• Please log in to reply
8493 replies to this topic

#8441 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

Well, I like the dub okay otherwise, not a deal breaker for me. Mainly started with the sub recently because the dubbed episodes take so long to come out.

Same here.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#8442 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yeah. Unless it was done for the sake of lip syncing or something, I don't get the reasoning behind it. Granted, from what I gathered (not a language expert) at times some interpretation on the part of the translators may be needed, but to my knowledge probably not a valid excuse in this case.=/

Well, I like the dub okay otherwise, not a deal breaker for me. Mainly started with the sub recently because the dubbed episodes take so long to come out.

Same here.

Me too. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of Chie Nakamura. Kate Higgins gives Sakura the angelic voice she deserves.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#8443 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Don't you think you are over exaggerating a bit? They wouldn't change it to that degree. I can't remember them changing any dialogues all that much. 

He is exaggerating. 

They actually do change it though. If you watch subbed before watching dubbed you can tell, really clearly.

They do change it, but mostly for the reasons that questdrivencollie said...

Yeah. Unless it was done for the sake of lip syncing or something, I don't get the reasoning behind it. Granted, from what I gathered (not a language expert) at times some interpretation on the part of the translators may be needed, but to my knowledge probably not a valid excuse in this case.=/

While I am sure that some of the translators (and even some of the voice actors I think actually) have a preference, some more open than others, but they are also PROFESSIONALS. If you honestly feel like that they are purposely changing the dialogue so that it could fit their preferred shipping pairing, then it is probably just in your head.

It is frustrating to often read from this site how people honestly believe that everyone associated with the series, everyone except Kishi, are against us.

For example,

"Ooooh, the Pierrot studios admit liking Hinata a lot in a video (or two), so they are obvious bias to Naruhina and are making her more prominent than she really is. No wonder there are soo many NH fans, because the animation studios hate Narusaku, even though they have given MANY Naruto and Sakura fillers (with some romantic implications)."

Or...

"Ooooh, they change the dialogue around in the english dub to make it seem more NH than NS, rather than the fact they probably had to change it for translation purposes and possibly censorship. Oh no, a Viz employee (probably one who is in charge of running their social media outputs online) made a post saying how they wonder what a Naruto and Hinata wedding would be like. While that was just an opinion of one employee (though maybe others, I don't know how their social media output work), that obviously show that they are against Narusaku , which explains why there are soo many NH fans."

#8444 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

He is exaggerating. 

They do change it, but mostly for the reasons that questdrivencollie said...

While I am sure that some of the translators (and even some of the voice actors I think actually) have a preference, some more open than others, but they are also PROFESSIONALS. If you honestly feel like that they are purposely changing the dialogue so that it could fit their preferred shipping pairing, then it is probably just in your head.

It is frustrating to often read from this site how people honestly believe that everyone associated with the series, everyone except Kishi, are against us.

For example,

"Ooooh, the Pierrot studios admit liking Hinata a lot in a video (or two), so they are obvious bias to Naruhina and are making her more prominent than she really is. No wonder there are soo many NH fans, because the animation studios hate Narusaku, even though they have given MANY Naruto and Sakura fillers (with some romantic implications)."

Or...

"Ooooh, they change the dialogue around in the english dub to make it seem more NH than NS, rather than the fact they probably had to change it for translation purposes and possibly censorship. Oh no, a Viz employee (probably one who is in charge of running their social media outputs online) made a post saying how they wonder what a Naruto and Hinata wedding would be like. While that was just an opinion of one employee (though maybe others, I don't know how their social media output work), that obviously show that they are against Narusaku , which explains why there are soo many NH fans."

Okay... No. That's not what I meant. I'm saying that in anime in general, the dubbed is much more different than the subbed. It's edited to be more clean, or sometimes it's changed to sound better, or sometimes things are taken out... and overall it ends up being changed to the point where the differences are obvious. Try watching a dubbed episode after a subbed episode. You can clearly tell the changes. I'm not saying they do it all the time, in all animes - but it happens. Not usually for fanservice, like you say it is...

I honestly don't believe anime creators "favor" any fictional person or pairing. They just do they're job like they have to. Like you said, they are professionals and they know what they're doing. The changes usually aren't so drastic that it affects the storyline completely.

