54175 replies to this topic

#6681 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hinata herself tells Naruto to tell Sakura how he feels about her or comes to see how Sakura does and encourages her to do it, basically if Hinata goes pushing NS that would be the ultimate crushing blow to that ship.

Even if that happens I can guarantee you what the NH fans will say. Something like this "You see Hinata truly loves Naruto, she wants him to be happy. Now Naruto will be with Sakura because of Hinata's selfless love but eventually Naruto will realize that there is only one woman for him. And that is of course the one the only Hinata the greatest person that ever lived. And when that happens Naruto will confess his undying love for Hinata." :chuckle:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#6682 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

I agree Inferno. :P It's incredible how much 631 has been twisted for the sake of calming ships down.

It was a joke, he was poking fun at her confession(Naruto is not an ass and the character reactions would've been different), Sakura is abusing Naruto again(abuse is not handled comically). Sakura's being compared with Kushina's worst trait, which is was not what she meant when saying 'find someone like me', so it's an insult to her advice(her worst trait was her verbal tick, and if so it was Minato who triggered the "insult".) That's not all..Kushina's words are even an order and not an advice, and Hinata is like Kushina because they both love Naruto(guess what NS fans believe Sakura does too). XDD

Instead of taking it for what it is and arguing against it, twisting it to the point of out of context and out of character just to downplay the moment. These arguments doesn't fit with how the moments were written.

ナルサク

#6683 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Even if that happens I can guarantee you what the NH fans will say. Something like this "You see Hinata truly loves Naruto, she wants him to be happy. Now Naruto will be with Sakura because of Hinata's selfless love but eventually Naruto will realize that there is only one woman for him. And that is of course the one the only Hinata the greatest person that ever lived. And when that happens Naruto will confess his undying love for Hinata." :chuckle:

lols , thats really cute , but Naruto has never even thought of Hinata unless she is actually there .  Hinata is just someone he can relate his nindo to (barely might I add ) but other than he looks at Hinata as he looks a Ino , a friend and nothing more than that .  Naruto's love for Sakura is too much it won't waver its either he is with Sakura or nobody in his mind   . 

Edited by Superman333, 25 August 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image

#6684 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I agree Inferno. :P It's incredible how much 631 has been twisted for the sake of calming ships down.

It was a joke, he was poking fun at her confession(Naruto is not an ass and the character reactions would've been different), Sakura is abusing Naruto again(abuse is not handled comically). Sakura's being compared with Kushina's worst trait, which is was not what she meant when saying 'find someone like me', so it's an insult to her advice(her worst trait was her verbal tick, and if so it was Minato who triggered the "insult".) That's not all..Kushina's words are even an order and not an advice, and Hinata is like Kushina because they both love Naruto(guess what NS fans believe Sakura does too). XDD

Instead of taking it for what it is and arguing against it, twisting it to the point of out of context and out of character just to downplay the moment. These arguments doesn't fit with how the moments were written.

I agree . 

Posted Image

#6685 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wow, Inferno180. First time seeing you this, but I understand. I went through this before and man, I almost begged for ban to go far, I think I got lucky because I explained my point. It's in the old debate thread, but I really tear it down. Good times. :P

#6686 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Agreed. All of those men have loved one and only one woman.

Bolded. Hahaha Well that's lust not love, so we'll let it slide ;)

Hahaha, yeah it was pretty funny. I'm glad no one was hurt as well. I'm sure people will be frustrated at first, which is perfectly normal. Yesterday, I was frustrated because one of my OTP's in a different fandom was brutally sunk, but I've calmed down hahaha (of course I didn't accuse the writer of bad writing or anything like that, I was just upset).

And that manga... wow. Yep, I believe people like that are certainly out there. There are some real psychotic people strewn about in the world. Let's hope things will never ever go that far... :sweat:

Yeah, I've had it happen to me too, more times than my actually correct ones.  My latest one was a couple I figured wouldn't happen after halfway through, so I wasn't so surprised when it got sunk, but still got upset a bit.  May I ask what that ship was? 

The series I was talking about the writer was from an anime, based off a light novel.  I recommend it, Dantalion No Shoka.  It was pretty good.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 25 August 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#6687 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

The one reason I don't want NH coming canon is well mainly because of the fanbase.

It seriously just baffles me with the logic of "evidence" that works like this under some fans:

for NS long development, most screentime, friendly moments, constant interaction, written similarities of other characters to them (parallels), apparently its all supposed to be stupid meaningless, and worth nothing.

for NH apparently little development and 2 simple events with much left blank or unaddressed with conflicts to character development, story progress, little to no evidence, and just operating on the "cause we said so argument" apparently speculation and fan desire is more important than actual visual and dialogue type evidence presented and the fore-mentioned reasons alone are enough to merit NH as canon.

