50 replies to this topic

#21 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Condolence for those who died on that incident...

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just have to ask, why would anyone do this? What was the point of it?

I don't get this world sometimes.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 17 2013, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just have to ask, why would any do this? What was the point of it?

I don't get this world sometimes.

I'm with you on this. This what makes me so damn mad at people who does this stuff.

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Boston strong tonight at the Bruins game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

http://www.patriots....a4-bb0693d96868

I love when my team does these kind of things. smile.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#26 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Some strange events have happened across the US within the last few days; First the explosions in Boston, then the discovery of suspicious letters/packages in two senate buildings (one addressed to Obama), found to contain Ricin, and now this explosion at a fertiliser plant in Texas (near Waco). This is now followed by another suspicious package discovered at a US naval base.

It might be completely unrelated, but tomorrow will mark the 20th aniversay since the end of the 51-day long 'Waco Siege/Massacre'...

This could just all be coincidence though, right? mellow.gif

Edited by Quinny52, 18 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#27 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

It's interesting, a lot of things going on right now with both the bombing and the letters. The fertilizer plant was an unrelated accident though, so that is more coincidental.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#28 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Apr 18 2013, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some strange events have happened across the US within the last few days; First the explosions in Boston, then the discovery of suspicious letters/packages in two senate buildings (one addressed to Obama), found to contain Ricin, and now this explosion at a fertiliser plant in Texas (near Waco). This is now followed by another suspicious package discovered at a US naval base.

It might be completely unrelated, but tomorrow will mark the 20th aniversay since the end of the 51-day long 'Waco Siege/Massacre'...

This could just all be coincidence though, right? mellow.gif

The explosion is in West, Texas a very small town about 20 minutes outside of Waco. Waco is the reference point because without it, no one is going to know where the hell it is (and that is where most of the wounded went, though some are being taken to Parkland (Downtown Dallas) unless they have been in the area before. Waco is the nearest town of any decent size and it's in the same county, but it's not that close and even if you are driving on the freeway (35) you will not see anything in the town except for the Czech Bakery. Most of it is situated off the freeway and you'd have to work to find the actual city itself.

There are plenty of obvious targets in Waco itself and a much higher population density) and the explosion only followed a fire near an area that is full of explosive chemicals. I am not going to dismiss the entirely while its still be looked into, but this has more the makings of a tragic accident then a malicious act.

I suppose and unhappy employee could have picked this date with that in mind, but outside of that this is not an obvious target.

#29 Sakura_Blossom

Sakura_Blossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 18 2013, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The explosion is in West, Texas a very small town about 20 minutes outside of Waco. Waco is the reference point because without it, no one is going to know where the hell it is (and that is where most of the wounded went, though some are being taken to Parkland (Downtown Dallas) unless they have been in the area before. Waco is the nearest town of any decent size and it's in the same county, but it's not that close and even if you are driving on the freeway (35) you will not see anything in the town except for the Czech Bakery. Most of it is situated off the freeway and you'd have to work to find the actual city itself.

There are plenty of obvious targets in Waco itself and a much higher population density) and the explosion only followed a fire near an area that is full of explosive chemicals. I am not going to dismiss the entirely while its still be looked into, but this has more the makings of a tragic accident then a malicious act.

I suppose and unhappy employee could have picked this date with that in mind, but outside of that this is not an obvious target.

God what is happening? Could someone tell what does it all mean? Scary.

#30 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Easy to speculate at this point but harder to nail down facts unfortunately.

What we do know is that the bombing in boston was a planned event. Simple logic there the amount of time needed to put the explosives devices together and then place them and detonate thwem at the exact moment when the runners were clossing the finish line is extensive. And the tactic of 2 bombs one for effect and one for first responders is an old terror tactic.

The Ricin letters MAY be connected but are more likely the work of a single lone nut case than anything.

The texas fire is as Nate said more likely a tragic accident in line with the oil spill in Arkansas.

As to it being scary well ill let the good mr Fred Rogers speak to that

There several billion people on this planet these acts are only carried out by a miniscule fraction of that number. A mere drop in that ocean.

the amount of people who ran towards the danger and helped people far outnumber the number of people who cheered the pain caused
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#31 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I just heard on the news that Suspect #1 (the man with the black hat) in Monday's bombing has been declared dead at Massachusetts General Hospital this morning, the man was apprehended after what authorities described as a deadly crime spree that leaf one officer dear and another seriously wounded, unfortunately Suspect #2 (the man with white hat) is still on the run and is considered extremely dangerous.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#32 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 19 2013, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just heard on the news that Suspect #1 (the man with the black hat) in Monday's bombing has been declared dead at Massachusetts General Hospital this morning, the man was apprehended after what authorities described as a deadly crime spree that left one officer dead and another seriously wounded, unfortunately Suspect #2 (the man with white hat) is still on the run and is considered extremely dangerous.

To add to Jake's post, according to Sky News sources both suspects have been identified as 26 year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev (Black Cap; deceased), and his brother Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19 (White Cap). Both are said to be from the Russian region near Chechnya; both are believed to have been in the US for at least a year.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

To think, they have the technology and perhaps intelligence to find the culprit(s). God bless that. That said looks like they in fact found them, I mean they did fight back in a firefight. I hope very soon they get the suspect before anymore chaos can abrupt.

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

There's something odd about all this....

Usually, the Chechnyans would be trying to target Russian sites and the like. So why are they attacking the U.S. who have been on their side all this time as far as I know?? Al-Qaeda has confirmed they're not one of them. And while I don't support conspiracy theories, I think this deserves some thought.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2013, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually, the Chechnyans would be trying to target Russian sites and the like. So why are they attacking the U.S. who have been on their side all this time as far as I know?? Al-Qaeda has confirmed they're not one of them. And while I don't support conspiracy theories, I think this deserves some thought.

Well, when they capture him, we may get an answer. Still, they stole a SUV and fought back with explosives and such. So whether they are connected or not, stuff like this is at least taken care of. Otherwise, they should have come clean and just surrender if they're "innocent". Anyway, I hope they get that guy alive ASAP.

#36 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2013, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Chechen Republic has released a statement saying that the family had not lived there for some time, that they had moved elsewhere in Russia and then onto Kazakhstan.

There's no reason the Chechens would bomb an American city, and it would only undermine their fight for independence.

I would keep all theories at bay until the full story comes out. No groups AT ALL have claimed responsibility or supported the bombing, so it is possible that the brothers acted on their own.

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 19 2013, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Chechen Republic has released a statement saying that the family had not lived there for some time, that they had moved elsewhere in Russia and then onto Kazakhstan.

There's no reason the Chechens would bomb an American city, and it would only undermine their fight for independence.

I would keep all theories at bay until the full story comes out. No groups AT ALL have claimed responsibility or supported the bombing, so it is possible that the brothers acted on their own.

Yeah, that seems likely. Regardless, this is sad. One or two man can take down many men. It's literally no even.

#38 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 19 2013, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, thanks. Mind linking me to a source, though?? I guess it is more likely a case of two nutcases acting on their own.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2013, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, thanks. Mind linking me to a source, though?? I guess it is more likely a case of two nutcases acting on their own.

Best to have that over the place themselves, because it could be a small war with that. So, best to have guys who acted their own. Either way, it's still horrible.

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 19 2013, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been following the live BBC feed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22213651

Hopefully they find that second suspect before anyone else is hurt or killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users