423 replies to this topic

#21 InvaderSpax

InvaderSpax

Hunting Wabbits

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:48 AM

So.....yeah. Very cool chapter, as usual.

I noticed something in the last few chapters. It seems to me that the Blossom ninja have really adopted the place as their home, almost more so than Konoha. Also, because Blossom has more or less outlawed the clan structure, it seems that an interesting side effect has occured. For all intents and purposes, there is now a "Clan Blossom" as it were. Basically, by creating the village of Blossom, they effectively created a clan that is potentially more powerful than any other (and most villages, as we've seen).

Just some food for thought. =)

#22 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:03 AM

Well... actually, it's a bit more that, without the emphasis on clan, the rivalry-based developmental structure I see repeated -- almost encouraged -- in at least six occassions (Naruto\Sasuke, Lee\Neji, Kakashi\Obito, Kakashi\Gai, Jiraiya\Orochimaru, Yondaime\Orochimaru) and added to on occasion as 'left over' from Konoha in the fic (Futaba\Hanabi very slightly, Moegi\Hanabi) is replaced more by loyalty to good leaders and trustworthy role models (leaders such as Naruto, Konohamaru, Inari, Hanabi, Hana, and Sakura) and a willingness to respect others regardless of who their family is. Leadership and... um, cosmopolitanism I guess would be the word, over rivalry and inter-clan isolationism, in other words.

To put it in terms of American social theory... Blossom is a melting pot, Konoha is a contentious salad bowl. (This is not intended to be a political comment at all -- just a case of parallelism without intended meaning)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#23 jaredstar

jaredstar

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

there is a joke in those last two lines. but i refuse to make it
yo

#24 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

just read the fanfic again man, GET YOUR UPDATES FASTER, i SURVIVE on them!

#25 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Yes, desaix you really must update soon. PLEASEZ!

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#26 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Well, no chance of me getting a new chapter out soon. For those of you SO incredibly anxious, however, in the spoiler tag below, you will find out who the next fight will be between and what techniques I'm intending to try and use in that fight (which will be updated as I think of more of them -- that's why I'm writing it out here, to try and figure out what'll be employed when). Please remember to use spoiler tags if you want to reply to the spoiler.

Click For Spoiler

Okay, the fight is a 'friendly sparring match' between Hyuuga Hiashi and one of his two prospective son-in-laws: Inari. Naruto was confident that any one of his team could face down any Hyuuga clan member that Hiashi sent against them, outside of Hanabi, and so he allowed Hiashi to pick his opponent. Inari (being the most likely of Hanabi's lovers to impregnate her with a non-Hyuuga blooded child) was the obvious choice. Hanabi smirks when he says that because Inari, she claims, is the one best capable of battling a 'classic' Hyuuga style fighter. Sakura is unsure of this. Hiashi and Inari are fighting in a practice field with Hanabi, Sakura, Naruto, Adaha, and Umiko looking on. That's the background I think would be best used to understand this fight's tactics (if not its reason for happening... heh). I will point out from where Inari got each technique as I list it (the three choices being Naruto, Hanabi, and Haruna-sensei. Most of these techniques are 'original' to him, but all of them required the background one of these three teachers gave him in order to complete it). Also included is some backstory for many of the techniques which I may or may not be able to work into the fic -- in at least one case, it was supposed to be in Volume 3 already, but I couldn't fit it into what was already a WAY too over-long volume. Okay, here goes the list:

Ramen noodle control. A suggestion made by Naruto over lunch during Inari's training days as a 'safe substitute for wires' for training with Hanabi inspired Inari to develop a way to actually use ramen as wires. While he was unable to do it himself, Hanabi was able to help him figure out the principles behind such a technique. Now, he can wield them with almost perfect control, and make them hard as iron, brittle, soft, or sticky while in combat. Perfect for entangling an uppity girlfriend when she starts using her kaiten during training. tongue.gif Knowledge of this technique is shared with Hanabi and, to a lesser extent, Naruto himself.

Conscious knowledge of the location of his OWN tenketsu. Hanabi knew there was a chance a day would come when all three of her lovers might have to face down other members of her family. In order to help protect them, she used her own byakugan to locate the tenketsu on each of their bodies, teaching them very effectively where they are, so they know precisely where on their own bodies to protect themselves. Learning this was a fun and pleasurable experience, since for reasons she never explained she did this while each of them was in the nude. nosebleed8rx.gif Shared, obviously, with Umiko and Adaha... and likely Hanabi as well, but then again, she would.

Special varient of the bunshin\kage bunshin which Inari developed under Naruto's tutelage -- Inari created one single perfect kage bunshin. Then, he and the shadow clone each perform one of either plain old ordinary Bunshin no jutsu and kage bunshin no jutsu -- releasing the appearance of hundreds of shadow clones, much as Naruto does, but with only some of them having any substance to them. This, alone, would be ineffective against Hiashi, but the technique also allows for which clones are kage bunshin and which are plain bunshin to switch 'on the fly' without any contact being made. In other words, an insubstantial clone could sneak into Hiashi's blind spot, then BECOME substantial and throw a strike. err.gif That make sense to you guys? It will be easier to explain during the actual fight, I fear. At any rate, this is a technique shared with Naruto... although Naruto is hardly likely to need to use it very often.