So lets disregard the other factors like how SS itself has problems and is currently under a lot of pressure. Lets ignore how Naruto still likes the idea of Sakura as a girlfriend, lets ignore Kushina's foreshadow and background compared to Sakura. Lets ignore 631 and just ignore the foreshadow and fact that Minato saw Sakura like Kushina, even as minor, Sakura being the only girl compared to Kushina should not count.  Lets ingore Naruto himself and the heroes merits.

Seriously if Nh became canon it would just be a case of logic where constant display and screentime evidence built towards the progression of 2 characters should mean nothing but friendship while another one hardly touched upon, one character remaining static for the majority of the series suddenly gets a lime light to just get a free pass without development and hardly any advancement in her own character, rather Hinata's love should come true basically because she hoped to be with Naruto, not like Naruto's struggle for Sakura had anything worth doing. This is what I mean, the fanbase just goes by their preference rather than logic.

Its like if NH went canon, it would have been the same as Zutara, hardly anything showing them go closer, it would be like Ed and winrey would not have ended together despite their screentime, it would be like if frodo never destroyed the ring or if Luffy never becomes priate king, likewise if aang never mastered the elements or if korra never gained airbending, all the effort for something else to be dumped on something hardly worth anything. This is what NH fans are asking for and honestly from a storyline prespective, it makes me sick just thinking about it cause at this point then Kushinas intro and backstory and final words would all be for nothing, just wasted space for some sudden twist without meaning, I'm talking more random than orochimaru following Sasuke's choice. Sasuke at least got a notion from Itachi's last words after beating Kabuto, we saw his change coming, but Orochimaru's was a bit more unseen. seriously Sakura starting to not love Sasuke is too hard for people to process? 635 gave clues thats what she is moving towards. Seriously if people are really just acting dumb or really cannot listen or even see the stuff for NS being presented, they should just stop reading if its that hard to grasp a simple notion that NS can be the end pairing because of the majority of it being the shown one in the manga.

Well I'm done, nothing more to say. Just reading some stuff really irked me off not because it downplayed NS, rather because I cannot stand it when selective reading becomes this bad, it drives people to ignore some of the biggest things and longest development when all of the major stuff should just vanish for minor stuff because it would make the fans happy. No just no. I have nothing else to say. For once reading stuff really just irked me off, not at NH but just the fanbase. Nothing ruined my faith in NS, just how some people, I seriously cannot believe, can they be that blind. I'm out.

Edited by Inferno180, 25 August 2013 - 11:03 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#6688 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

lols , thats really cute , but Naruto has never even thought of Hinata unless she is actually there .  Hinata is just someone he can relate his nindo to (barely might I add ) but other than he looks at Hinata as he looks a Ino , a friend and nothing more than that .  Naruto's love for Sakura is too much it won't waver its either he is with Sakura or nobody in his mind   . 

That's not what I hear from the NH fans mate. Seriously you can go and check it out yourself. It doesn't matter what we see or what Kishi writes, what matters to them is what they want to see.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#6689 deviouslyChaotic

deviouslyChaotic

Alex Turner turners me on

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:sleep.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, I've had it happen to me too, more times than my actually correct ones.  My latest one was a couple I figured wouldn't happen after halfway through, so I wasn't so surprised when it got sunk, but still got upset a bit.  May I ask what that ship was? 

The series I was talking about the writer was from an anime, based off a light novel.  I recommend it, Dantalion No Shoka.  It was pretty good.

Of course! The ship was John x Vriska from Homestuck. What sucks is that John was really the only one who accepted Vriska and actually liked her whereas everyone else in the story pretty much hated her. They had a really nice relationship, but after the recent update, John says that he thinks she's self-centered, full of herself, dangerous, an awful person, and that he hates her... It REALLY stung, man. Ouch. :'(

Good to know! I'll check out the series when I have the chance :).

Uh. I keep seeing a TON of posts on tumblr comparing Hinata to Kushina. What's the deal? Why can't they just accept the fact that Sakura was meant to be paralleled to Kushina? I don't get it. Also, does anyone know when we would be getting an updated databook? I want to see Sakura's new and improved stats!

:sakura:

tumblr_n963zefXMR1rab3jho5_r1_500.gif

"Suck it and see."

#6690 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

That's not what I hear from the NH fans mate. Seriously you can go and check it out yourself. It doesn't matter what we see or what Kishi writes, what matters to them is what they want to see.

Ofc if they saw otherwise they would not ship it, what matters is their arguments.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6691 mmrc27

mmrc27

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:reading books and manga, watching anime, writing my own fictional story based on anime, and study :)

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

after the war, if naruto and sasuke satarted to fight for being the next hokage, what would sakura's reaction be? will she interfere with the fight or support naruto or what?  :happy:

#6692 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Ofc if they saw otherwise they would not ship it, what matters is their arguments.

What matters is what they want. Screw the plot, the development, the character correlations. Screw what Kishimoto wants, screw what Naruto wants. The world must revolve around their sweet cute adorable little angel who deserves everything in the end. (off topic: I saw a NH pic once depicting the end of the war and Hinata was there unconscious, with angelic wings, naked, and being carried by Naruto. Yeah. Sakura had her clothes on and was walking home alone.).

