are supposed to be smart are in fact morons.

So a group of astronauts discovers alien life, now this new life form starts to evolve, then a small accident happens with the lab, and this life form goes into hibernation to protect itself they say. A genius decides to electrocute the alien life form to wake it up, he does it and like a typical sci-fi/horror/survival movie everything goes to hell.

From the point in which that guy decided to wake it up, everyone just makes dumb decisions one after another.

Now don't get me wrong, it's an ok-ish movie if you're willing to ignore all the stupidity in it. It's a pop-corn movie or a movie you're going to stream one time when you don't have anything to watch. You order yourself a pizza, get a beer and relax.

But it's not a movie worth watching in the cinema.

So thumbs in the middle depending on the situation.

Edited by Nostradamus, 25 March 2017 - 04:04 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1295 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

Fist of Legend- 10/10..

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#1296 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

Nostradamus@ please rate the movies you reviewed on a scale to 1 to 10.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1297 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

he said thumbs in the middle, so I'm assuming he's saying 5/10.

Also, I just watched Hot Chick lol. 10/10.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#1298 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

I don't like to rate things with numbers, and yes of course I know what the thread is called, obviously.

But for you I'll say a 5. @Illnevergiveup got it right.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1299 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

My thoughts on Power Rangers

In the end, 3.7 out of 5

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1300 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog The Movie. - 11/10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users