Ohashi (translates as chopsticks... or rather, honorable chopsticks, but I don't think chopsticks are ever referred to as anything but honorable) no shuriken. Basic shuriken technique, only using chopsticks instead of kunai or some form of throwing blade. Developed with Haruna-sensei to pair with his ramen techniques, and can be used in conjunction with just about any other technique that lets his hands free (like the special bunshin varient mentioned above).

Doyoroi no jutsu. Naruto taught him the 'earth armor' technique from the scrolls he himself had acquired from the Rock way back in Volume 2. (Remember, the whole point of Volume 2's trip into Rock country?) Can be effective in protecting some of the tenketsu if he is unable to move away from attack.

Plus, of course, whatever kicks, punches, knees, elbows, headbutts, and basic ninjitsu he learned under Haruna-sensei and others back at the Blossom Academy could always be employed. Not to mention explosive tags, wires, food pellets, etc.

Addendum: As a side note, I'd like to place a call out to any artistically inclined folks out there for a bit of work. I'm a bit tired of not having a good banner for my sig, but if I do include one I'd like it to be themed on Training instead of just a generic Naruto or NaruSaku banner. Sadly, I am not an artist myself (an old friend of mine -- who I've lost contact with over the years *sigh* -- used to use the phrase "I write because I can't draw" to describe why he did fanfiction. I often feel the same way) or I would make it myself, and an avatar to go with it, but... well, I just seem to lack the time and ability. If anyone else thinks they could, though, I'd be grateful. (Not much I could offer in return, though... sweatdrop.gif so I kinda feel like I'm begging for scraps, here, but that's about the only way I see myself getting either a unique avatar image or a banner).

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#27 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:37 PM

Unknown's Ghost: AWSOME now i WILL wait!

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

Well, If you do get an artist, can you ask said artist to draw me Sakura with Naruto in her "Kyuubi-themed" dress? I would very much like that.

EDIT: Hey desaix, when are you gonna update? Sorry if I'm pressuring you, because if I am, it's accidental.

Edited by shadow_Uzamaki, 27 March 2006 - 04:23 AM.

#29 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

In the unlikely event anyone here cares, I have an update on the 'how soon will I get around to continuing the fic.'

Now, I do freelance work as a career, and my current job is some freelance technical writing, compiling thirty-seven short manuals for a small business into one large, comprehensive manual. Much of the work has been transcription, but there is some 'transitional' writing I have to do, myself.

I just finished the twentieth of those smaller manuals. The word count stands at just over a hundred twenty thousand words -- or about one third the size of Training as it stands, now. I've probably got just about as much to go. So... another couple weeks to finish, then a few days to make revisions, and then I can send it off and my workload will lighten considerably (although the project won't be finished until I get their corrections and the like, but those things will be a lot more manageable).

I have tried working on the next chapter from time to time, but I haven't got much done on it, and I'm not happy with what has been done. I may decide to start the chapter over from the beginning... but anyway, it'll be a while, still, and it doesn't look like I'll get anything at all out until my freelance work is done.

Ah, well. Until then...

-Tonbo

#30 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:25 AM

dont stress yoruself man, just take it easy, we can wait a month or 2

#31 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:35 AM

No worries, desaix! You're a respectable author and I'd be disappointed in you if you'd decided on pitching something you're not satisfied with.

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

What Vespar said is true, you are a respected author, so heed Naruto's words, Don't Give Up! and Adam Sandler's words on a Rob Schneider movie, "You Can Do It!"

#33 maayabee

maayabee

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

Totally agree with Vespar and ShadowUzumaki, take your time and finish your RL work before you continue on Training for the Job.

Though it was extremely naughty of you to leave us with such a cliffhanger, RL work takes precedence over fanfic.

Anyhow, I would like to say that I enjoy what you have written and am slightly surprised at the turn in the latest chapters.

Don't read spoiler tag unless you are up to date with latest chapter.

Click For Spoiler

Here I was comfortable with Naruto and Sakura, ruling over Blossom and you have to transplant them back to Konoha in a somewhat permanent state (vs. let's get healed and head back to Blossom). Oh well, can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves and can't wait to see how you are going to solve the Hyuuga crisis.

Anyhow, good luck with your tech manual.

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:20 AM

I agree with maaybee, I wonder if Naruto and Sakura will go back? I'm trying to be vague here on purpose, but I hope you know what I'm talking about.

#35 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

Okay, for the record:

Come Monday or Tuesday, I'll be able to start work on the fic again. It'll be updated slower then in the past, but work will start again.

-Tonbo

#36 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Wow, so many people getting sick. Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?

#37 InvaderSpax

InvaderSpax

Hunting Wabbits

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

glad to hear you're back, desaix. Lookin forward to the next chapter. Yeah, those of us who kinda survive on "Training" hate to see it on hiatus, but RL comes first, man.

The way I see it, it'll make the next chapter all the more refreshing to read.

#38 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

.... at ealst we'll get the next chap in a week or so, and all i can say on the cliff hanger is
Click For Spoiler
i hate you, leaving us like that, JUST AFTER NARUTO BECOMES HOKAGE TO WU AU A BWAD PERSON

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hey, desaix, how's the chapter doing, are you nearly done?

#40 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:04 PM

Er, unexpected delay in the restart, but it shouldn't be more then another couple days before I'm back to work on it. Sorry.

-Tonbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users