I have to agree with inferno, it started to really annoy me at some point, although now I couldn't be more chilled about it... so many evidence that I don't see the need to argue anymore.

Edited by Darkness, 26 August 2013 - 12:22 AM.

bKTC2.png

#6693 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

I say just let them believe what they want to believe ain't no sense in trying to change they mind , let them be selective in their reading like I said before all they are setting themselves up for is major disappointment and in some peoples case heartbreak . 

after the war, if naruto and sasuke satarted to fight for being the next hokage, what would sakura's reaction be? will she interfere with the fight or support naruto or what?  :happy:

She will support Naruto of course . :)

They ship it because they believe Hinata deserves a free pass because she "loved " him first yet she never took the time to rescue him from his lonliness or took the time to even get to know him like Sakura did . 

Posted Image

#6694 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

This can be considered bashing, but I don't blame you for feeling this way.  Last night, I checked come NaruHina vids on youtube out of curiosity, and just got upset over the things they said in the comments, and it was still bothering me today.  You expressed exactly what I was feeling in a better way I could ever write.  The temptation would indeed be great to rub it in their faces if NaruSaku happens, but we really shouldn't, otherwise, we'd be no different from them, and it puts a bad name on our ship.  I mean one thing I've noticed is that NH has more of a habit of invading NS vids than the reverse, and even if a few NS goes into a NH vid, rarely one if not all are rude and spam comments.

My thoughts exactly. I'm about at my last straw with them. The best way I've found to get over their...'proofs' is to just watch a comedy show or something. Fairy Tail, for me, is great medicine for my aching brain after reading their comments.

#6695 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

My thoughts exactly. I'm about at my last straw with them. The best way I've found to get over their...'proofs' is to just watch a comedy show or something. Fairy Tail, for me, is great medicine for my aching brain after reading their comments.

I personally enjoy debunking their arguments one by one seriously , you should see how their sentences get smaller and smaller until they finally say okay we will see at the end lols . 

Posted Image

#6696 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

I personally enjoy debunking their arguments one by one seriously , you should see how their sentences get smaller and smaller until they finally say okay we will see at the end lols . 

Would you like to 'debunk' this video then? Idk if any of you have seen it, but it's pretty funny. Especially the comments on the video lol.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JZv42KSOT4o

#6697 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

Well hopefully the other ships get a rude awakening when they realize everything they said was on an extreme twist and it ended up hurting them in the end more than paying off in their advantage. I still DO NOT understand how they started this whole Hinata=minato thing. The foreshadow was for naruto to find someone like his mother, not a relationship like minato and kushina. Considering how they were shoving it down our throats how hinata=kushina beforehand and they got butthurt over that. It also appears that it's good to avoid direct manga comparisons between Naruto and Minato and stick to assumptions. I understand how extremely frustrating it is but it'll all end up in out favour because NaruSaku has all the possibilities the other couples don't.

#6698 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Would you like to 'debunk' this video then? Idk if any of you have seen it, but it's pretty funny. Especially the comments on the video lol.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JZv42KSOT4o

lols of course you should check out the NaruSaku vs NaruHina debate I debunked every single last thing on there lols . 

Posted Image

#6699 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Well hopefully the other ships get a rude awakening when they realize everything they said was on an extreme twist and it ended up hurting them in the end more than paying off in their advantage. I still DO NOT understand how they started this whole Hinata=minato thing. The foreshadow was for naruto to find someone like his mother, not a relationship like minato and kushina. Considering how they were shoving it down our throats how hinata=kushina beforehand and they got butthurt over that. It also appears that it's good to avoid direct manga comparisons between Naruto and Minato and stick to assumptions. I understand how extremely frustrating it is but it'll all end up in out favour because NaruSaku has all the possibilities the other couples don't.

The thing is Hinata is nothing Minato neither , I asked one of them to explain how Hinata is like Minato and they told me , they both didn't talk when they was younger , they was both shy , and they was both scared of people lols . 

I don't call a man at Minato's age claiming that he will be Hokage in front of the whole class shy . I don't call a man never giving up on his dreams and outspoken scared of anything either ,he is the complete opposite , Sakura is more like Minato than Hinata . 

Posted Image

#6700 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

The thing is Hinata is nothing Minato neither , I asked one of them to explain how Hinata is like Minato and they told me , they both didn't talk when they was younger , they was both shy , and they was both scared of people lols . 

I don't call a man at Minato's age claiming that he will be Hokage in front of the whole class shy . I don't call a man never giving up on his dreams and outspoken scared of anything either ,he is the complete opposite , Sakura is more like Minato than Hinata . 

The thing is, it is the only argument they have at this point in time. So their going to cling to it for as long as they can until even that blows up in their face.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)