Edited by Iwantbuns, 18 July 2014 - 01:41 AM.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

#8445 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:02 AM

Sorry if it seemed like that's what I was implying. ^^; I'm not a dub hater nor inclined to accuse anyone of anything without solid reasoning, I'm just not an argumentative person...well, there are a few subjects, but this isn't one of them. =P

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#8446 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

Me too. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of Chie Nakamura. Kate Higgins gives Sakura the angelic voice she deserves.

i like both voice actresses but to me chie gives the better performance shes funny to im friends with her on fb

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#8447 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Kate Higgins is okay... but Chie Nakamura makes her sound more mature in my opinion.

#8448 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

i like both voice actresses but to me chie gives the better performance shes funny to im friends with her on fb

Kate Higgins is okay... but Chie Nakamura makes her sound more mature in my opinion.

There was only one scene I liked her in this movie. Hokage mountain scene where Sakura uses a teasing, flirty kinda voice. But some scenes her voice is so bland like that one after the bridal style catch and the scene where Sakura realizes she was wrong and is running to Naruto's home to apologize. Kate would give more emotional voice in those scenes. 

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#8449 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

There was only one scene I liked her in this movie. Hokage mountain scene where Sakura uses a teasing, flirty kinda voice. But some scenes her voice is so bland like that one after the bridal style catch and the scene where Sakura realizes she was wrong and is running to Naruto's home to apologize. Kate would give more emotional voice in those scenes. 

im guessing you mean this scene

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#8450 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

I was talking about the the scene in RtN. When Sakura is kicked into the air by Menma and Naruto catches her. Chie has given a bland voice there. You can compare that  to the video scene you have posted above, the scenes are different, yes, but  I feel Kate's voice seems to give that touch of emotion better than Chie.

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 18 July 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#8451 narusakuotp

narusakuotp

I'm weird...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga, cartoons, drawing, video games, shopping, music, singing, computers, writing, watching videos on YouTube, Pokemon, Invader Zim, laughing at the Naruto ending

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm super excited for it to come to theaters DUBBED next month! Woop woop! (I prefer to watch the series dubbed, so no hatin'!)

Yes! I just found out about this, and I want to go see it so bad! The closest theater it is playing at for me is about 2 hours away, but I am still going! I prefer dubbed, too. I am most excited to see all the NaruSaku moments on the big screen!! :eager:

creates_one_of_og63cs__400x400__by_music

#8452 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

no one noticed shikimaru

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#8453 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

I wonder if Menma's gonna be played by Naruto's English VA...?
WqQwzgf.gif

#8454 narusakuotp

narusakuotp

I'm weird...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga, cartoons, drawing, video games, shopping, music, singing, computers, writing, watching videos on YouTube, Pokemon, Invader Zim, laughing at the Naruto ending

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

I just saw the movie in theaters, and it was awesome! I had to drive about 2 hours to get to it, though...but it was worth it! :D My mom was also with me, and she knows nothing about Naruto, but she said her favorite character was Sakura! She also asked something that almost made me scream for joy...she asked if Naruto and Sakura are dating! :woot:

#8455 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

I just saw the movie in theaters, and it was awesome! I had to drive about 2 hours to get to it, though...but it was worth it! :D My mom was also with me, and she knows nothing about Naruto, but she said her favorite character was Sakura! She also asked something that almost made me scream for joy...she asked if Naruto and Sakura are dating! :woot:

How did the movie goes for USA edition?

#8456 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

Man, I would have liked to see it *pouts*

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#8457 narusakuotp

narusakuotp

I'm weird...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

How did the movie goes for USA edition?

It was pretty good! Naruto's voice wasn't the greatest, of course. My mom thought his voice was annoying, but it wasn't completely intolerable.

#8458 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

It was pretty good! Naruto's voice wasn't the greatest, of course. My mom thought his voice was annoying, but it wasn't completely intolerable.

How were NS moments handled?

#8459 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

How were NS moments handled?

Well it was subbed not dubbed and VIZ used the same subs as the korean dub when it first came out word for word.

I write more about it in the NS thread.

spoiler title

On a separate note does anyone else think its kind of odd how RTN Minato and Kushina look younger than Kakashi and Gai...I mean in the manga it makes sense because of Edo tensei and Minato died when he was younger than Kakashi is now but in the RTN world he should have aged like everyone else. 

Edited by Pepsi, 01 September 2014 - 05:06 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#8460 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:17 AM

Just went to see the English dub at a film center, and It was pretty good. The voice actors were good, and the NS moments were actually handled pretty well. Menma's voice with the mask was autotuned, and it was okay. Not really great, but I still thought it was good. Overall the dub was pretty impressive especially when it came to the line between naruto and Sakura about "This was our longest date ever"

I'd give it about a 9/10.

Just curious when the Bluray/dvd release date is.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users